PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Music pre-order code not working?

vajben
09-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Good evening!

I am having some trouble with one of my pre-order codes!

Metal Gear, Time Saver worked perfectly, the Bonus music-code not so perfectly.

Have contacted both Ubisoft support and my dealer (cdon.com), no reply due to weekend occuring.

Is this an known issue somehow or am I a lucky winner?

Awesome game, even for someone that has never played guitar before, love it!

Edit:
(I am using XBOX 360)

MrKev1n
09-29-2012, 07:55 PM
I think the bonus codes aren't supposed to work untill release day sometime next month.

vajben
09-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Except the release date was September 27th for EU XBOX 360 and that was on Thursdag this week.

Sorry for being unclear about which system! I'll edit the main post.

berusad
09-30-2012, 11:32 AM
I have exactly the same problem. Bought it from cdon.com too.

vajben
09-30-2012, 02:31 PM
I guess we will see tomorrow when I hopefully get replies from both Ubisoft and CDON.

From what I can find both Kryptonite and Hit me with your best shot is included in that package, thus no use buying them separately and those two are two prime targets for me. :)

Mahdoton
10-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Have you got an answer yet? I'm a cdon.com pre-orderer too and the last code isn't working.

vajben
10-01-2012, 06:28 PM
CDON was a dead end.

Hej,

Vänligen kontakta spelets support på:

http://support.ubi.com/en-GB/

As I wrote I had already contacted ubisoft support. They asked me to take pictures of the box with the barcode, the code-mail from CDON (or paper they said, but I have none) and proof that I bought it. I replied an half hour later and that's the last I've heard (5+ hours ago or so).

So is there anyone with CDON that got a working code?!

jrask
10-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Same here, not working code from cdon.com and the same reply to contact Ubisoft.

vajben
10-02-2012, 09:43 AM
No more info from Ubi yet, hoping that they'll reply around the same time after lunch (my time) today.

vajben
10-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Not a sign of life from the Ubisoft support all day. Very disappointed.

vajben
10-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Tonight they asked me to retry the code. I did - still the same outcome.

Mahdoton
10-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Exactly the same response for me after sending the images. The code still won't work.
HOWEVER, I just noticed that I already have at least two of those songs promised in the bonus music download (Symphony Of Destruction, Bodysnatchers). I don't think I have the Blink-182 songs though. So I don't really care anymore if the code works or not.

Black_Widow9
10-03-2012, 10:21 AM
If you still have the same outcome after contacting Support please reply and let them know.

vajben
10-03-2012, 11:39 PM
I updated the case 20 minutes after they asked me to try again, this was at 18.01 and 18.22 yesterday. Tried again and updated again at 22.41, 24h+ ago now. Not a sound from "Paul" at the support since then.

I'm guessing to get it sorted before the weekend is too much to hope for, after all, on Sunday it's a week since I initiated the support case.

Very... slow.

Zeleptor
10-04-2012, 02:44 PM
I had a good conversation with Microsoft via chat the other day, about this problem with bonus music code that people have gotten from cdon.com. The lady wanted my code so she could try it in the system. and her response was that the code is good enough, but this code for "Bonus music" is not enabled in Microsoft's system, so it will not work before the system has been activated. She would make a report to their technician, and thy would give me answers within a few days, I currently have not heard from them.

I think that maybe if Ubisoft contacts Microsoft Xbox, this might go a little faster if they said "Would you pleace activate the Bonus music codes, so our customers can use the codes"

vajben
10-06-2012, 01:27 PM
My code started working just a while ago. Got a Blink 182 pack for it!

berusad
10-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Finally my code is working too.