PDA

View Full Version : playing along to mp3 whilst in the amp room

shihdo
10-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Hi all hoping somebody with an eggsboxs can answer this for me, I seen a post somewhere (possibly on rs facebook page) that they were able to go into the amp room and then start playing their own mp3's ( via xmb or eggsbox equivalent )and jam along to them, now, ive tried this today on my PS3 and it wont work, just tells me i cant do this without stopping the game, so my question is.....is this possible on xbox or have i misread the post..... if its not possible ( a question for the devs here ) could it be made possible via a patch at some point in the future as I know games like hot pursuit etc did have this function. Just like the thought of sticking a mad solo in the middle of rolling in the deep or something.

JTCoop
10-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Hi all hoping somebody with an eggsboxs can answer this for me, I seen a post somewhere (possibly on rs facebook page) that they were able to go into the amp room and then start playing their own mp3's ( via xmb or eggsbox equivalent )and jam along to them, now, ive tried this today on my PS3 and it wont work, just tells me i cant do this without stopping the game, so my question is.....is this possible on xbox or have i misread the post..... if its not possible ( a question for the devs here ) could it be made possible via a patch at some point in the future as I know games like hot pursuit etc did have this function. Just like the thought of sticking a mad solo in the middle of rolling in the deep or something.

My Xbox seems capable of doing just one thing at a time, so I'm going to stick my neck out here and guess that whatever you read was just not very clearly written. Perhaps they were playing their MP3 on another device whilst playing along using their RS amp feature?

Also, seems there have been guys who have run their console audio output through their guitar amps. Lots of amps have input capability for MP3 players, so if you wanted to use the amp mode to play along with an MP3, that might be a way to do it.

(You've GOT to be from the UK! Don't see "whilst" very much elsewhere! ;) )

shihdo
10-01-2012, 10:17 PM
yep uk ;)

Rocksmith-Matt
10-01-2012, 10:30 PM
If you're on an xbox, you can press the xbox button, scroll over to media, and on the bottom, there's an option to "select music". this will let you listen to your own music while playing in amp mode. (You can also do this for any xbox game)

oldmrwhite
10-01-2012, 10:51 PM
I play my burned cds all the time,only way I get to jam with ZZ-top :)

Nematod180
10-01-2012, 11:56 PM
This would be a nice function on PS3 and maybe the possibility to watch youtube while in amp mode...

/dreaming..

KILLTRON_9000
10-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Here's workarounds for PS3 users:

If you are configured as recommended using analog audio out to a receiver, you can hook up an MP3 player/smart phone/CD player/etc this way :

A) If your receiver has an input with a corresponding output intended for a recording device like a cassette player, get a headphone jack to RCA Y cable and plug it into the OUT ports of that input. This allows you to inject audio into the pre-amp circuit as long as you have any other input selected. I've done this for years to play games with my own soundtrack, never thought to use it with Rocksmith though - going to try that tonight.
B) Get two RCA splitters, 2 female to male, and a headphone jack to Y cable, merge the L and R channels together for both devices, then plug the splitters into the receiver's input.
C) If you want to get fancy get a DJ mixer.

JTCoop
10-02-2012, 06:13 AM
I play my burned cds all the time,only way I get to jam with ZZ-top :)

Wait a minute. . . now I'm really confused. Matt blew me away with his info on how to listen to music while playing, but CDs? Since you've got to have the RS disk in the console to play RS, how would you listen to CDs simultaneously??? I clearly haven't explored the capabilities of the XBox console very much. (But, that's understandable given that the last time I did any serious exploring I ended up losing my entire game save data file. . . )

mbarsott
10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Or... you can practice with Guitar Rig or Amplitube free versions and your pc. You can plug your guitar into your pc with the RS real tone cable. With these applications, you can load any mp3 and even slow it down to play along at a comfortable pace.

I suggested the mp3 in amp mode thing to Ubisoft a while ago, but Amplitube and Guitar Rig let me to do even better. Actually this is one of the reasons I don't play RS everyday anymore.

Black_Widow9
10-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Wait a minute. . . now I'm really confused. Matt blew me away with his info on how to listen to music while playing, but CDs? Since you've got to have the RS disk in the console to play RS, how would you listen to CDs simultaneously??? I clearly haven't explored the capabilities of the XBox console very much. (But, that's understandable given that the last time I did any serious exploring I ended up losing my entire game save data file. . . )
You can burn one of your CD's to your Xbox then it would be in you Xbox music library and you can also connect an MP3 player using the USB port. ;)
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/audio-video-setup-and-use/play-media-from-portable-media-player