PDA

View Full Version : How did the confusion about how Desmond would get access to the Grand Temple arise?

JCearlyyears
09-29-2012, 06:51 PM
I've seen many posts wondering about how Desmond will get into the Grand Temple, but I don't get the confusion. Jupiter tells him "Listen. You must go there. To the place where we labored... labored and lost. Take my words. Pass them from your head into your hands. That is how you will open the way." And Desmond claims "I know what we need to do." So how, I wonder, did it come into people's minds that there would be difficulty entering the temple?

Umbra_Blade
09-29-2012, 06:55 PM
I've seen many posts wondering about how Desmond will get into the Grand Temple, but I don't get the confusion. Jupiter tells him "Listen. You must go there. To the place where we labored... labored and lost. Take my words. Pass them from your head into your hands. That is how you will open the way." And Desmond claims "I know what we need to do." So how, I wonder, did it come into people's minds that there would be difficulty entering the temple?

If there was an advanced civilisation that had created a base of all their knowledge (which was EXTREMELY vast), don't you think that area would have strong and complicated counter-measures and security measures to protect said knowledge from falling into the wrong hands? :)

I think it will be components spread throughout the Desmond missions that he has to collect, keys if you will. Think of the door to Altair's Library, that was what I thought would be happening in AC3 concerning Desmond, a hunt for keys, that Abstergo would be in possession of.

ProletariatPleb
09-29-2012, 06:56 PM
That's because that's what's been happening frequently in the series so far:

AC1 Can't access apple memory - have to play from a very early memory.
AC2 they wanted to what was the vault and what happened there and this happened to co-incide with Desmond's training
ACB need to find location of Apple, so we go back to a memory.
In ACR we had to sync all memories so that we could get out of the animus.

So basically it was generally thought that we won't be able to enter so we'll have to go into Connor's memory to know how to enter the temple.

JCearlyyears
09-29-2012, 06:58 PM
If there was an advanced civilisation that had created a base of all their knowledge (which was EXTREMELY vast), don't you think that area would have strong and complicated counter-measures and security measures to protect said knowledge from falling into the wrong hands? :)

I think it will be components spread throughout the Desmond missions that he has to collect, keys if you will. Think of the door to Altair's Library, that was what I thought would be happening in AC3 concerning Desmond, a hunt for keys, that Abstergo would be in possession of.
Maybe, but Jupiter told him what to do, and Desmond claims to know what to do. I think that if there were any big counter-measures, he would have told him how to bypass them. I think he would have been told about any keys needed for the door.

dxsxhxcx
09-29-2012, 07:07 PM
"take my words, pass them from your head into your hands", how the hell are we supposed to do this?!

JCearlyyears
09-29-2012, 07:12 PM
"take my words, pass them from your head into your hands", how the hell are we supposed to do this?!

Desmond says he knows how.

ProletariatPleb
09-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Desmond says he knows how.
Brain surgery

JCearlyyears
09-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Brain surgery? Not likely... I think they mean what they said when they said they have something big planned for Desmond.

Layytez
09-29-2012, 07:27 PM
That's what doesn't make sense to me. If Desmond knows how to get into the Temple why do we need to go back into the Animus unless something is missing in the Temple needed for Desmond to get in. Connor may have found it and /hid/protected somewhere else in New York.

JCearlyyears
09-29-2012, 07:32 PM
That's what doesn't make sense to me. If Desmond knows how to get into the Temple why do we need to go back into the Animus unless something is missing in the Temple needed for Desmond to get in. Connor may have found it and /hid/protected somewhere else in New York.

I don't think so. I think that they are shooting for something bigger. I have no proof, but it's my hope that the story for Desmond is big or has a big goal.

zainzombie
09-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Maybe all that Desmond knows is that he needs to relive Connor's memories in order to get access. So.. maybe he knows how to know the process to get access to the Grand Temple.

rileypoole1234
09-29-2012, 07:38 PM
So basically it was generally thought that we won't be able to enter so we'll have to go into Connor's memory to know how to enter the temple.

This is what I think. There's no other reason to relive Connor's memories, unless Ubi surprises us yet again.