PDA

View Full Version : The little things i wish AC3 will have

adarwinter
09-29-2012, 12:25 PM
here are some small things i really wish AC3 will have. what im stating is mostly things there actually have a chance of being in the game. not THAT far fetched or huge:

1) The ability to DISABLE the triangle counter icons that pop over enemies heads before they swing.
i always turned off the heath\counter indicators in previous AC games and i really hope there will be an option to do this in AC3 as well. it will make
every counter a lot more satisfying and combat a lot more satisfying as well.

2) the ability to free aim with the bow with no lock on as an option.
i seriously hate aim locks in games. i feel like the game assumes i cant aim for $hit so it aims for me. the fun part in shooting is the challenge of aiming yourself. just like we dont have auto steering in racing games i expect to aim myself. i assume there is very little chance of this being an option since AC never had any for of free aiming but since i read that AFTER locking into a target you can free aim than maybe, just maybe, there is a way to aim with the reticule already being placed on the target.

3) the ability to turn off the map yet still have north as an indicator. a lot of us wanted to be able to play the game without the map but it was frustrating when we didnt get a north indication or an indication where ezio is facing on the map. i hope there is a valid way to play without a map this time around.

4) something to achieve by attacking enemies for fun.
in previous AC games i dont remember there was anything special to gain from simply attacking enemies (guards) for no reason but fun. you could gather some resources and materials but i never lacked any of those anyways so it wasnt meaningful to me. even if the game simply tracked how many enemies i killed in a row or well and i could try and improve my stats by picking a fight for no reason than this could be cool.

5) an animous training simulator - brotherhood had something like this, albeit somewhat underdeveloped, but revelations didnt.
i really wish to have all sorts of free running or combat challenges. more like B:AC had.

6) here's a slim chance - a game+ mode. not seeing this happening at all, but it could be cool to have a way to start the game a second time with all the abilities from the start and have the harder enemies spawn much earlier and do more damage and no counter indicators. batman:AC did this phenomenally well. sleeping dogs could seriously benefit from that since that game , once finished, gives no reason to play it again, kinda like AC3 will feel, most likely.

7) Side missions that will involve combat but be random. if i interpreted the devs correctly than there are contract naval missions that you can do for money. i dont know if they are procedural or finite but i think they exist. i wish there were some side-missions that are somewhat procedural or random that involve combat against multiple enemies. AC3 seems to do combat so well that i wish there is more than just the main missions to get my hands bloody.

Do you know if some of the things above will actually be in the game?
Are any of the features above things YOU'd like to see?
What are the small things YOU wish AC3 will have?

Stroonzje
09-29-2012, 12:43 PM
I Agree with all of them, some of them such as the triangle above the enemy before countering i hate and wish i can remove... but some of them i don't think will be implented; like 6) and 3)

Aphex_Tim
09-29-2012, 01:20 PM
I believe Free Aim is already confirmed. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

DavisP92
09-29-2012, 01:40 PM
I believe Free Aim is already confirmed. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

It's a mix between free-aim and lock on. You freely aim at who you want but once you are on them and it locks on to them. So you can somewhat decide where to hit a target. (head shots for me all the way)

BBALive
09-29-2012, 01:45 PM
here are some small things i really wish AC3 will have. what im stating is mostly things there actually have a chance of being in the game. not THAT far fetched or huge:

1) The ability to DISABLE the triangle counter icons that pop over enemies heads before they swing.
i always turned off the heath\counter indicators in previous AC games and i really hope there will be an option to do this in AC3 as well. it will make
every counter a lot more satisfying and combat a lot more satisfying as well.

Might be included. Previous AC games allowed you turn off specific parts of the HUD.

2) the ability to free aim with the bow with no lock on as an option.
i seriously hate aim locks in games. i feel like the game assumes i cant aim for $hit so it aims for me. the fun part in shooting is the challenge of aiming yourself. just like we dont have auto steering in racing games i expect to aim myself. i assume there is very little chance of this being an option since AC never had any for of free aiming but since i read that AFTER locking into a target you can free aim than maybe, just maybe, there is a way to aim with the reticule already being placed on the target.
Confirmed already. The game does feature lock-on, but you can also aim manually if you want to.

3) the ability to turn off the map yet still have north as an indicator. a lot of us wanted to be able to play the game without the map but it was frustrating when we didnt get a north indication or an indication where ezio is facing on the map. i hope there is a valid way to play without a map this time around.
Same as number 1.

4) something to achieve by attacking enemies for fun.
in previous AC games i dont remember there was anything special to gain from simply attacking enemies (guards) for no reason but fun. you could gather some resources and materials but i never lacked any of those anyways so it wasnt meaningful to me. even if the game simply tracked how many enemies i killed in a row or well and i could try and improve my stats by picking a fight for no reason than this could be cool.
So.. A reward for just attacking enemies randomly? Well they've got a challenge system in the game, so I guess that counts.

5) an animous training simulator - brotherhood had something like this, albeit somewhat underdeveloped, but revelations didnt.
i really wish to have all sorts of free running or combat challenges. more like B:AC had.
I really hope they include this. They have no excuse not to. It makes even more sense when you consider the changes to the control scheme and the new combat.

6) here's a slim chance - a game+ mode. not seeing this happening at all, but it could be cool to have a way to start the game a second time with all the abilities from the start and have the harder enemies spawn much earlier and do more damage and no counter indicators. batman:AC did this phenomenally well. sleeping dogs could seriously benefit from that since that game , once finished, gives no reason to play it again, kinda like AC3 will feel, most likely.
Alex Hutchinson did say that he was pushing for NG+. Hopefully he managed to get it in.

7) Side missions that will involve combat but be random. if i interpreted the devs correctly than there are contract naval missions that you can do for money. i dont know if they are procedural or finite but i think they exist. i wish there were some side-missions that are somewhat procedural or random that involve combat against multiple enemies. AC3 seems to do combat so well that i wish there is more than just the main missions to get my hands bloody.
I think you will encounter a lot of poachers and enemy convoys in the Frontier, but I don't know about random encounters. It would be nice though. Reminds me of RDR.

DavisP92
09-29-2012, 01:55 PM
I want to see what the upgrade and customization system looks like, if we can choose what weapons to carry then it would be perfect. I remember seeing in the earlier game-play videos you can see Connor carrying two flintstock pistols on his back and the recent videos only show him having one.

adarwinter
09-29-2012, 03:03 PM
1) thing is - in the older AC games the counter indicators were the health indicators as well. in AC3 there are NO health indicators. it's different. for that reason im worried. if the AI in AC3 had health indicators that are also counter indicators than i'd assume it's like in AC2, ACB and ACR but since there is a change than im still worried.

2) as far as i know about the free aiming from the great preview from eurogamer by the kind umbra_blade -
if you aim in the general direction of the enemy than you get a lock on on the enemy and the raticule follows the target. that's what it looks like in videos as well. once locked you can free aim by moving the crosshair away from the target.
the reason why i think an auto targeting system is bad is because the game asks for no skill or effort to hit the target. if once we aim the game locks into a target and even follows the target if it moves than that's as bad as it gets since there is no reason to know how to aim, no reason to follow the target and no reason to compensate for distance\gravity or anything that resembels any type of effort from the player. just the ability to decide WHERE i hit my target, not IF i hit my target is lame.
i understand the reason why making lock on the default (to appeal to casual gamers) but i really hope it isnt the only way to go.
what i was wishing for is a way to completely DISABLE the auto targeting with a bow. have free aim ONLY. like a grown ups game.

6) @BBAlive - really? alex said that? strange. i seriously doubt they will include NG+ because an NG+ feature goes against what the AC game is - a game for adult casual gamers first and foremost. if they didnt even include difficulty settings i seriously doubt they will include NG+. but while keeping expectations realistic i will still hold my fingers crossed.

7) i read somewhere there might be NPCs that attack connor or ambush hit. like bounty hunters or something. i dont know if it's true but i hope it is. being ambushed or attacked as apposed to what usually happens in AC games (the player is the initiator) could be a great addition. especially if these attacks on the player become harder or unpredictable.

MetalCreed
09-29-2012, 09:33 PM
-able to dive underwater
-customize/outfits/separate clothing
-free-aim (confirmed)
-better horse gameplay
-wildlife responding appropriately to NPC
-sharks underwater (not gonna happen, one can dream)

LoyalACFan
09-29-2012, 09:36 PM
I hope there's a lot of unlockable stuff. Lots of weapon racks, lots of craftable items, lots of outfits, etc.

adarwinter
09-30-2012, 01:09 AM
-able to dive underwater
-customize/outfits/separate clothing
-free-aim (confirmed)
-better horse gameplay
-wildlife responding appropriately to NPC
-sharks underwater (not gonna happen, one can dream)

for some reason i dont think there will be outfits. in a different thread someone mentioned the 4 outfits connor will have and that's it. in AC you never had outfits. only armor upgrades. and in AC3 there are no armor upgrades so that doesnt seem possible to have outfits.
also free aim isnt confirmed. i mean, you CAN free aim after you auto lock, i think.
also diving underwater was in AC2 and above. you couldnt see what's underwater but it was there to disappear. i wonder if connor can dive. it seems a lot less useful in AC3 though...

Jexx21
09-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Uhh... you always had outfits in the Ezio trilogy..

ACRules2
09-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Some good points, would like them all, but New Game Plus will probably not be implemented... would be cool though!

BBALive
09-30-2012, 01:37 AM
-able to dive underwater
I believe Alex Hutchinson confirmed that during a panel. Somebody asked if Connor would be able to dive underwater since Aveline could, and he said yes.

for some reason i dont think there will be outfits. in a different thread someone mentioned the 4 outfits connor will have and that's it. in AC you never had outfits. only armor upgrades. and in AC3 there are no armor upgrades so that doesnt seem possible to have outfits.
Well you're wrong, so that's the end of that.

also free aim isnt confirmed. i mean, you CAN free aim after you auto lock, i think.
Free-aim is confirmed.

Escappa
09-30-2012, 01:39 AM
Snap!

JarodRussel2012
09-30-2012, 02:01 AM
Note: I'm well aware that these are very far fetched wishes. I'm perfectly fine with what I've seen of the game so far.

1. Kneel, crouch, Lie down, crawl

2. a. Incapacitate enemies, hogtie and gag them.
2. b. dragging dead or incapacitates bodies instead of carrying them (a choice, or even neccessity, depending on the size and weight of the body)
2. c. Also: be able to drag a body to a higher level, on a roof. With a rope or something.
2. d. Have a choice between assassinating and letting targets live.

3. a. Diving
3. b. Wildlife in the water (fish, sharks)
3. c. Throwing knifes or shooting whilst in the water (defend yourself against fish)
3. d. Some NPCs that can swim

4. Stuff that can go wrong: roof tiles slip, tree branches break. Swords that break. Not randomly, but because of stress. If you swing heavily and hard on a branch, it gets more and more instable until it breaks.

5. a. The hookblade idea: IF there is a rope leading down to something it would be possible to slide down or climb down. He could use a piece of clothing or a belt to slide.
5. b. While we're speaking of ropes, the ability to cut ropes and use them to do stuff. Tie things together, hog-tie NPCs, drag stuff. Use it as a climbing aid.

6. seamless building interiors. Not only the pass through move, but normal walking into it, bum around, meet people, walk out of it.

7. a. breakable, dynamic stuff. Chairs, books, tables, cups, dishes, windows, potato sacks, glass, wood boards. Stuff that can be thrown around and stuff that breaks during combat.
7. b. breakable trees, meaning you could fell them with an axe, or destroy them with explosives.
All of that procedurally, like in the CryEngine.

8. combination of 6 and 7: break closed doors or windows to get into buildings. Some doors are stronger, some are weaker, meaning that Connor has to kick a door once, twice, or slam his entire body against it.

9. a. and if you damage something (for example windows or doors), NPCs come to repair it.
9. b. NPCs that wonder about you
9. c. NPCs that tell guards what you just did, point in the direction you just ran
9. d. NPC guards that see you, turn around, see a wanted poster of you, and are THEN alarmed. Or they just saw a wanted poster and remember you.
9. e. you can't hide in a group of monks or courtesans because you simply don't look like them (that is one of the sillies in AC)
9. f. NPC civilians that side with you or not, depending on their motivation (which requires a really deep character model)
9. g. Random character interactions. Based on the idea of detailed character models. Create a set of basic character stories, motivations, relationships, that can be combined and a randomly generated. That's stuff I would like to have in every game because it would make things more realistic and it would basically mean infinite gameplay.

10. a. change clothing (from Assassin to civilian to guard, everything). Buy in shops. Acquire. Steal. Keep in safe places and safe houses.
10. b. incapacite a guy, hog-tie him, and steal his clothes, for example. Also 2. a.
10. c. visibly torn clothing and visibly damaged armor, needs to be repaired before it looks good again. Also: visible injuries.
10. d. extended cloth and weapons model. Not only armor, damage, speed, also durability, flexibility. As stated before, swords can break, guns can block, cloths can rip. And the heavier you are, the slower you move.

11. a. ride carriages
11. b. carriages have damage models: they can lose wheels, etc... You can repair them.

13. different horse breeds
14. customize your saddle

15. extensive doctor/healing mechanism. Gunshot wound requires a different treatment than a knife cut.

16. need for food and water. Starve to death in the frontier if your unlucky. Or eat an animal.

17. pick up stuff that NPCs lost and give it back to them (I always want to do this). And the other way round.

18. get (accidentally) injured NPCs to a doctor. Civilians and guards.

19. grow a reputation in the community. Behave well, and they love you and even help you a little when you're in trouble with the guards, behave bad and they hate you.

20. Stamina. No endless running, climbing, jumping and fighting with the same power. But also for NPCs. The more you do, the better you will be.

Oh yeah, I would love all these little details, not only in AC, but in any kind of game.

smengler
09-30-2012, 03:22 AM
I hope that the game will have better free-running through doors. In past games, you would try to run through a door, and if you were slightly off, you would end up running up the door frame instead of going through the door. Then you'd have to wait for him to drop down because there's nothing for him to grab onto, then slowly walk through the door before you start running again.

Watching the latest demo, it doesn't look like they fixed this, but I hope it will be there by the time the game is released.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2012, 03:23 AM
I hope that the game will have better free-running through doors. In past games, you would try to run through a door, and if you were slightly off, you would end up running up the door frame instead of going through the door. Then you'd have to wait for him to drop down because there's nothing for him to grab onto, then slowly walk through the door before you start running again.

Watching the latest demo, it doesn't look like they fixed this, but I hope it will be there by the time the game is released.

I wouldn't worry too much about that Fort demo, though, because everyone who played it sucked. Horribly.

projectpat06
09-30-2012, 07:53 AM
^^^^For all those above:
-There is a free aim but more like Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead Where it locks onto the target but you can move it afterwards. Apparently he won't shoot unless you are locked onto the target since her is an Assassin and shouldn't miss.
- The New Game+ is something that Alex Hutchinson wanted as stated in this podcast (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2012/04/05/special-edition-podcast-assassins-creed-3.aspx) but whether or not it got put into production is something we won't know until release.
-There will be random events to keep us occupied or interrupt us while on the main story or just exploring. It's talked about in the mission structure in this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYAVbnmc4w&feature=player_embedded). That also answers your other wish in that we will have a reason to take out random guards. It will usually involve saving someone or serving Justice. There's a lot more side content and mission structure to the side content much like RDR.
-In terms of outfits, there are only the preorder ones as of now that are confirmed but during the demo that some people got to play for a few hours with the boston tea part and what not, someone had talked about clothing shops you could go to and buy new pieces to you outfit. Also in the eurogamer video, Hutchinson talks about how the hood is the uniform that connor puts on to go to work, but you can go back and customize other parts. I imagine we can buy furs, capes, boots, coats to customize out character for the appropriate season. There's been several times where they have mentioned furs.

For JarodRussel2012,
-in the new fort demo, Connor uses the tomahawk like the hook blade on the zip line which I thought was a clever way to keep that feature.
-You can go inside interiors of some buildings like pubs to play board games and I think Shops.

For me,
-I also hope the clothing customization is very detailed to the point where we can even piece together a red coat outfit or blue coat outfit. Maybe just aristocrat outfit to blend in at balls, parties, or town meetings but that could be difficult since he looks mostly native american. His teen self makes me think he could be Mowgli from the jungle book.

-I also wish he could crouch, lay down, etc to move around.

adarwinter
09-30-2012, 08:55 AM
^^^^For all those above:
-There is a free aim but more like Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead Where it locks onto the target but you can move it afterwards. Apparently he won't shoot unless you are locked onto the target since her is an Assassin and shouldn't miss.
- The New Game+ is something that Alex Hutchinson wanted as stated in this podcast (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2012/04/05/special-edition-podcast-assassins-creed-3.aspx) but whether or not it got put into production is something we won't know until release.
-There will be random events to keep us occupied or interrupt us while on the main story or just exploring. It's talked about in the mission structure in this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYAVbnmc4w&feature=player_embedded). That also answers your other wish in that we will have a reason to take out random guards. It will usually involve saving someone or serving Justice. There's a lot more side content and mission structure to the side content much like RDR.
-In terms of outfits, there are only the preorder ones as of now that are confirmed but during the demo that some people got to play for a few hours with the boston tea part and what not, someone had talked about clothing shops you could go to and buy new pieces to you outfit. Also in the eurogamer video, Hutchinson talks about how the hood is the uniform that connor puts on to go to work, but you can go back and customize other parts. I imagine we can buy furs, capes, boots, coats to customize out character for the appropriate season. There's been several times where they have mentioned furs.

For JarodRussel2012,
-in the new fort demo, Connor uses the tomahawk like the hook blade on the zip line which I thought was a clever way to keep that feature.
-You can go inside interiors of some buildings like pubs to play board games and I think Shops.

For me,
-I also hope the clothing customization is very detailed to the point where we can even piece together a red coat outfit or blue coat outfit. Maybe just aristocrat outfit to blend in at balls, parties, or town meetings but that could be difficult since he looks mostly native american. His teen self makes me think he could be Mowgli from the jungle book.

-I also wish he could crouch, lay down, etc to move around.

thanks for the little info.

i doubt you can get new outfits because in AC there is a very strong identity and look and silhouette for the hero and UBI never lets us change the look and silhouette of the hero. adding some things might be there though. hood on hood off might be there as an automatic thing - when on a mission than hood is on.
and free aim is really limited if you have to lock on so that's a "no" in my book.

projectpat06
09-30-2012, 09:24 AM
thanks for the little info.

i doubt you can get new outfits because in AC there is a very strong identity and look and silhouette for the hero and UBI never lets us change the look and silhouette of the hero. adding some things might be there though. hood on hood off might be there as an automatic thing - when on a mission than hood is on.
and free aim is really limited if you have to lock on so that's a "no" in my book.

That's a good point. Jonathan Cooper has certainly emphasized that in his interviews. However, considering we already have the default captain outfit, the preorder captain outfit, and the colonial outfit all with different hats, I don't see why it wouldn't be feasible for us to purchase other tricorne hats in clothing shops. Cooper also said they bulked him up with furs and coats so that's why I think the fur add ons will be present, but we will see

freddie_1897
09-30-2012, 12:48 PM
I want to see more dynamic guards, guards in previous games have all acted the same way but we need to remember that guards are people too and have different personalities, therefore I'd love to see guards behaving differently to other npc's, E.G some guards who are being asked for directions telling them to go away, and some helping them out. In the winter a child throws a snowball at an officer and the officer throws one back in a jokey manner, whereas another guard might start shouting at the child and chasing him.

I think that too many games don't actually give guards personalities, so I'd like to see something along the lines of the above

JarodRussel2012
09-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I want to see more dynamic guards, guards in previous games have all acted the same way but we need to remember that guards are people too and have different personalities, therefore I'd love to see guards behaving differently to other npc's, E.G some guards who are being asked for directions telling them to go away, and some helping them out. In the winter a child throws a snowball at an officer and the officer throws one back in a jokey manner, whereas another guard might start shouting at the child and chasing him.

I think that too many games don't actually give guards personalities, so I'd like to see something along the lines of the above

Yeah, that would be cool.

stingray10
09-30-2012, 12:53 PM

This is a really good idea.

Escappa
09-30-2012, 02:01 PM

The idea is nice, but if I saw a guard playing with children, laughing, it would feel horrible to kill him.

Mrnilsman
09-30-2012, 02:21 PM
The idea is nice, but if I saw a guard playing with children, laughing, it would feel horrible to kill him.

Exactly, but if i saw a guard being very mean to children, it would be extra satisfying to kill him :D

DarkDreamer95
09-30-2012, 02:40 PM

I'd love that, I don't even care if there were just 2 or three standard types :D It makes it all the more real when not everyone you might have to kill is a ******.

De Filosoof
09-30-2012, 02:44 PM

Well, to be honest.
Most guards and modern-day police forces are acting like programmed robots when they're on duty so...

I'm sorry to say this but everytime i see a group of guards, policemen or soldiers i don't see personalities, i see robots.

Maybe the AC3 creators feel the same way...

BBALive
09-30-2012, 05:09 PM
i doubt you can get new outfits because in AC there is a very strong identity and look and silhouette for the hero and UBI never lets us change the look and silhouette of the hero. adding some things might be there though. hood on hood off might be there as an automatic thing

"Well you're wrong, so that's the end of that."

It has already been confirmed that outfit customisation is still in the game.

Celtran_Disant
09-30-2012, 07:00 PM
I hope one outfit I'll be able to get for Connor is a formal frock coat and breeches ... but maybe that's just the Jane Austen fangirl in me :o

JarodRussel2012
10-06-2012, 01:15 AM
I would love to see some lightning stuff involving Ben Franklin. Go scifi a bit, have him develop a lightning generator/weapon or something.