PDA

View Full Version : Boston Tea Party Trailer [Potential Spoilers]

Vex_Assassin
09-27-2012, 05:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLRLT1pK9ks

LoyalACFan
09-27-2012, 07:44 PM
I wish they'd stop making trailers like this. It doesn't really tell you anything about the game, and it'll only encourage the whole "Ubisoft is anti-Britain" stuff again.

SaintPerkele
09-27-2012, 07:49 PM
My first thoughts were "meh, I like the artstyle, but that's about it, what about the Assassins?". And whent he epic music started (oh I hope that is a soundtrack) and the narrator talked about the "Revolution that mattered" I was absolutely amazed. Nice!

I wish they'd stop making trailers like this. It doesn't really tell you anything about the game, and it'll only encourage the whole "Ubisoft is anti-Britain" stuff again.
No, it doesn't. The beginning implies that, but essentially the trailer says "the American Revolution did actually not matter". Connor is not shown hunting redcoats, but instead Templars (who are not clearly distinguishable as partiots or Brits). Basically, this trailer shows pretty nicely how Ubisoft's marketing evolved over the last few months.

rileypoole1234
09-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Okay that was really awesome. I love the secret history idea behind it.

pacmanate
09-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Crap trailer is crap.

MT4K
09-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Crap trailer is crap.

"Life is full of little disappointments" - Desmond.

DavisP92
09-27-2012, 08:11 PM

I disagree with you, it is humorous that people are annoyed that the Ubisoft is somewhat stating the truth when it comes to this trailer. They stated that the tea party was an important event in a war that did create a country. But even better they showed the whole there was a hidden war.

Loved that part.

freddie_1897
09-27-2012, 08:22 PM
I disagree with you, it is humorous that people are annoyed that the Ubisoft is somewhat stating the truth when it comes to this trailer. They stated that the tea party was an important event in a war that did create a country. But even better they showed the whole there was a hidden war.

Loved that part.
just because its funny that some people are oversensitive doesn't mean they should make pointless trailers that make said people more annoyed. no good can come of it. the only thing its doing is giving the oversensitive people more reasons at for why they shouldn't buy it. that may not be a problem for you. but for Ubisoft it certainly is

ACfan443
09-27-2012, 08:26 PM
People who are unintelligent and have selective hearing will only focus on one part of the trailer - "it was a slap on the empire's face" obviously the narrator said that this part of the revolution didn't matter, but people are quick to make uneducated comments, such as 'OH EM GEE THISGAMEISAMERICANPROPAGANDA-NOTBUYING'

Personally, I liked the trailer, it had the traditional AC atmosphere.

pacmanate
09-27-2012, 08:28 PM
"Life is full of little disappointments" - Desmond.

Haha, I am not really disappointed. I don't need any more AC3 videos now, only a month left!

DavisP92
09-27-2012, 08:30 PM
just because its funny that some people are oversensitive doesn't mean they should make pointless trailers that make said people more annoyed. no good can come of it. the only thing its doing is giving the oversensitive people more reasons at for why they shouldn't buy it. that may not be a problem for you. but for Ubisoft it certainly is

Logically your reasoning is sound. I can agree with you as well when it comes to this trailer is pretty pointless compared to what really should be shown like new gameplay (not spoilers). But still those that are oversensitive to the subject are really not acting rationally, the game is about the American Revolution, in which the assassin do have the same basic goal as the colonist (Freedom). Of course there will be enemies on both sides so that's obvious :P. If this was a different battle/war people wouldn't care, the only reason they are angry is because they are in some way anti-america.

Edit: I still think that the way they did this trailer was interesting though, kinda reminded me of Project Legacy. And still enjoyed the last part where they showed Connor watching the guys in the window

Sushiglutton
09-27-2012, 09:32 PM
They just can't stop doing the crappy "carry boxes"- missions lol. Nah just kidding, it looks fine.

MT4K
09-27-2012, 09:35 PM
They just can't stop doing the crappy "carry boxes"- missions lol. Nah just kidding, it looks fine.

They have enhanced it and it looks like you can also throw them. It's truly a sequel to end all sequels ;).

Sushiglutton
09-27-2012, 09:38 PM
They have enhanced it and it looks like you can also throw them. It's truly a sequel to end all sequels ;).

Yeah it's next-gen box carrying :D!

freddie_1897
09-27-2012, 09:38 PM
i wish they had that in revelations:

"CARRY MY BOXES"

*throws them in the direction of where they are meant to be taken* "TAKE YOUR STUPID BOXES, IM BUSY FREEING THE OPPRESSED"

Assassin_M
09-27-2012, 11:38 PM
So the only trailer actually showing templars still gets complaints ?

Umbra_Blade
09-28-2012, 12:07 AM
So the only trailer actually showing templars still gets complaints ?

Welcome to the internet, where there are always some people who have a hissy-fit over the tiniest things :p

Tzeentch_859
09-28-2012, 01:48 AM
I enjoyed that trailer. It's good to hear Jupiter's voice again!

NOLA_Assassin
09-28-2012, 04:51 AM
That last shot with Connor watching was awesome.

im3jia
09-28-2012, 05:13 AM
This has the same graphics as Assassin's Creed Ascendance, maybe another short film?

Or it can just be what it is, A Boston Tea Party trailer.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 05:14 AM
This has the same graphics as Assassins creed ascendance, maybe another short film?
Its just a trailer of an event that happens in the game, how can it be a short film ?

DarkDreamer95
09-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Loved it. I don't mind not getting new gameplay footage. I thought the trailer was very well made ^.^

projectpat06
09-28-2012, 07:05 AM
I swear people need to get over the whole anti-british stuff. Hello, that's what the American Revolution was about!! Britain's government obviously blew at the time in terms of colonial governing given the sheer volume of people who revolted by the time war broke out. That was over two centuries ago so there shouldn't be any cry babies. Besides this trailer did a good job showing that the American revolution/ British oppression is just the back drop for the Assassin/Templar war.

Locopells
09-28-2012, 08:35 AM
^ Agree with most of that, but the tone's just gonna provoke people.

Personally, as someone who complained about the marketing in the past, I was OK with this trailer. Pretty much states fact, and goes with the Secret War theme, which works. The only niggle is yet another dramatic shot of Connor under the US flag Given the whole trailer is about the BTP, we don't really need it to set the era, and it's that kinda thing which restarts the complaints.

But hey, what the hell - this close to the release it doesn't really matter anymore. I'm more bothered at a 2 minuted trailer only having 10 seconds of actual gameplay in. Dunno why people keep saying he's killing Templars in it either- he doesn't kill anyone, the only kill is taken from the E3 trailer...