PDA

View Full Version : Unique Animations for Desmond

Calvarok
09-28-2012, 07:24 PM
http://enrychan.tumblr.com/post/32465073488/groundzeroes-im-a-little-bewildered-that-this
So I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted.

I’m a little bewildered that this hadn’t been posted anywhere yet!In the last few days, a new ACIII demo (Wolcott Fort) has premiered at a few gaming events around the world. It is a Connor demo, but for a few seconds before it starts you get Desmond on the loading screen. While I could only find this rather low quality screencap, I was at EuroGamer Expo today and played the demo on a very large HD TV.
His face looked like a blend between Brotherhood and Revelations. The main reason his face was so different in Rev was because they were using a new facial model engine, but in ACIII his face didn’t look odd at all. Like Brotherhood’s, but more detailed. (He also looked pretty tired.) His outfit was a bit different too; the jacket looked the same, but it’s open and has toggles? His Brotherhood jacket doesn’t have toggles but okay. His shirt was black with some text on rather than grey with an eagle.
The ACIII developer session also had some mentions; Desmond will share some animations with Connor, but will mostly have his own set. They’re apparently a lot flashier and they “never let Assassins have spins in their moveset, but Desmond does.” (pfft haha) Someone also asked if Lucy or Clay would be mentioned in the game, and Alex Hutchinson said there will be a lot of references and fan service to both previous character and to the comics, “almost too much”.

I previously had vehemently stated that I didn't think there would be unique animations for Desmond, since Conner had so many. But... I guess I was wrong. I apologize and am hyped.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't think I`v ever seen you hyped:p

Calvarok
09-28-2012, 07:29 PM
You've never seen me, lol. I'm always hyped for Assassin's Creed games. I just choose to enter topics in which I spend most of my time having to debate, defend, or be skeptical about things.

HisSpiritLives
09-28-2012, 07:31 PM
http://enrychan.tumblr.com/post/32465073488/groundzeroes-im-a-little-bewildered-that-this
So I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted.

I previously had vehemently stated that I didn't think there would be unique animations for Desmond, since Conner had so many. But... I guess I was wrong. I apologize and am hyped.

Awesome, nice find.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 07:32 PM
You've never seen me, lol. I'm always hyped for Assassin's Creed games. I just choose to enter topics in which I spend most of my time having to debate, defend, or be skeptical about things.
Nah, Im sure I`v seen you.. somewhere.. here or there xD

Anyways, Yeah that is mostly how you are, you never really came up and said "Hey Im hyped";)

LoyalACFan
09-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Alex Hutchinson said there will be a lot of references and fan service to both previous character and to the comics, “almost too much”.

I wonder if Hannah Mueller will turn up. I always kinda wondered what happened to her, I liked her. Maybe her team will meet up with William's crew at the Temple, and she'll be the one to introduce the character of Daniel Cross to Desmond (and the people who didn't read the comics) before the much-speculated Daniel/Desmond battle.

Layytez
09-28-2012, 07:34 PM
It's gonna feel weird seeing Desmond pull off these moves when we barely played with him.

LoyalACFan
09-28-2012, 07:35 PM
It's gonna feel weird seeing Desmond pull off these moves when we barely played with him.

He already had some sick skills when he fought the guys in the basement of the hideout.

HisSpiritLives
09-28-2012, 07:40 PM
I wonder if Desmond is geting tomahawk :)

rileypoole1234
09-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Spins? SPINS? Hahah, this is really good news. I want Desmond to be really special in this game, and it looks like he's going to kick large quantities of behind.

pacmanate
09-28-2012, 08:03 PM
WOO. Desmond will twirl his way to victory like a lil ballerina.

Like a real assassin.

Kaschra
09-28-2012, 09:12 PM
...A lot of references to Clay (and Lucy) and to the comics...
You don't know how happy I'm right now.

And it's great that Desmond gets his own animations. Ha, spinning xD

Chariflame
09-29-2012, 03:21 AM
Oh hey, that was my post on Tumblr, haha.

But yeah the Eurogamer Expo panel was streamed live and can be watched live if you wanted to double check the spinning Desmond and unique animation bits.

rileypoole1234
09-29-2012, 03:40 AM
WOO. Desmond will twirl his way to victory like a lil ballerina.

Like a real assassin.

I loled at that one hard.;)

Jexx21
09-29-2012, 04:13 AM
Will he do flips?

It seems like they are incorporating more free-running and parkour moves in AC3 than the others.

NewBlade200
09-29-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm hyped to see Des do his own thing, but spinning? Not the best thing to do when he's running away from roid monkey templar guards :p

Calvarok
09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
When they say spinning they really just mean the animation for one vault move.