PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Paine in AC3?

NOLA_Assassin
10-10-2012, 04:20 AM
Does anyone know if he will or will not be in the game? He's such an important figure, I'd be disappointed if they left him out:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Paine

xXRyzonXx
10-10-2012, 04:23 AM
You know, I love history and such, but I've never heard of him before :confused:

there76
10-10-2012, 04:49 AM
You know, I love history and such, but I've never heard of him before :confused:

If you knew anything about the Revolutionary War you would know who he was.

He might appear, but he was never really lived in New York or Boston. He lived in New York for a little bit in 1793, but that was well after the war.

xXRyzonXx
10-10-2012, 04:52 AM
If you knew anything about the Revolutionary War you would know who he was.

I know plenty about the revolutionary war, I just don't remember this man, don't be a d*** about it.

Didn't he write "Common Sense"?

monoman32
10-10-2012, 05:05 AM
I know plenty about the revolutionary war, I just don't remember this man, don't be a d*** about it.

Yep, he also wrote "The American Crisis" which had the famous line of "These are the times that try men's souls". He wasn't very well (for a variety of reason) since only 6 people attended his funeral.

NOLA_Assassin
10-10-2012, 05:09 AM
The big thing people don't like him for is "The Age of Reason" where he attacked all religions pretty fiercely. So is he confirmed to not appear in the game (like Alexander Hamilton)?

there76
10-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Yep, he also wrote "The American Crisis" which had the famous line of "These are the times that try men's souls". He wasn't very well (for a variety of reason) since only 6 people attended his funeral.

However Common Sense was know as the "the most incendiary and popular pamphlet of the entire revolutionary era."

D.I.D.
10-10-2012, 08:41 AM

Don't throw insults around just because you're embarrassed.

You don't know as much as you think you do about either history or the specific period if you've never heard of Thomas Paine. Rushing to Google to add in a reference to "Common Sense", as if it's something you knew once but might have forgotten, is not convincing to anyone.

Educate yourself, don't lash out.

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 08:44 AM
This escalated quickly..

eagleforlife1
10-10-2012, 08:46 AM

To be honest I know absolutely nothing about the Revolutionary War but even I have heard of Thomas Paine.

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 08:49 AM
To be honest I know absolutely nothing about the Revolutionary War but even I have heard of Thomas Paine.
What`s the Revolutionary war ?

xXRyzonXx
10-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Don't throw insults around just because you're embarrassed.

You don't know as much as you think you do about either history or the specific period if you've never heard of Thomas Paine. Rushing to Google to add in a reference to "Common Sense", as if it's something you knew once but might have forgotten, is not convincing to anyone.

Educate yourself, don't lash out.

Dude... It was something I knew but forgotten, I knew about "Common Sense" however i didn't know much about Thomas Paine, so when I thought about Common Sense is the one thing that clicked with him for me, I never called myself a historian, i just pointed out that I do know quite a bit about the period.

As to the "throw insults" I would think its more insulting to say "If you knew anything about the Revolutionary War you would know who he was"

I will even say this i recently did a presentation of the american revolution and i aced it, not trying to brag, just pointing out that i do know my share of the american revolution.

I didn't lash out against anyone, i simply pointed out that he was being kind of a **** by saying the above statement.
You are the one assuming that i instantly rushed to google.

Don't accuse people if you can't prove it.
I find that a little offensive, most people tend to take offense to that kinda thing.

D.I.D.
10-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Dude... It was something I knew but forgotten, I knew about "Common Sense" however i didn't know much about Thomas Paine, so when I thought about Common Sense is the one thing that clicked with him for me, I never called myself a historian, i just pointed out that I do know quite a bit about the period.

As to the "throw insults" I would think its more insulting to say "If you knew anything about the Revolutionary War you would know who he was"

I will even say this i recently did a presentation of the american revolution and i aced it, not trying to brag, just pointing out that i do know my share of the american revolution.

I didn't lash out against anyone, i simply pointed out that he was being kind of a **** by saying the above statement.
You are the one assuming that i instantly rushed to google.

Don't accuse people if you can't prove it.
I find that a little offensive, most people tend to take offense to that kinda thing.

I say again...

not convincing to anyone

It is completely unnecessary to use any kind of insult, especially given that what the person said was totally true. And yes, insults based around genitalia are more offensive than minor slights against your knowledge.

xXRyzonXx
10-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I say again...

It is completely unnecessary to use any kind of insult, especially given that what the person said was totally true. And yes, insults based around genitalia are more offensive than minor slights against your knowledge.

If you honestly believe saying someone is acting a like **** is an insult, then you are truly lost in your own mind, i don't need to convince anyone.
Saying that what the person said was "totally true" is an opinion, you are entitled to yours as am I to mine, don't try to take that away from people.
I see no more need in discussing this with you, as I don't believe you will listen, seeing as you ignored my previous points completely and repeated yourself.

End of discussion.

Locopells
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Guys...

NOLA_Assassin
10-10-2012, 03:15 PM
I've got to stop making threads :/

xXRyzonXx
10-10-2012, 05:22 PM

Sorry man, it wasn't your fault.

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Blame Egos..

xXRyzonXx
10-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Blame Egos..

Hey! I was saying the truth. :mad:

pacmanate
10-10-2012, 06:02 PM

And where did the truth get you?

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Is your name Egos ?

xXRyzonXx
10-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Is your name Egos ?

Yes it is! how did you know? santa ;)

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Yes it is! how did you know santa? ;)
Santa knows All

freddie_1897
10-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Santa knows All
yeah, well i'm the grinch, and i'm better than you because i can steal christmas.

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 06:32 PM
yeah, well i'm the grinch, and i'm better than you because i can steal christmas.
Kick his ***, Rudolf

freddie_1897
10-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Kick his ***, Rudolf
don't try it, i'm holding christmas hostage. you better give me all of your christmas cheer or i'll blow its ****ing brains out

xXRyzonXx
10-10-2012, 06:34 PM
don't try it, i'm holding christmas hostage. you better give me all of your christmas cheer or i'll blow its ****ing brains out

Hello, My name is Rudolf i will be your destruction this christmas.

MT4K
10-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh look, another thread that has flown off the tracks....

freddie_1897
10-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Hello, My name is Rudolf i will be your destruction this christmas.
i've already told you to back off! there won't be a christmas until you hand over that christmas cheer. the christmas cheer that you STOLE FROM ME

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Do what you gotta do, magic man

Locopells
10-10-2012, 07:48 PM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4765/blackdudetf8.jpg

Hagis21
10-10-2012, 10:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-bibDttnQE
this thread showed me the truth...

Locopells
10-10-2012, 11:12 PM

Wait a minute - did someone mention tracks?!

NOLA_Assassin
10-11-2012, 01:28 AM
So, does anyone know if T-Paine will be in the game or is it just Santa:p

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 01:30 AM
So, does anyone know if T-Paine will be in the game or is it just Santa:p
Just Santa..... for now;)

Seriously, though.. Im sure If Corey found something for him, a place in his story then I`m sure he`ll be there..

NOLA_Assassin
10-11-2012, 03:18 AM
Just Santa..... for now;)

Seriously, though.. Im sure If Corey found something for him, a place in his story then I`m sure he`ll be there..

But Turner said Alexander Hamilton wouldn't be in the game so I'm kind of worried:(

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 03:20 AM
But Turner said Alexander Hamilton wouldn't be in the game so I'm kind of worried:(
I didn't say Paine is in the game did I ? I just said maybe;)

NOLA_Assassin
10-11-2012, 10:46 AM
I didn't say Paine is in the game did I ? I just said maybe;)

I need answers!

RzaRecta357
10-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Ahh only read up to page 2. Couldn't handle that stinkbutt telling buddy he isn't convinced. Give me a break, kid.