PDA

View Full Version : [Necropolis] Nergal OTK

Le.Rancord
10-05-2012, 07:47 PM
You can shift around the tutors and recalls. Goal of this deck, is to bore ure enemy out of hell. You stall till u get to around 8 ressources (5 Magic, 3 Destiny at least). Then you gonna play Stone Shield+Bell in one turn, wich empties the board at the beginning of your turn. Then you use wasteland to prevent any unit hitting the ground while drawing cards. U win with a turn, where u use crystal caverns to give u around 22 ressources (u need more if u wanna use something else than win condition in that turn as well), then u drop as many units as u can, and use timesjump to attack with all them. You need a 2nd timejump (end turn before playing 2nd one) to finish, unless u have 20 damage on the field, with all full and both assassins.

Have fun if you got the cards for it and wanna try something else.

Hero (1):
Nergal, Lord of Pestilence

Events (5):
4x Week of Knowledge
1x Celebrations

Allies (10):
4x Ravenous Ghoul
4x Neophyte Lich
2x Dark Asassin

Spells (13):
4x Insect Swarm
4x Stone Shield
2x For whom the Bell tolls
3x Time Jump

Fortunes (28):
2x Asha uses All
1x Shantiri Ruins
4x Altar of Shadows
2x Arcane Academy
2x Observatory
4x Campfire
4x Stone of Enlightenment
4x Crystal Cavern
4x Wasteland

nordentipwel
10-05-2012, 10:24 PM
My anoying detector is peaking at the top right now, haha.
Nice deck.

manytrees2
10-07-2012, 12:16 AM
I like the idea but i think its very vulnerable to some specific cards.

A dispel magic can destroy a stone shield and the bell oO. That can be pretty much game for this deck.
A twist of fate can let you drop the nessesary time jump or a bell.
And week of taxes completly ruins your card drawing momentum in getting enough cards to stall further on.

Le.Rancord
10-07-2012, 12:28 AM
week of taxes and mana storm are not that bad(allthough the double week of taxes are a pain).
Garants purge and chaos rift are clear winners against the deck. Twist of fate is not good but not bad either depending on situation.
Dispel depends on the situation if it annoys me or not, but its certainly good against it.

But u know what the top20 is playing atm. :) Of course I need to switch up pretty fast, if ppl start packing in answers.

manytrees2
10-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Y, and its cruel that i can't put the answers into my deck myself at the moment ... because you know what the top20 is playing atm ;).

My deck would be to weak against the current meta if i would papck in some counter cards -.-.

SenseiKoudai
10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Decks like these are killing the fun in the game... thank you very much -.-

besiana1
10-20-2012, 07:58 PM
i agree, this game start to be annoying because of that...
sad but true...

krelian
10-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Every card game has is mostre strong type deck at every expanion, the importat thing is that must exist a counter deck. If you are starting to match too many otk, try to build an inferno discard deck and you will probably win most of the game. At the moment for me i encounter the same amount of prison and otk deck, but for the large majority I still encounter creature decks.

Btw I like the idea, but I'll try to put in some spell twister to steal stoneshields from others otk :P

Le.Rancord
10-20-2012, 11:13 PM
I dont see a reason for stealing spellshields. After all all u need is prisons to have freewin. Dispel is quit good against my OTK, but pretty bad against Orc Control. Garant's Purge is autowin against my deck if u know what to take.

Pjovejas
10-22-2012, 06:49 AM
What is Garant's Purge?

P.S. IMHO the worst thing is no limit for hand size. That makes OTK too powerfull. If that limit would be for example 10 cards, then... And the whole idea of saying "use counter cards" isn't hmmm... "true to the end". Because I imagine that in the long run this threats to become only 2 archetypes valid: OTK and counterOTK. And only two archetypes are death of fun in game. I remember in MtG there was one set when there was ONE deck "too rule them all" (anybody remember rafinity? :)) The situation was as I described above: either you play rafinity, either antirafinity. Other choices were just "cannon meat". The dev's of MtG finaly were forced to make hard decision right before world championship: to ban some esential cards of rafinity (and they were basicaly commons :))

Doontpanic
10-22-2012, 01:11 PM
What is Garant's Purge?

P.S. IMHO the worst thing is no limit for hand size. That makes OTK too powerfull. If that limit would be for example 10 cards, then... And the whole idea of saying "use counter cards" isn't hmmm... "true to the end". Because I imagine that in the long run this threats to become only 2 archetypes valid: OTK and counterOTK. And only two archetypes are death of fun in game. I remember in MtG there was one set when there was ONE deck "too rule them all" (anybody remember rafinity? :)) The situation was as I described above: either you play rafinity, either antirafinity. Other choices were just "cannon meat". The dev's of MtG finaly were forced to make hard decision right before world championship: to ban some esential cards of rafinity (and they were basicaly commons :))

Well,that's the meta.When Anti OTK will be everywhere,people will start stopping to play OTK.Than there will be counters to the Anti OTK and so on...
The problem is when there isn't any serious counter to a certain archetype.I don't know very well how the situation is in this game actually,i just know that when i draw my Purge with my inferno semi-rush i win against OTK.When i don't draw it,i lose.
I could add some other card to face OTK (dispel) but then i'll drop my win rate against normal deck.And 'till now i don't match many OTKs.

p.s. Garan'ts Purge: SEARCH OPPONENT'S LIBRARY FOR A CARD.THAT CARD AND ALL COPIES OF IT IN OPPONENT'S LIBRARY OR HAND ARE PUT INTO THE GRAVEYARD.SHUFFLE OPPONEN'TS LIBRARY.

Penas2011
10-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Can you please translate the terms, OTK and ELO? please...

Doontpanic
10-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Can you please translate the terms, OTK and ELO? please...

OTK stands for One Time Kill.It's a deck type who controls game until it can kill opponent in one single turn (usually with pumped Paos or Kat's Grand Finale+Cyclop)

ELO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
It comes from chess and it is a system to match opponents with similar skills.

Le.Rancord
10-22-2012, 07:04 PM
You dont need anti OTK deck, u need 2-3 cards against OTK in deck and thats it. OTK is a big risk, u risk loosing to some tough luck, u risk loosing to certain cards.

But you will probably win alot against ppl, who just dont use 3 slots on card against OTK, cause they rather takes the gamble, and against ppl who dunno how to use them or never draw those cards.

Pjovejas
10-23-2012, 05:58 AM
... or never draw those cards.

sigh... :D

Le.Rancord
10-23-2012, 07:05 AM
If you want chain win streaks, OTK is not the way to go :)