PDA

View Full Version : My Last Minute Rant

crash3
09-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Having seen some of the latest gameplay on youtube, I am not impressed with how invicible Connor is in combat, I do not deny that his skills are awesome, however, on this new HUD I am sure I have seen the sync bar regenerate during combat even though the developers said that health would only regenerate once Connor was not in combat. The opponents dont have enough skills to present any kind of challenge, they either attack slowly, or just offer no resistance at all. The health bar on the new HUD is also a lot bigger than the one on the old HUD, plus each time Connor takes a hit, it isnt really that damaging, on the old HUD it looked like Connor could take 5 hits before desynching, whereas on this new HUD it looks like he can take 20 hits which is ridiculously unrealistic. Also the only time Connor seems to be stealthy is when he's hunting animals!

Why are the developers so afraid to give the players a challenge?

What are your thoughts?

freddie_1897
09-29-2012, 11:15 AM
that was for demo purposes only, in the gameplay which members of the public were allowed to play you can see one hit getting rid of a 3rd of their health. they only make it easier for demo's because it would be really awkward if the player died in front of a huge audience

dewgel
09-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Having seen some of the latest gameplay on youtube, I am not impressed with how invicible Connor is in combat, I do not deny that his skills are awesome, however, on this new HUD I am sure I have seen the sync bar regenerate during combat even though the developers said that health would only regenerate once Connor was not in combat. The opponents dont have enough skills to present any kind of challenge, they either attack slowly, or just offer no resistance at all. The health bar on the new HUD is also a lot bigger than the one on the old HUD, plus each time Connor takes a hit, it isnt really that damaging, on the old HUD it looked like Connor could take 5 hits before desynching, whereas on this new HUD it looks like he can take 20 hits which is ridiculously unrealistic. Also the only time Connor seems to be stealthy is when he's hunting animals!

Why are the developers so afraid to give the players a challenge?

What are your thoughts?

Freddie hit the nail on the coffin. The new Eurogamer gameplay shows how easily you can die.

Also; you make the game as hard as you decide. Like these people complaining about how the pistol is over powered. If it's so over powered, don't use it? This isn't like Call of Duty where other people exploiting it are going to ruin it for you.. it's your game. You make it as difficult or fun as you want.

It definitely looks like health flies down quickly, but still, I'd rather have a game which is easy than challenging. I'd just get frustrated if I was killed in 3 hits in the game.

crash3
09-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Its just the Ezio trilogy was so incredibly easy and lots of people complained about that and I was one of them, I think its about time that we get a more challenging game, those of us who played through the series deserve at least that, any new gamers will just have to get used to it, like all of us did at some point, also when I played AC1 for the first time I died countless times and it didnt frustrate me, it motivated me to try harder at my next attempt at a mission. Easy games get boring very quickly, even if the storyline is amazing

One more thing, I noticed that the enemies stills have those annoying flashing triangles which indicate that they are about to attack which makes combat simply far too predictable and they also have detection triangles that fill up like in the Ezio games which made stealth really easy too-why cant they instantly detect you when you are in plain sight like in AC1?

Stroonzje
09-29-2012, 12:46 PM
I noticed brotherhood was WAY too easy. i really hope they do add difficulty modes into the game

P.S it could be something like, Recruit > Assassin > Master Assassin :P

MT4K
09-29-2012, 12:50 PM
There's been threads about difficulty and combat challenge before. Please post in one of those.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716018-Difficulty-In-Assassin-s-Creed

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/715859-AC3-s-combat-looks-incredibly-easy-Are-you-bothered-by-that