PDA

View Full Version : What Mini-Games Are Available?

tjbyrum1
09-26-2012, 03:44 PM
I've read that checkers were available, but what else?

"Fanarola" or something...?

Also, you like the addition of these? I loved Poker, Blackjack, and Liar's Dice and stuff in RDR.

Locopells
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Bowls. Also, splitting up two guys having a fight.

Sushiglutton
09-26-2012, 04:17 PM
I prefer to play those games vs human opponents. The AI is too weak in RDR. Basically it knows the rules but not much more. What would be cool though is if the player you faced actually were other humans u played online. Like the system in Demon Souls were players appears as shadows in ur world. Probably a bit too ambitious though lol.

BBALive
09-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Fanorona, Morris and Bowls.

Assassin_M
09-26-2012, 07:24 PM
I've read that checkers were available, but what else?

"Fanarola" or something...?

Also, you like the addition of these? I loved Poker, Blackjack, and Liar's Dice and stuff in RDR.
Poker and blackjack in 1780s ? Nope.. they weren't there yet... Hell.. I dont think Blackjack even existed during Red Dead xD

LoyalACFan
09-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Bowls. Also, splitting up two guys having a fight.

I think that's more of a random event rather than a mini-game.

tjbyrum1
09-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Poker and blackjack in 1780s ? Nope.. they weren't there yet... Hell.. I dont think Blackjack even existed during Red Dead xD

No I wasn't suggesting Poker/Blackjack, I was just saying I liked them in RDR.

eagleforlife1
09-26-2012, 09:01 PM

The first written recording of Blackjack was referenced in Don Quixote, written in very early seventeenth century.

BBALive
09-26-2012, 09:03 PM

Blackjack goes back as early as the 17th century.

YuurHeen
09-26-2012, 09:27 PM
the naval battles are mini games that will be in the game.

BBALive
09-26-2012, 09:40 PM
the naval battles are mini games that will be in the game.

Naval battles aren't mini-games.

YuurHeen
09-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Naval battles aren't mini-games.

it kinda is. it is a little game within a bigger game. i call that a mini game.

UbiGabe
09-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Naval battles are kinda minigames just like a lit matchstick is kinda a bonfire.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but you started it, haha! :P

LoyalACFan
09-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Naval battles are kinda minigames just like a lit matchstick is kinda a bonfire.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but you started it, haha! :P

Gabe, my bestest friend in the whole wide world, can you pretty please tell us how the minigames work? :D

Are they pretty much like real-life board games, or is it more chance-based like ACB's dice game? And are there gambling parlors you visit, or do you play them on the Homestead?

UbiGabe
09-26-2012, 10:30 PM
The more traditional games like checkers are just how you would expect them to be... You play against AI of varying sophistication/difficulty levels. These folks are scattered around the world inside pubs or camps. Anywhere people are gathered together in groups, you'll probably find someone who wants to play a game.

LoyalACFan
09-27-2012, 04:01 AM
The more traditional games like checkers are just how you would expect them to be... You play against AI of varying sophistication/difficulty levels. These folks are scattered around the world inside pubs or camps. Anywhere people are gathered together in groups, you'll probably find someone who wants to play a game.

Cool, thanks for the info :D

RandomRansom
11-01-2012, 10:40 AM

Hey Gabe... I'm having major issues with the trophy pertaining to these mini-games. I haven't even tried to win other games on the Homestead, but the expert level Fanorona game seems nigh impossible (if not just that). I keep getting draws or to the point where I just quit because there's no way I'll win. This "Original Gamer" trophy is only a bronze trophy, and you have to beat all the experts!? (I'm assuming)

I've tried so many different ways (literally hours spent playing), and the AI seems to have random, reactive, superior (I'd almost call it perfect) game maneuvers. How are we supposed to beat an nearly (or completely) unbeatable AI player?

I think this will be the first Assassin's Creed game in the franchise that I don't platinum (minus AC1 because it had no trophies). This makes me very, very sad.