PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's! What is your favorite AC moment and why? :)

infamous_ezio
09-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Boy oh boy, only 35 days next and i'm just as pumped as you guys are :) But, let's take a moment to really appreciate why we love assassin's creed :)
What is your favorite moment in the AC series? and why?

A few of mine:

Probably the most epic, when ezio first gets his assassin outfit, i really grew to enjoy ezio, kind of sad we're leaving him, but connor looks pretty bad ***...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXTceUqtS7A

The last AC2 glyph puzzle, well all of them are amazing, this one especially freaks me out every god. **** time. just the insanity and mysteriousness of clay, it really was amazing how they portrayed him here, just that last bit... "Ah, the moon, i can see the stars. My mind is gone, Lucy, i can't wait any longer , i'm ready to go, she see's me raise the knife.." (this last bit makes me hate lucy that much more... she watched him kill himself...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCnpebzbGI4

TinyTemplar
09-27-2012, 04:13 PM
My favorite moment (T_T)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FThVFUzol2k

"Choose your own way. Do not follow me or anyone else" - in Russian it that moment sounds especially epic

tjbyrum1
09-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Machiavelli: Where are you going?

Ezio: To make some friends.

LoyalACFan
09-27-2012, 04:18 PM
The infiltration of the Vatican in AC2 is pretty awesome. As was telling the Pope to go **** himself.

tjbyrum1
09-27-2012, 04:22 PM
My favorite moment (T_T)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FThVFUzol2k

"Choose youir own way. Do not follow me or enyone else" - in Russian it that moment sounds especially epic

Holy ****! I've never seen this video (I don't have the DLC for ACII). That was a good speech in my opinion.

Almost like it was meant for me though. I always do whatever anyone else tells me to do, as long as I think it is right of course.

MT4K
09-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Spoilers i guess for anybody that's not played the games :p.

AC1 - Leap of faith from the Masyaf Tower at the beginning of the game.
AC2 - Opening with Ezio and his Brother on top of the church.
ACB - Ezio getting the bodies of his Father and Brothers.
ACR - Walking through the tunnel as Altair putting the torches out and then doing the same thing with Ezio afterwards lighting them.

TheHumanTowel
09-27-2012, 04:25 PM
"It is a good life we lead brother"
http://i.imgur.com/q41bG.jpg

And yeah the last AC2 glyph was amazing.

Stroonzje
09-27-2012, 04:31 PM
When the doors open and desmonds escapes from the animus room, i always wondered what was past the door...

infamous_ezio
09-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Spoilers i guess for anybody that's not played the games :p.

AC1 - Leap of faith from the Masyaf Tower at the beginning of the game.
AC2 - Opening with Ezio and his Brother on top of the church.
ACB - Ezio getting the bodies of his Father and Brothers.
ACR - Walking through the tunnel as Altair putting the torches out and then doing the same thing with Ezio afterwards lighting them.

Yeah the church bit is amazing:)

when does he get the bodies of his brothers and father in ACB? :\

MT4K
09-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah the church bit is amazing:)

when does he get the bodies of his brothers and father in ACB? :\

It's a repressed memory.

lothario-da-be
09-27-2012, 06:11 PM
For me
- the leap of faith in masyaf in ac1
-Ezio gets his robes
-Ezios family got killed
-The whole monterigioni attack in acb
-the lucy stab
-acr ezio, altair ending
-the final mission before you go to cappadocia, with those burning ships.

Subject J80
09-27-2012, 06:16 PM
AC1: The opening animus scene. Still one of the best openings to a video game. EVER.
AC2: The donning of the Assassins Robes
ACB: Pantheon assassination. Having been lucky enough to visit Rome I love The Pantheon, so this was just amazing.
ACR: Masyaf Tomb. Ezio & Altair. Epic. Gets me every time.
AC Embers: Ezio's Speech.

Ielgon
09-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Definitely Ezio getting his robes and his fathers equipment. It was the first time we saw someone who wasn't an Assassin starting on his journey and it was (in my opinion) one of the best "suiting-up" moments ever. It was also the moment that started us as a player on Ezio's journey as an Assassin, and the gameplay right after where AC2 "finally" transformed into being an Assassin's Creed game.

And I also love the moments the logo appears on screen and the camera pans out with some great atmospheric music to show Ezio and the city in AC2, ACB and ACR (especially AC2 with "It is a good life we lead brother."). I hope AC3 has something similair, but with the frontier and on a mountain top or something (Race amongst the mohawk village children perhaps? Of course after that they'll see their village burning in the distance and rush there starting Connor's story as an Assassin).

These two moments from AC2 are basically the ones that made me stick with it and love the series.

POP1Fan
09-27-2012, 06:27 PM
AC1: The intro where Altair rushes Robert de Sable, because I really like the arogant Alty.
AC2: Probably the beggining with the two brothers is going to take this one for obvious reasons.
ACB: Lucy's death, because I hate her.
ACR: Hard to pick one... so many good moments in this one... I guess the part where Ezio stands next to Altairs skeleton takes it. It's like the end of a generation. I love it.

HisSpiritLives
09-27-2012, 06:33 PM
There were really cool moments especialy with Ezio ,when he get assassins robe,beggining of AC2 on top of church with brother,when Ezio becomes Mentor and at the end when he gets in Altairs libary. There are lot of them but those came first

Assassin_M
09-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Ezio`s Birth..

Pervert side; however, tends to replay Brotherhood just for Caterina:p

HisSpiritLives
09-27-2012, 06:36 PM
AC1: The intro where Altair rushes Robert de Sable, because I really like the arogant Alty.
AC2: Probably the beggining with the two brothers is going to take this one for obvious reasons.
ACB: Lucy's death, because I hate her.
ACR: Hard to pick one... so many good moments in this one... I guess the part where Ezio stands next to Altairs skeleton takes it. It's like the end of a generation. I love it.

Yeah it was soo emotional when he says ,,rest in peace Mentor,, and ,,I saw enough for this life ,, i almost cried.

HisSpiritLives
09-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Ezio`s Birth..

Pervert side; however, tends to replay Brotherhood just for Caterina:p

Yeah that one crossed my mind it was epic :D

cmrggamer
09-27-2012, 10:36 PM
AC1: It's hard for me to choose a favorite moment as it's been quite a while since I've played it. Honestly, I just love the whole atmosphere of the game. There's something very unique about it, it's hard for me to explain. I guess what I really liked was the grey area--whenever Altair assassinated the templars and listened to their reasons it was never so black and white, compared to AC2. In my opinion. It looks like AC3 might go back to this idea, which I'm excited for.
AC2: The family death scene and Ezio putting on the assassin robes, like a lot of other people are saying.
ACB: Someone mentioned the quote from Ezio about making friends, which I also enjoyed. I also liked the scene when they enter the French camp and he tells them he's from Montreal (when asked from where in France he was from). It made me laugh. I guess it could be because lots of my family is French XD Little shout out to Ubi, too haha
ACR: Definitely my favorite moment was when Altair locked himself in the library and Ezio finds his remains and speaks to Desmond. I thought it was a very powerful scene.
I also love Ezio's final speech from Embers. I think it's beautiful.

iSoTryHard
09-27-2012, 11:37 PM
they are more like my favourite lines but in ac 2 "you think me blind and deaf son"
the ezio speech

and "ezio where is your hookblade" "my hookblade"

and when his family dies

the assassins creed 2 writers are truly legendary

so many to choose though

altairezio1993
09-28-2012, 12:58 AM
I really really wish that Revelations somehow incorporated Embers beause this speech "When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three." sums up the whole Ezio trilogy in such an incredible way.
Anyway, from each of the games i'd have to say;
AC1 - Hard choice, my favourite along with the sequel, but it's a tie between the messages on the wall at the end and the first leap.
AC2 - again, so many to choose, it's a tie again with the opening sequence (a good life we lead brother...the music everything about that scene, you know it's going to be an incredible game) and the Vault at the end which changed the series completely
ACB - The ending of Ezio's story in the game, when Cesare is in a hologram and you see Ezio place the apple, first time I saw that scene, don't know why, it was my favourite one from the game.
ACR - The obvious choice of the last memory sequence of Ezio, the whole Altair/Ezio lights sequence, Ezio's speech, finding the skeleton, the whole sequence, what a great way to wrap everything up.

Tzeentch_859
09-28-2012, 01:42 AM
AC1: Clays messages and glyphs on the walls and floors at Abstergo.
AC2: Title screen with Ezio and Federico on the church tower.
ACB: Loved the cluster audio snippets, especially the one about the cable tv channel, Comstatic. That had me kinda freaked out
about how far Abstergo will go. The audio and the chess moves were fantastic.
ACR: Pretty much the whole ending sequence starting from animus island being 'deleted'.

xXMrGR1NCHXx
09-28-2012, 02:34 AM
"It's a good life we lead, brother."
"The best. May it never change."
"And may it never change us."

So epic.

projectpat06
09-28-2012, 04:52 AM
For me, out of all of the games, it was Infiltrating the Sistine Chapel in AC2, attempting to assassinate the Pope during Mass, and then finding out that "God" was in the vault with Ezio being the "Prophet". Being Catholic and having an interest in the history of the Church and the mysteries of Christianity, that anticipating moment before you supposedly meet "God" had goosebumps running down my arms. After investing all that time into this game's conspiracy, there hadn't been a bigger moment that left me thinking "What the Fack!?" and craving for more answers. I almost had to reassure myself that this was completely fictional. That is what I would call excellent writing.

The beginning of AC2 comes in a close second. It also chills with them on top of the church with the Duomo in the background and the Jesper Kidd's music playing.

theshankpimp19
09-28-2012, 05:02 AM
****ing up the Pope.

roostersrule2
09-28-2012, 05:55 AM
AC1-The Ending, it was so cryptic and was half the reason I bought AC2.
AC2-The bit on the roof with Ezio and Federico, it's my equal first favourite moment in gaming also the ending which is arguably the most important part in the series so far.
ACB-The whole first sequence it was the best part of the game and again the ending it was the biggest cliffhanger ever.
ACR-The ending it is also equal first as my favourite moments in gaming.

My other favourite moments are from RDR
1. When you first ride from Macfarlane's Ranch to Armadillo.
2. (RDR spoilers) After you kill Dutch and you ride home to your family.
3. (Huge RDR spoilers) When Mr. Marston dies. (Even though I had it spoiled)

utriej
09-28-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm a few hours from finishing a full 4 game playthrough so a bunch are still fresh in my mind...
AC1- The opening animus sequence is up there, but my favorite moment is one of the final assassinations where you kill the guy out on the boat. After the reasearch side missions there's cutscene where he kills a guy publically then retreats to his boat and screams like a coward on your whole approach. You can sneak up on him bounding across posts and boats (avoid those drunks and crazies!!), then climb the back of the boat, walk up behind him and bam....Few other great moments from the game, but that's my favorite sqeuence of fun.

AC2- Of course Ezio and brother on top of the church, one of my favorite gaming moments of all time. Gotta admit though, the whole set of Carnivale missions are pretty fun too though.

ACB- The scene with Caterina : ) OR the whole attack on the villa. Really this is my favorite game of them all for a ton of reasons. AC2 was epic, but I just enjoyed ACB more. During my playthrough of all 4 this again was my favorite game.

ACR- The final scene with Altiar, Ezio, Desmond thing. Closest a game will ever get to making ya tear up.

Kaschra
09-28-2012, 06:22 PM
AC1:
- The Ending with Clay's cryptic message.
- The ending in Altair's time
- Altair fighting Maria and realising his opponent is a woman.

Altair: What sorcery is this?!
Cracks me up every time xD
- The assassination of Sibrand. I really like his death speech.

Altaīr: But you'll be safe now, held in the arms of your god.
Sibrand: Have my brothers taught you nothing!? I know what waits for me, for all of us!
Altaīr: If not your god, then what?
Sibrand: Nothing. Nothing waits... and that is what I fear.

AC2:
- The opening sequence with Federico and Ezio. It gives me chills.
- Ezio putting on the assassin's robes for the first time.
- the Ending. Such a WTF-Ending, I just love it. And I absolutely love Desmond's "WHAT. THE. ****."
- Mario's "It's a-me, Mario!"
- The ending of the "Bonfire of Vanities" DLC. Ezio's speech is really aweome.
- Not an actual scene, but I find Altair's codex pages to be really memorable, especially tzhe last one, which was utterly depressing...
- I love Clay's glyphs. Especially the last one and the "Bloodlines" Glyph:

“I don’t know what’s happening to me. I’ve been in the machine, they keep putting me back in. And I am losing control. It’s all blurring together. I’m holding a rifle, Gettysburg is in the distance. I just stabbed a man, and there’s blood on my waistcoat. I’m at the opera, the soprano is so beautiful. I’m in bed with her, she cries as I **** her. I’m speaking at the Forum, no one listens. I’m in the forest, hunting. The moon. I can see the moon. I’m here. I have to stay here until you understand! Listen. Why do we have these gifts, these abilities? Because it’s in our blood.”
It really shows how desperate and confused Clay was ;__;

ACB:
- The first sequence with the attack on Monteriggioni.
- Claudia's initiation to the assassin's brotherhood
- Desmond and Lucy making their way to the sanctuary in the beginning of the game... or all the modern day sequences in general.
- the WTF ending
- The Truth with Desmond talking to Clay's hologram
- Ezio meeting Bartolomeo's wife:

Bartolomeo: Wait here. You have to meet my wife. Pantasilea! Pantasilea! Where is she?
Ezio: Did you check behind the table?

ACR:
- The whole ending, starting of with the deletion of the Animus island.
That scene combined with the "Scheduled for deletion" soundtrack was so powerful, and it has one of my fave quotes of the whole AC franchi9se:

“What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live! The tales we tell ourselves!”
When Ezio finds Altair's skeleton... this scene is just so **** epic and emotional.

Ezio: No books... no wisdom... Just you, fratello mio (my brother). Requiescat in pace, Altaīr.
Altair's death was so sad... and his last task "Sit a moment and rest." Seriously, Ubisoft? That's just cruel...
And when Ezio starts talking to Desmond... man, that was just amazing...
I replayed the ending so many times. It's one of the most emotional and amzing scenes of all games and probably my absolute favourite. I admit it - I cried like a waterfall.

I also like:
- Altair's fifth memory "The mentor's return".
- Basically every scene with Yusuf and Sofia
- The minstrel mission. So epic and funny xD

Honourable mention to Assassin's Creed Embers, which was a huge cryfest for me. Seeing the dead body of Ezio, the shocked expressions on the faces of Sofia and Flavia and hearing the words Ezio wrote in his last letter was so heartbreaking ;__;

POP1Fan
09-28-2012, 06:31 PM
"I'm in the forest, hunting" seems interesting, since we know Clay also had an ancestor in the American Revolution. But of course, you can hunt in any place, any time...
Sorry for getting off-topic.

HisSpiritLives
09-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Almost every moment in AC game is epic or I am just too big fan :D

zainzombie
09-28-2012, 10:16 PM
When Ezio has to see his father and brothers die and he is helpless and cant do anything to save them. Even typing that gives me shivers.. Why?.. mainly because I guess that's something I can relate to.

The whole family breaking into pieces taking Ezio's innocence with it in the process and him becoming a part of the creed to avenge his family.. the whole thing was done beautifully in my opinion.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 10:25 PM
When Desmond has to see his father and brothers die and he is helpless and cant do anything to save them. Even typing that gives me shivers.. Why?.. mainly because I guess that's something I can relate to.

The whole family breaking into pieces taking Ezio's innocence with it in the process and him becoming a part of the creed to avenge his family.. the whole thing was done beautifully in my opinion.
Desmond ? o_0

zainzombie
09-28-2012, 10:30 PM
^^Lol sorryl.. I meant Ezio.

freddie_1897
09-28-2012, 10:31 PM
When Ezio has to see his father and brothers die and he is helpless and cant do anything to save them. Even typing that gives me shivers.. Why?.. mainly because I guess that's something I can relate to.

something you can relate to?

****, i don't want to know what you've been through

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 10:32 PM
^^Lol sorryl.. I meant Ezio.
I know.. Was just kidding wit ya:p

zainzombie
09-28-2012, 10:51 PM
something you can relate to?

****, i don't want to know what you've been through
Yea.. just a little bit.. nothing as bad as it sounds when you read my post.

Since I am posting again, another favourite moment was in Ac1 when Altair gets back to Masyaf at the end of the game and the entire village is hypnotized.. it was pretty creepy yet awesome.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Yea.. just a little bit.. nothing as bad as it sounds when you read my post.

Since I am posting again, another favourite moment was in Ac1 when Altair gets back to Masyaf at the end of the game and the entire village is hypnotized.. it was pretty creepy yet awesome.
I hope you dont relate to that too.. >_>

zainzombie
09-28-2012, 11:15 PM
I hope you dont relate to that too.. >_>
Hahaha... nah.. but that would have been cool.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Hahaha... nah.. but that would have been cool.
I wouldn't wanna be the enslaved, though xD

INDIANA_PRIDE
09-28-2012, 11:44 PM
I would say favorite part out of all the games was when "whats her face lol" says Desmond's name at the end of AC2 letting Ezio know there was something out there. That moment had me sweating waiting for ACB.

TheDanteEX
09-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Am I the only one who just loved Altair and Abbas's conversation before the latter's death? It says a lot about who Abbas was, excellently expanding on his character in ACR after almost none in AC1, and how much Altair had grown.

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Am I the only one who just loved Altair and Abbas's conversation before the latter's death? It says a lot about who Abbas was, excellently expanding on his character in ACR after almost none in AC1, and how much Altair had grown.
That was my favorite Altair Memories moment..

Soulid_Snake
09-29-2012, 01:34 AM
It has to be, the first time I ran across the roofs in Florence, with the angelic music playing and the sun beaming down, beautiful!

Chariflame
09-29-2012, 03:08 AM
The first time I saw ACII's ending still rings really strongly with me. I had this lingering feeling of uneasiness and being watched throughout Minerva's speech, and then when she turned to the camera and looked at me, it was horrifying and amazing all at once. We've had some crazy endings since, but that always sticks with me.

Ezio talking to Desmond is another favourite of mine, something I'd wanted since ACII. It was very emotional. "Who are we, who are so blessed to share our stories like this? To speak across centuries?"

While I loved the whole of The Lost Archive too, the sheer beauty and symbolism of falling through the sky as you enter the loop was just beautiful, too.