PDA

View Full Version : Official Connor Story Trailer

pacmanate
10-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Holy MOTHER OF GOD. SPOILERS! SOMEONE SPOILER THIS THING. THIS THING SPOILERS A LOT OF THINGS. AND ITS OFFICIAL WTF??!!?!?!? NOT SHOWING STUFF FROM THE FIRST 2 HOURS OF THE GAME MY BOOTY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph9jn5kRo9k&feature=youtu.be&a

That was such an epic trailer!

POP1Fan
10-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Epic. I guess the old guy was Kenway?

pacmanate
10-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Epic. I guess the old guy was Kenway?

The old guy is Achilles, his mentor.

Layytez
10-04-2012, 05:23 PM
That was...amazing..his passion...his determination...his struggle...purely amazing.

MRNMRSPACER
10-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Holy MOTHER OF GOD. SPOILERS! SOMEONE SPOILER THIS THING. THIS THING SPOILERS A LOT OF THINGS. AND ITS OFFICIAL WTF??!!?!?!? NOT SHOWING STUFF FROM THE FIRST 2 HOURS OF THE GAME MY BOOTY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph9jn5kRo9k&feature=youtu.be&a

That was such an epic trailer!
yeah i know the spoilers ticked me off.....oh well...still epic trailer

ProletariatPleb
10-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Awesome trailer ._. oh and the music

lonewarrior30
10-04-2012, 05:27 PM
best...birthday present...EVER I LOVE YOU UBI <3

DavidPage
10-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah happy birthday Lone! Epic trailer and we see how Connor finds Aquila! Achilles seems so badass...

DavidPage
10-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Also when the **** are we gonna hear those frickin soundtrack samples?!? This trailer has the most epic, wow, dramatic, awesome piece from ACIII yet!!

DavidPage
10-04-2012, 05:37 PM
And finally, wouldn't it be cool if they make a Desmond story trailer, like an intro to the game? Like in real time the couple of minutes between the end of ACR and the beginning of ACIII, while he narrates what has happened until now and then we get a glimpse (a nanosecondlike glimpse) of something awesome like Daniel? Because it would be kinda weird if he's telling the whole story until now, while he's walking to the temple, as in the previous games it was while doing something stationary of sorts (looking at the wall paintings by 16, being in the van while in Animus, being unconcious while 16 narrates)

dex3108BL
10-04-2012, 05:40 PM
I must say Lorne did amazing job. At 1:55 with native vocals soundtrack is simply amazing.

Jexx21
10-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Should I not watch it? I want to avoid spoilers. How spoilery are the spoilers?

Layytez
10-04-2012, 06:17 PM

These may or may not be spoilerish but ill leave it to your imagination.

You see fire.
You see the introduction of something.
You see stages of growth.
You hear emotion and conflict.

MRNMRSPACER
10-04-2012, 06:22 PM
if u dont want to know anything on why he becomes a assassin best to avoid

Jexx21
10-04-2012, 06:27 PM
I already know why he becomes an Assassin. His village is burned down, his mother is murdered, and he wants to fight against injustice.

ProletariatPleb
10-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I already know why he becomes an Assassin. His village is burned down, his mother is murdered, and he wants to fight against injustice.
Yeah, so you should watch the trailer since you already know about that.

De Filosoof
10-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Goosebumps....

Btw, the part at 1:42 looks amazing! That isn't the frontier, is it?

Jexx21
10-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Hmm.. Rising seems to be a popular theme these days. Bruce had to Rise, and now Connor needs to Rise.

Jexx21
10-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Why is the RISE theme only present in the UK videos? Seems like it would be better applied to the NA videos..

tarrero
10-04-2012, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI-OKx4GB5Y

AC is back!!!!!!!!

De Filosoof
10-04-2012, 06:52 PM
AC is back!!!!!!!!

Indeed !!! This trailer was just what i needed :). Really can't wait now!

Connor will be amazing!

Jexx21
10-04-2012, 06:58 PM
North American version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oYtCAsqQ2g

It's edited, specifically taking out the killing of the colonial soldiers.

I like the UK version more, and I come from the US. >.<

De Filosoof
10-04-2012, 07:00 PM
North American version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oYtCAsqQ2g

It's edited, specifically taking out the killing of the colonial soldiers.

LOL. seriously?! :nonchalance: WTF....

Jexx21
10-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Ah, it also cuts out a large part of the homestead scene, and also takes out the line of the road not always taking him where he wants to. Instead Connor says that he finds comfort in knowing that he doesn't fight alone, as he walks up to Washington.

It removes a lot, but also adds a line or two. I wonder if these lines are specifically for the trailer or if they are going to be in-game.

MRNMRSPACER
10-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Ah, it also cuts out a large part of the homestead scene, and also takes out the line of the road not always taking him where he wants to. Instead Connor says that he finds comfort in knowing that he doesn't fight alone, as he walks up to Washington.

It removes a lot, but also adds a line or two. I wonder if these lines are specifically for the trailer or if they are going to be in-game.
i wonder about the lines also....wonder why there are 2 diffrent trailers....i prefer the UK one...

eagleforlife1
10-04-2012, 08:13 PM
i wonder about the lines also....wonder why there are 2 diffrent trailers....i prefer the UK one...

Definitely...much better.

WhySoSeriosKal
10-05-2012, 01:17 AM
best...birthday present...EVER I LOVE YOU UBI <3

Happy Birthday. :)

WSSK

Pragzor
10-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Best AC3 trailer.

rileypoole1234
10-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Awesome trailer. I'm glad Ubi is focusing on Connor now, not the war.

They said we haven't seen anything from the first two hours yet, which we have now. They never said they were never going to show us anything from the first two hours.

Altair661
10-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Holy trailer.... I need this game now. 26 days is too much!!!! This trailer is so freakin epic. Seems like Ubisoft finally got everything right when it came to trailers and marketing for AC3. No more dubstep!...this is awesome, I really feel like this game is bringing the franchise I've loved since the beginning to an epic conclusion (AC1-3). I didn't feel that before, but now that it's getting closer I cannot wait.

kriegerdesgottes
10-05-2012, 01:34 AM
This is now my new favorite ACIII trailer. This one is awesome.

kalo.yanis
10-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Now this is how you make an AC trailer! Definitely AC3's best!

roostersrule2
10-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Should I watch it or is it to spoilerish?

Toa TAK
10-05-2012, 02:21 AM

Just watch it.

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 02:24 AM
It shows some early scenes from Connor`s childhood..

If you`v been following everything else, nothing should be considered spoilers apart from some dialogue..

masterfenix2009
10-05-2012, 02:32 AM
I wonder how they will top this with the Launch Trailer...

Evenesque
10-05-2012, 02:39 AM
This trailer was worth the spoilers. So well done.

IrishMason33
10-05-2012, 02:55 AM
Man in trailer talking to Connor: "Even those men you sought to save have turn their backs on you...yet you fight...you resist...why"?
Connor. "Because no one else will"!

Epic!
sounds like a Dark Knight Rises moment!
DESHI BASARA!
Why did ubisoft edit the american trailer... it was not offensive at all.

MRNMRSPACER
10-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Man in trailer talking to Connor: "Even those men you sought to save have turn their backs on you...yet you fight...you resist...why"?
Connor. "Because no one else will"!

Epic!
sounds like a Dark Knight Rises moment!
DESHI BASARA!
my thoughts exactly

monster_rambo
10-05-2012, 03:02 AM
I don't know about you guys but I've spotted me crocodile at 1:44. Crocodile hunting time!!

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 03:03 AM
I don't know about you guys but I've spotted me crocodile at 1:44. Crocodile hunting time!!
It does not move :|

Its probably a statue..

monster_rambo
10-05-2012, 03:06 AM
It does not move :|

Its probably a statue..

I have notice that but there could be crocodiles in the game.

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 03:07 AM
The statue doesn't mean anything, though..

If you`re saying "Maybe" because of a statue, well..

kriegerdesgottes
10-05-2012, 03:09 AM

I don't believe that crocodiles live anywhere in the original 13 colonies except maybe Georgia. I am almost positive there are none in Boston or NY.

monster_rambo
10-05-2012, 03:11 AM
The statue doesn't mean anything, though..

If you`re saying "Maybe" because of a statue, well..

I know that it doesn't prove anything but this doesn't mean one couldn't speculate about possibilities. I have also noticed Connor limping at the end of the trailer. It looks cool and adds to the whole realism to the game.

Kaschra
10-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Man, that was one freaking awesome trailer. I can't stop watching it *__*
I think it's the best one so far. And that soundtrack is AMAZING. Holy crap.

Assassin_M
I know that it doesn't prove anything but this doesn't mean one couldn't speculate about possibilities. I have also noticed Connor limping at the end of the trailer. It looks cool and adds to the whole realism to the game.
Alright.. Lemme end the Speculation :p

There were no Crocodiles in that region during that time, Like Kinder said..

And Yes, I wonder why he`s limping... Is it scripted ? Or is it there when He`s low on health ?

monster_rambo
I don't believe that crocodiles live anywhere in the original 13 colonies except maybe Georgia. I am almost positive there are none in Boston or NY.

I believe crocodiles and alligators live somewhere south near the everglades. Tropical regions.

kriegerdesgottes
10-05-2012, 03:14 AM
I believe crocodiles and alligators live somewhere south near the everglades. Tropical regions.

Maybe South Carolina? I don't think they are even in Virginia. I know they are in Georgia territory but the game doesn't take place anywhere near that far south as far as we know anyway although I suspect that Charlestown will end up in the game.

monster_rambo
10-05-2012, 03:17 AM

And Yes, I wonder why he`s limping... Is it scripted ? Or is it there when He`s low on health ?

I cannot say for sure. Recalling from memory, I remember from AC3: Origins 2, they said they emphasized on Connor's expressions during in-game fight sequences. It is also possible that they made Connor to limp or appears to be tire when he is low on health. All I know is that when he is low on health, the screen sort of goes glitchy and red like in AC1.

there76
10-05-2012, 03:18 AM
Here is a map where alligators have been historically

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Rangemapx.gif

kriegerdesgottes
10-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Here is a map where alligators have been historically

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Rangemapx.gif

Yeah so nowhere near where the game takes place (In the cities we know of). However if I am right and Charlestown/Charleston ends up in the game then it's possible.

xXHyperMidgetXx
10-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Why is Connor's hood down while fighting the colonists? Is it scripted? Or an actual cinematic? Or are they on the homestead grounds?

IrishMason33
10-05-2012, 03:23 AM
It was probably from Georgia because it was one of the 13 colonies back then.

monster_rambo
10-05-2012, 03:24 AM
(SPOILERS)

The scene looks like it is 99.9% certain that it is statue. I heard Aveline will make an appearence in AC3. It is possible that Connor travels down south to New Orleans at some point in the game.

kriegerdesgottes
10-05-2012, 03:25 AM
It was probably from Georgia because it was one of the 13 colonies back then.

So were North and South Carolina

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 03:25 AM
Its Aveline that comes to NY to meet Connor...

The scene looks like it is 99.9% certain that it is statue. I heard Aveline will make an appearence in AC3. It is possible that Connor travels down south to New Orleans at some point in the game.
!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS !!!!!!!!! highlight to see

berserker134
10-05-2012, 03:47 AM
I dont know what to say..... just .....WOW... this looks next gen alright also when he opens his eyes the color and the graphics are amazing !!!! just dont put any more info UBISOFT We R 4 weeks away

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
10-05-2012, 03:58 AM
The old guy is Achilles, his mentor.

And did you see in the trailer how Connor looks at and touches his future robes when walking with Achilles? I wonder if his robes are actually Achilles's robes....

there76
10-05-2012, 04:05 AM
I also like how timid Connor is when he is a teen.

kudos17
10-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Okay, this is screwed. That trailer in the OP is fantastic. The US-edited version? Much less so. The dialogue and scenes are cut to make it look like the Americans are the good-guys again, there isn't much showing of the Natives being harassed, and the whole thing feels more rushed.

Ubisoft marketing team, what are you doing... just leave the great trailers as they are, us Americans do not want it changed...

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Okay, this is screwed. That trailer in the OP is fantastic. The US-edited version? Much less so. The dialogue and scenes are cut to make it look like the Americans are the good-guys again, there isn't much showing of the Natives being harassed, and the whole thing feels more rushed.

Ubisoft marketing team, what are you doing... just leave the great trailers as they are, us Americans do not want it changed...
SOME of you Americans Butt-hurt on the Washington DLC, mate...

Imagine.... Seeing Patriots dying...

Moultonborough
10-05-2012, 04:28 AM
While I think you have a point I believe there is another reason. If in the unlikely decision they try to put this on TV the FCC might have a slight issue with it. There are some worse ones but the use of that amount of blood might annoy them. But, if Ubisoft keeps it just online the FCC has no control over us. Like I said I very much doubt it will end up on TV but they are being cautious. Last, even though it PEGI doesn't care too much websites (both official and sites like Gamestop, IGN etc follow ESRB rules. Usually, they age lock it. But, this is just my thoughts on the matter.

berserker134
10-05-2012, 05:18 AM
(SPOILERS)

no in a recent inter view they said that when yhuu have had migrated the two games( AC3 and AC3:L in a certain mission in both games aveline will go to new york and do a mission with her and if yhuu play it in the vita it will also give yhuu the option to play as connor in that mission only

berserker134
10-05-2012, 05:21 AM

we have M just see the anvilnext trailer or even in this one -.-*

ARandomKid
10-05-2012, 05:57 AM
So I've put something probably spoilery for text in the picture with regards to young Connor, so I'd be at least cautious if you weren't paying close attention during the trailer.

http://i48.tinypic.com/e2b76.png

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 06:01 AM
we have M just see the anvilnext trailer or even in this one -.-*
I know..

They edited the north American Story trailer to delete the killing of Patriots..

ARandomKid
10-05-2012, 06:04 AM
I know..

They edited the north American Story trailer to delete the killing of Patriots..

They missed one right after the whole "Welcome to the Assassins!" bit.

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 06:07 AM
They missed one right after the whole "Welcome to the Assassins!" bit.
Yup, I was referring to the DOZENS at the end..

I was like "Wow... The number of Bodies, I wonder how people will react to this" but then I find another Version for NA that has all of this deleted..

ARandomKid
10-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Yup, I was referring to the DOZENS at the end..

I was like "Wow... The number of Bodies, I wonder how people will react to this" but then I find another Version for NA that has all of this deleted..

Yeah, I didn't like that part being taken out either. And the line changes, though those were at least acceptable (if pointless extra work)

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Yeah, I didn't like that part being taken out either. And the line changes, though those were at least acceptable (if pointless extra work)
To be honest... I don't blame them..Did you see the facebook page of Assassins Creed ? The Washington DLC Pic is being attacked, because it shows him as Evil.. Can you believe this.

People calling the makers of the DLC to the Sword, calling the Artwork of King George Washington offensive, Disgusting, outrageous... Its Hilariously Ironic

roostersrule2
10-05-2012, 06:16 AM
I convinced myself to watch it and I'm glad I did, it was amazing and so too was the soundtrack.

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 06:19 AM
I convinced myself to watch it and I'm glad I did, it was amazing and so too was the soundtrack.
The best part was the soundtrack...

Bloody Awesome

anik_lc
10-05-2012, 07:04 AM
The most amazing trailer so far. Goosebumps. I am ready. 46 days still for me.

Legendz54
10-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Just got back from the eb games expo, It was AWESOME, we saw wilderness, boston, fort and naval gameplay..

Things new:You can grind your boat against others to damage them.

We encountered a bear in the wilderness, it was drinking from a creek, as we snuck up it heard Connor and it turned around in suspicion, Connor then stood up, as soon as the bear saw him it roared and charged, while the bear charged Connor managed to get 1 arrow into it, but it kept coming, It almost kills Connor and it takes 3 stabs to kill it.

You can choose when hiding behind objects to subdue your enemies with tomohawk, rope or unarmed.

After Connor dispatches all enemies in the fort he takes down the british flag and hangs up the american one, probably ordered by washington.

I filmed it too if anyone wants to see it.

zainzombie
10-05-2012, 07:38 AM
That was awesome!

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Just got back from the eb games expo, It was AWESOME, we saw wilderness, boston, fort and naval gameplay..

Things new:You can grind your boat against others to damage them.

We encountered a bear in the wilderness, it was drinking from a creek, as we snuck up it heard Connor and it turned around in suspicion, Connor then stood up, as soon as the bear saw him it roared and charged, while the bear charged Connor managed to get 1 arrow into it, but it kept coming, It almost kills Connor and it takes 3 stabs to kill it.

You can choose when hiding behind objects to subdue your enemies with tomohawk, rope or unarmed.

After Connor dispatches all enemies in the fort he takes down the british flag and hangs up the american one, probably ordered by washington.

I filmed it too if anyone wants to see it.
Give me the video! It's mine not yours!

Legendz54
10-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Give me the video! It's mine not yours!

hahaha, ok, ok.. give me some time to transfer from my phone to computer, then upload to here.

dewgel
10-05-2012, 07:55 AM

I'd say it's scripted, it looks to be late on in the game with some colonists turning against him.

Also, the US edit.. that is seriously cheap. I've never cared at all about this British hate theme that everyone's been banging on about, but that's a joke.

That trailer really does NOT help their cause with that fight like.. lol. Just to make this clear, I don't care about the game being American lovey dovey and stuff, but this is a bit silly.

But dat trailer.. whoa.. sex on legs.

lonewarrior30
10-05-2012, 08:07 AM
hahaha, ok, ok.. give me some time to transfer from my phone to computer, then upload to here.
why thank you good sir

ACfan443
10-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Now that I've been FINALLY allowed to log in, I have to say that trailer was amazing! So beautifully edited, and the awesome music in the back just made it even more epic (Lorne Balfe has done an amazing job!)

We should all make sure the UK version receives the most views, that way it'll be the first video the Americans watch, thus showing a finger to Ubi marketing. It's ridiculous how much they're catering to the American audience, when really, most Americans probably don't care if they see a patriot or two being killed.

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 08:21 AM
And did you see in the trailer how Connor looks at and touches his future robes when walking with Achilles? I wonder if his robes are actually Achilles's robes....

They are either his or pre made robes haha. I found that bit kinda stupid really in the sense that Connor manages to be the right size to fit in them at one point.

Yeah this is pathetic. Even though Ubisoft are saying oh no hes not on the American side blah blah they will still edit stuff and lie like companies do to make sure the Americans don't get butt hurt over something. I have lost the amount of times I have seen redcoats dying and it doesn't even bother me. Tbh they have more detailed character models anyway.

hadarm18
10-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Trailer was freakin awesome!

btw its stupid that they censored the NA version of the trailer but meh they can always watch the UK version?

Oh and also why British arent offended when Connor is slaughtering the redcoats but when he is killling patriots then its all wrong?

PaCmAn0894
10-05-2012, 08:27 AM
This video is not a spoiler anymore because it on assassins creed 3 official site

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Trailer was freakin awesome!

btw its stupid that they censored the NA version of the trailer but meh they can always watch the UK version?

Oh and also why British arent offended when Connor is slaughtering the redcoats but when he is killling patriots then its all wrong?

Because Ubisoft know how sensitive the American audience are and even though they say they aren't being biased towards the Americans, they are. It's like the illuminati :|

This video is not a spoiler anymore because it on assassins creed 3 official site

I mean the video contained spoilers that some people wouldn't want to see. Not that it was leaked or anything.

dewgel
10-05-2012, 09:47 AM

It's still a spoiler even if it's an official video.

Also did anyone notice the dramatic descrution in New York or Boston, like an actual building falling down. That was very Call of Duty esque, it looked amazing. Something I've never seen in an Assassin's game (at least in gameplay, not like Ezio blowing up the chain)

Seriously still think this American thing has become a little odd. Like I said, I do not care for the previous British slaughtering moaning that went on a few month back, but this takes the cheese. I'll enjoy the game both ways, without any care, but as for this particular trailer being modified to hide out Connor fighting with Americans. That's just... stupid. Really stupid. I don't care if he kills British, so why is it a problem for the yankies?

Same goes with that Washington DLC, apparently that's been met with some crazy anger. But what if it was "Assassinate Winston Churchill" or "The Tyranny of David Cameron" we Brits wouldn't care!

Americans are far too patriotic for their own goods. I'm not talking about the Americans on here, I'm talking about the ones who aren't really fans of the game who are trolling all over Facebook.

projectpat06
10-05-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm Commander Shepherd, and this is my favorite trailer on the internet.

But with the American version, I imagine it had more to do with FCC regulations and censorship than the marketing team deliberately editing those scenes.

Dralight
10-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Wow, just wow. I've lost count of the number of times I've watched this trailer now.. it's simply amazing. o_o I'd say it was definitely worth watching despite the spoilers, I imagine the only videos left to see now are the rest of the Making of ACIII series and the launch trailer anyway. And yeah, I found the edited NA version really odd, like it didn't seem necessary to cut out those scenes and change the dialogue :nonchalance: but there ya go.

hadarm18
10-05-2012, 10:05 AM
That last line:

"You fight,you resist,why?

"Beacuse no one else will!! "

so epic

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 10:12 AM
That last line:

so epic

Don't forget the putting the hood bit up too! AWSUMSAUCE!

PaCmAn0894
10-05-2012, 10:13 AM
I watched it more then 5 times and that was amazing also the music was very nice and THERE IS 25 DAYS LEFT FOR THE relaes and i just cant wait for it!!!!

hadarm18
10-05-2012, 10:15 AM
I watched it more then 5 times and that was amazing also the music was very nice and THERE IS 25 DAYS LEFT FOR THE relaes and i just cant wait for it!!!!

45 days :(

PaCmAn0894
10-05-2012, 10:17 AM
on 30 october no?

Layytez
10-05-2012, 10:18 AM
on 30 october no?

He's getting it on pc.

projectpat06
10-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Btw did anyone else see the Aquila shipwrecked in the ice? For some reason that's also edited out of the US version of the trailer. Also, just realized Aquila is the latin word for eagle. I wonder if Connor dubs the name or if it originally belonged to another Assassin.

Locopells
Me too. I'm going dark in 25 days.

Spectacular trailer thought - exactly what people have been asking for! And about the Assassin for once, not the location or period...

PaCmAn0894
ohh right i forgot that on pc its on 20 nov.

Locopells
10-05-2012, 10:22 AM
What, they brought it forward?

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 10:23 AM
What, they brought it forward?

November 20th is the PC release. Not sure if that is forward or backwards or upwards cause I don't follow PC :P

PaCmAn0894
10-05-2012, 10:25 AM
im so happy that the game come on 30 october!

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Btw did anyone else see the Aquila shipwrecked in the ice? For some reason that's also edited out of the US version of the trailer. Also, just realized Aquila is the latin word for eagle. I wonder if Connor dubs the name or if it originally belonged to another Assassin.

I did see the Iced up Aquila... Haven't even bothered looking at that MEDIOCRE ATTEMPT BY UBISOFT TO MAKE SURE AMERICANS DONT CRY trailer. Maybe that ships name is a coincidence to the past assassins and eagles etc as Connor is more a lone wolf guy.

im so happy that the game come on 30 october!

Nice way to rub it in to the PC players face haha.

dewgel
10-05-2012, 10:33 AM

I'm calling it as Connor's father's ship. I think he used it to come to the native lands and never used it again, then Connor finds it. Or Achilles used it. One of the two.

Ielgon
10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Was that really the Aquila? I mean a lot of ships could get shipwrecked, what exactly tells you guys it's the Aquila?

Locopells
10-05-2012, 10:52 AM
That's probably from the 'A Dangerous Secret' pre-order mission.

projectpat06
10-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Was that really the Aquila? I mean a lot of ships could get shipwrecked, what exactly tells you guys it's the Aquila?

When comparing it to screens of the aquila, it looks spot on, but you're right, we can't truly know for sure because any ship could be shipwrecked and look like that from a distance. I think it is though because why else would Connor travel to remote area like that and have them show an abandoned ship? He's probably not going to assassinate someone in an area that desolate. They also show him on the Aquila immediately after in the trailer signifying a transition which is a prevalent theme in the trailer.

Umbra_Blade
10-05-2012, 10:57 AM
that was, without a doubt, the best trailer for AC3. Everything was just...perfect!
I really liked the dialogue in it, along with that bloody brilliant music, if that music isn't in the game, i'm gonna cry!
I think it is strange that the U.S. is treated like a little child when it comes to publishing games, that they have to be tip-toed around when it comes to their history. On a slight tangent to this I would just like to say to all those people complaining about the Washington DLC on Facebook; "Get over yourself!!!". It is a piece of fiction, you don't like it, then don't buy it! He may have been one of the greatest men to have lived in your eyes, but don't kill creativity from people going "what if...?", it makes the world dull, and I don't like dull places :p

Getting back on topic, that last line in the video gave me goosebumps. I loved how timid he was when he met Achilles, it showed him as a innocent person for about the first time, rather than a hardened assassin. I hope he keeps a slight streak of shyness in his adult form, as it will give him a HELL of a lot of depth to his character, rather than a guy who just kills for a living :p

dewgel
10-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm definitely saying that's the Aquila. That's my personal opinion, but as mentioned, the transition makes it more believeable.

I'd imagine Connor speaks to Achilles about a certain chap he may need to reach, but he needs a boat. Achilles will tell him the legend of the Ghost of the Sea or whatever it's referred to.. .so Connor goes out looking for it, finds it, waits for it to become Summer again and re-builds it.

I'd say there's going to be a mission at one point which would include Connor rallying up his crew, like going to a pub and finding his first mate etc

MT4K
10-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Ilike going to a pub and finding his first mate etc

Because that's where you will always find the best sailors and such :D.

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Nice way to rub it in to the PC players face haha.
Let's not go there >_>

dewgel
10-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Because that's where you will always find the best sailors and such :D.

It's a well known fact that when looking for a ship crew, you look for the nearest Fox & Hound or Black Bull ;D Taverns ftw :D haha

eagleforlife1
10-05-2012, 11:31 AM

To be honest, I think it is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octavius_(ship)

zerocooll21
10-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Saw that yesterday, SO AWESOME!!

There weren't any first two hours spoilers, we already know the first part of the game is all Des.

ClerklyOak9
10-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Nice... Realy cool how he used the tomahawk like the hookblade to slide down the rope.

FirestarLuva
10-05-2012, 12:19 PM
The trailer is amazing! The voices are amazing! The music is amazing! CONNOR is amazing!
Finally a TRUE AC trailer after 'Ezio's Destiny'. I love how much debt Ubisoft has put into Connor's character, you can feel the radiance of his character, the feelings, kudos to Alex, Corey and all others who brought Connor to life. Everything turns out perfect if you do it with love and that's what Ubisoft accomplished, as they've said several times that they love Connor and hope the same from the fans. Like Alex said 'we have a lot of people tied on the floor but a lot of happy people' and I'm glad he wasn't lying about it. And the fact that the people who made POP: Sands of Time are working on this game, which I think was a true masterpiece, I've no doubt AC3 will be GOTY material. AC3 ain't a game, it's a FREAKING MOVIE!
And from this trailer we see all the pain and hardship Connor will go through, even as a child which will result in a trauma following him in later years, we can be sure that his story will be a very emotional one, with a lot more debt than Ezio's, but in the end, Connor and Ezio's stories are different, but from the brief glimpse I got from Connor's story in this trailer, I felt like crying, especially in the beginning.

http://i49.tinypic.com/6dslg6.gif

AssassinVenice
10-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Is it a rain drop on my cheek or did I get too emotional? * goosebumps*

De Filosoof
10-05-2012, 12:34 PM
I always thought most people commenting on facebook were just plain stupid.
This pretty much confirms it.

Those butthurt Americans really got brainwashed and the funny thing is that they don't even realize it.

Sad...

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2012, 12:43 PM
I always thought most people commenting on facebook were just plain stupid.
This pretty much confirms it.

Those butthurt Americans really got brainwashed and the funny thing is that they don't even realize it.

Sad...
I'm not sure this is the place to discuss it.

dewgel
10-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Saw that yesterday, SO AWESOME!!

There weren't any first two hours spoilers, we already know the first part of the game is all Des.

Do we? :S

dewgel
10-05-2012, 12:49 PM
To be honest, I think it is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octavius_(ship)

Perhaps that IS the Aquila, and Connor calls it the Aquila. Remember in the Sequence 6 Preview Video, that woman says the "Ghost ship" or something has returned.

zainzombie
10-05-2012, 01:07 PM
The trailer is amazing! The voices are amazing! The music is amazing! CONNOR is amazing!
Finally a TRUE AC trailer after 'Ezio's Destiny'. I love how much debt Ubisoft has put into Connor's character, you can feel the radiance of his character, the feelings, kudos to Alex, Corey and all others who brought Connor to life. Everything turns out perfect if you do it with love and that's what Ubisoft accomplished, as they've said several times that they love Connor and hope the same from the fans. Like Alex said 'we have a lot of people tied on the floor but a lot of happy people' and I'm glad he wasn't lying about it. And the fact that the people who made POP: Sands of Time are working on this game, which I think was a true masterpiece, I've no doubt AC3 will be GOTY material. AC3 ain't a game, it's a FREAKING MOVIE!
And from this trailer we see all the pain and hardship Connor will go through, even as a child which will result in a trauma following him in later years, we can be sure that his story will be a very emotional one, with a lot more debt than Ezio's, but in the end, Connor and Ezio's stories are different, but from the brief glimpse I got from Connor's story in this trailer, I felt like crying, especially in the beginning.

http://i49.tinypic.com/6dslg6.gif
I agree with this, the starting was pretty emotional esp. when young Connor screams after seeing his village burning down and yea, probably Connor will be the one with the most depth in his character. I also love the fact POP SOT devs are working on this one, that game is legendary.

Only thing I dont agree with is the bolded part.. AC is a game not a movie and I am glad thats the case. Video games > movies.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Easily the best trailer yet, I love this character so much already <333

zerocooll21
10-05-2012, 02:22 PM

Really? I had no idea ;)

RatonhnhakeFan
10-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Really? I had no idea ;)
Thought you may have forgotten :cool:

zerocooll21
10-05-2012, 02:24 PM
HA!

Alllmost there, I need to move the calendar off my desk so I stop staring at it lolol

HisSpiritLives
10-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I am little late but this is such awesome trailer.

HisSpiritLives
10-05-2012, 03:24 PM

Connor is cool guy.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Connor is cool guy.
And kind and caring and drop-dead gorgeous :3

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 03:39 PM
And kind and caring and drop-dead gorgeous :3

He is a babe.

ACfan443
10-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Young Connor reminds me of Mogli from the Jungle Book

cmrggamer
10-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Wow. This trailer was...wow. I absolutely loved the music. Connor's story is going to be amazing! I can't wait to play this game!

Nov 20th seems so far away! :(

NOLA_Assassin
10-05-2012, 04:19 PM
First of all, there are NO crocodiles in North America, except for a very few in Florida. Second, that trailer was AWESOME. Third, Achilles seems to fight with Connor a bit...

IrishMason33
10-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Do you guys know if the music in the trailer is really music from Lorne Balfe because most the trailers in the assassin creed series for example the launch trailer from 2 is from a trailer music company and revelations launch trailer was also made by trailer music company which was immediate music and the life of ezio trailer for revelations was two steps from hell.

dewgel
10-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Do you guys know if the music in the trailer is really music from Lorne Balfe because most the trailers in the assassin creed series for example the launch trailer from 2 is from a trailer music company and revelations launch trailer was also made by trailer music company which was immediate music and the life of ezio trailer for revelations was two steps from hell.

Yes, it's Lorne Balfe. They used his theme he used in the AnvilNext trailer and made it more dramatic, but yes, it's got his "feel" to it.

Also, regarding the Achilles fighting thing, we knew that. We were told that both Connor and Achilles will clash in their ideals, although they'll be friends / colleagues. Achilles will be the 'strict master' kind of thing.

freddie_1897
10-05-2012, 04:39 PM
i dont know about you guys, but the marketing team editing the american version of the trailer tells me something about them.

if they are totally fine with showing british audiences time and time again redcoats being killed, patriotic dialogue and images that display US as good and Britain as bad then why aren't the okay with showing Americans colonists being killed, and events that ACTUALLY HAPPENED but displayed the americans as the bad guys for a very small amount of time?

seriously i am British and i did not care one bit about seeing redcoats killed but i can't help but think that they could not give a **** what anyone other than the 'mass market' thought,

"oh look, we're going to depict the british as the bad guys, should we tone it down a bit?"

"nah, their British, its not that big a deal"

"oh look, we're going to vaguely imply the americans were slightly bad by showing events that actually happened historically, should we tone it down a bit?"

"YES, OMG OF COURSE, WE DONT WANT THE UPSET THEM. NOW PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE WHILE I GO AND LICK THE ARSE OF THIS REDNECK"

ACfan443
10-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't think the theme was altered to make it 'more dramatic' - it was just a section from the theme overall. What we've heard of the theme before was probably just the first minute in. In this trailer, we're probably hearing the last minute of the track, where it naturally reaches its dramatic phase.

MasterSimaYi
10-05-2012, 04:49 PM
i dont know about you guys, but the marketing team editing the american version of the trailer tells me something about them.

if they are totally fine with showing british audiences time and time again redcoats being killed, patriotic dialogue and images that display US as good and Britain as bad then why aren't the okay with showing Americans colonists being killed, and events that ACTUALLY HAPPENED but displayed the americans as the bad guys for a very small amount of time?

seriously i am British and i did not care one bit about seeing redcoats killed but i can't help but think that they could not give a **** what anyone other than the 'mass market' thought,

"oh look, we're going to depict the british as the bad guys, should we tone it down a bit?"

"oh look, we're going to vaguely imply the americans were slightly bad by showing events that actually happened historically, should we tone it down a bit?"

"YES, OMG OF COURSE, WE DONT WANT THE UPSET THEM. NOW PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE WHILE I GO AND LICK THE ARSE OF THIS REDNECK"

How constructive.

freddie_1897
10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
How constructive.
if thats sarcasm then i'd like to mention this is a discussion thread. and i'm posting my thoughts on the AC marketing team who, i think most people can probably tell now, aren't on my list for greatest people in the world right now.

i'll admit my previous post was a bit whiny. but i'm really not happy with how they are going about things, and it's a shame because its leaving a bad impression on the devs which is totally unfair because we all know that the devs and the marketing team are probably in separate countries right now.

there76
10-05-2012, 05:00 PM
That last line:

so epicProbably saying that because the Mohawks will turn there back on him for being an associate with George Washington. During the revolutionary war, the mohawks fought for the British.

ACfan443
10-05-2012, 05:01 PM
How constructive.

Where does it say all our posts have to be constructive? It's his opinion, which he's allowed to express.

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 05:04 PM

Think you hit the nail on the head there!

MasterSimaYi
10-05-2012, 05:07 PM
if thats sarcasm then i'd like to mention this is a discussion thread. and i'm posting my thoughts on the AC marketing team who, i think most people can probably tell now, aren't on my list for greatest people in the world right now.

i'll admit my previous post was a bit whiny. but i'm really not happy with how they are going about things, and it's a shame because its leaving a bad impression on the devs which is totally unfair because we all know that the devs and the marketing team are probably in separate countries right now.

It was sarcasm, yes. You are entitled to your opinion and many others agree with you, all the whinyness you mentioned and all those quotes just made it too much... I do agree with you, though. They did show Connor killing Continental Army soldiers, but they swiftly switched back to only showing redcoats being killed. It's one sided, but I don't see it as "anti-British" nor do I think British people should take all that much offence by it.

Where does it say all our posts have to be constructive? It's his opinion, which he's allowed to express.

I did not say "all posts have to be constructive."

POP1Fan
10-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Think you hit the nail on the head there!

What I like is how they show at the beggining the village being burned down, with NO Patriot around, despite the fact they did it, and then Connor goes on to kill a couple of Redcoats. But... meh... I am used to it now.

Edit: At the end, Connor seems to be wounded. I wonder if that was scripted or it will be a regular part of the game.

freddie_1897
10-05-2012, 05:15 PM
It was sarcasm, yes. You are entitled to your opinion and many others agree with you, all the whinyness you mentioned and all those quotes just made it too much... I do agree with you, though. They did show Connor killing Continental Army soldiers, but they swiftly switched back to only showing redcoats being killed. It's one sided, but I don't see it as "anti-British" nor do I think British people should take all that much offence by it.

i don't see it as anti british either, and i certainly don't think British people should take offence from it. i just feel that Americans shouldn't be treated as though they can't handle killing their ancestors. if they are immature and get offended then tough, don't play the game.

as for the whiny quotes i do agree that it was too much, but after a summer of biased trailers from the marketing team that really was the final straw.

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 05:55 PM
i don't see it as anti british either, and i certainly don't think British people should take offence from it. i just feel that Americans shouldn't be treated as though they can't handle killing their ancestors. if they are immature and get offended then tough, don't play the game.

as for the whiny quotes i do agree that it was too much, but after a summer of biased trailers from the marketing team that really was the final straw.

Agreed, even I can't stand the pettiness shown my Ubisoft. As you said British people don't take offence that Redcoats are being killed, they get offended because they are portrayed as bad people and that bluecoats are saints!

Mrnilsman
10-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Ok i might get a lot of hate for what i am about to say but i honestly think that Ezio was kind of a flat character and really looked like Adam Sandler ( at least in AC2,ACB ). Connor on the other hand seems to be a fantastic character with much depth and i already love him.

zerocooll21
10-05-2012, 06:07 PM
If you guys are so butt hurt over it maybe you should just sit this game out. FYI, there weren't "american's" till after the war :rolleyes:

It only makes sense that if Connor is a freedom fighter that he would side mostly with the colonies. I personally am looking forward to the altered reality of killing washington.

lonewarrior30
10-05-2012, 06:25 PM

is it up? :D

Eskaminzim
10-05-2012, 06:41 PM
I find it funny that in trying to not hurt the Americans feelings by censoring the trailer, they actually made Americans look bad by implying that they're immature babies and can't handle seeing bluecoats getting killed. Good job, Ubi! LOL

RatonhnhakeFan
10-05-2012, 06:44 PM
If you guys are so butt hurt over it maybe you should just sit this game out. FYI, there weren't "american's" till after the war :rolleyes:

It only makes sense that if Connor is a freedom fighter that he would side mostly with the colonies. I personally am looking forward to the altered reality of killing washington.It doesn't. Native Americans themselves didn't know what to do hence the splits and as history shows, colonists were heavily interested in expansion on Native territory, even more than the Crown. From his perspective, all the 'freedom' talk applies only to white colonists

zerocooll21
10-05-2012, 06:49 PM
I find it funny that in trying to not hurt the Americans feelings by censoring the trailer, they actually made Americans look bad by implying that they're immature babies and can't handle seeing bluecoats getting killed. Good job, Ubi! LOL

Who ever said Ubi sensored it for American's? Or are you just spewing what ever you picked up on from someone else spewing from what they pickup on?

Not everyone from the states fits what evert stereo typically figure you have in your head. Have a little respect.

zerocooll21
10-05-2012, 06:50 PM
It doesn't. Native Americans themselves didn't know what to do hence the splits and as history shows, colonists were heavily interested in expansion on Native territory, even more than the Crown. From his perspective, all the 'freedom' talk applies only to white colonists

True. But part of you IS the outsider ;)

ACfan443
10-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Ok i might get a lot of hate for what i am about to say but i honestly think that Ezio was kind of a flat character and really looked like Adam Sandler ( at least in AC2,ACB ). Connor on the other hand seems to be a fantastic character with much depth and i already love him.

I don't think Ezio was a flat character, I just think he was over emotional, and couldn't control his feelings. However I do agree that Connor is a fantastic character, in my opinion he has a greater sense of depth about him, he's like a great mix between Altair and Ezio. Even though he doesn't show his emotions, (from the trailer) you can see he's carried the weight of the world on his shoulders, and has been put through a life full of grief. Any suspicions of him being a boring character have diminished.

Who ever said Ubi sensored it for American's? Or are you just spewing what ever you picked up on from someone else spewing from what they pickup on?

Not everyone from the states fits what evert stereo typically figure you have in your head. Have a little respect.

What are you talking about?

Firstly, he didn't stereotype Americans being 'immature babies' - he said that's what Ubisoft is portraying them to be.

Secondly, it's BLATANTLY obvious that Ubi censored the trailer for the Americans. It's a clear attempt to prevent them from becoming angry over seeing their 'virtual ancestors' being killed. Which is preposterous.

SpitfireSpud
10-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Probably a stupid question....

Desmond will probably be in an Animus this time round, or can he a do a MATRIX style thing where he doesn't need to be "plugged in" lol ? Will there be a Animus inside the Temple, or will they bring in BABY?

Another thing I noticed on the vids... Conor doesn't really resemble Desmond in some sort of way, like the other Assassins did in the other games... I could be wrong...

Umbra_Blade
10-05-2012, 07:03 PM

It only makes sense that if Connor is a freedom fighter that he would side mostly with the colonies. I personally am looking forward to the altered reality of killing washington.

We aren't butt-hurt that the redcoats are being killed, to be honest we don't really mind who we kill. What we don't like is when a marketing team is said to be non one-sided yet their decisions show the EXACT opposite. Every other country can be depicted as bad, but god forbid that the U.S. are shown in a bad light as a whole for a change.

And what REALLY annoys me, is that this isn't the message the devs want to send out, the devs have made a game that is un-biased. But the marketing team fly right in the face of that, by catering to a U.S. market instead of a Global one. And who usually is given the blame for how the game appears before release? The devs. Which is very unfair as they have had practically squat to do with any marketing decisions.

For me, the epitome of this is the George Washington DLC. When some brits were a bit worried that they were being targeted as bad guys, and a previously un-biased game was looking to change into an AMERICA F**K YEAH game, the U.S. told us to be quiet, and shut up with our whining. But when ONE man from their history is shown with a bit of a dark streak, from a completely fictional perspective, some people from the U.S. loose their minds, and see it as a down right outrage! (obviously not you, and good for you! I'm glad to see that some people have an imagination :p)

P.S: I'm not having a go at you or at U.S. citizens who play AC, just people who think they deserve better treatment, or for things to be sugarcoated for them, just because they are from a prominent country (this applies to the UK as well as the US).

zerocooll21
10-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Probably a stupid question....

Desmond will probably be in an Animus this time round, or can he a do a MATRIX style thing where he doesn't need to be "plugged in" lol ? Will there be a Animus inside the Temple, or will they bring in BABY?

Another thing I noticed on the vids... Conor doesn't really resemble Desmond in some sort of way, like the other Assassins did in the other games... I could be wrong...

No matrix, they confirmed there will be an animus.

HA, dude your sig is pretty funny, I like.

zerocooll21
10-05-2012, 07:10 PM
We aren't butt-hurt that the redcoats are being killed, to be honest we don't really mind who we kill. What we don't like is when a marketing team is said to be non one-sided yet their decisions show the EXACT opposite. Every other country can be depicted as bad, but god forbid that the U.S. are shown in a bad light as a whole for a change.

And what REALLY annoys me, is that this isn't the message the devs want to send out, the devs have made a game that is un-biased. But the marketing team fly right in the face of that, by catering to a U.S. market instead of a Global one. And who usually is given the blame for how the game appears before release? The devs. Which is very unfair as they have had practically squat to do with any marketing decisions.

For me, the epitome of this is the George Washington DLC. When some brits were a bit worried that they were being targeted as bad guys, and a previously un-biased game was looking to change into an AMERICA F**K YEAH game, the U.S. told us to be quiet, and shut up with our whining. But when ONE man from their history is shown with a bit of a dark streak, from a completely fictional perspective, some people from the U.S. loose their minds, and see it as a down right outrage! (obviously not you, and good for you! I'm glad to see that some people have an imagination :p)

P.S: I'm not having a go at you or at U.S. citizens who play AC, just people who think they deserve better treatment, or for things to be sugarcoated for them, just because they are from a prominent country (this applies to the UK as well as the US).

Point taken. No offense taken, just didn't want things to get out of hand. I get it, I don't take offense but seeing it over and over again starts to get tad bit annoying. Not saying you guys are annoying haha :)

OH, what do you mean by creating a US market only? Between AC and Batman I'm not really a gamer so forgive the noob Q.

SpitfireSpud
10-05-2012, 07:10 PM
No matrix, they confirmed there will be an animus.
SWEEETTT Photo !! lol :D

zerocooll21
10-05-2012, 07:15 PM
that photo is considered a spoiler btw. it'll probably be taken down

Is it?? I'll link anyway. Thanks

MT4K
10-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Please keep the spoiler pictures to the dedicated thread!

zerocooll21
10-05-2012, 07:17 PM
My bad!

infamous_ezio
10-05-2012, 07:24 PM
this is amazing, beautiful in every possible way. The music is awesome, I can tell this game is going to blow our minds, it's obvious how much effort they put into conner, he looks so frigging cool
i just want the game already.... 25 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrnilsman
10-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't think Ezio was a flat character, I just think he was over emotional, and couldn't control his feelings. However I do agree that Connor is a fantastic character, in my opinion he has a greater sense of depth about him, he's like a great mix between Altair and Ezio. Even though he doesn't show his emotions, (from the trailer) you can see he's carried the weight of the world on his shoulders, and has been put through a life full of grief. Any suspicions of him being a boring character have diminished

Ok, lets say compared to most other games out there he wasnt really flat but i felt like the only thing that drove him was revenge what gave me the impression of him being a flat character.
By the way, I think describing Connor as a mix between Altair and Ezio pretty much hits the nail on the head.

IceHot100
10-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Even those men you sought to save have turn their backs on you...yet you fight...you resist...why?
Because..no one else will?

I may sound very dumb right now. But I didn't fully get what Connor meant..

Did he mean that no one else would do what he's doing?

Layytez
10-05-2012, 08:43 PM
^ Yeah. No one else will keep fighting and resisting no matter what the situation is

hadarm18
10-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Ok, lets say compared to most other games out there he wasnt really flat but i felt like the only thing that drove him was revenge what gave me the impression of him being a flat character.
By the way, I think describing Connor as a mix between Altair and Ezio pretty much hits the nail on the head.

i think that ezio certainly wasnt a flat character
Altair was arrogant,overconfident,egoistic selfish bastard in the begining but he has become a wise man and devoted his life to the creed and even shoved love for his kids and wife

Ezio on the other hand wasnt born into the creed and he never wanted to become an assassin
He wanted to live life full of pleasures and women but death of his father gived him no choice
He was vengeful yes but he was also becoming with each kill wiser and more devoted to the creed
And in the end he finaly understood his purpose as a conduit for a message
He was a much more less prone to philosophy and a much simpler man than altair thats why he sometimes "seems flat"

I loved altair and i loved ezio and im most sure that i will love Connor as a character

DavisP92
10-05-2012, 08:58 PM
i think that ezio certainly wasnt a flat character
Altair was arrogant,overconfident,egoistic selfish bastard in the begining but he has become a wise man and devoted his life to the creed and even shoved love for his kids and wife

Ezio on the other hand wasnt born into the creed and he never wanted to become an assassin
He wanted to live life full of pleasures and women but death of his father gived him no choice
He was vengeful yes but he was also becoming with each kill wiser and more devoted to the creed
And in the end he finaly understood his purpose as a conduit for a message
He was a much more less prone to philosophy and a much simpler man than altair thats why he sometimes "seems flat"

I loved altair and i loved ezio and im most sure that i will love Connor as a character

Don't forget that after he learned about the creed and decided that he wasn't going to kill Borgia, at his wise point in the game (meaning that he wasn't fighting for revenge). ACB comes along and then Mario is killed and he goes on a battle for revenge again. -.-

MT4K
10-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Guys... Stop posting about spoilers to do with past games in the series. This thread is about the Story trailer for Connor. Remember there's probably people around who haven't finished the other games yet, but want to see the trailer.

IceHot100
10-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Don't forget that after he learned about the creed and decided that he wasn't going to kill Borgia, at his wise point in the game (meaning that he wasn't fighting for revenge). ACB comes along and then Mario is killed and he goes on a battle for revenge again. -.-

Life never gave him the opportunity to live freely. He always had reasons to fight. But at the end, when he was finally free, he decided to go on a quest to find ...*ahem* "books".. -_-

PaCmAn0894
10-05-2012, 09:06 PM
There is only 25 days left but when i think about it and the problem is that i cant not think about it the time is going so slowly that i just want to go sleep and wake up in the 30 october.

Calvarok
10-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Even those men you sought to save have turn their backs on you...yet you fight...you resist...why?
Because..no one else will?

I may sound very dumb right now. But I didn't fully get what Connor meant..

Did he mean that no one else would do what he's doing?
We don't know the context of when he says that, but it sounds like his tribe has turned against him, and the colonials as well, and he's still trying to protect innocent people even though he is rejected on all sides. Everyone ese is concerned only with dominance or their own interests, but no-one else will fight for justice like he will.

berserker134
10-05-2012, 09:26 PM
PAUSE AT 1:31 what color are his eyes i know they are brown but what brown i want contacts like dat

Jexx21
10-05-2012, 09:27 PM
I will fight for justice. Like Connor, we must all RISE!

RzaRecta357
10-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Wow 18 pages haha. Looks amazing! Just like the Ezio story trailer looked amazing. Watched it like 50 times. Gonna try to tone it down a bit for this one :P

Eskaminzim
10-05-2012, 09:46 PM

What the HELL are you rambling on about?! Of course I'm not 100% sure of why they changed the trailer. BUT C'MON! Why else would there be a scene in the UK trailer of Connor mowing down bluecoats and then that same scene is mysteriously left out in the US trailer? Let's use some common sense here... Now in regards to the second part of your post, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. When did I use a stereotype?! LOL! I was talking about Ubi censoring the US trailer presumably to not hurt the Americans feelings. Which backfired, making Americans look like jingoistic babies who need Ubi to hold their hands and censor anything with patriots dying. Maybe next time you should actually READ what I posted to avoid typing a pointless comment that had nothing to do with anything I was saying, LOL!

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 10:12 PM
I guess the marketing just figured that it was too much..

I mean Evil George and dozens of Patriot bodies ? They cant change the DLC, BUT they can change the trailer... So they did.

I have to admit, though.. The FB comments shows A LOT why the Marketing avoided annoying Americans.

"Who ever did this artwork should be put to the sword" - A Guy on FB ranting about the DLC..

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Guys... Stop posting about spoilers to do with past games in the series. This thread is about the Story trailer for Connor. Remember there's probably people around who haven't finished the other games yet, but want to see the trailer.

Aka noobs.

And @M, there is something I don't understand. If the American audience is seeing Connor portrayed as a Redcoat killing machine that means they are being lied too. Which means when they get the game and find out they have to kill bluecoats...

THEY WILL DIE IN SHAME..AND SADNESS :D

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Aka noobs.

And @M, there is something I don't understand. If the American audience is seeing Connor portrayed as a Redcoat killing machine that means they are being lied too. Which means when they get the game and find out they have to kill bluecoats...

THEY WILL DIE IN SHAME..AND SADNESS :D
Its a Strange approach, but the correct one. Its the Marketing`s Job.. Show the game appeal-able to a large Market.. It sells, they don't give a Crap what happens next..

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Its a Strange approach, but the correct one. Its the Marketing`s Job.. Show the game appeal-able to a large Market.. It sells, they don't give a Crap what happens next..

It is rather odd isn't it, but smart :P

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 10:42 PM
It is rather odd isn't it, but smart :P
All this whole thing achieve was prove Kotaku`s article about Americans not standing the sight of their ancestors being killed right..

Did you see the FB comments ?

RatonhnhakeFan
10-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Its a Strange approach, but the correct one. Its the Marketing`s Job.. Show the game appeal-able to a large Market.. It sells, they don't give a Crap what happens next..It's a canny approach, but not the correct one from decency POV

Eskaminzim
10-05-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't think Ezio was a flat character, I just think he was over emotional, and couldn't control his feelings. However I do agree that Connor is a fantastic character, in my opinion he has a greater sense of depth about him, he's like a great mix between Altair and Ezio. Even though he doesn't show his emotions, (from the trailer) you can see he's carried the weight of the world on his shoulders, and has been put through a life full of grief. Any suspicions of him being a boring character have diminished.

What are you talking about?

Firstly, he didn't stereotype Americans being 'immature babies' - he said that's what Ubisoft is portraying them to be.

Secondly, it's BLATANTLY obvious that Ubi censored the trailer for the Americans. It's a clear attempt to prevent them from becoming angry over seeing their 'virtual ancestors' being killed. Which is preposterous.

EXACTLY! Thank you, I'm glad SOMEONE understood what I was saying!

Assassin_M
10-05-2012, 10:46 PM
It's a canny approach, but not the correct one from decency POV
Whoever said Marketing is ever decent ? What ? You never watched Soap Commercials ? xD

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 10:48 PM
All this whole thing achieve was prove Kotaku`s article about Americans not standing the sight of their ancestors being killed right..

Did you see the FB comments ?

I have seen a lot of comments on facebook regarding the picture of George Washington... It's kinda funny to see people get that fussed about stupid things.

ACfan443
10-05-2012, 10:58 PM
EXACTLY! Thank you, I'm glad SOMEONE understood what I was saying!

People rush into being defensive, it's understandable :)

Eskaminzim
10-05-2012, 11:03 PM
I guess the marketing just figured that it was too much..

I mean Evil George and dozens of Patriot bodies ? They cant change the DLC, BUT they can change the trailer... So they did.

I have to admit, though.. The FB comments shows A LOT why the Marketing avoided annoying Americans.

"Who ever did this artwork should be put to the sword" - A Guy on FB ranting about the DLC..

Yeah, that was what I was thinking. I guess the whole GW DLC controversy made Ubi more cautious. It's still ridiculous, IMO. I thought Ubi would be prepared for a lot of backlash with that DLC announcement. I guess they underestimated how stupid some people can be, LOL!

RatonhnhakeFan
10-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Whoever said Marketing is ever decent ?The idealist in me :(

Eskaminzim
10-05-2012, 11:11 PM
It's a canny approach, but not the correct one from decency POV

I agree.

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 11:14 PM
The idealist in me :(

Noob..

Eskaminzim
10-05-2012, 11:16 PM
People rush into being defensive, it's understandable :)

Yeah, I guess. :)

FirestarLuva
10-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Does anyone know if we're going to see Connor's birth, like Ezio? Since we're following Connor from a child it would be a nice touch if we get to see him from his birth, that way we'll get even more attached to his character. I'm also curious to know why his mother named him Ratonhnhaké:ton.

there76
10-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Does anyone know if we're going to see Connor's birth, like Ezio? Since we're following Connor from a child it would be a nice touch if we get to see him from his birth, that way we'll get even more attached to his character. I'm also curious to know why his mother named him Ratonhnhaké:ton.

It's possible, but it could the case. He was at least born in 1753, but he might have been born before as well.

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Words cannot describe the epicness of this trailer, Surpasses ezios destiny trailer. Loved the music too..

PS: Video is uploading.

GreatBeyonder
10-06-2012, 12:17 AM
I still love the Brotherhood story trailer, in which we get to hear Cesare rant for three minutes about how awesome he is in spectactularly hammy fashion.

zerocooll21
10-06-2012, 01:58 AM

What the HELL are you rambling on about?! Of course I'm not 100% sure of why they changed the trailer. BUT C'MON! Why else would there be a scene in the UK trailer of Connor mowing down bluecoats and then that same scene is mysteriously left out in the US trailer? Let's use some common sense here... Now in regards to the second part of your post, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. When did I use a stereotype?! LOL! I was talking about Ubi censoring the US trailer presumably to not hurt the Americans feelings. Which backfired, making Americans look like jingoistic babies who need Ubi to hold their hands and censor anything with patriots dying. Maybe next time you should actually READ what I posted to avoid typing a pointless comment that had nothing to do with anything I was saying, LOL!

I see, so you two have professional experience in marketing and know every detail that goes into making video game trailers? Due tell the rest of us where you learned such things...laugh out loud

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 02:01 AM
I see, so you two have professional experience in marketing and know every detail that goes into making video game trailers? Due tell the rest of us where you learned such things...laugh out loud
Mate... They are not saying anything about having Professional experience in Marketing..

What are you trying to prove ? Where is your argument ? Its a fact..

The NA version of the trailer removed the killing of American Soldiers... Care to counter this ?

Layytez
10-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Ubisoft have got balls but at the same time are a bunch of cowards. Got balls for making Washington evil. Cowards for editing out bluecoats being killed. Rather funny actually.

roostersrule2
10-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Ubisoft have got balls but at the same time are a bunch of cowards. Got balls for making Washington evil. Cowards for editing out bluecoats being killed. Rather funny actually.They also have talent as making a game of this calibre would be hard freakin work.

projectpat06
10-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Everyone keeps saying the NA version so is that also the one playing in Canada? i figured it would just be the US version because of the FCC regulations.

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 02:32 AM
Everyone keeps saying the NA version so is that also the one playing in Canada? i figured it would just be the US version because of the FCC regulations.
They had no problem showing the Killing of Redcoats with blood and all...

But edited out the killing of Americans..I thought like you at first, but it is clearly not the case..

projectpat06
10-06-2012, 02:40 AM
They had no problem showing the Killing of Redcoats with blood and all...

But edited out the killing of Americans..I thought like you at first, but it is clearly not the case..

Yeah, to be honest the whole thing is stupid in my opinion. To me, the best parts of that trailer were cut out especially the end when it looks like Connor was betrayed. I guess people will realize that we will be killing europeans in general (French, British, Germans, etc) bc no one was American until after the war, and then we'll only be killing Americans. I'm also f***ing stoked for the DLC. I love the alternate reality and it's almost scary bc it is something that is believable. I mean, our idea of a president could have just as easily turned into anarchy if the right people were in power.

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 02:46 AM
Yeah, to be honest the whole thing is stupid in my opinion. To me, the best parts of that trailer were cut out especially the end when it looks like Connor was betrayed. I guess people will realize that we will be killing europeans in general (French, British, Germans, etc) bc no one was American until after the war, and then we'll only be killing Americans. I'm also f***ing stoked for the DLC. I love the alternate reality and it's almost scary bc it is something that is believable. I mean, our idea of a president could have just as easily turned into anarchy if the right people were in power.
The First AC DLC im actually buying xD

I love the Idea..

AssassinGame1
10-06-2012, 02:48 AM
The trailer was EPIIC!
I agree, the trailer had TOO many spoilers

projectpat06
10-06-2012, 02:51 AM
The First AC DLC im actually buying xD

I love the Idea..

The best part of AC2 was interrupting Mass and beating up the Pope. I'm Catholic and I thought that was awesome. This probably tops that and may be the best part of AC3.

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 02:53 AM
The best part of AC2 was interrupting Mass and beating up the Pope. I'm Catholic and I thought that was awesome. This probably tops that and may be the best part of AC3.
A Game that portrays Jesus and Moses as ordinary men with Illusions and Includes a fist fight with the Pope..

Washington being evil is a trivial matter xD

Eskaminzim
10-06-2012, 05:20 AM

You're hopeless. I give up already.

Eskaminzim
10-06-2012, 05:21 AM
A Game that portrays Jesus and Moses as ordinary men with Illusions and Includes a fist fight with the Pope..

Washington being evil is a trivial matter xD

lol, so true.

Moultonborough
10-06-2012, 07:12 AM
The only thing I want to know is who told Connor to find Achilles. Though I'm sure we won't find out until a few weeks from now.

projectpat06
10-06-2012, 07:48 AM
The only thing I want to know is who told Connor to find Achilles. Though I'm sure we won't find out until a few weeks from now.

SPOILERS I guess....

Well there's a picture on one of these threads with who I think is Hatham Kenway (has a badass hidden blade) as people say the picture is of his dad since he looks like Connor. I imagine Connor could possibly find out about Achilles from his father or his father had told his mother and it somehow gets to Connor. The Assassin outfit Connor gets from Achilles could very well be his father's.

dewgel
10-06-2012, 08:39 AM
SPOILERS I guess....

Well there's a picture on one of these threads with who I think is Hatham Kenway (has a badass hidden blade) as people say the picture is of his dad since he looks like Connor. I imagine Connor could possibly find out about Achilles from his father or his father had told his mother and it somehow gets to Connor. The Assassin outfit Connor gets from Achilles could very well be his father's.

Agreeing on that. I've always thought that Haytham was the owner of the Aquila and he brought it over when he arrived there, and abandoned it.

Also, if any of you saw Alex Hutchinson's post and you were holding out for his "You've not seen anything from the first 3 hours" thing, screw it. He's been trying his best to hold this stuff back but marketing couldn't. He warned on his Facebook page to not watch it if you don't want spoilers from the very start of the game.

projectpat06
10-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Agreeing on that. I've always thought that Haytham was the owner of the Aquila and he brought it over when he arrived there, and abandoned it.

Also, if any of you saw Alex Hutchinson's post and you were holding out for his "You've not seen anything from the first 3 hours" thing, screw it. He's been trying his best to hold this stuff back but marketing couldn't. He warned on his Facebook page to not watch it if you don't want spoilers from the very start of the game.

Yeah but there wasn't that much revealed in the scenes that we haven't heard about before. We knew Connor's Village gets burned down and after the previews we could basically figure out that achilles become's connor's mentor so nothing really spoiled in terms of story.

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Assassins creed 3 makes me so proud we have video game producers who can think outside the box. I hate it when developers think they can gain an audience if they make their protagonist a certain skin colour or race. Ubisoft proved them all wrong by making this fantastic native american character.

dewgel
10-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah but there wasn't that much revealed in the scenes that we haven't heard about before. We knew Connor's Village gets burned down and after the previews we could basically figure out that achilles become's connor's mentor so nothing really spoiled in terms of story.

One thing to note : Alex was referring to OFFICIAL information, directly from Ubisoft or the AC Youtube / Twitter / Facebook, when he said we've seen nothing from the first 3 hours.

I wouldn't have said he was referring to the Gameinformer reveal etc.

But yes, we've known about everything in that trailer for a long time. I loved it. The music is just magical.

ACfan443
10-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Want to say it once again..that trailer was amazing!! I just can't get over the soundtrack! Anyone still have any doubts about it?

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Want to say it once again..that trailer was amazing!! I just can't get over the soundtrack! Anyone still have any doubts about it?
Doubts are gone xD

arkangelyou
10-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Kinda lame of them to censor the NA version, but it was still awesome nevertheless!

BBALive
10-06-2012, 11:28 AM
SPOILERS I guess....

Could you perhaps link me to said image?

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Could you perhaps link me to said image?

They say the dad is the guy to the left because he looks like Connor.

BBALive
10-06-2012, 11:37 AM
They say the dad is the guy to the left because he looks like Connor.

I just found it in the other thread, heh.

MT4K
10-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah. Let's keep those kind of images to that other thread :).

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 11:43 AM
:( fine i suppose so..

zerocooll21
10-06-2012, 12:51 PM
You're hopeless. I give up already.

Hopeless? You're the one who gave up already! lame

Yeah. Let's keep those kind of images to that other thread

Man you must be glued to the forum, on top of everything :D

there76
10-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Is that connors mother on the floor?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbh9r7rIET1r7i5gpo4_500.gif

DoNNiEDaRkO50
10-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Is that connors mother on the floor?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbh9r7rIET1r7i5gpo4_500.gif
That's Connor himself xD

there76
10-06-2012, 11:52 PM
That's Connor himself xD

I know that, watch to the end of the loop. There is someone sitting against something.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
10-07-2012, 12:06 AM
I know that, watch to the end of the loop. There is someone sitting against something.

Ah sorry,, I don't think so ,, Connor seems to be looking for her .

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
10-07-2012, 01:52 AM

Pretty sure it's just someone else. In the Connor Story trailer, AFTER the scene in the gif, it shows Connor banging against a house. I bet his mother is trapped inside her home.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
10-07-2012, 01:54 AM
SPOILERS I guess....

Wait, who said that Haytham Kenway is an Assassin? Did I miss something?

there76
10-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Pretty sure it's just someone else. In the Connor Story trailer, AFTER the scene in the gif, it shows Connor banging against a house. I bet his mother is trapped inside her home.It's obvious the he banging against a fence.

pacmanate
10-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Well hes obviously banging something!

I am going to shed a tear when this scene happens in the game.

MasterSimaYi
10-07-2012, 10:51 AM

Yes, Haytham Kenway was an English Assassin born in 1735.

pacmanate
10-07-2012, 01:32 PM
What is Haytham Kenways involvement..

RocCyclone
10-07-2012, 02:41 PM
[video removed]

eagleforlife1
10-07-2012, 03:39 PM
[video removed]

What was deleted from this post?

MT4K
10-07-2012, 03:42 PM
What was deleted from this post?

If you or any other people MUST know. It was the Revelations CGI trailer with an inappropriate voice over which breaks Forum rules.

Locopells
10-07-2012, 04:52 PM
And that's why I suggested deleting this sorta thing - it's only gonna make people curious.

projectpat06
10-08-2012, 05:54 AM

Well, I was just making predictions based on that picture. The guy on the left looks similar to Connor but not exactly like him plus he has that hidden blade with assassin emblem on his right arm. I had heard something about Hatham Kenway being from England but apparently he is an Assassin as the guy above mentioned.

dewgel
10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
By the way, I was thinking of something.

All the internet dudes are going on about Ubisoft have cut certain portions of the Patriot killing scenes out of the trailer.

How do we know that they simply didn't just add them scenes in to the UK one to re-assure us of the neutrality that Connor will have.

I mean, yeah I can see how it looks, but you know, the Brits have moaned so much maybe Ubi thought "Ok, add this extra scene in and swap some dialogue for them"

pacmanate
10-08-2012, 02:29 PM
By the way, I was thinking of something.

All the internet dudes are going on about Ubisoft have cut certain portions of the Patriot killing scenes out of the trailer.

How do we know that they simply didn't just add them scenes in to the UK one to re-assure us of the neutrality that Connor will have.

I mean, yeah I can see how it looks, but you know, the Brits have moaned so much maybe Ubi thought "Ok, add this extra scene in and swap some dialogue for them"

Because they would rather take away scenes that would make Americans sad than to just tell Brits that he is neutral.

AaronOliver2012
10-08-2012, 10:38 PM
This was a great trailer! Really liked the emphasis on Connor/Ratohnhaké:ton's position as a Mohawk assassin among the colonist forces :D One thing that I'm wodering, though, am I wrong or was it the Old North Church that was falling down as part of the trailer? It looked like it to me but I'm not that knowledgeable about all the landmarks. I wasn't aware that the Old North Church was destroyed though so could this possibly be one of the deviations from the general historical accuracy?

...And I can't wait to play as the younger Connor as much as possible, he's been designed with a really adorable smile, voice and manner :D

DAFOC
10-09-2012, 02:27 AM
Because they would rather take away scenes that would make Americans sad than to just tell Brits that he is neutral.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Assassin_M
10-09-2012, 02:29 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Dude.......... Too much

pacmanate
10-09-2012, 07:33 AM

Dafoc?!

FirestarLuva
10-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Well hes obviously banging something!

I am going to shed a tear when this scene happens in the game.

I already cried through the whole trailer yet alone during the game! XD
Really love how much spirit Ubi has put into the game, Ezio's story was very emotional, we followed him from birth, got to know him and could relate more to his character by each game. As for Connor, I'm sure his story will probably be the saddest as we all know what the natives endured during those times. :(

pacmanate
10-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Really love how much spirit Ubi has put into the game, Ezio's story was very emotional, we followed him from birth, got to know him and could relate more to his character by each game. As for Connor, I'm sure his story will probably be the saddest as we all know what the natives endured during those times. :(

I just realised I will be crying a lot during this game.. because it will be too awesome not to cry!

FirestarLuva
10-12-2012, 12:51 PM
I just realised I will be crying a lot during this game.. because it will be too awesome not to cry!

Hell yeah! :3 Can't handle le awesomeness! XD

HisSpiritLives
10-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Well we dont know how much he will survive,he will probably be last man standing.

kuled2012
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
I've watched this trailer at least 10 times and it still gives me the chills.