PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded songs

Gazza316
09-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Afternoon all,

Just got RS liking it so far hopefully it will help me improve the guitar.

what happens if i download songs, there are quite a few i like. will they just merge in with songs already on there i.e. when it says RS recommends.... they will appear or can you only use them in some custom mode. At this point i just want to let the game guide me through as i guess that will be best for learning so if adding songs means i don't continue as planned i might leave it for a while.

Cheers

shihdo
09-30-2012, 03:11 PM
any dlc is available to play as soon as its downloaded you can select it from the normal menu and the game will stick it into gigs as you progress, the rb reccomends is normally telling you to practice one of the songs in thew current setlist you have leveled up to. ie if youve unlocked two of three songs it will reccomend you practice the third to get the score up and allow you to progress to the next level/gig.

Mephit Blue
09-30-2012, 03:13 PM
The downloaded songs get merged with the songs that are already there. However, from my experience, you don't need to worry about this messing up the learning the game presents. I think only the first event, with I Can't Get Know Satisfaction and one of the Black Key Songs is set in stone and all the other events are random songs, with songs that you have not played in an event being picked for the event, until you have played them all. RS recommends techniques are presented when a song in an event uses that technique. Someone else on here may have more precise description of how events are generated.

I waited for awhile before downloading any songs myself as there are a lot of good songs that come with the game. However, when they offered a song a really wanted to play as DLC a month or so ago, I decided I couldn't wait and went and downloaded it.

Keep playing and enjoy the game. I know I haven't played my guitar as much as I've had after getting RS since I was a teenager. And that is way more years ago than I want to say :p.

shihdo
09-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Just a quick heads up for newer guys to rocksmiths....if one of the songs in any setlist is giving you troubl you have the option to change it for a different song which you can play easier, so you dont need to get frustrated for too long by one song when you have unlocked the others.

MrKev1n
09-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Just a quick heads up for newer guys to rocksmiths....if one of the songs in any setlist is giving you troubl you have the option to change it for a different song which you can play easier, so you dont need to get frustrated for too long by one song when you have unlocked the others.

RS will also give you the option of lowering the qualifying score for a specific song if you fail to reach it in 3 or 4 plays. So, if you persist with a song that is difficult for you you still have a good chance to qualify it.

JTCoop
09-30-2012, 07:16 PM
The downloaded songs get merged with the songs that are already there. However, from my experience, you don't need to worry about this messing up the learning the game presents. I think only the first event, with I Can't Get Know Satisfaction and one of the Black Key Songs is set in stone and all the other events are random songs. . .

That ^^^.

If you download a song that's way over your head, it could appear at ANY time! I know this from experience. RS seems to present songs in order from easy to difficult, but DLC just sort of gets thrown into events/set-lists more randomly. No biggie. As said above, you can always swap out a song in an event with something else.