PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Liberation Podcast - Ask your questions here!

EscoBlades
10-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Hi all,

So next week, we'll be having an AC Podcast for Liberation featuring Amber Goldfarb (voice actress of Aveline in the game) and Richard Farrese (writer on the game). We'd like to put some fan questions to them during the show, so here's your chance to ask some.

We'll be recording next Tuesday 9th of October, so you have the weekend to get questions in this thread. I'll be going through it on Monday to compile the best ones for the show.

Please note that this thread is for podcast questions only. It will be moderated and watched over by a ComDev as well. Try and keep it on topic okay? :D Also, anything heading towards major spoiler territory won't be asked, mainly because none of the guests will be able to/ allowed to answer them. Bear that in mind.

Looking forward to seeing your questions.

FirestarLuva
10-05-2012, 11:24 PM
My question, will Aveline appear in AC3 since we already know Connor appears in AC:Liberation? :3

Jexx21
10-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Are Aveline's blowpipe and sugarcane machete, in a sense, replacements for Connor's Bow & Arrows and Tomahawk?

Does Aveline's hidden blade(s) pivot out into dagger mode like Connor's? If not, does her hidden blade have any special function?

What does Amber Goldfarb thing of the character's personality and motives (please leave out the standard "I think she's a strong, courageous female character, which is pretty awesome, getting strong female characters out there" response)?

What finalized the choice to ditch the hood? I thought being an Assassin is like a job, you put on your uniform when you go to work, and the hood was that uniform? Or is the actual uniform the beak/eagle motif?

Also, Aveline's sexy and she knows it.

ILikePie2575
10-06-2012, 01:40 AM
My question is I heard there is multiplayer in Liberation. First, is that true?
Secondly, will Liberation's multiplayer tie into AC3's multiplayer?
Lastly, will there be any exclusive modes on Liberation's multiplayer or anything exclusive at all?

longliveezio
10-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Hope I'm not too late/far in the thread.

Anyway my question is this:

"Are we going to be able to see any screenshots or any gameplay of the multiplayer version of this AC title at all? My main concern is that since this is on a relatively new console, I would like to see anything you all could provide/publish to the general public."

I seriously seriously seriously hope this question can be answered. Thanks for the opportunity! :)

GunnarGunderson
10-06-2012, 02:25 AM
What changes have been made to make AC a good handheld game?

banolan
10-06-2012, 02:49 AM
I would like to know what motivated Aveline to become an assassin?

Evenesque
10-06-2012, 03:06 AM
My question is for Amber:

How did you get into the character's head to make her feel authentic? Personal experience, or just a very adept sense of empathy? Was it fun?

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
10-06-2012, 03:18 AM
Pre order bonuses in the Psvita bundle? Or even in America? How is the multiplayer different from other Ac games? Does it contain an Abstergo backround? Was Writing the game as a propaganda tool for Abstergo difficult? Did it make it easier? How will they dress the Female Aveline in the Male Connor's Clothing? Different garbs, but are they customizeable? How does Liberations tie into the Templar Assassin conflict if at all? Are there any possibilities of a second game? Dlc?Are there plans for more AC Vita titles with new Protagonists or even expounding on the stories of Connor, Connors Mentor, Avelines Mentor, Altair's Father Ect.?

BATISTABUS
10-06-2012, 03:19 AM
When is Liberation coming to the 3DS? ;D

Altair661
10-06-2012, 03:19 AM
How long will the game be, and why haven't we seen many things on it? Also, how will Liberation and AC3 cross-over? If at all.

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 03:53 AM
You guys ask questions that were answered long ago..

EscoBlades
10-06-2012, 10:48 AM
You guys ask questions that were answered long ago..

You are welcome to ask your own you know....

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 10:53 AM
You are welcome to ask your own you know....
Its not that..

If they followed Liberation closely, they`d have answers to some of their questions...Just sayin`

Not trying to step on anyone`s choice of questions...

EscoBlades
10-06-2012, 11:11 AM
I totally understand :D

Hence why i pushed for this podcast to happen. This is an opportunity for discovery. Most of the focus here has been on AC3. Liberation drops on the same day and a lot of frequent fans here still don't know all that much about it. To be able to talk to the game's writer as well as the lead character's voice actress isn't something that comes along often.

So maybe this post can focus questions better. If no good ones come from here, so be it. There are other avenues i guess. A question from "M" himself would be nice though ;)

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 11:16 AM
I totally understand :D

Hence why i pushed for this podcast to happen. This is an opportunity for discovery. Most of the focus here has been on AC3. Liberation drops on the same day and a lot of frequent fans here still don't know all that much about it. To be able to talk to the game's writer as well as the lead character's voice actress isn't something that comes along often.

So maybe this post can focus questions better. If no good ones come from here, so be it. There are other avenues i guess. A question from "M" himself would be nice though ;)
Stop you:p You`re making me blush xD

Alright, So...

What elements of Open world does this game contain ? Like, What is there to make it feel like an Open, free world Game ?
What Differentiates Aveline from any other Female Protagonist ? how do they avoid Stereotypes, If they do at all ?
What reason do I have to buy a Vita just for this game ? Convince me:p

If I had to choose one of those, it`d be the last:rolleyes:

The community appreciates your work:D

nitres15
10-06-2012, 11:21 AM
why did you guys decide to ditch the hood ?

how much time will Connor and Aveline spend toghether ?

when will this podcast be uploaded ?

(i´ve noticed that you guys are on a podcast spree lately)

EscoBlades
10-06-2012, 11:23 AM
when will this podcast be uploaded ?

(i´ve noticed that you guys are on a podcast spree lately)

We aim to record on Tuesday. If i can edit it quickly enough, i'll upload it to my channel the following day (after some sleep, hehe)

And yes, we love our podcasts ;)

LightRey
10-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Are there any benefits content-wise to having AC Liberation on the PS Vita and ACIII on another console than the PS3, besides the use of Uplay of course?

eagleforlife1
10-06-2012, 12:17 PM
1. Will there be an Assassin hideout like in previous ACs or like the Homestead in AC3?
2. Is there a homestead like feature in AC3:L?
3. Can you expand on how the economic system works in AC3:L, I don't think we know anything about it yet?
4. What currency will be used?
5. I've heard that you can buy pocketwatches in game. Are these purely aesthetic purchases and are there other such items to collect?

ze_topazio
10-06-2012, 01:07 PM
When will a remastered version be released on the big consoles? :rolleyes:

pacmanate
10-06-2012, 01:37 PM
I would like to know how Amber got the role to play Aveline and if she knew about the franchise before.

If she did know about the franchise I would like to know her favourite AC game and why :D

MasterSimaYi
10-06-2012, 05:14 PM
I would like to know how Amber got the role to play Aveline and if she knew about the franchise before.

If she did know about the franchise I would like to know her favourite AC game and why :D

She voiced Cristina Vespucci in Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and also worked on Assassin's Creed: Revelations, so she knew about the franchise. ;)

Jonny_Alpha_SD
10-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked, I've been away a while
1. How long is Connors appearance in Liberation going to be for, i.e, just one mission or several
2. Will he bring his bow and tomahawk? this would be great!
3. Can he please please leave a bow and tomahawk for Aveline:cool:
4. Any chance of the option to repaly the game with Conor or even any plans for DLC or side mission packs playing as Connor on the Vita again all using bow and tomahawk?

Altair661
10-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Sorry if my questions have already been answered, but I have a VITA and Im really excited for AC3L and I've been trying to find stuff on it for a while and haven' done so well and the only gameplay I can find is short or someone recording some dude playing it at some Expo. This podcast sounds great just because we can get some solid info on the game finally.

BeCk41
10-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Q. Does Aveline tie into the previous Assassins Creed games in any way? Or is her story all her own?

* I would like to hear if she connects in any way to the previous games

eagleforlife1
10-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Will there be database entries?

Serrachio
10-07-2012, 10:55 PM
First of all, I'd like to get a multiplayer question off my mind:

I came across an image that seemingly included some of the multiplayer characters for Liberation, and I notice that they lacked variety. Do you have any plans to include more in the future?

Now, onto the singleplayer stuff:

Since Agate is the Mentor of the Lousianan Assassins, and Achilles is also a Mentor in America, how will this equate in the long term, or is that a question you can't answer?

EscoBlades
10-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi all, we had to postpone this slightly (for scheduling reasons). But it is still happening, so if you still have questions, continue to ask them here. I'll keep you updated on new plans as i get them. Thanks :D

nitres15
10-11-2012, 02:50 PM
were you ever afraid that the game wouldn´t sell well because the protagonist is black and female ? And not a handsome white dude with unlimited wrist strenght *caugh*nathan drake*caugh*

What do you think of having a minority as a main character ? do we need more of them (some variety wouldn´t hurt anyone, would it)?

im3jia
10-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Why is it coming out on the same day as AC3, wouldn't it have been better to release it earlier?

longliveezio
10-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Could you also talk about the geographical locations of the modern New Orleans era (like the French Quarter for instance) for inspiration of this Vita exclusive? In other words, can you tell us some of the places we will see in Liberation if we were to visit New Orleans today?

-Sincerely, A resident of New Orleans

Sidebar: Have any of your team members been to the one and only Café Du Monde?

CreamyBumCheeks
10-12-2012, 12:07 AM
What does Connor smell like?

Altair661
10-12-2012, 03:06 AM
Is the fact that the VITA is not selling well changed either your decision to make the game or not put as much money into it, because there's a good chance you can't make a profit. And will the success of Liberation (or the not-success) indicate how much Ubisoft will support the VITA from here on out? Not many people are, so I commend you.

GunnarGunderson
10-12-2012, 04:38 AM
So far I've seen Aveline use two types of poison, one that killed outright and another that made the victim attack his comrades. Just how many types of poison are there?

Evenesque
10-12-2012, 06:21 AM
So, they recorded on the 9th, I think it's safe to assume there's no reason for any more questions. Except this one.

When's it gonna be posted?

EscoBlades
10-12-2012, 07:25 AM
So, they recorded on the 9th, I think it's safe to assume there's no reason for any more questions. Except this one.

When's it gonna be posted?
Read the WHOLE thread.

longliveezio
10-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Read the WHOLE thread.

Haha. Good point. So can you share with us the possible date recording will take place for this HIGHLY ANTICIPATED PODCAST along with an estimate of when it will be on YouTube? (October 30th is coming quickly)

im3jia
10-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Was motion capture used in Liberation too like in ACIII?

eagleforlife1
10-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Haha. Good point. So can you share with us the possible date recording will take place for this HIGHLY ANTICIPATED PODCAST along with an estimate of when it will be on YouTube? (October 30th is coming quickly)

^This

Evenesque
10-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Read the WHOLE thread.

I did. Multiple times, on the 5th. You said we had the weekend to ask, it's well beyond that weekend. You were going through the questions on Monday to pick out the good ones.

Tell me, what's the point of asking more questions after you've picked the best ones already, and recorded the podcast?

EscoBlades
10-17-2012, 10:41 PM
I did. Multiple times, on the 5th. You said we had the weekend to ask, it's well beyond that weekend. You were going through the questions on Monday to pick out the good ones.

Tell me, what's the point of asking more questions after you've picked the best ones already, and recorded the podcast?

Posted without further comment:

Hi all, we had to postpone this slightly (for scheduling reasons). But it is still happening, so if you still have questions, continue to ask them here. I'll keep you updated on new plans as i get them. Thanks :D

For everyone else that asked, we are aiming to record on Monday the 22nd of October. The podcast should be up after that on Tuesday the 23rd once i've edited it. Will post a link to it here when done. Thanks for your patience.

longliveezio
10-22-2012, 02:55 PM
How exciting! Today is the 22nd! Have fun Esco. But don't have TOO MUCH fun. :P

RzaRecta357
10-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Yeah and if you still can Ask why she has a lip scar and Conner doesn't. Seems like an odd design choice.

EscoBlades
10-23-2012, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ68adV-CVs

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 02:37 AM
When is Liberation coming to the 3DS? ;D
Hopefully Never

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Game map size ? Any info ?

Jexx21
10-23-2012, 02:55 AM
I love the fact that one of my questions was asked first- loved the detail used to answer it too :)

Evenesque
10-23-2012, 06:39 AM
Bring me a pizza in zis verld or I vil send yu to ze next!

EscoBlades
10-23-2012, 09:51 AM

:D

eagleforlife1
10-23-2012, 10:17 AM

Good listen. Shame that some of my questions didn't get asked.

EscoBlades
10-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Good listen. Shame that some of my questions didn't get asked.
We had limited time with her, sorry about that

pacmanate
10-23-2012, 10:53 AM
We had limited time with her, sorry about that

ehehehe