PDA

View Full Version : Outta Pure Curiousity.....

Rogue Agent 035
10-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Given the enormity of the upcoming single-player campaign in AC3, I was curious as to how many of you will be "Flying Through" the SP in order to get to the multiplayer? I realize that the MP component has become enormously popular since it's inception in ACB, an I'm sure given ACB an ACR had only 9 sequences but not much in the way of side content made flyin through it not much of a problem. I thought I'd pose the question to you die hard multiplayers if you intend on flyin through it er dialin it down a bit to thoroughly enjoy what they will have to offer.

Rogue Agent 035 :cool:

Legendz54
10-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Didnt play ACR multiplayer once.. Loved ACB multiplayer for some reason, might give AC3 multiplayer a try.. But i definitely wont be rushing to get to it.

Assassin_M
10-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Here ? You wont find anyone particularly rushing for the Multi here...

In the Multi-player section perhaps..

ignition11
10-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Brotherhood was the perfect MP experience for me... revelations, not so much... hopefully AC3 take it back to it's routes. Although, I am an all-around single player-type-of-person.

SixKeys
10-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Why would you need to rush through the SP campaign in order to get to the MP? I always play the SP campaign for the first few hours and then check out the MP.

ignition11
10-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Why would you need to rush through the SP campaign in order to get to the MP? I always play the SP campaign for the first few hours and then check out the MP.

Thats the same thing I do. They are stand-alone, and do not have to be played in any sequence.

GunnarGunderson
10-08-2012, 01:25 AM
I'll be flying through the SP just so I don't get the ending spoiled

Rogue Agent 035
10-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Well...., for example in the gawd awful FP platform style of the Desmond Journey section which was attached to the SP campaign there were cubes (not sure what they were actually called) that if you collected a certain amount, it gave you certain unlocks in multiplayer, an I'm sure the die hards were just rushin to get the upgrades (not sure...., just an observation given my wife is a die hard multiplayer in the AC universe).

maxerx180
10-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Well...., for example in the gawd awful FP platform style of the Desmond Journey section.

Thats your opinion. I actual liked them, and I 'm sure others did as well.

Evenesque
10-08-2012, 01:50 AM
The MP hasn't changed much from it's previous incarnations, so anyone who's that excited to play it won't need to play the single-player in order to just jump right in.

Free_Hidings
10-08-2012, 01:58 AM
I'm a die hard multiplayer fan and I have no intentions of rushing to the MP. I plan to take my time to get completely immersed in the single player and explore every inch of the world. Will check out the MP here and there in between, but at the end of the day, the single player brought me here, the multiplayer merely encourages me to stay.

Evenesque
10-08-2012, 02:00 AM
I'm a die hard multiplayer fan and I have no intentions of rushing to the MP. I plan to take my time to get completely immersed in the single player and explore every inch of the world. Will check out the MP here and there in between, but at the end of the day, the single player brought me here, the multiplayer merely encourages me to stay.

Which is weird because the Single-player invites me to hang around, and the open world keeps me there forever. S'why I still play RDR.

Rogue Agent 035
10-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Thats your opinion. I actual liked them, and I 'm sure others did as well.

True, an I prolly woulda enjoyed it more as well if I were more adapt to first person platform as that was.

MRsmith1994
10-08-2012, 02:27 AM
i'll take my time however i'll leave SP from time to time to enjoy some training grounds mode

Rogue Agent 035
10-08-2012, 03:10 AM
i'll take my time however i'll leave SP from time to time to enjoy some training grounds mode

Now I might do that as well, least to familiarize myself with the controls an the new combat mechanics. As runnin round aimlessly killin red coats seems useless (though it is more fun of a method), when I heard that Connor has the ability to knockout guards as opposed to killin them I figure I'll be attempting a ghost playthough (unless the mission requires killing of course).

Moultonborough
10-08-2012, 03:26 AM
Well...., for example in the gawd awful FP platform style of the Desmond Journey section which was attached to the SP campaign there were cubes (not sure what they were actually called) that if you collected a certain amount, it gave you certain unlocks in multiplayer, an I'm sure the die hards were just rushin to get the upgrades (not sure...., just an observation given my wife is a die hard multiplayer in the AC universe).

I loved "'Desmond's Journey" puzzles were odd I agree. But I like him telling his story leading right up to AC. The MP bonuses were not locked to the Animus Fragments. Certain memories were. Like for example: The first Altair memory. Which the result being having access to the "Crusader" MP character.

SixKeys
10-08-2012, 03:45 AM
The MP rewards from collecting the fragments in Desmond's Journey were tiny. They were nothing but emblems you could choose to put on your character. I doubt anyone was rushing through the SP story just for those.

Altair661
10-08-2012, 03:51 AM
wont touch MP Until i've beaten the game at least twice and gotten all the SP trophies. I want to do everything there is in this world, but still take my time so I can enjoy it!!!

Also, I loved ACB MP but not so hot into ACR MP either, loved Deathmatch mode or whatever it was called though

Rogue Agent 035
10-08-2012, 04:38 AM
I loved "'Desmond's Journey" puzzles were odd I agree. But I like him telling his story leading right up to AC. The MP bonuses were not locked to the Animus Fragments. Certain memories were. Like for example: The first Altair memory. Which the result being having access to the "Crusader" MP character.

True, I too enjoyed the backstory Desmond was tellin an it filled in a lotta blanks I had goin in from ACB regardin Lucy(I.E. the Lost Archieve DLC which I finished watchin on youtube). I just felt that it wouldn't have hurt to make tellin his backstory in a different fashion.

Rogue Agent 035
10-08-2012, 04:40 AM
I want to do everything there is in this world, but still take my time so I can enjoy it!!!

Well said, I fully agree an intend on doin the same exact thang :cool:

MRsmith1994
10-08-2012, 05:56 AM
Now I might do that as well, least to familiarize myself with the controls an the new combat mechanics. As runnin round aimlessly killin red coats seems useless (though it is more fun of a method), when I heard that Connor has the ability to knockout guards as opposed to killin them I figure I'll be attempting a ghost playthough (unless the mission requires killing of course).

yea i'll try to figure out some strategies while doing that might do a quick solo wolfpack game to study it and stuffs :B

Free_Hidings
10-08-2012, 06:15 AM
There seems to be very few people who enjoyed the Desmond Journeys. I thought they were fantastic. Great use of sound and visuals, combined with passive gameplay. Awesome and immersive.

I played Brotherhood for months before even discovering the multiplayer. I have spent maaanny hours overtime mucking around in single player, but the multiplayer easily triples the games replay value. The thing about Assassin's Creed is that it is amazing while you play, but once you have finished everything there is not a whole lot to do aside from killing more guards, climbing / jumping off things, or finding unique ways to kill (I figured out how to kill my assassin recruits :D )

With he Frontier and all this wildlife stuff I expect the SP replay value to be increased by a significant margin, but even then, the multiplayer simply has by it's design far more replay value. That of course depends on wether or not you enjoy the multiplayer though. For someone like myself who absolutely loves the single player, and really enjoys the multiplayer, I will spend more time on multiplayer.

BeCk41
10-08-2012, 08:01 AM
I jumped into the multiplayer and didn't play the single player first. I regretted doing this because there was certain stuff I had to get used to in the single player first. I'm going to take my time this playthrough and do the SP first not rushing to get anything yet, something I didn't do in the previous installments.

pacmanate
10-08-2012, 01:07 PM
I am going to prolong the experience as much as possible. Will probably spend most of my time chasing rats.