PDA

View Full Version : Is Connor related to Ezio or Altair?

Sarari
10-10-2012, 09:50 PM
From what I've seen of Connor's attitude, he seems more like Altair to me. Maybe his american accent has something to do with it, but the way he's quiet at times and relaxed resembles him. Plus, in Altair's time, he was around many English men, and of course his wife. So some of his great great great great grandsons might have gone to American and knocked over a native woman.

What do you guys think?

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 09:52 PM
So... Altair did not have an American accent, just so we`re clear and.... there is 600 years between them, you seriously think that because he`s calm, they`re related ?

Funny you never even mention Haytham xD

rileypoole1234
10-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I think people get related to and descended from confused. I don't think he's related to either Ezio or Altair.

Sarari
10-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Well he had to have come from one side of the branch. Which one is he from?

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Well he had to have come from one side of the branch. Which one is he from?
He does not HAVE to come from either to be Desmond`s ancestor..

pacmanate
10-10-2012, 10:36 PM

Yeah he could be "made up assassin's" descendent.

ApexMandalorian
10-10-2012, 10:36 PM
So... Altair did not have an American accent, just so we`re clear and.... there is 600 years between them, you seriously think that because he`s calm, they`re related ?

Funny you never even mention Haytham xD

So what exactly was the accent of Altair in the first game? IDK, that's pretty much the only thing that bothers me about that game. Altair's voice seemed so out of place. Glad they got a new voice actor for him in Revelations.

No, Connor doesn't have to come from Altair or Ezio. All that matters is that, somewhere down the line, one of Connor's descendants is Desmond's ancestor. That's all it takes for Desmond to claim Connor as his ancestor.

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 10:38 PM
So what exactly was the accent of Altair in the first game? IDK, that's pretty much the only thing that bothers me about that game. Altair's voice seemed so out of place. Glad they got a new voice actor for him in Revelations.

No, Connor doesn't have to come from Altair or Ezio. All that matters is that, somewhere down the line, one of Connor's descendants is Desmond's ancestor. That's all it takes for Desmond to claim Connor as his ancestor.
He had an American Accent because of the Animus, so It never happened in real life, it was just a simulation translation..

kudos17
10-10-2012, 10:39 PM

Yeah, this.

For all we know, Ezio and Altair's lines may have not even converged until Desmond.

Turul.
10-10-2012, 10:40 PM
could be neither. most likely they arent related.

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah, this.

For all we know, Ezio and Altair's lines may have not even converged until Desmond.
Exactly...

They may have converged much earlier and then Connor joins in later..

Locopells
10-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Doubtful, unless we can trace his father to either of them.

Sarari
10-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Who's his father again, and are there any screenshots of him?

ApexMandalorian
10-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Who's his father again, and are there any screenshots of him?

Haytham Kenway

naran6142
10-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Now I could be wrong here but... I'm pretty sure Connor is related to Desmond...

Kaschra
10-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Well, of course he's related to Desmond.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Now I could be wrong here but... I'm pretty sure Connor is related to Desmond...
Source ?

INDIANA_PRIDE
10-11-2012, 12:50 AM

No, Connor doesn't have to come from Altair or Ezio. All that matters is that, somewhere down the line, one of Connor's descendants is Desmond's ancestor. That's all it takes for Desmond to claim Connor as his ancestor.lol Dude Altair spoke straight English (American) in the first AC. You can say that the animus caused it and it wasn't real life BUT this is a game and none of it's real. Dude was just saying that Altair spoke American in AC1 and he did.

JumpInTheFire13
10-11-2012, 12:56 AM
lol Dude Altair spoke straight English (American) in the first AC. You can say that the animus caused it and it wasn't real life BUT this is a game and none of it's real. Dude was just saying that Altair spoke American in AC1 and he did.
But it was caused by the Animus, for the same reason that Altair and Ezio had Desmond's face, but in Revelations they had their "real" faces. It was to make Desmond more comfortable.

It amazes me how little people know about this series. Looks like I have to bust out my handy-dandy diagram again...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7190/6811369572_e845e343d5_z.jpg

naran6142
10-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Source ?

Let me take a look around... Theres gotta be one out there...

kriegerdesgottes
10-11-2012, 01:09 AM

It disturbs me sometimes how little people understand about how genealogy works.

Kaschra
10-11-2012, 01:09 AM
But it was caused by the Animus, for the same reason that Altair and Ezio had Desmond's face, but in Revelations they had their "real" faces. It was to make Desmond more comfortable.

It amazes me how little people know about this series. Looks like I have to bust out my handy-dandy diagram again...

Nice chart you have there. But isn't Ezio the last common ancestor of both Clay and Desmond? So Clay can't be related to Flavia, too.
Didn't the Devs say that Ezio had an illegitimate child who was Clay's next ancestor?

rileypoole1234
10-11-2012, 01:33 AM
lol Dude Altair spoke straight English (American) in the first AC. You can say that the animus caused it and it wasn't real life BUT this is a game and none of it's real. Dude was just saying that Altair spoke American in AC1 and he did.

American is not a language. The Animus caused it. His true accent is shown in ACR because Ezio is viewing his memories through the seals, not the Animus.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 01:35 AM
Nice chart you have there. But isn't Ezio the last common ancestor of both Clay and Desmond? So Clay can't be related to Flavia, too.
Didn't the Devs say that Ezio had an illegitimate child who was Clay's next ancestor?
Indeed, Clay is descended from Neither Marcello nor Flavia..

Clay`s ancestor was conceived before Ezio found the Vault in Rome..

INDIANA_PRIDE
10-11-2012, 03:18 AM
American is not a language. The Animus caused it. His true accent is shown in ACR because Ezio is viewing his memories through the seals, not the Animus.
lol I'm American so I think I know what language we speak. I wrote "English". I just put America incase people from different countries didn't know. I don't care what the reasoning is (as I have already stated) he spoke English in AC1. That is all we were saying. You guys don't have to turn everything into a argument. How come Ezio had a accent? We weren't looking at his life through a seal lol?

kriegerdesgottes
10-11-2012, 03:22 AM
lol I'm American so I think I know what language we speak. I wrote "English". I just put America incase people from different countries didn't know. I don't care what the reasoning is (as I have already stated) he spoke English in AC1. That is all we were saying. You guys don't have to turn everything into a argument. How come Ezio had a accent? We weren't looking at his life through a seal lol?

off topic: A fellow hoosier!?

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 03:23 AM
What`s with you ?

You clearly do not pay attention when playing. Ezio had an Accent, because the Animus 2.0 Translator had bugs and did not work as well as the Animus 1.28`s translator..

He was saying that because Altair spoke American English in AC I then he`s related to Connor, which is not correct, because Altair did not speak American English in reality..

INDIANA_PRIDE
10-11-2012, 03:49 AM
off topic: A fellow hoosier!?Yup lol.

INDIANA_PRIDE
10-11-2012, 03:56 AM
What`s with you ?

You clearly do not pay attention when playing. Ezio had an Accent, because the Animus 2.0 Translator had bugs and did not work as well as the Animus 1.28`s translator..

He was saying that because Altair spoke American English in AC I then he`s related to Connor, which is not correct, because Altair did not speak American English in reality..
What's with you mr wwe? I was just saying you guys act like people are dumb for not studying a "video game" when in reality they prob just have a life. All the OP was saying was that that in the game (regardless of reason) Altair spoke English.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 03:59 AM
What's with you mr wwe? I was just saying you guys act like people are dumb for not studying a "video game" when in reality they prob just have a life. All the OP was saying was that that in the game (regardless of reason) Altair spoke English.
Eh ? Video games are a form of Art, they are meant to be studied, if you`re not going to pay attention to the plot elements, then you`re better off having a "Life" and leaving Video games to the nerdy, Low lifes like us..

And No, he said that Altair had an American Accent in AC I so he is related to Connor, which is Incorrect, again

Video games ARE my life #Yay for cheesy line

INDIANA_PRIDE
10-11-2012, 04:02 AM
No I did not remember all of that but that is because it has been years since I played AC1 and Brotherhood not because I don't pay attention. If I didn't pay attention I wouldn't love the games because I wouldn't understand them.

INDIANA_PRIDE
10-11-2012, 04:03 AM
I meant AC2 not ACB btw.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 04:05 AM
No I did not remember all of that but that is because it has been years since I played AC1 and Brotherhood not because I don't pay attention. If I didn't pay attention I wouldn't love the games because I wouldn't understand them.
You`re gonna have to remember all of that, or at least refresh your memory every once in a while, because AC`s plot elements are A lot and are easily forgettable..

I meant AC2 not ACB btw.

Eh ?

INDIANA_PRIDE
10-11-2012, 04:10 AM
Eh ? Video games are a form of Art, they are meant to be studied, if you`re not going to pay attention to the plot elements, then you`re better off having a "Life" and leaving Video games to the nerdy, Low lifes like us..

And No, he said that Altair had an American Accent in AC I so he is related to Connor, which is Incorrect, again

Video games ARE my life #Yay for cheesy lineNo video games are a form of "entertainment" and don't put words in my mouth. I'm just as excited for this game as the next guy but I still lead a regular non computer life and especially when the game is not even out yet. I wasn't trying to attack anybody but I can't stand how some of you act like your smarter because you think you live in the animus yourselves lol.

INDIANA_PRIDE
10-11-2012, 04:12 AM
I get what you guys mean now though.

CrazySN
10-11-2012, 04:14 AM
I always theorized that those with Eagle vision were descendants of either Adam or Eve, since they were the only ones who were able to break free from the Pieces of Eden. If I am correct, then Connor must be related to one of them, which would mean that Altair and Ezio could also possibly be related to Connor through one of the really huge family tree's of Adam or Eve.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 04:14 AM
No video games are a form of "entertainment" and don't put words in my mouth. I'm just as excited for this game as the next guy but I still lead a regular non computer life and especially when the game is not even out yet. I wasn't trying to attack anybody but I can't stand how some of you act like your smarter because you think you live in the animus yourselves lol.
Wow...Seriously what is up with you ?

I`m not going to even argue the "Video games are not art" comment, I`ll just summarize. BS.

And I did not put words in your mouth, I said what You said "Maybe they don't remember everything, because they actually have a life" Fine, I remember EVERYTHING so I have no life..
Also, No body was acting smarter than anybody, that was you barging in not knowing anything about the argument it self. He said something wrong and some of us corrected him..leave it at that..

And I don't care about your life..

INDIANA_PRIDE
10-11-2012, 04:22 AM
Wow...Seriously what is up with you ?

I`m not going to even argue the "Video games are not art" comment, I`ll just summarize. BS.

And I did not put words in your mouth, I said what You said "Maybe they don't remember everything, because they actually have a life" Fine, I remember EVERYTHING so I have no life..
Also, No body was acting smarter than anybody, that was you barging in not knowing anything about the argument it self. He said something wrong and some of us corrected him..leave it at that..

And I don't care about your life..Yes you did. You acted like I called you guys nerds. See there you go again acting like a dbag "I don't care about your life" lol you sure you don't wanna blog on the net about my life? I'm really just actin like this to you becauase you attack anyone who says something wrong. I may not post alot but I read. You and CM Punk think your cool on the internet lol.

ApexMandalorian
10-11-2012, 04:23 AM

I bet all three converge on Desmond's mother's side. William said he doesn't have the right genes to use the Apple. Meaning that Desmond must get his TWCB genes from his mother.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 04:34 AM
I bet all three converge on Desmond's mother's side. William said he doesn't have the right genes to use the Apple. Meaning that Desmond must get his TWCB genes from his mother.
He does..

Just not the right amount..

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 04:35 AM
Yes you did. You acted like I called you guys nerds. See there you go again acting like a dbag "I don't care about your life" lol you sure you don't wanna blog on the net about my life? I'm really just actin like this to you becauase you attack anyone who says something wrong. I may not post alot but I read. You and CM Punk think your cool on the internet lol.
Get a life, man seriously..you have issues.

INDIANA_PRIDE
10-11-2012, 04:41 AM
Get a life, man seriously..you have issues.Don't call me a nerd 8).

JumpInTheFire13
10-11-2012, 04:42 AM
The only problem with that theory is that it would mean Desmond's mother has more TWCB blood than Desmond, making Desmond less... special.

I'll try to explain myself better. If Desmond's mom has, for example, 50% TWCB blood and William has 0% TWCB blood, that would mean Desmond has only 25%, and therefore less than his mother. I think William and Desmond's mother both have TWCB blood, just not enough individually. That's why Desmond is so important.

And I just realized the thing about Subject 16. Do we even know for sure that Desmond is descended from Flavia?

kriegerdesgottes
10-11-2012, 04:44 AM
. Do we even know for sure that Desmond is descended from Flavia?

Yes. Darby confirmed it and it shows up on a document in the MP that shows Desmond being descended through Flavia and Sef.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/attentaeter85/Desmonds_geneaology.jpg

JumpInTheFire13
10-11-2012, 04:52 AM
Yes. Darby confirmed it and it shows up on a document in the MP that shows Desmond being descended through Flavia and Sef.
I think I actually knew that and just forgot about it. I knew about Sef though because it said in the database entry in ACR that Darim didn't have any kids.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 04:54 AM
I think I actually knew that and just forgot about it. I knew about Sef though because it said in the database entry in ACR that Darim didn't have any kids.
Correction, It was Unknown:p

GreatBeyonder
10-11-2012, 07:38 AM
I don't think Eagle Vision is entirely passed through genes and if so, that it even works remotely like Mendelian genetics.

Consider Altair's 'blink and you miss it' Eagle Vision, as opposed to Ezio's "Run and stalk" Eagle vision 300 years later. Also consider that within those games, no other Assassin possesses those abilities. I suspect it has more to do with 'Chosen One' status and less to do with simply being born into a certain family. I suspect TWCB somehow pick who gets EV and who doesn't,

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 07:40 AM
I don't think Eagle Vision is entirely passed through genes and if so, that it even works remotely like Mendelian genetics.

Consider Altair's 'blink and you miss it' Eagle Vision, as opposed to Ezio's "Run and stalk" Eagle vision 300 years later. Also consider that within those games, no other Assassin possesses those abilities. I suspect it has more to do with 'Chosen One' status and less to do with simply being born into a certain family. I suspect TWCB somehow pick who gets EV and who doesn't,
Clay had it..

Also, How can a bunch of dead guys choose who gets it and who doesn't ?

GreatBeyonder
10-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Clay had it..

Also, How can a bunch of dead guys choose who gets it and who doesn't ?

Same way they plotted the Collosseum being built in 42 AD over a secret vault that is opened by saying '42'.

Same way they designed their holograms to address Ezio and Desmond a billion years ago.

Same way they engineered history to reach the point where Desmond would see just the right clues and go to all the right places at just the right time.

The Power of Plot.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Same way they plotted the Collosseum being built in 42 AD over a secret vault that is opened by saying '42'.

Same way they designed their holograms to address Ezio and Desmond a billion years ago.

Same way they engineered history to reach the point where Desmond would see just the right clues and go to all the right places at just the right time.

The Power of Plot.
72, mate xD

Also, those clues were designed by Ezio, they did not plot anything, they already knew what was going to happen..

And you still did not tell me how a bunch of dead guys can choose.. They`re dead..

Even they have limits, Yes they make Holograms, Yes they manipulate events, Yes the calculated the future, but, again how can a bunch of dead guys choose who has and who does not have eagle vision ? xD

Giovanni Borgia Had it, Perotto Calderon Had it... Its a Possibility of having it unlocked or not, they do not choose

GreatBeyonder
10-11-2012, 08:02 AM
72, mate xD

Also, those clues were designed by Ezio, they did not plot anything, they already knew what was going to happen..

And you still did not tell me how a bunch of dead guys can choose.. They`re dead..

Even they have limits, Yes they make Holograms, Yes they manipulate events, Yes the calculated the future, but, again how can a bunch of dead guys choose who has and who does not have eagle vision ? xD

Giovanni Borgia Had it, Perotto Calderon Had it... Its a Possibility of having it unlocked or not, they do not choose

I really don't have any idea other than whacky technobabble. I just don't think its so random as blind genetics and that there is a purpose behind the selection. Otherwise, Eagle Vision would be more openly known in the public if all you had to do was make babies.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 08:04 AM
I really don't have any idea other than whacky technobabble. I just don't think its so random as blind genetics and that there is a purpose behind the selection. Otherwise, Eagle Vision would be more openly known in the public if all you had to do was make babies.
Well, like I said.. There is a Probability of it being available to you, because It has been confirmed that ALL humans have that Probability, but only ones with Special genes or Exposure to bleeding effect get it unlocked..

The Special genes are probably one in a Million and VERY few must`v had it..

Eskaminzim
10-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Wait, if Desmond had ALL these ancestors with EV and enough TWCB blood in him to use the Apple: Why wasn't he born with EV? He only got it through the bleeding effect, right? You think with him being so special genetically, he would've been born with that ability.

aohana15
10-11-2012, 03:15 PM
But you forget that even Ezio and Altair in theory can be no related. Ezio can be from Desmond's grandfather A, Altair can be from Desmond's grandfather B and Connor can be from grandmother C.

ApexMandalorian
10-11-2012, 03:25 PM
The only problem with that theory is that it would mean Desmond's mother has more TWCB blood than Desmond, making Desmond less... special.

I'll try to explain myself better. If Desmond's mom has, for example, 50% TWCB blood and William has 0% TWCB blood, that would mean Desmond has only 25%, and therefore less than his mother. I think William and Desmond's mother both have TWCB blood, just not enough individually. That's why Desmond is so important.

And I just realized the thing about Subject 16. Do we even know for sure that Desmond is descended from Flavia?

Well, maybe his mother is more special than Desmond. There's nothing that says that Desmond is the most special person in the world. But, Desmond would be more special than his mother anyway because h,e's relatively young and a male - 2 very important aspects when you're trying to train an Assassin. Yeah, there are female assassins, but you're not going to get a 50-something year old woman to do what they are training Desmond to do.

And, on the note of genes. Are you certain that 2 people with 25% TWCB genes would procreate to produce someone with 50% TWCB genes? I'd expect that Desmond would either have 25% or less. Either way, the way genes work, you could end up getting a dominant TWCB gene or not, so it's not all add or subtract kind of thing. But I'd be willing to bet that at the very least, Desmond's mother has/had the right genes. And, remember this, Desmond wouldn't even be in this situation if it weren't for the fact that Abstergo kidnapped Desmond. They didn't pick him because he was the most special. They kidnapped him because 1) he had an ancestor who was an assassin, connected with a Piece of Eden, 2) because he was vulnerable i.e. not around other assassins.

Eskaminzim
10-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Well, maybe his mother is more special than Desmond. There's nothing that says that Desmond is the most special person in the world. But, Desmond would be more special than his mother anyway because h,e's relatively young and a male - 2 very important aspects when you're trying to train an Assassin. Yeah, there are female assassins, but you're not going to get a 50-something year old woman to do what they are training Desmond to do.

And, on the note of genes. Are you certain that 2 people with 25% TWCB genes would procreate to produce someone with 50% TWCB genes? I'd expect that Desmond would either have 25% or less. Either way, the way genes work, you could end up getting a dominant TWCB gene or not, so it's not all add or subtract kind of thing. But I'd be willing to bet that at the very least, Desmond's mother has/had the right genes. And, remember this, Desmond wouldn't even be in this situation if it weren't for the fact that Abstergo kidnapped Desmond. They didn't pick him because he was the most special. They kidnapped him because 1) he had an ancestor who was an assassin, connected with a Piece of Eden, 2) because he was vulnerable i.e. not around other assassins.

I think it's safe to say Des is more important than his mother since TWCB made extremely important holo messages giving him info on how to save the world, not to her, lol! He really is 'the most special person in the world.' LOL!

JumpInTheFire13
10-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Remember when Minerva called Ezio "Desmond" and Ezio was like WTF? Obviously Desmond is pretty special.

And it isn't that Desmond gained EV from the Bleeding Effect. I think the Animus just awakened it in him.

ApexMandalorian
10-12-2012, 01:40 AM
I think it's safe to say Des is more important than his mother since TWCB made extremely important holo messages giving him info on how to save the world, not to her, lol! He really is 'the most special person in the world.' LOL!

It's because TWCB knew the future and knew that Desmond would be in that situation. It doesn't make him physically more special.