PDA

View Full Version : PC Audio Lag

Trixmallone
10-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Hi All,
Recently tried the PC version, but am experiencing audio lag. I understand that its the beta, so am happy to wait until release to see if things improve, but was wondering if any of you guys are having similar problems, and what I could do to fix it. MY PC is well over the recommended specs, so i doubt that's the problem. I've seen "ASIO4ALL" mentioned, but wouldn't have a clue what to do with it.

Any advice? Thanks in advance

Dave

Edit: I'm not sure if this is just me, but it seems like there is no lag when first playing, but after 30 mins or so I start hearing it. Very strange :S

FruitCakeRonin
10-01-2012, 07:25 PM
if it only happens after 30 min, maybe something on your computer is causing a slowdown. Do you have little space on your hard drive or a lot of programs running in the background ?
I think Asio4All is an audio driver that lets you use a guitar to record to your PC. And you need that installed to use the Real Tone cable with other audio software, thats probably why you've seen it mentioned. But you could try installing it and seeing if it makes any difference, I for one you be interested in that.

Trixmallone
10-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi, thanks for the response.

Yeah, I looked a bit more into the ASIO4ALL and you're right, its for using the cable with other programs. My computers recently been formatted and its running nice and smooth, and I'm running with nothing else loaded. I'm starting to think the lag after 30mins or so is just my perception, and it's always there and just gets more irritating over time :S

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'll keep having a dig into it and if I find out what it is I'll be sure to post.

usersrdum
10-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Here is a link to setup of audio for PC. Go to page 40 for the PC setup stuff.
http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/205190/manual_Win32_ENG.PDF?t=1348792207

Trixmallone
10-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the link. I've gone through it and it has helped drastically. It's still not quite as good as my xbox, but definitely playable. A shame I can't get it spot on though, as it can be a little distracting :)

I'll keep having a quick fiddle with the settings and see if I can get it sorted, but if not I'll wait and see if the problem goes on the final release before I start tearing my hair out over it.

Thanks again for your help