PDA

View Full Version : Wii U version : Playable on the gamepad screen without a TV ?

insanerob
10-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi , Does anyone know if the Wii U version will be playable on the gamepad screen without a TV ? I really want AC3 but the reason I'm getting a Wii U is so I'm not tied to a TV and stuck in a separate room to the rest of my family. Sure, when I get chance I'll want to put it on the TV and use all the cool maps etc. on the gamepad but there will be times when someone else is using the TV.

I know I've asked this before on another Wii U thread so apologies for repeating this but I really need to know ; I've got the game on pre-order with my Wii .

Thanks

rOb

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 09:10 AM
I am wondering this myself. I hope that they state it soon.

insanerob
10-05-2012, 03:19 PM
anyone any idea ?

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Someone help.

Eskaminzim
10-05-2012, 08:21 PM
OK. So it seems this is a console function, not a game function. So basically it's something the Wii U automatically has, not something game developers have to add themselves. So it should have this option available. Hope that helps! My source is wikipedia, BTW. On there it says the game pad has that function, not a specific game. I don't know why this ability isn't advertised more! It's actually ONE of the main reasons I'm considering buying a Wii U! lol

RzaRecta357
10-05-2012, 09:58 PM
I seriously doubt it.

It would either need some serious good wireless tech in there or the controller would have just as much graphical power as the console itself. Pretty positive the controller will just have a map or assassin management or something in the controller.

insanerob
10-05-2012, 11:26 PM
GameZone has an article titled 'Not all Wii U games support gamepad-only play'
In the article they state devs have to implement it, they also state that AC3 does not.

I can't find any other articles from reliable sources to back this up :S

rOb

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Well guess AC3 doesn't then. It makes sense tbf, it would require a lot of power to have all that going on on that small

Eskaminzim
10-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Why the hell can Mass Effect 3 handle but not AC3?! Well, no Wii U for me.

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 02:22 AM
Why the hell can Mass Effect 3 handle but not AC3?! Well, no Wii U for me.
AC III is a much MUCH bigger game..

Eskaminzim
10-06-2012, 05:25 AM
AC III is a much MUCH bigger game..

ME3 is a 50+ hour RPG that took up 2 discs for the 360. I find it hard to believe AC3 is that much bigger, IMO.

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 05:33 AM
ME3 is a 50+ hour RPG that took up 2 discs for the 360. I find it hard to believe AC3 is that much bigger, IMO.

Just the world of Assassins Creed can make it that much larger...

But I`m the one to have the burden of proof (and I cant even give you that), because AC III is not released yet, so there is no way for me to know how much bigger it is...

So Lets just put this argument on hold until the game comes out..

Black_Widow9
10-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi , Does anyone know if the Wii U version will be playable on the gamepad screen without a TV ? I really want AC3 but the reason I'm getting a Wii U is so I'm not tied to a TV and stuck in a separate room to the rest of my family. Sure, when I get chance I'll want to put it on the TV and use all the cool maps etc. on the gamepad but there will be times when someone else is using the TV.

I know I've asked this before on another Wii U thread so apologies for repeating this but I really need to know ; I've got the game on pre-order with my Wii .

Thanks

rOb
Hello,
We don't have too many details out yet about the WiiU version but as soon as we do we will let you know. ;)

Eskaminzim
10-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Just the world of Assassins Creed can make it that much larger...

But I`m the one to have the burden of proof (and I cant even give you that), because AC III is not released yet, so there is no way for me to know how much bigger it is...

So Lets just put this argument on hold until the game comes out..

I agree. :)

insanerob
10-08-2012, 09:02 AM

connor_bg
10-08-2012, 11:57 AM
ACB had about 45 hours of a gameplay for 100% completion, the game was on one disc, and was in development, i believe, one year. ME3 is something like 2 years, so if you put ACR's 20 hours of gameplay as an addition with its 1 year=2 years for both ACR and ACB, so pretty much AC's 65 hours> ME3's 50 hours.

insanerob
10-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Any more news on this one ?

Thanks , rOb

Mr_Shade
10-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Nothing so far - as soon as there are WiiU specific details - they will be posted on the official sites and here.

TheAquila
10-19-2012, 11:18 AM
ACB had about 45 hours of a gameplay for 100% completion, the game was on one disc, and was in development, i believe, one year. ME3 is something like 2 years, so if you put ACR's 20 hours of gameplay as an addition with its 1 year=2 years for both ACR and ACB, so pretty much AC's 65 hours> ME3's 50 hours.

The games are never in developement for just one year. They're just realeased in that sequence.

LightRey
10-19-2012, 12:29 PM
I'd just get a second TV. Wouldn't surprise me if that were cheaper too.

insanerob
10-19-2012, 12:48 PM
I'd just get a second TV. Wouldn't surprise me if that were cheaper too.

Although by the time I've run an HDMI cable and power to every room in the house , and the garden ; and installed an 8 port HDMI switch, then bought the TV I'm sure it wouldn't be ;)

rOb

deskp
10-19-2012, 03:57 PM
How big the game is doesent matter, it would just be a video feed going to the tablet/controller screen wirelessly instead of it going to the tv through a cable.

If one game is capable of of doing it they all are (when implemented obviously) I imagien the screen resolution of the controller is far smaller than the normal tv?

insanerob
11-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Any news on this ... can anyone with the WiiU version confirm if off-TV play is supported ?

Thanks Rob

Maurice_Wijma
11-21-2012, 03:56 PM
The developers already have said that it will not be playable on the controlers. The screen on the controlers serve as a map and quick weapon changer menu.

But if this function is working, I wouldn't even liked it. It is just not my thing. But it is a nice development, so I sure would like to know the facts from the users.

insanerob
11-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks Thorn. Guess I'll have to wait to see if they release a patch to enable it before I buy it. It is a pity though, this was going to be one of my day 1 purchases with my WiiU :(

rOb

insanerob
11-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Good news - Seems you can play AC3 on the wii u controller without a TV :) I'll be picking this up on Firday now ... weird that Ubi don't seem to be advertising the fact :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2184lOBueQ jump to 13:07

rOb