PDA

View Full Version : length of ac3?

ajl992008
09-30-2012, 08:51 PM
does anyone know the length of the main storyline of ac3? I don't care about side missions if they effect the main narrative in the case of brotherhood for example where there were loads of side missions but the main narrative was short, I hope its the longest in the series but does anyone have an article or vid confirming the length of the story? thanks in advance.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2012, 08:55 PM
40 hours is the number we've been given. That probably includes side content though. In any case, it has the same amount of sequences as AC2, plus way more Desmond story content than ever.

Assassin_M
09-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Its 12 Sequences, with some chunks of Desmond.. so it`ll be longer than AC II

AC II = 20-25 hours without Side Content..

ajl992008
09-30-2012, 08:58 PM
ac2 roughly took me 18-19 hours to complete so if its around 20-25 ill be pleased

MT4K
09-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Originally they said AC3 would be about 30 hours which probably meant closer to 20-25. The last figure they gave was about 40 hours which probably means more like 30-35.

Overall it depends how much actual roaming about you do and such. If you keep stopping to look at the scenery then it will take you far longer :D.

HisSpiritLives
09-30-2012, 09:17 PM
I think if you dont mean side content and stick directly to narrative i belive 20/25 h but with all side content i even think it will be 40 + maybe 45 xbecause they even said that side mission content is longer than main story.

theshankpimp19
09-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Story is like a minimum of 25 hours-ish

Aphex_Tim
09-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Originally they said AC3 would be about 30 hours which probably meant closer to 20-25. The last figure they gave was about 40 hours which probably means more like 30-35.

Overall it depends how much actual roaming about you do and such. If you keep stopping to look at the scenery then it will take you far longer :D.

Watching all of Connor's poses when standing still will be taking some time. :p

ajl992008
09-30-2012, 09:45 PM
of course i will do the side content because i learnt my lesson from brotherhood, i didn't do any side missions and just stuck to the main narrative because i was expecting it to be the length of ac2 because in interviews the devs kept saying it was the same length etc but it left a bad taste in my mouth when i completed it in 9 hours and found out the ending. its good to hear its going to be at the very least 20 hours.

MRNMRSPACER
09-30-2012, 10:19 PM
in a recent interview the mission director said that the main story was only 1/3 of ac3.2/3 is side stuff

monster_rambo
09-30-2012, 10:25 PM
I believe they said it was 25-30 hours of gameplay and 2.5 hours of cinematics. I am not sure if this includes side missions. Speaking of the cinematics, I cannot say if this is only CGI render graphics or in-between conversations and mission briefings. We still haven't taking into the account of Desmond missions so how long the game is anyone's guess.

Assassin_M
09-30-2012, 10:25 PM
in a recent interview the mission director said that the main story was only 1/3 of ac3.2/3 is side stuff
You heard Incorrectly, He never said that..

I think you are referring to the Interview where he said that 1/3 of the story will be on the Frontier..

pacmanate
09-30-2012, 10:32 PM
You heard Incorrectly, He never said that..

I think you are referring to the Interview where he said that 1/3 of the story will be on the Frontier..

Nope, interview with Gamespot Australia said that 1/3 of game is main story. The other 2/3rds are side missions.

Assassin_M
09-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Nope, interview with Gamespot Australia said that 1/3 of game is main story. The other 2/3rds are side missions.
What........ the F**K ???????? who the hell was being interviewed ?

pacmanate
09-30-2012, 10:36 PM
What........ the F**K ???????? who the hell was being interviewed ?

Lead mission designer...

MRNMRSPACER
09-30-2012, 10:38 PM
yes thats what im talking about...

Assassin_M
09-30-2012, 10:48 PM
yes thats what im talking about...
Sorry, mate...

Didn't hear that one.. I stand corrected..

But See ? They change what they say in the blink of an eye... Why should I believe the Frontier is big then ? or that Boston and NY will be 80% times Rome ?

MRNMRSPACER
09-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Sorry, mate...

But See ? They change what they say in the blink of an eye... Why should I believe the Frontier is big then ? or that Boston and NY will be 80% times Rome ?
its all good man,
im sure the citys are as big as they said though.

monster_rambo
09-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Sorry, mate...

You shouldn't. They will say anything to attract consumers. Otherwise, there must be some disagreement between developers on the size and the length of AC3. I believe the previous suggestion is more likely.

ACfan443
09-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Sorry, mate...

But how is that changing something in the blink of an eye? They said 1/3 of story missions will take place in the Frontier, but in general 1/3 of the whole game will be main story

EDIT: they're basically trying to illustrate that there will be a LOT of side content

Assassin_M
09-30-2012, 10:54 PM
its all good man,
i do believe the size of the citys but i geuss we wont find out for another month
Indeed. I'm not believing anything they say anymore, because Obviously, they want to sell their game...

I'm waiting till I play

You shouldn't. They will say anything to attract consumers. Otherwise, there must be some disagreement between developers on the size and the length of AC3. I believe the previous suggestion is more likely.

I guess you`re right..

But how is that changing something in the blink of an eye? They said 1/3 of story missions will take place in the Frontier, but in general 1/3 of the whole game will be main story

Why exactly ? Side content takes longer than the story ? Why ? How ?

ACfan443
09-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Indeed. I'm not believing anything they say anymore, because Obviously, they want to sell their game...

I'm waiting till I play

I guess you`re right..

Why exactly ? Side content takes longer than the story ? Why ? How ?

I edited my last post, but you replied faster. Basically they're trying to show that there will be a lot of side content. Steve said after you complete the game, you'll need a lot of stuff to do to keep you occupied

EDIT: or you could be right and they've mislead us, guess we'll know when it's out

Assassin_M
09-30-2012, 11:01 PM
I edited my last post, but you replied faster. Basically they're trying to show that there will be a lot of side content. Steve said after you complete the game, you'll need a lot of stuff to do to keep you occupied
Maybe, man.. I may go with that perception

But it sure as hell is the crappiest way of saying it..

Jexx21
09-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Isn't it illegal to lie about the product? Last year for ACR, they never directly said that Masyaf is free-roam, they just said that you can go to Masyaf as a response to the question if it was free-roam.

You see, you just gotta know the tricks.

I buy the game anyway, lol.

Assassin_M
09-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Isn't it illegal to lie about the product? Last year for ACR, they never directly said that Masyaf is free-roam, they just said that you can go to Masyaf as a response to the question if it was free-roam.

Im buying the game no doubt..

I just hate it how they sometimes send the guys into a frenzy for paraphrasing, adding or entirely changing their Words..

monster_rambo
09-30-2012, 11:33 PM

They also said that there will be secondary missions that we will randomly encounter while exploring Constantinople. It turns out all the "side missions" were beating up drunks and carrying boxes.