PDA

View Full Version : Connor in the French Revolution in the Future? [spoilers]

The_Dude360
10-04-2012, 04:41 AM
I may be looking too far into the future here ........ however I really do hope that there is a Linkage from AC III in the American Revolution to the French Revolution considering it was the American Revolution which sparked a desire and hope for revolution among many nations. I believe that Connors character with some effort could potentially be moved into France because his motivations of fighting for a just cause could also play in part in the French Revolution.
I'm about to let my historical imagination run wild here so please forgive my rambling in advance. Also note that although I do currently study history, I do not know EVERYTHING about history and the French Revolution but I will try to be as accurate as possible
In 1783, we see the end of the American Revolution with the signing of the peace treaty between Britain and the newly born United States. Perhaps we see Connor and his naval abilities bring him to France and we see him involved in that Revolution also. Something about seeing the palace of Versailles in AC for me would be so satisfying.
In this time period almost immediately after the American Revolution ending we see the French Revolution start from 1789 - 1799. The King of France, Louis XIV was executed in 1792 when a republic was proclaimed so with an execution of a high political figure, there is always room for some alternate stories. Assassinated :)? There was so much political injustice during this time in France. In my opinion, Connors mind set of fighting for what is right and just would fit perfectly. After the execution of Louis XIV, France entered a period of virtual dictatorship and a man named Robespierre and his following the Jacobin rose to power and brought a time known as The Reign of Terror from 1793 to 1794 responsible for 16 000 - 40 000 deaths. In 1795, Robespierre would be executed and his following would fall. The Directory then took control of France until Napoleon Bonaparte would perform a coup d'etat in 1799 and elect himself First Consul. After only five years .... Napoleon became the Emperor of France. Napoleon was famous for being one of the greatest military commanders of all time due to his great success, often when significantly outnumbered (which could leave some wiggle-room for him to possess an Apple of Eden?) We then see France enter the Napoleonic wars which involved every major European power. Then there is the fall of Napoleon, his exile to Elba, and his Remarkable 100 Day march in which Napoleon escaped from the small isolated island of Elba near the Mediterranean, sailed back to France, and rallied over 200 000 men to try to overthrow the French King. Napoleon was narrowly defeated by the French army and then exiled again in 1815 to St. Helena where he would later die in 1821.
A remarkable story and definitely some breathing room to be potentially manipulated into another AC game ? Maybe I'm clutching at straws here but it's fun to ponder about historical time periods that could fit into the AC series.
The only problem I could foreshadow would be Connors attachment to his Native land and not wanting to leave his people/village behind, as well as his age as we do not know his age during the American Revolution. Estimating Connor is 25 in 1776 during the Revolution, this would make Connor almost 50 in 1800. Or maybe an Assassin who witnesses Connors work is then inspired do the same for his country of France? It might be a little far-fetched, but hey, I'm just trying to create some discussion and encourage some ideas.
Sorry if this article is messy, I tried to keep it clean and make it easy to read but it might seem like historical non-sense to some :P
I hope you enjoyed my take on a potential French Revolution sequel!

kriegerdesgottes
10-04-2012, 04:53 AM
I would love to see Connor take a trip to France to deal with the French Revolution. It would still have some characters from the last game being there. Thomas Paine was there and I find the story behind the French Revolution fascinating and it fits the AC story perfectly as well as the country itself.

Will_Lucky
10-04-2012, 04:57 AM
Ezio went on until he was 52, it is possible but ultimately we have to ask ourselves is it the norm? Altair had a child young, Ezio obviously didn't (at least legitimately) and we don't know if Connor will have a child a year after AC3 or 20.

Assassin_M
10-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Ezio went on until he was 52, it is possible but ultimately we have to ask ourselves is it the norm? Altair had a child young, Ezio obviously didn't (at least legitimately) and we don't know if Connor will have a child a year after AC3 or 20.
Connor is such a Badass, He does not have children, but is still the ancestor of Desmond..

NOLA_Assassin
10-04-2012, 05:17 AM
I don't know, I don't think it will be. However, I do believe that AC 4 will be the French Revolution with a new modern day character.

MRNMRSPACER
10-04-2012, 05:21 AM
I don't know, I don't think it will be. However, I do believe that AC 4 will be the French Revolution with a new modern day character.
yeah i agree with this...im pretty sure i heard Alex say he didnt want to do another trilogy of games with the same assassin

GreatBeyonder
10-04-2012, 05:50 AM
I imagine Connor versus Robespierre, with a young Napoleon popping up...

deskp
10-04-2012, 06:01 AM

I dont think so. it wouldnt be a new time period, its just a little later than ac3. if the french revolution happens it's way in the future, or a ac3,5 type of game.

NOLA_Assassin
10-04-2012, 07:00 AM
I dont think so. it wouldnt be a new time period, its just a little later than ac3. if the french revolution happens it's way in the future, or a ac3,5 type of game.

Yeah, but I don't think it'll be Connor. I don't know how many Native Americans were in the French Revolution but I'd bet none. I have a feeling it will be a different series altogether.

projectpat06
10-04-2012, 07:03 AM
yeah i agree with this...im pretty sure i heard Alex say he didnt want to do another trilogy of games with the same assassin

He's not fond of a trilogy with the same character, but he did say if the fans come to like Connor then they will probably give him a sequel. The French Revolution fits perfectly when considering they won't be able to revamp all the mechanics again within a year. They can just improve on them, add on new ideas, and expand on the old ones. AC4 needs more than a year plus they will want to put it on the console so this could be the right time to introduce a new character with victorian london or something.

Moultonborough
10-04-2012, 09:18 AM

He did in fact say that. I don't think it would go over well with the fans if Ubisoft did another trilogy. Off Topic: Good job taking my Sig. Looks great.:rolleyes:

dewgel
10-04-2012, 09:30 AM
He's not fond of a trilogy with the same character, but he did say if the fans come to like Connor then they will probably give him a sequel. The French Revolution fits perfectly when considering they won't be able to revamp all the mechanics again within a year. They can just improve on them, add on new ideas, and expand on the old ones. AC4 needs more than a year plus they will want to put it on the console so this could be the right time to introduce a new character with victorian london or something.

My theory :

AC4 development has already began, again with a small batallion of peeps. It'll be next-gen.

Same as Brotherhood, the core team branch out to make a spin-off / sequel.

Alex Hutch said if people like Connor it will "fit in with future plans", so they'll bring him back. If there's a poor reaction, they'll probably re-write whatever they've already planned.

Moultonborough
10-04-2012, 09:41 AM
They didn't start AC 3 development until January '10. I would guess they want a little break before starting the next one. And again taking their time to make it.

alientraveller
10-04-2012, 10:22 AM
I've thought about the notion of Connor coming to France with Thomas Jefferson and sticking around to ensure the Revolution doesn't get out of hand. Naturally there's a whole raft of assassination targets including Robespierre ready to be implemented within the story. The question is Napoleon himself, as it impacts the length of the game and whether it covers just the Revolutionary Wars or the whole shebang from 1789 to 1815.

GreatBeyonder
10-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Prepare for Assassin's Creed: Fraternite followed by Assassin's Creed: Révolution.

"La libération de Paris a commencé!"

kriegerdesgottes
10-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah, but I don't think it'll be Connor. I don't know how many Native Americans were in the French Revolution but I'd bet none. I have a feeling it will be a different series altogether.

I don't think it would make sense to make an entirely new character set only 10 years after the events of ACIII. Especially if Connor is well received which I believe he will be. If they make a game for the French Revolution I strongly believe they would use Connor. And for anyone saying that natives would never be in Europe, Pocahontas died in England.

FirestarLuva
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm sure there will be another Connor game next years since Alex mentioned several times that they've already planned next year's game with Connor, so I'm guessing most of the team that worked on AC3 will work on this spin-off.
As for Connor being well received, if it depends on that, we can all pretty much say that there's no doubt a Connor spin-off is legit. I mean, I'm sure most of you noticed how much Connor is popular, even though people know almost nothing about him, or his story. There was already fanart, stories and whatnot of him a few weeks after he was first announced. As for fangirls and fanboys, Connor probably has just as much or even more than previous protagonists. I've seen so many people obsessed with him that some of those obsessions can be considered 'unhealthy'. Like for example, at my school there's not a day when the name 'Connor' isn't mentioned. XD
And even if Connor isn't well-received (which won't happen in a thousand years), I'm sure the devs would still pull a Connor spin-off since they've said multiple times that they love him and would like to put him in more things than just a game. :p

eagleforlife1
10-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Assuming Connor was born in 1755, he would only be 34 at the outbreak of the revolution and 44 by the time it has ended.

FirestarLuva
10-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Assuming Connor was born in 1755, he would only be 34 at the outbreak of the revolution and 44 by the time it has ended.

Um, if Connor is born in 1755, and the game ends in 1783, he'll be 28 by the end.

kriegerdesgottes
10-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Um, if Connor is born in 1755, and the game ends in 1783, he'll be 28 by the end.

I think he means the French Revolution

eagleforlife1
10-04-2012, 06:31 PM

Um, this thread is about the French Revolution. The French Revolution ran from 1789 until 1799.

GreatBeyonder
10-05-2012, 03:10 AM
There were still plenty of American conflicts after the War of Independance. The Indian Wars, the Northwest Indian War, the War of 1812... not to mention all the wars fought against piracy. The first fifty years of the country were focused on securing soverignty and respect, which essentially meant killing a great many pirates and angry Indians. Connor will have his hands very full after the game without need of heading to France.

kriegerdesgottes
10-05-2012, 03:11 AM
There were still plenty of American conflicts after the War of Independance. The Indian Wars, the Northwest Indian War, the War of 1812... not to mention all the wars fought against piracy. The first fifty years of the country were focused on securing soverignty and respect, which essentially meant killing a great many pirates and angry Indians. Connor will have his hands very full after the game without need of heading to France.

France is cooler though.

there76
10-05-2012, 04:08 AM

Connor was not born in 1755. The developers have said we will play Connor for 30 years of his life. The game ends in 1783, minus that with 30 and you get 1753.

eagleforlife1
10-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Connor was not born in 1755. The developers have said we will play Connor for 30 years of his life. The game ends in 1783, minus that with 30 and you get 1753.

There was a video released in which they accidentally revealed that he was born in 1755. Presumably, you play as Haytham Kenway in 1753.

andre982d
11-10-2012, 03:05 PM

Connor was born in 1756.

eagleforlife1
11-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Connor was born in 1756.

Really? I don't suppose you have proof do you? For some reason my database entry for him has gone missing, I can't find it anywhere despite reading it when he was 5 in 1760 in the Mohawk village.

andre982d
11-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Really? I don't suppose you have proof do you?

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ratonhnhaké:ton

eagleforlife1
11-10-2012, 03:16 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ratonhnhaké:ton

They haven't even left a citation for it though. I am sure you are right though.

andre982d
11-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Connor was born in 1756. Haytham's last memories are from July 1755 and it takes around nine months of pregnancy for him to have been born. Kanen'tó:kon's database article lists a birth date of 1756 and mentions that Connor was the same age.

supermoc10
11-10-2012, 03:27 PM
I had a similar idea a few months ago. I personally love Connor and would love to see him in another game. As for his age, according to the wiki, he was born in 1756, meaning he'd be 33. If Ezio fought until being 55, I think Connor could handle a second revolution at 33.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Ratonhnhaké:ton is still in his 20s so obviously another game's not a problem at all, even during 1799. But I'm not sure how would the French Revolution really fit him. This is something I see more fitting for Aveline.

playassassins1
11-10-2012, 03:35 PM
It would be cool to see him in the french revolution... But I don't know how that would work out with what happened, in the end of AC III...

eagleforlife1
11-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Ratonhnhaké:ton is still in his 20s so obviously another game's not a problem at all, even during 1799. But I'm not sure how would the French Revolution really fit him. This is something I see more fitting for Aveline.

Joseph Brant visited France in the 1800s.

Razrback16
11-10-2012, 04:09 PM
The thing for me is that I wish they would move the story a bit slower, but with more detail. It seemed like they tried to push AC3's events too quickly. I don't care if there are multiple games spanning a big event like the American Revolution or French Revolution, just make it very detailed so you feel truly immersed. AC3 felt like I was just being bounced around to a bunch of different sites killing people with very little explanation or back story. And while I didn't like Connor much as a character, I greatly prefer the Ezio route as far as building an epic character, and then developing him over several games so you really have an attachment to the character and feel more immersed.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Joseph Brant visited France in the 1800s.
Yes and? Ratonhnhaké:ton is not Brant. Aveline has french heritage.

TheHumanTowel
11-10-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't really think the French revolution would fit Connor. After the way the colonists treated him I don't think he'd throw in with another band of revolutionaries right after. Plus he doesn't really have any motivation to help them. He was only helping the colonists because he thought they would protect his people. Also you'd have to get him to France somehow.

BBALive
11-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Nah, not Connor. I like him and everything, but I'd want a new character if they did the French Revolution/Napoleonic Wars. I don't think it's Connor's fight.

I want more Lafayette.

Em-Man
11-10-2012, 05:48 PM
I can't even begin to imagine why people would want The French and American revolution over ancient Egypt, the Mayan/Aztec civilization, ancient/medieval China.
I don't see the appeal to see a bunch of European looking buildings and irrelevant politics. Why not go way back to see the pyramids getting built? Or to see how the First Civilization still had influence on humanity or even SEE the First Civilization in FLESH?

With the power of the animus, you would think that people would want to go way back to experience badly-recorded history. Instead people choose settings we already know every detail about. How exciting is that?

BBALive
11-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I can't even begin to imagine why people would want The French and American revolution over ancient Egypt, the Mayan/Aztec civilization, ancient/medieval China.
I don't see the appeal to see a bunch of European looking buildings and irrelevant politics. Why not go way back to see the pyramids getting built? Or to see how the First Civilization still had influence on humanity or even SEE the First Civilization in FLESH?

With the power of the animus, you would think that people would want to go way back to experience badly-recorded history. Instead people choose settings we already know every detail about. How exciting is that?

You make it seem like we only have one choice of setting. Any underused video game setting is exciting. There's a long list of settings and time periods I'd personally like AC, or any other series to explore. The French Revolution is just one of them.

Elegana
11-10-2012, 09:54 PM

Alex Hutchinson said that Feudal Japan, Ancient Egypt, and WW2 are the worst settings for an AC game.

"People on the Internet suggest the most boring settings," said Hutchinson. "The three most wanted are WWII, feudal Japan and Egypt. They're kind of the three worst settings for an AC game."
-Alex Hutchinson.

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/04/ubisoft-assassins-creed-iii-was-never-going-to-be-set-in-ancient-egypt-feudal-japan-or-world-war-ii

Elegana
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I can see Connor in the French Revolution. Hell, it was even hinted in AC3 with Lafayette. He mentioned that he would like to take Connor to see France and wants to turn France's black heart into a glowing one. AC3 ended in 1782 (IIRC) and the French Revolution starts in 1789. Native Americans did go to over to Europe and Europeans did know about the Native Americans, so its not that far-fetched.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-10-2012, 10:23 PM
The reason I'm not really into this idea is that the story of AC3 was not just "this guy is an Assassin who wants to fight injustice in general". It was also in big part specifically about his own people. If it was only about the general fight against injustice, I would have no problems with him going anywhere in the world. But the Native aspect is integral part of him and his story to me and it would be completely gone in Revolutionary France/Paris. Nothing there would have anything to do with the Mohawks or any other Native Americans.

Em-Man
11-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Alex Hutchinson said that Feudal Japan, Ancient Egypt, and WW2 are the worst settings for an AC game.

Feudal Japan I can understand, WW2 I can understand, but Egypt? What a waste of potential.
But Alex Hutchinsons tastes are irrelevant. Everything falls down to what the writers think is relevant to the overarching plot, or what Ubisoft thinks is profitable. With Juno in the equation, we will hopefully see some ancient settings. If not Egypt, we have the Mayans, the Aztecs, the Incas, the Babylonians, ancient China, ancient India, the Tiwanaku, ancient Atlantis, really anything that can be linked to the First Civilization.

But yeah, the French Revolution is where the money is at apparently so Ubisoft will most likely go with that.

Elegana
11-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Feudal Japan I can understand, WW2 I can understand, but Egypt? What a waste of potential.
But Alex Hutchinsons tastes are irrelevant. Everything falls down to what the writers think is relevant to the overarching plot, or what Ubisoft thinks is profitable. With Juno in the equation, we will hopefully see some ancient settings. If not Egypt, we have the Mayans, the Aztecs, the Incas, the Babylonians, ancient China, ancient India, the Tiwanaku, ancient Atlantis, really anything that can be linked to the First Civilization.

But yeah, the French Revolution is where the money is at apparently so Ubisoft will most likely go with that.
Not sure if you played Liberation on the Vita, but Aveline does travel to Mexico and explore Mayan temples which had First Civ technology and such. Aveline does retrieve two pieces of a disk and her amulet is part of the disk... which then shows her a memory of people talking about Eve leading a rebellion.

FirestarLuva
11-11-2012, 12:16 AM
I'd love a French Revolution game with Connor. It wouldn't be fare if we only get one game with him. I mean, we played with him for only 9 sequences, while in AC2 Ezio had 14. No wonder some people say they couldn't connect with him no matter how hard they try. And Ubi did drop a few hints about the setting for a new Connor game. I find it hard to believe that conversation with Lafayette was in vain. I doubt they would create an entirely new protagonist just for the French Revolution when Connor is hardly 27 by the end of AC3.
Also, why would Connor go to France? Well for those who have finished the game, Connor has lost everything he ever had, everything that linked him to the place has been broken. His people are gone, family is dead, everyone in the Homestead are happy, he got betrayed and hated by everyone, so why wouldn't he consider Lafayette's request. Maybe another tragedy might happen at the beginning of the next game, ex. the Homestead getting burned to the ground, I can see Ubi pulling a ACB-Monteriggioni twist or something similar that will motivate Connor to go there, (and to get fans pissed off for spending countless hours rebuilding that place).
Also, what IF, Haytham is alive?! Connor left his body where he killed him, so it's possible someone rescued him and nursed him back to health. I wouldn't have a problem with Haytham returning as the main villan, just as long it isn't another Luke/Vader cliche.
To sum up, if they do decide French Revolution with Connor, I'd rather have them release it in 2014 than 2013, so they can have more time to make it better. :3

Em-Man
11-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Not sure if you played Liberation on the Vita, but Aveline does travel to Mexico and explore Mayan temples which had First Civ technology and such. Aveline does retrieve two pieces of a disk and her amulet is part of the disk... which then shows her a memory of people talking about Eve leading a rebellion.

Woah! That sounds amazing and that is exactly what the past storylines should contain and what AC3 lacked. Too bad I don't have a Vita.
Will take a closer look at this, thanks for sharing!

Elegana
11-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Woah! That sounds amazing and that is exactly what the past storylines should contain and what AC3 lacked. Too bad I don't have a Vita.
Will take a closer look at this, thanks for sharing!
No problem. :)

projectpat06
11-11-2012, 03:55 AM
The reason I'm not really into this idea is that the story of AC3 was not just "this guy is an Assassin who wants to fight injustice in general". It was also in big part specifically about his own people. If it was only about the general fight against injustice, I would have no problems with him going anywhere in the world. But the Native aspect is integral part of him and his story to me and it would be completely gone in Revolutionary France/Paris. Nothing there would have anything to do with the Mohawks or any other Native Americans.

Yeah I would miss having that native aspect of the game, but if you think about it, Connor really doesn't have anyone left in America. He ended the Templar threat in his area so it would make sense for him to take his fight against the templars to where the Colonial templars originated. I think it would be cool to see him in London and Paris in the next game. The french revolution is great in terms of carrying over themes from AC3 plus there were a lot spies going back and forth between England and France. The wilderness between the two big cities would be perfect to carry over the frontier aspects.

dbuddy101
11-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah I would miss having that native aspect of the game, but if you think about it, Connor really doesn't have anyone left in America. He ended the Templar threat in his area so it would make sense for him to take his fight against the templars to where the Colonial templars originated. I think it would be cool to see him in London and Paris in the next game. The french revolution is great in terms of carrying over themes from AC3 plus there were a lot spies going back and forth between England and France. The wilderness between the two big cities would be perfect to carry over the frontier aspects. Yeah, I have to very much agree. Another interesting idea is that it would be interesting to see how people in France would react to a Native American, as they have only really heard about them. Their questions and interactions would be cool to see. It would also be kind of cool to see him go to London, and since he kind of helped push the colonial cause.

Iamsosobad
11-11-2012, 07:20 PM
French Revolution sounds cool, and has lots of potential to be a good game. However, I didn't like Connor much in AC3, so he's gonna need a lot of character development in a possible sequel to make him a more dimensional character.

Also, I think Ezio was born in 1459, so during the climax of Brotherhood he'd be 44. Connor was probably born in 1755, so in 1799 (end of the French Revolution) he'd be the same age.

andre982d
11-11-2012, 08:05 PM
In AC3, there are many things that point to the French Revolution as a sequel to Connor's story. The most obvious is that the French Revolution took place from 1789 to 1799.

French Campaign in Egypt and Syria (1798–1801) --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_campaign_in_Egypt_and_Syria

Possible assassination target --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Baptiste_Kleber

mashroot
11-12-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't really like Connor nearly as much as Ezio, nor do I like his weapons as much as Ezio's, but if UBI is going to continue his story in the next game, then I think that the French Revolution is perfect! If this is the case, then I hope that we get a dark and twisted story about evil aristocrats and a very corrupt monarchy that is over taxing and abusing the poor starving working class. Also, Ezio's multifunction hidden blade is a couple of centuries old by Connor's time, so shouldn't we have a more modern version that surpasses it?

I'm actually hoping that we will eventually get an Assassin's Creed game that takes place during the industrial revolution and the great depression eras of the United States. I would love to help Nikola Tesla and visit his wardenclyffe tower, maybe see UBI's take on the Tunguska Explosion, and so forth. Those were amazing eras with many fascinating people and events that would make for a truly incredible story! And, I would prefer using a revolver, or semi automatic to taking 20 seconds to reload a flintlock after every shot.

BBALive
11-12-2012, 02:23 PM
I don't really like Connor nearly as much as Ezio, nor do I like his weapons as much as Ezio's, but if UBI is going to continue his story in the next game, then I think that the French Revolution is perfect! If this is the case, then I hope that we get a dark and twisted story about evil aristocrats and a very corrupt monarchy that is over taxing and abusing the poor starving working class. Also, Ezio's multifunction hidden blade is a couple of centuries old by Connor's time, so shouldn't we have a more modern version that surpasses it?

I'm actually hoping that we will eventually get an Assassin's Creed game that takes place during the industrial revolution and the great depression eras of the United States. I would love to help Nikola Tesla and visit his wardenclyffe tower, maybe see UBI's take on the Tunguska Explosion, and so forth. Those were amazing eras with many fascinating people and events that would make for a truly incredible story! And, I would prefer using a revolver, or semi automatic to taking 20 seconds to reload a flintlock after every shot.

There's a risk of turning Assassin's Creed into a third person shooter, which I'm sure most people do not want.

I'd prefer the early Industrial Revolution in England. I think the dense cities and cramped streets would be an assassin's haven. We'd be combining what was good about the cities in AC3 and the cities in all of the other games.

RyokuMC
11-12-2012, 03:13 PM
6 moths after the events of the game Connor stills limping, he cant run anymore. Its impossible he be an assassin

Thats my point of view

F4H bandicoot
11-12-2012, 05:37 PM
In regards to Egypt, I think it would be cool to go there in short bursts, a whole game wouldn't work imo, because of the nature of the location, (in terms of its towns and stuff), If we do go there, I think it will have a lot to do with TWCB, Egypt has a lot of unexplained and strange stuff going on, Sphinx being more eroded than it should, the shoddy quality of the pyramids from the time after the Giza pyramids , and all the other slightly weird stuff. Therefore, the Dev's could use this to their advantage in telling us about TWCB, some may have survived to this point in time (as one was still around in the greek era, it would make sense) and briefly (by there standards) been involved in the shaping of Egyptian society. There was also a temple battery there, which could be used as a reason to go there, see if there was any involvement.
Same could be said about a lot of the ancient civilizations though. They all have similar stories which could be used within the AC universe (and have been already as part of glyphs and stuff)

Em-Man
11-12-2012, 06:09 PM
In regards to Egypt, I think it would be cool to go there in short bursts, a whole game wouldn't work imo, because of the nature of the location, (in terms of its towns and stuff), If we do go there, I think it will have a lot to do with TWCB, Egypt has a lot of unexplained and strange stuff going on, Sphinx being more eroded than it should, the shoddy quality of the pyramids from the time after the Giza pyramids , and all the other slightly weird stuff. Therefore, the Dev's could use this to their advantage in telling us about TWCB, some may have survived to this point in time (as one was still around in the greek era, it would make sense) and briefly (by there standards) been involved in the shaping of Egyptian society. There was also a temple battery there, which could be used as a reason to go there, see if there was any involvement.
Same could be said about a lot of the ancient civilizations though. They all have similar stories which could be used within the AC universe (and have been already as part of glyphs and stuff)

Happy to see that more people realize the potential of going WAY back in the animus.
Imagine seeing a new, fresh, shiny pyramid getting built with the help of the pieces of eden. Imagine Ubisoft explaining all of these ancient mysteries todays archaeologists has been scratching their heads about. And about the location being unfitting in terms of towns and stuff, this did not stop them from doing AC3 which in retrospect people considered unfitting due to the lack of big towns, but they made it work (sort of). Not only that, the magical thing about exploring anceint not-so-well-recorded history is that they have a bigger freedom of doing exactly what they want. What if egypt was a jungle? What if egypt had a HUGE city with many pyramid-like buildings? What if these cities and jungles died due to a big piece of eden catastrophic explosion? You get the idea, they have the power to do anything they want because of the vauge historical records, that's the magic of the animus.

But instead people want victorian england, the american and french revolution and other setting that I would consider irrelevant.
Have you guys even questioned how this French Revolution setting would tie in to the overarching plot?

Em-Man
11-12-2012, 07:14 PM
I would love to help Nikola Tesla and visit his wardenclyffe tower, maybe see UBI's take on the Tunguska Explosion, and so forth. Those were amazing eras with many fascinating people and events that would make for a truly incredible story!

Has already been done in Assassins Creed: The Fall.
Great comic with a lot of present day stuff too, a must read for any AC fan.

F4H bandicoot
11-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Happy to see that more people realize the potential of going WAY back in the animus.
Imagine seeing a new, fresh, shiny pyramid getting built with the help of the pieces of eden. Imagine Ubisoft explaining all of these ancient mysteries todays archaeologists has been scratching their heads about. And about the location being unfitting in terms of towns and stuff, this did not stop them from doing AC3 which in retrospect people considered unfitting due to the lack of big towns, but they made it work (sort of). Not only that, the magical thing about exploring anceint not-so-well-recorded history is that they have a bigger freedom of doing exactly what they want. What if egypt was a jungle? What if egypt had a HUGE city with many pyramid-like buildings? What if these cities and jungles died due to a big piece of eden catastrophic explosion? You get the idea, they have the power to do anything they want because of the vauge historical records, that's the magic of the animus.

But instead people want Victorian England, the American and French revolution and other setting that I would consider irrelevant.
Have you guys even questioned how this French Revolution setting would tie in to the overarching plot?

The only issue is, free running would take a truly massive hit, and there's no real reason to go there. It'd have to be quite forced storywise.
They'd have to probably use TWCB as a reason, who knows, although I do think that it would be interesting to go there just because of the myths and obvious connections we can make to TWCB.

Frontier wouldn't work in Egypt either, so there's another reason not to have that location as a full, playable game.

Em-Man
11-12-2012, 11:27 PM
The only issue is, free running would take a truly massive hit, and there's no real reason to go there. It'd have to be quite forced storywise.
They'd have to probably use TWCB as a reason, who knows, although I do think that it would be interesting to go there just because of the myths and obvious connections we can make to TWCB.
Are you referring to the French Revolution now? In that case, yes it would probably feel very forced storywise. But if you mean Egypt, I don't think it would be forced at all. We already know that the pyramids have some kind of connection to TWCB, and the civilization would have probably been extremely influenced by first civ culture. Would open a lot of possibilities to find a way to stop Juno. But settings being forced storywise has not stopped them from making a whole game dedicated to colonial America. The only connection the past storyline had with the present in AC3 was the key Desmond needed to open the gate. And that key could have been anywhere in the world.

Frontier wouldn't work in Egypt either, so there's another reason not to have that location as a full, playable game.

As far as I know, Sahara has not always been a dessert. I'm pretty sure that it was a tropical forest once. But yeah, if ubisoft don't want to commit to the whole "pyramids surrounded by forest" thing, it is a valid issue to the setting.

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Are you referring to the French Revolution now? In that case, yes it would probably feel very forced storywise. But if you mean Egypt, I don't think it would be forced at all. We already know that the pyramids have some kind of connection to TWCB, and the civilization would have probably been extremely influenced by first civ culture. Would open a lot of possibilities to find a way to stop Juno. But settings being forced storywise has not stopped them from making a whole game dedicated to colonial America. The only connection the past storyline had with the present in AC3 was the key Desmond needed to open the gate. And that key could have been anywhere in the world.

As far as I know, Sahara has not always been a dessert. I'm pretty sure that it was a tropical forest once. But yeah, if ubisoft don't want to commit to the whole "pyramids surrounded by forest" thing, it is a valid issue to the setting.

No, FR flows from where we are, we already have links. Going to Egypt would need a reason, a reason we don't yet have. Therefore new plot points, so could feel forced.

It was tropical millions of years ago.

Em-Man
11-13-2012, 12:39 AM
No, FR flows from where we are, we already have links. Going to Egypt would need a reason, a reason we don't yet have. Therefore new plot points, so could feel forced.
Sorry? I don't really follow how France flows with Juno taking over the world?
Yeah, yeah. I get it, you mean Connors potential travel to France. But that's not really enough now is it?

I really don't see how ancient Egypt would feel more forced than Colonial America, considering ancient Egypt having potential strong influence by the First Civilization, and Colonial America having absolutely nothing whatsoever except for one key. But now I'm just repeating myself. I hope you get the message.

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Sorry? I don't really follow how France flows with Juno taking over the world?
Yeah, yeah. I get it, you mean Connors potential travel to France. But that's not really enough now is it?

I really don't see how ancient Egypt would feel more forced than Colonial America, considering ancient Egypt having potential strong influence by the First Civilization, and Colonial America having absolutely nothing whatsoever except for one key. But now I'm just repeating myself. I hope you get the message.

Yeah I understand your point :)
I would guess however, that rather than Egpyt, the Mayans era would/should take the role, most of the mythology is remarkably similar IRL, and it would work very well with the step pyramids and the jungle would serve as the frontier equivalent.
TWCB would have had a similar impact on the Mayans. and everything else would work, would tie in nicely with Aveline and liberation to I think.

Charles_Phipps
11-14-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't want to go to Egypt for the following reasons:

1. I think the Assassins and Templars should get their names during the Crusades. Whatever they were before should be named something else.
2. The cultural differences would be WAY WAY WAY more different.
3. I prefer moving forward.

But yes, I'd like to see an older and more mature Connor. I'd like to think after the events of AC 3, he becomes a sea captain and spends most of his time on the Aquila. He's become too cosmopolitan for his tribe, sadly.