PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Connor's Induction Into Assassin's [TIMELINE SPOILERS]

dewgel
10-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Incase you didn't read the title, this thread will contain a few spoilers regarding when Connor becomes an Assassin.

So, we all know he joins them in 1770. Now, recently I posted a theory in another topic about how I didn't think Connor actually became an Assassin until quite far in the game. I think my theory was about the Achievement "A Hero is Born - Complete Sequence 5"

Most people disagreed with me and thought that referred to something else and that he'd be Assassin'd up by Sequence 3.

However, recently at the EB Games Expo, there was a part where they had the screen paused (I unfortunately can't post this as I'm on a work computer, however I will post it on my twitter @dewgel )

The paused screen said, in the description for Sequence 6.. "Connor has been inducted into the Assassin Brotherhood. Now he must seek out the Templars and put an end to their plots"

So, that's 1773. I'm guessing that Sequence 5 is all about training Connor into the Assassins, in 1770. And Sequence 6 begins 3 years later, at the Tea Party, when he's now enlisted.

Thoughts? As promised, I've uploaded it to my Twitter (@dewgel) so pop on there to see the video. Credit goes to whoever managed to get a video of the EB Games Australia conference with Philippe and Francois, it's a good video.

Subject J80
10-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Sounds very logical to me. That's a good few sequences in before we don the robes. I wonder how much training Achilles will put Connor through....

Subject-22
10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
5 sequences of assassins training? ngggghh....

dewgel
10-08-2012, 12:31 PM
5 sequences of assassins training? ngggghh....

Probably 2 Sequences of Connor's Mohawk lifestyle, 2 sequences of Connor first meeting Achilles and going through his training.

Of course, just because he's inducted into the Brotherhood in 1770 / Sequence 6, doesn't necessarily mean he dons the outfit then. He could quite easily be given the outfit more or less after first meeting Achilles (as we saw in the trailer)

xXHyperMidgetXx
10-08-2012, 12:34 PM
^^^:True, as Ezio wasn't inducted into the Brotherhood until he retrieved the apple of eden, and he had been wearing the robes.

pacmanate
10-08-2012, 12:57 PM
This is a problem with the game I am worrying about. I don't want half the game to be before he is even in his robes :|

dewgel
10-08-2012, 01:36 PM
This is a problem with the game I am worrying about. I don't want half the game to be before he is even in his robes :|

Nah HyperMidget is probably right. As mentioned, Ezio wasn't even inducted nor did he actually know anything about the Assassins until Sequence 9 / 10 in ACII, despite being an Assassin throughout the game.

I'd say we probably don the hood around Sequence 3 / 4ish. I'd say Sequence 1 will be Connor as a child, Sequence 2 as a teenager and then meeting Achilles, then Sequence 3 is his first outing in the hood, doing random things around the Frontier.

pacmanate
10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Nah HyperMidget is probably right. As mentioned, Ezio wasn't even inducted nor did he actually know anything about the Assassins until Sequence 9 / 10 in ACII, despite being an Assassin throughout the game.

I'd say we probably don the hood around Sequence 3 / 4ish. I'd say Sequence 1 will be Connor as a child, Sequence 2 as a teenager and then meeting Achilles, then Sequence 3 is his first outing in the hood, doing random things around the Frontier.

Oh that is a very good point! I have a feeling sequence 1 will be him as a child and 2 as a teenager too :D

dewgel
10-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Oh that is a very good point! I have a feeling sequence 1 will be him as a child and 2 as a teenager too :D

I'm hoping so. Personally I thoroughly enjoy the scenes when they're younger. Although from what we have seen, I'm fairly sure we're going to have access to a range of weapons fairly early on.

We've seen the Hidden Blade bracers, Tomahawk and Bow 'n' Arrow on Teen Connor, so he's more or less equipped near the start.

pacmanate
10-08-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm hoping so. Personally I thoroughly enjoy the scenes when they're younger. Although from what we have seen, I'm fairly sure we're going to have access to a range of weapons fairly early on.

We've seen the Hidden Blade bracers, Tomahawk and Bow 'n' Arrow on Teen Connor, so he's more or less equipped near the start.

I like the younger ones (pedo? lol) too, but I am thinking replay value. I don't want to have 4 sequences of being a child if you catch my drift.

projectpat06
10-08-2012, 07:50 PM
I think they said about sequence 5 or 6 is when the world starts to become fully explorable where everything is fleshed out, and you can go do as you please so I believe you're right. "Heros are Born" is sequence 4 so I Imagine Connor trains with Achilles and first puts on the assassin's outfit then. Sequences 6 through 12 should probably take twice or maybe three times as long considering all the side content and actual historical events from the war. I also think we will see a bunch of desmond content at the beginning of the game while exploring the origins of Connor. Desmond has to have a really good reason for getting back into the animus and as of right now, he's trained and equipped to kick some ***. Obviously there is some kind of setback or tragedy (probably the templars' interception) that causes him to go search for another POE.

Edit: Plus, in AC2 we were restricted to Florence for the first part of the game and then Monteriggioni (tuscany too) for the first part of the game where Ezio became an assassin. We probably won't see Boston or New York until after Connor is an adult and a new Assassin. I imagine only parts of the frontier and the homestead (which will be huge) will be available for up until sequence 5. To me that's awesome because we, as players, get comfortable and train in the natural environments then actually feel like outsiders when we finally come to the cities.

there76
10-08-2012, 08:10 PM
We'll probably see Boston at the start.

DeSabellis
10-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Think about it from a marketing point of view, rather than a fan point of view.

This game is called Assassins Creed 3. New comers to the series are expecting to play as an Assassin, not a person dressed in cloths. That being said, they are going to have him in the robes pretty fast, but I doubt he will be fully inducted right away. A few have already mentioned it, that Ezio wasn't inducted right away either, but yet he went through 20 hours of gameplay before that happened. I'm sticking to my theory that since Sequence 1&2 are combined in the achievements, he will starting becoming an Assassin by sequence 3, either before or during.

Hawk Eye 2512
10-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Imagine free roaming as connor when he was a kid.

avk111
10-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Imagine free roaming as connor when he was a kid.

I hope so, anyway guys common I know we all want to play the whole assassins robes on blade out thing, but I still insist that from the journey of being a kid to actually wearing the robb / being inducted, it should be a long journey, have you guys not read any comic books or seen the latest movies? most characters come half accross the movie or story to realise their desttny and then the "Heroes shall rise" theme starts rolling, You may call it cliche but I call it strong developed storyline, we want to live with the character experience his sorrow experience his anguish to become the hero we see today on the game/comic cover. The Hero's mythology is not something new it was a Greek pholosophical concept to approach a plot line and look at how many fictional characters are born from it, I cant even begin counting. So developrs of Ubi if your reading this (I guess by this time its late the game is already developed) please let us be Connor and RISE. :P

projectpat06
10-09-2012, 04:46 PM
^^^ RISE? from the ashes of the fire? that will consume the new world until Justice is dealt? Yeah, these templars are screwed. I'm actually sticking with possibly towards the end of sequence 4, "Heros are born," is when he puts on the hood. Still think Boston and New York will be locked until the story progresses there after he puts on the hood.

pacmanate
10-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Agreed with the above. Hopefully we get skins of Connor as a kid and a teen though after game completion.

LoyalACFan
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM
I think they said about sequence 5 or 6 is when the world starts to become fully explorable where everything is fleshed out, and you can go do as you please so I believe you're right. "Heros are Born" is sequence 4 so I Imagine Connor trains with Achilles and first puts on the assassin's outfit then. Sequences 6 through 12 should probably take twice or maybe three times as long considering all the side content and actual historical events from the war. I also think we will see a bunch of desmond content at the beginning of the game while exploring the origins of Connor. Desmond has to have a really good reason for getting back into the animus and as of right now, he's trained and equipped to kick some ***. Obviously there is some kind of setback or tragedy (probably the templars' interception) that causes him to go search for another POE.

Edit: Plus, in AC2 we were restricted to Florence for the first part of the game and then Monteriggioni (tuscany too) for the first part of the game where Ezio became an assassin. We probably won't see Boston or New York until after Connor is an adult and a new Assassin. I imagine only parts of the frontier and the homestead (which will be huge) will be available for up until sequence 5. To me that's awesome because we, as players, get comfortable and train in the natural environments then actually feel like outsiders when we finally come to the cities.

I think Boston will be unlocked fairly early on, but New York probably won't be until Sequence 7 or so, much like Venice was in AC2. I've heard that we don't visit NY until after the fire, which took place in 1776, which is three years after the Boston Tea Party in Sequence 6.

GreatBeyonder
10-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Despite Ezio not becoming a proper Assassin until, 9, he had way more assassination targets by that point than any other AC games.

Pazzi Conspiracy: 8 (!)

Barbarigo Conspiracy: 4 + Dante Moro

Rodrigo Borgia: Round 1

That's 13 Assassination missions.

I'm sure AC3 will keep you pretty busy.

matheus_737
10-09-2012, 07:47 PM
personally i didn't like that news because I don't wanna play half game as child and teenager I want kill templars not training in many sequences. Like Ezio in AC2 only a few parts training with Mario and Paula nothing more. And even Ezio not oficially on the Order he fought against the templars like every Assassin do.

avk111
10-10-2012, 06:32 AM
personally i didn't like that news because I don't wanna play half game as child and teenager I want kill templars not training in many sequences. Like Ezio in AC2 only a few parts training with Mario and Paula nothing more. And even Ezio not oficially on the Order he fought against the templars like every Assassin do.

We want a masterpiece , read my previous post and you will understand :)