PDA

View Full Version : Eurogamer 2012 [MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]

Umbra_Blade
09-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey guys,

I have just finished playing the two demos available at eurogamer, and the game looks fantastic! I thought we could use this thread for talking about the experience those of us lucky to have come here have had with the game, and help shed some light on the gameplay to those who couldn't come. If I say some things you have known for ages, please forgive me, as I am just covering my experiences with the demos

The two demos available are the naval mission in the carribean sea, that has been shown before, and a new mission that takes place in a new location. Both missions were super fun to play, the later more so as it showed a brand new piece of the gameplay, and for a breif time you get to see Desmond!

With the naval mission I was worried that the ship would feel hard to steer, as lots of people have said they thought it was sluggish. It was anything but, it handled perfectly, and reacted as a real ship should. I can't think of much more to say, as you guys probably know every fact about that mission, but from my experience it was a great bit of gameplay, and felt like I was playing an AC game rather than a ship simulator (this was one of my previous worries) :p.

Now we move onto the other mission, This may contain some spoilers, so if you don't want to know anything about it, stop reading NOW!

[SPOILERS]

This demo is based on the mission in Fort Walcott
The mission starts out with you in the animus with Desmond, he looks slightly different to revelations, with more details, but all in all there haven't been any drastic overhauls of his model appearance.
The mission starts with connor and you begin to climb up the cliff face towards the fort. I found that some of the climbing wasn't completely obvious, as there were parts where The surface looked entirely flat, yet Connor could still climb up somehow, once you get up the cliff face and ontop of the fort battlements, you make your way inside the building where you are given the warning that you must remain undetected. You come across some guards while making your way to your destination. I chose to use a combination of the hidden blade and bow and arrow to take on the guards.

The bow can only be fired when aiming in the general vicintiy of an enemy. The aiming system works much like RDR, when a guard is highlighted and you enter precision mode (aiming), the reticule will follow that guard without need to manually touch the right stick, move it though and it will enter into a manual mode, so yes, you do get free aim in AC3.
Adding onto this, a hit with the bow does not necessarily mean a kill, as I had aimed at a red coat's leg (all while in stealth mode), and he just got an arrow through it, but survived. It wasn't anything to do with a different class set either, he was just a regular joe, as when I did the same with his buddy (with the same look) but aimed for his head, he died instantly.
The cover system is another cool feature that will happen if you go beside a corner, or edge. Whistling can lure enemies to your location for you to strike.

Once you have found what you are looking for, a heavy finds you, your ship then proceeds to fire at the fort and burn it to the ground, you enter into combat.
The combat itself is very nice to use and poses more of a challange than the previous games did in my opinion. When you counter you can follow up with a break defence (necessary for a heavy), strike, roll-around, or ranged attack.

The fort is now on fire and this is when the graphics really come into their own and the game kicks it up a gear, you can hear all the redcoats inside screaming to get out, and their officers barking commands at them, and telling them to return back to thier posts. The flame effects look gorgious, Connor has the blood of his victims on his body, with specks of red all over him (a nice touch), This game simply looks fantastic!

[END OF SPOILERS]

All in all, AC3 has not only met my expectations, but far exceeded them. Bring on October 31st (uk release for those who don't know :p)

Ducky441
09-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Thank you for the write-up, I've watched a play through of the Fort Walcott mission earlier today and it's nice to see some confirmation of how the bow works.

NOLA_Assassin
09-28-2012, 03:20 PM
How was the soundtrack?

Umbra_Blade
09-28-2012, 05:26 PM
How was the soundtrack?

I really liked it, at the time I didn't really notice the soundtrack very much (maybe because of the volume level in the center :p), but to me that is the sign of a great soundtrack, if you notice it, it tends to be because the track does not work with the gameplay. But it worked perfectly with it. Balfe has done just as good a job with the ambient and cinematic soundtracks as Kidd, don't you worry :p

IceHot100
09-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks for sharing the Info, Umbra_Blade! I have seen the gameplay on the live stream but never got to see desmond, so how does he look? Does he have beard like in AC Revelations or is it shaved like in Brotherhood and 2?

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Did you play on the PS3 Or Xbox? and how was the framerate? Thank you for you share :D

Umbra_Blade
09-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks for sharing the Info, Umbra_Blade! I have seen the gameplay on the live stream but never got to see desmond, so how does he look? Does he have beard like in AC Revelations or is it shaved like in Brotherhood and 2?

It was a really quick snippet of him, but from what I can remember he had stubble. His face seems to be more rectangular this time round in my opinion, before it was usually oval shaped. The appearance is very similar to Revelations mostly though, just with a greater attention to detail, plus he has on the brotherhood clothing (white hoodie, black top, courier satchel and his skinny jeans). Sorry I can't give you more, because it was kind of a blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind of thing.

Did you play on the PS3 Or Xbox? and how was the framerate?

It was on the PS3, and the frame rate was just fine, I didn't notice any drop in the frame rate in either demo at any point in time :p

HisSpiritLives
09-28-2012, 07:35 PM
You are such lucky guy....:(

NOLA_Assassin
09-29-2012, 11:26 AM
I really liked it, at the time I didn't really notice the soundtrack very much (maybe because of the volume level in the center :p), but to me that is the sign of a great soundtrack, if you notice it, it tends to be because the track does not work with the gameplay. But it worked perfectly with it. Balfe has done just as good a job with the ambient and cinematic soundtracks as Kidd, don't you worry :p

Thanks, glad to hear it. Also, do you like the changes to free-running controls?

Umbra_Blade
09-29-2012, 01:58 PM
do you like the changes to free-running controls?

They seemed fine to me, the only difference was that you don't have 'the claw' when you want to free-run, you just hold down the high profile one. I think I sometimes went back to the claw accidentally, just out of pure habit from playing an AC marathon previously :p. But the free-running feels just as easy to control in AC3, as it did in the other games :)

adarwinter
09-29-2012, 03:17 PM
umbra - thanks a lot for taking the type to report it :) appreciated.

what were your impressions of the combat? was it easy to time the counters? did u get to utilize the 4 counter types? can you compare it to other AC games in terms of which is more fun in your personal opinion and why?
i think i've seen the demo played in the gamespot's dev Q&A and it looks like the mission you played was mainly stealth with maybe one or two tiny fighting scenes so maybe you didnt experience enough to give impressions.

Umbra_Blade
09-29-2012, 04:46 PM
umbra - thanks a lot for taking the type to report it :) appreciated.

what were your impressions of the combat? was it easy to time the counters? did u get to utilize the 4 counter types? can you compare it to other AC games in terms of which is more fun in your personal opinion and why?
i think i've seen the demo played in the gamespot's dev Q&A and it looks like the mission you played was mainly stealth with maybe one or two tiny fighting scenes so maybe you didnt experience enough to give impressions.

First off, you guys (and gals) are welcome, I'm glad I can help ;)

Right, now onto the combat. The combat, in my opinion, is VERY similar to Batman: Arkham City. The warning systems above their head are very reminiscent of that. The combat is made more challenging simply by the removal of the block move which allowed 'turtling', you have to remain vigilant during the fight at all times.
Another thing is that you need to notice WHO you are fighting, if you try a hitting a heavy with a counter, he'll give you a Glasgow-Kiss (Scottish slang for strong headbutt:p), and leave you open for more attacks. To get rid of them you need to break their defence (which is essentially disarming them), roll-around them (so you can strike from behind), take them out with your pistol, or many other moves that I unfortunately didn't get to play around with due to limited enemies to fight.
In my opinion, this game has the best combat out of the series from my brief exposure to it, as it requires skill and speed to be able to eliminate enemies, rather than patience (turtling), plus when you get a nice combo going with different items, you start to really enjoy the fighting, much like in Batman.
The enemies aren't content with just watching their friends dying in front of them either, you can get multiple people going for you, I had a heavy break my defence, then had two guys stab me with their bayonets, while a third was lining up a shot that hit, and in that brief few seconds, I had lost a huge chunk of my health.

To sum up, if you like the combat in Batman: AC, you will love the combat in this game :p

ACfan443
09-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Someone else said Desmond looked like ACB's Desmond but with more detail, but you said he looks like ACR's Desmond. I'm confused now.

Umbra_Blade
09-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Someone else said Desmond looked like ACB's Desmond but with more detail, but you said he looks like ACR's Desmond. I'm confused now.

like I said, I only had like a second to take in his appearance, this other person may have a better memory than me :p so listen to them.

EDIT: I just played a bit of brotherhood right now to refresh my memory and he did look more like the brotherhood model.

MetalCreed
09-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Free-aim in my ac3?!?

Yes!!!

ACfan443
09-29-2012, 06:15 PM
like I said, I only had like a second to take in his appearance, this other person may have a better memory than me :p so listen to them.

EDIT: I just played a bit of brotherhood right now to refresh my memory and he did look more like the brotherhood model.

Oh okay :) tension relieved...until next time :P

Jexx21
09-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Umbra, do you know if there are Training sessions like there were in ACB?

Umbra_Blade
09-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Umbra, do you know if there are Training sessions like there were in ACB?

Sorry, I don't know about this, we were just given a demo version. And silly me, I forgot to look on the start menu (I was too excited to play the game:p)

adarwinter
09-29-2012, 08:39 PM
First off, you guys (and gals) are welcome, I'm glad I can help ;)

Right, now onto the combat. The combat, in my opinion, is VERY similar to Batman: Arkham City. The warning systems above their head are very reminiscent of that. The combat is made more challenging simply by the removal of the block move which allowed 'turtling', you have to remain vigilant during the fight at all times.
Another thing is that you need to notice WHO you are fighting, if you try a hitting a heavy with a counter, he'll give you a Glasgow-Kiss (Scottish slang for strong headbutt:p), and leave you open for more attacks. To get rid of them you need to break their defence (which is essentially disarming them), roll-around them (so you can strike from behind), take them out with your pistol, or many other moves that I unfortunately didn't get to play around with due to limited enemies to fight.
In my opinion, this game has the best combat out of the series from my brief exposure to it, as it requires skill and speed to be able to eliminate enemies, rather than patience (turtling), plus when you get a nice combo going with different items, you start to really enjoy the fighting, much like in Batman.
The enemies aren't content with just watching their friends dying in front of them either, you can get multiple people going for you, I had a heavy break my defence, then had two guys stab me with their bayonets, while a third was lining up a shot that hit, and in that brief few seconds, I had lost a huge chunk of my health.

To sum up, if you like the combat in Batman: AC, you will love the combat in this game :p

ah. thanks a lot for expanding upon this.
ever since they showed up how the combat has evolved i thought "man this looks more and more like batman", which is great, cuz BAC had a wonderful combat system. the issues I had with BAC's combat was not the combat but the AI. i completely understand the need for ultra stupid AI in batmans combat and that is to allow a flow of uninterrupted combos, which was essential to a successful combat, but in AC the focus is different.
the issue i had with batman's AI in combat was that enemies only had extremely limited reactions. in fact you ALWAYS knew what will happen once you attacked at enemy - you knew that this particular enemy will ALWAYS block you, and you knew that this particular enemy will ALWAYS succumb to a vault over, and you knew that that particular enemy will NEVER block etc etc.
this basically meant that if you always do the exact same thing against particular enemies than that thing that you do will never fail, which means the only challenge was to quickly decide what to do according to what enemy you want to attack. it was very very game-like but it fit the batman combat system and the strive for high combos.

AC3's combat doesnt rely on high combos so this wouldnt work and will just make the AI feel like a game-AI instead of human beings with a variety of possible reaction.

so my question is this - will the AI in AC3, as far as you could see, have a variety of possible reactions to the same attack by connor? if you attack a certain enemy is it possible that sometimes he will block you and sometimes he wont? or is it so that you have moves that will ALWAYS work on a certain enemy while other moves will NEVER work?
like the heavy scottish guys - is it so that you can NEVER hit him head on but ALWAYS do a successful roll and back hit?
or the most common enemies - do they sometimes block you?
you get my point?

Jexx21
09-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Adar, it sounds like the different archetypes for AC3 guards will be like the different archetypes for B:AC thugs.

And honestly, I actually thought that Arkham City's combat was actually pretty hard, at least, when I was first playing it.

pacmanate
09-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Adar, it sounds like the different archetypes for AC3 guards will be like the different archetypes for B:AC thugs.

And honestly, I actually thought that Arkham City's combat was actually pretty hard, at least, when I was first playing it.

It was pretty challenging but I think it was because of how many different people you had on screen at one point. You could also counter 3 people in B;AC and only 2 in AC3. AC3 fights seems smaller than B:AC's challenge mode thing so AC3 shouldn't be hard.

Evenesque
09-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info Umbra. I was wondering 2 small things from your experience you may be able to tell me.

Did the guy who got a skyrim shot (arrow to the knee) react like he got shot in the leg or did he just go-on like everything was cool?

Also, can you crouch at will? I always thought it was awkward that you have to stand up everywhere

Umbra_Blade
09-29-2012, 09:26 PM
so my question is this - will the AI in AC3, as far as you could see, have a variety of possible reactions to the same attack by connor? if you attack a certain enemy is it possible that sometimes he will block you and sometimes he wont? or is it so that you have moves that will ALWAYS work on a certain enemy while other moves will NEVER work?
like the heavy scottish guys - is it so that you can NEVER hit him head on but ALWAYS do a successful roll and back hit?
or the most common enemies - do they sometimes block you?
you get my point?

From the bit I played I was able to hit the heavies head on, when I was in the middle of a combo, but on a stand-alone strike, they block your hits. The other guards (standard militia) may be able to block you, as there was only around three, and I took them out quite rapidly, but I don't think they will block very often. So I don't think that the enemies will be able to stop you on the move that is meant to be their weakness, otherwise you would just lose health because of bad luck, instead of making a mistake, which would probably lead to some frustrated gamers. :p

Did the guy who got a skyrim shot (arrow to the knee) react like he got shot in the leg or did he just go-on like everything was cool?

The guy staggered, then got up and walked in my direction. Yeah I know, he walked with an arrow in his leg? so it is kind of a bit of both, he reacted, but got over it pretty darn quickly :p

Also, can you crouch at will? I always thought it was awkward that you have to stand up everywhere

You aren't able to crouch at will, but when in a 'Stalking Zone', you automatically go into a crouched position, which makes sense, as you actually make more noise, easier to notice in the open, and are much slower when in a crouched position in real life. When at a corner (kind of like a stalking zone), taking out a guard was pretty cool. I whistled him over, then you grab him while stabbing him, slam him round to the wall, watch him slide down keeping him hidden behind the wall, then returning to your stalking position. I thought it was pretty cool, instead of just walking out and stabbing the guy, leaving yourself exposed, and body blatantly lying there.

Evenesque
09-29-2012, 09:52 PM
****it. Ever since I saw the frontier demo where Connor crouches on the roof before we see the target, I've been hoping we could crouch at will.

LoyalACFan
09-29-2012, 09:56 PM
****it. Ever since I saw the frontier demo where Connor crouches on the roof before we see the target, I've been hoping we could crouch at will.

Honestly, I don't see the point. I never understood why crouch-walking was more effective than normal walking in games like Arkham City and Metal Gear; it would be louder and slower.

Evenesque
09-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Honestly, I don't see the point. I never understood why crouch-walking was more effective than normal walking in games like Arkham City and Metal Gear; it would be louder and slower.

If you're standing on a roof observing a target, you'd crouch, if only to prevent casting a shadow on the ground, and lower your profile so you're harder to see. That's mostly where it felt awkward to me. I wouldn't be crouching around the streets of Boston, that's the opposite of incognito lol.

Jexx21
09-29-2012, 10:33 PM

Actually crouching is quieter.. but yea, it's slower.

adarwinter
09-29-2012, 11:14 PM
@umbra - im impressed you remember small details like that from such a short play time. good job there :)
from your answer i assume that it's a "yes and no" kinda answer. well, combat still looks good. im eager to see what othre archetypes the game will have. hopefully some more sophisticated ones.

about losing due to poor luck - i think the most important rule when creating a combat system (in action games) is to always let the player have an option to avoid damage. always leave room, even if it's just a small window, to respond. so in AC if the AI can counter the player there should be an option for the player to counter the counter. like in AC1 you got enemies that could break al-tair's block and then hit him when he was open. but al-tair could also dodge to avoid the enemy's clever move. that's the general idea.
so if enemies in AC3 can counter connor but connor can dodge after being countered or counter the counter than it creates a sophisticated back and forth exchanges of blocks and counters and that could make a wonderful fighting system and exciting moments.
but i dont think there are games that aim to do that. most games (other than 1-on-1 fighting games) do not give enough credit to the player to get sophisticated. a shame, really.

however i thought about different counter types kinda system when i started playing sleeping dogs a few weeks ago, and now i see AC3 has a counter system that is almost exactly what i thought about so maybe my idea of reverse countering will be in a game some time. one can hope. :)

@jexx - yes. it does sound like it. in all AC games (besides AC1) there were different archetypes for enemies that had different weeknesses but they all had different behaviours but they weren't 1 or 0. they weren't always doing the same thing. they had some variations of their responses. it was OK, basically. less predictable than batman's AI.

and batman's combat was challenging because of many reasons - the AI attacked more often than in AC (so it seems to me before playing the game), they were many, they had a LOT of variety thanks to their weapons etc, they did quit some damage to batman, health only regenerated according to how well you fought so you weren't ALWAYS at full health (though i usually was) etc.
but frankly i agree that even on HARD batman wasnt that hard. i finished the game on hard in my 1st playthrough and had a hard time in the beginning, not to mention that i didnt upgrade bat's health (armor) all the way to the end of the game so i was pretty fragile and loved it. i had a very hard time with combat in the beginning, but once i got the hang of the rhythem of things i got through it on HARD without too much fuss.
only new game + made me really feel like im fighting and like i need to play GOOD and smart and plan my strikes ahead. the omittion of the counter indicators and the faster more aggressive enemies made the combat so much more fun, challenging and satisfying.

JarodRussel2012
09-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Yeah, crouching and even crawling would have been nice additions for the stealth angle of the game. There were many moments in the previous AC games where it would have been great to lie flat down or crouch.

Another thing about the seasons... they change with the sequences, but not in a natural cycle like rain and fog? So when the main story is finished, it's either always summer or always winter?

MT4K
09-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah, crouching and even crawling would have been nice additions for the stealth angle of the game. There were many moments in the previous AC games where it would have been great to lie flat down or crouch.

Another thing about the seasons... they change with the sequences, but not in a natural cycle like rain and fog? So when the main story is finished, it's either always summer or always winter?

After you complete the game you can freely choose which season you want.

JarodRussel2012
09-29-2012, 11:52 PM
After you complete the game you can freely choose which season you want.
Oooh, that's awesome!

Legendz54
09-30-2012, 04:27 AM
http://youtu.be/olYAVbnmc4w

pacmanate
09-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Asking OP about framerate is pointless!

NOLA_Assassin
09-30-2012, 11:16 AM
How about the human shield? Did you ever use that?

White24Room
09-30-2012, 12:04 PM
I've a question, what change with the free runing and the sprint ? (I'm talking about the controls)

Umbra_Blade
09-30-2012, 02:43 PM
How about the human shield? Did you ever use that?

Sorry didn't really get the chance to use that, mostly because I didn't know the control command for using it :p

I've a question, what change with the free runing and the sprint ? (I'm talking about the controls)

The only thing that has changed is that you no longer need to hold down the high profile button and sprint button at the same time to free run, you just hold down the high profile trigger and he will perform climbing, if it is a jump then you press the sprint (jump) button to make him commit to the leap. That is pretty much the only change to the controls there is, regarding free-running.That is pretty much the only change to the controls there is, regarding free-running.

De Filosoof
09-30-2012, 02:54 PM
The only thing that has changed is that you no longer need to hold down the high profile button and sprint button at the same time to free run, you just hold down the high profile trigger and he will perform climbing, if it is a jump then you press the sprint (jump) button to make him commit to the leap. That is pretty much the only change to the controls there is, regarding free-running.That is pretty much the only change to the controls there is, regarding free-running.

I hope it will still be fun.

i really liked the "claw" hand position and i don't think it was broke in the first place.

Umbra_Blade
09-30-2012, 03:05 PM

i really liked the "claw" hand position and i don't think it was broke in the first place.

You can still keep your hand in that position if you want, as like I said, you need to press X (PS3) or whatever it is on the 360 to perform a jump or swing, you can hold it down if you want as well, just think of that button becoming a "commit to the act" button, instead of a running button.

kudos17
09-30-2012, 03:20 PM
http://youtu.be/olYAVbnmc4w

Desmond has different animations than the ancestor this time around, YES

Jexx21
09-30-2012, 03:26 PM

Actually, it was.. in a sense. You couldn't free-run without worrying jumping off the wrong thing when you just wanted to drop down the ledge. This is a much better system.

kudos17
09-30-2012, 03:27 PM
You can still keep your hand in that position if you want, as like I said, you need to press X (PS3) or whatever it is on the 360 to perform a jump or swing, you can hold it down if you want as well, just think of that button becoming a "commit to the act" button, instead of a running button.

Hey Umbra, I'm curious as to when you jog? Like, moving the analog sticks is still walking, so if you simply hold down RT/R1, will you full on sprint, or just jog and freerun? Because I've seen Connor jog and sprint differently in some videos, but does it depend on the situation, or...

Umbra_Blade
09-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Hey Umbra, I'm curious as to when you jog? Like, moving the analog sticks is still walking, so if you simply hold down RT/R1, will you full on sprint, or just jog and freerun? Because I've seen Connor jog and sprint differently in some videos, but does it depend on the situation, or...

Right;
to walk you simply move the analog stick forward,
to fast walk/ jog, you hold down the sprint button (X or A)
to run/ sprint you hold down the high profile button (R1 or RB)

The analogue stick can be used to get varying degrees of speed in each mode as well. hopefully that helps.

ACfan443
09-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Sooo..how was the framerate seeing as it was played on a PS3?

EDIT: apologies, it seems you've already answered that question.

Umbra_Blade
09-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Sooo..how was the framerate seeing as it was played on a PS3?

It was fine to me, I can't tell you what the frame rate value was, for obvious reasons, but the game didn't lag or become choppy at all when I was playing the game. But I don't think there was much strain on the engine in either sequence, compared to something like, say, the battle of Bunker Hill. But the demos I played the display didn't have a noticeable drop in frame rate.

kudos17
09-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Right;

The analogue stick can be used to get varying degrees of speed in each mode as well. hopefully that helps.

O.o

Ugh, that is so... unorthodox. I hope the controls are changeable...

lonewarrior30
09-30-2012, 04:02 PM
It was fine to me, I can't tell you what the frame rate value was, for obvious reasons, but the game didn't lag or become choppy at all when I was playing the game. But I don't think there was much strain on the engine in either sequence, compared to something like, say, the battle of Bunker Hill. But the demos I played the display didn't have a noticeable drop in frame rate.

how can you hide behind walls (like in the boston demo) do you just walk up to the walls or do you have to press a specific button?

De Filosoof
09-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Actually, it was.. in a sense. You couldn't free-run without worrying jumping off the wrong thing when you just wanted to drop down the ledge. This is a much better system.

Well, people could just release the A (xbox) or X(ps3) button if they don't want to jump right?
I don't see the problem.

Maybe it's a good idea for next gen consoles to just press 1 button and it completes the mission automatically, that way people can't fall from buildings or die. Problem solved.

Are you a PC gamer?

pacmanate
09-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Right;

Wait so when you hold down X or A I am guessing walking and jogging is pressure sensitive to how much you move the analogue stick??

This is why I said asking you about framerate is pointless. There shouldnt be frame rate drops in enclosed tomb like areas as they are very small. Frame rate drops will/should/shouldn't be noticable in the free roam areas like frontier and boston.

Well, people could just release the A (xbox) or X(ps3) button if they don't want to jump right?
I don't see the problem.

Maybe it's a good idea for next gen consoles to just press 1 button and it completes the mission automatically, that way people can't fall from buildings or die. Problem solved.

Are you a PC gamer?

Yeah I didn't ever jump off something I didn't want to.... I liked the claw.

Medo3G
09-30-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W9lYazfB4E

Umbra_Blade
09-30-2012, 04:51 PM
how can you hide behind walls (like in the boston demo) do you just walk up to the walls or do you have to press a specific button?

You just walk up to the corner or stalking area and Connor will automatically lean against it, if you want to come out, you just simply walk away from it. No button pressing is necessary.

Wait so when you hold down X or A I am guessing walking and jogging is pressure sensitive to how much you move the analogue stick??

from my memory (which can be pretty poor sometimes, so don't take my word as solid fact :p), varying degrees of speed can be done with different pressures on the analog stick. I can't really remember clearly what button I was pressing when, as I just did what felt natural, and kept my focus on the screen. The button controls I posted are just what I vaguely recall. But I do remember you can get varying degrees of movement, from walking to fast walking, to jogging, to running.

pacmanate
09-30-2012, 05:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W9lYazfB4E

Nice interview! Thanks :)

shobhit7777777
09-30-2012, 05:22 PM

It isn't hard in the traditional sense...but it is hard to make it look like you're Batman. I expect the same from AC3. To look like an utter killing machine would require skill otherwise you are left with mashing and bumbling about.

Nothing is more gratifying in Arkham City than using 3 gadgets in a combo and maintaining a perfect freeflow.

HisSpiritLives
09-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Nice interview! Thanks :)

Is there something new?

eagleforlife1
09-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Is there something new?

Nope