PDA

View Full Version : Co Op in Assassin's Creed

Freewilddragon
10-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Do you think Ubisoft will ever make future AC games with Co-Op mode? I would love to play AC with some of my best friend via PSN rather than playing it by myself. I mean, you can recruit people in AC to help you with your missions so why not co-op with a real life friend of yours. I just don't understand why they don't do that. I don't mean split screen. I would never play split screen co-op.

PaCmAn0894
10-06-2012, 08:18 AM
i dont think so because you playing as connor and your friend cant play with the same character so its complicated and there is no Co-Op mode so im pretty sure about this.

sticks165
10-06-2012, 09:08 AM
there's a co op mode in multiplayer

l Khasim l
10-06-2012, 09:52 AM
I would very much like that, they could make it similar to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Double Agent (original Xbox version) co-op modes, where you would play as two characters that are not important in the main plotline, but still referred to in it. I remember in SCCT singleplayer you had an objective to interrogate a dude for the 2 spies that are controlled in the co-op modes, and when you played co-op you heard Sam interrogate the guy while you played.

Ubisoft definitely CAN do it, and it would work very well in the AC universe. Imagine the co-op goodness with one of you provoking guards and dragging them away so that you can infiltrate a building and open a window for your friend, and then you do a mission inside, possibly with some co-op parkour moves like in SC:CT where one player could boost the second and then climb on his back. That would, however, require lots of additional work, and Ubi is probably saving that for later installments. They won't implement ALL of their ideas into every game as soon as possible, because it's not profitable - at a point they would run out of ideas and every numbered AC game would bring as little to the franchise as Revelations did (gameplay-wise), and the franchise would either die or lose a lot of fans.

Let's be honest, AC is THE biggest franchise Ubisoft has, they will not abandon it unless they absolutely have to. Just like we will see a lot of new Call of Duty and Battlefield games, we will see more AC games, from a strictly business point of view, there is hardly another option, unless Ubi pumps out a new franchise that becomes even better than AC, like AC surpassed Prince of Persia (AC1 sold more than all the PoP games combined if I remember correctly). So, it is logical that they are trying to keep a balance between bringing new stuff to the franchise and not running out of ideas.

projectpat06
10-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Seeing that that Connor's and Aveline's timelines just about match up, they could do a co-op feature (split screen or online) in the story for AC: Liberty (Revolution sounds too much like Revelation) during the French Revolution for next year's game. You could allow players to engage in two separate Single player stories or have them intertwined switching back and forth. The missions where both characters are present can be co-op or have the other character as an A.I. Of course you can also be able to free roam in CO-op as well giving tons of replay value.

Just a thought