PDA

View Full Version : suggestion

Roleplayman
09-27-2012, 01:13 AM
i havent played any of the series and i want to get into the game can i start out with playing assassin's creed 3?

tjbyrum1
09-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Yes, it is a good place to jump in says various AC personnel.

However it is the end of the current series too, so you'll spoil the entire story also. Plus AC3 is far more 'advanced' (in terms of features and gameplay) than other games so you may not find them as fun after playing AC3.

iSoTryHard
09-27-2012, 01:30 AM
you can but i would reccomend getting the eariler copies of the game so you you know the controls, story etc. hope this helps:p

rileypoole1234
09-27-2012, 01:38 AM
Ubi has said themselves that AC3 is a good place to jump on board. I can't recommend playing AC2 enough though, it's a fantastic game anyway but there's important story stuff. It's cheap now also so I'd recommend it.

You probably won't be completely lost if you start out with AC3, there'll definitely be a recap of what's happened at the beginning of the game.

Eskaminzim
09-27-2012, 07:06 AM
I would recommend playing all of the games if you REALLY care about the story. If not so much I would ATLEAST buy AC2 if I were you. I think they just announced a box set of AC2, ACB and ACR for like 40 dollars. With that you would only be missing out on AC1, which isn't that bad. You could always just watch a playthrough on YouTube if you want to know the story and not have to buy all the games. Hope that helped a little. :)

Sushiglutton
09-27-2012, 07:42 AM
The main character in Assassins Creed is a guy named Desmond who lives in our time. Using a machine called the animus he can experience the lifes of his ancestors. Each ancestor's life is pretty much a seperate story. AC3 will feature a new ancestor, Connor, and a new timeperiod to explore. In that sense it is a perfect game to start with. On the other hand this is the fifth part of the modern Desond-storyline, so I don't think it will make much sense. The modern part is typically a small fraction of the entire game, so it may not be that much of a problem if you cant follow along with that.

I recomend taking a chance and just get AC3. Playing through all four games in a month will likely make you very tired of the franchise as the games are pretty similar. If you only want to play one I'd recomend the first as it sets up the story (some of the gameplay/missions are atrocious though).

projectpat06
09-27-2012, 08:17 AM
I would highly suggest AC2 before you play AC3. As stated above, it may not be as enjoyable to play AC3 then go back to AC2 due to gameplay and spoilers, but AC2 is still a great game. The major plots twists and WTF moments with the present day story are great. Plus it recaps AC1 pretty well. Brotherhood and Revelations IMO are great too with some excellent added mechanics but you may get tired of the series by the time AC3 is out. So I suggest reading up on AC1, play AC2 all the way through which should kill some time in the next month, and read up on/ watch the cutscenes for AC:Brotherhood and Revelations. If you happen to love AC2 and still have time before AC3, try to fit in Brotherhood since it's basically a huge AC2 DLC.

Eskaminzim
09-27-2012, 01:50 PM
the main character in assassins creed is a guy named desmond who lives in our time. Using a machine called the animus he can experience the lifes of his ancestors. Each ancestor's life is pretty much a seperate story. Ac3 will feature a new ancestor, connor, and a new timeperiod to explore. In that sense it is a perfect game to start with. On the other hand this is the fifth part of the modern desond-storyline, so i don't think it will make much sense. The modern part is typically a small fraction of the entire game, so it may not be that much of a problem if you cant follow along with that.

I recomend taking a chance and just get ac3. Playing through all four games in a month will likely make you very tired of the franchise as the games are pretty similar. If you only want to play one i'd recomend the first as it sets up the story (some of the gameplay/missions are atrocious though).

this. ^^