PDA

View Full Version : WTF happened to Connor's Hidden blades?

Kit572
10-03-2012, 09:52 AM
I noticed this while watching The Making of Assassins Creed 3 - Origins (Part 1).

I didn't find any other threads about this, so I might be the first to notice this, but has anyone noticed this as well?

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/ZayneCleric/WTF.jpg

Its probably just a glitch, but seriously, did anyone else notice this?

(NOTE: The first hidden blade being very long is probably normal, but seriously, look at the second)

Legendz54
10-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Well the hidden blade can be swivelled and turned into a dagger so its probably doing that.

BBALive
10-03-2012, 10:08 AM
You can upgrade/alter the hidden blades. It isn't a glitch.

Well the hidden blade can be swivelled and turned into a dagger so its probably doing that.

Only the left hidden blade can pivot into a knife, unless we can upgrade the right hidden blade to do the same.

Kit572
10-03-2012, 10:10 AM

So you can make the hidden blade come out the right side of your wrist instead of the way its supposed too? (Sarcasm, I'm not stupid.)

I agree, that seems to be the only explanation.

Legendz54
10-03-2012, 10:10 AM

Only the left hidden blade can pivot into a knife, unless we can upgrade the right hidden blade to do the same.

That would be cool.

Kit572
10-03-2012, 10:12 AM
I wonder If we can still fight with the hidden blade the original way instead of turning it into a knife? I would prefer to fight with the hidden blade, the original way.

Legendz54
10-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I wonder If we can still fight with the hidden blade the original way instead of turning it into a knife? I would prefer to fight with the hidden blade, the original way.

Im not sure about that, you can still assassinate the normal way and stab... But when you go into combat it has to be dual wielding.. its either the hidden blade turns into a knife during combat or you may be able to choose.

Kit572
10-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Im not sure about that, you can still assassinate the normal way and stab... But when you go into combat it has to be dual wielding.. its either the hidden blade turns into a knife during combat or you may be able to choose.
I hope we can choose... As much as I like the new hidden blade design, I still want to fight with it like in the other games.

I want to fight with a hidden blade, not a dagger. If I wanted to fight with a dagger, I would fight with a dagger xD.

projectpat06
10-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Watch at the end of making of Assassins creed 3 part 3, connor goes from using the left hidden blade as a knife to using both hidden blades normally with multiple stabs.

Kit572
10-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Watch at the end of making of Assassins creed 3 part 3, connor goes from using the left hidden blade as a knife to using both hidden blades normally with multiple stabs.

I can't find the video, can you give me a link?

projectpat06
10-03-2012, 11:36 AM
watch at 5:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E_DG5YvbEDg

pacmanate
10-03-2012, 03:39 PM
I noticed this too, the hidden blade never seemed to come from his wrist haha. It is not cause it is swivelling. I have seen videos where he attacks animals and all that good stuff and his blade is off centre.

Markaccus
10-03-2012, 04:17 PM
It might be just because they are trying to make it suit the fighting style of a native american from that time. An angle on the blade would lend itself to lots of quick slices accross the body (I would assume).

shop456BBC121
11-02-2012, 10:37 AM
I've watched the left hidden blade, also I've looked at my Connor figurine, which has the same blade. It's a dagger not a hidden blade, it's an actual dagger on the wrist brace that pops out like a hidden blade, has a handle and everything, it pivots and he grabs it for combat. Problem is my figure shows the handle being the part that pops out first, but I know I can assassinate with it and double assassinate.. so surely the blade pops out first? However looking at the blade in game and seeing it as the same on my figure, and it being different from the right hidden I can confirm it's a dagger.