PDA

View Full Version : PC bundle with Steam achievements?

DSgamer64
09-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Hey all. I am looking to buy Rocksmith for the PC, however I don't want to have to buy it on Steam then buy the cable adapter individually, that seems to defeat the person. That said, I don't really want to buy the retail version if it doesn't support Steam achievements just to get the bundle, you know what I mean? Achievements are part of the replay value of a game, and having been a guitar player for about 10 years now, the thought of learning songs faster then trying to hash them out to tablature doesn't always appeal to me, especially more difficulty tunes with lots of notes.

So I looked on the EB Games Canada website and it said that the PC version has the bundle with the guitar or the game itself with the adapter, but I want to know if the game and the adapter package supports Steam achievements. I know some retail games do have Steam achievement support, if not I am very disappointed with Ubisoft for making me pay extra just to buy it on Steam plus get the adapter.

LaelaMiles
09-29-2012, 01:18 AM
Hey all. I am looking to buy Rocksmith for the PC, however I don't want to have to buy it on Steam then buy the cable adapter individually, that seems to defeat the person. That said, I don't really want to buy the retail version if it doesn't support Steam achievements just to get the bundle, you know what I mean? Achievements are part of the replay value of a game, and having been a guitar player for about 10 years now, the thought of learning songs faster then trying to hash them out to tablature doesn't always appeal to me, especially more difficulty tunes with lots of notes.

So I looked on the EB Games Canada website and it said that the PC version has the bundle with the guitar or the game itself with the adapter, but I want to know if the game and the adapter package supports Steam achievements. I know some retail games do have Steam achievement support, if not I am very disappointed with Ubisoft for making me pay extra just to buy it on Steam plus get the adapter.

The boxed game is fully steamed up.

DSgamer64
09-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Cool beans. I don't need the guitar package as honestly, there are only two guitars that I enjoy playing and one I currently own. So long as I can buy the retail game and get the Steam achievements, I will be happy as a clam.

FruitCakeRonin
09-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Steam and retail versions are both identical and compatible with steamworks, so no need to worry. The thing is though, if you purchase the retail (boxed) version, you have to wait for the release date to get your game and cable. If you get the game on steam and the cable from somewhere else, you can play right away. Because the cable is already available for purchase, and when you buy the steam version, you get access to the beta. So I think that's worth considering.