PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me what you think about AC 2!

vicky2803
09-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Hello!

Id really appreciate it, if you would take the time to complete my survey about real settings and Assassins Creed 2, to help me fulfill the requirements for the Bachelor of Arts.

It is available in English and German under the following URL:

English:

http://student.sae.at/~12392/index.php?sid=51265&lang=en

German:

http://student.sae.at/~12392/index.php?sid=51265&lang=de

Included in this survey is an external quiz, the bartle test, which may take some time, but completing this original test will give you a lot of information about what kind of gamer you are! It classifies you as an explorer, socializer, killer or achiever and provides you with some more informations about your gamer psychology.

Thank you very much in advance for your efforts!

Tuna...no.crust
09-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Done.

Captain Tomatoz
09-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Did it :)

pacmanate
09-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Done!

Soulid_Snake
09-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Done, I enjoyed completing the surveys, that is first for me!

SaintPerkele
09-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Done, good luck with your work :)

Serrachio
09-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Just completed, and I hope the findings are helpful for you.

De Filosoof
09-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Done. :)

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Done.

Felix-Vivo
09-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Done!

JumpInTheFire13
09-26-2012, 11:06 PM
I did it. Maybe it's just me, but with some of the questions about Venice it was unclear if you were talking about real life or the game.

iSoTryHard
09-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Done

vicky2803
09-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Thank you all so much for participating! :)

Aphex_Tim
09-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Done!

Chariflame
09-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Done! It was nice to help someone out anyway, but it was also interesting to complete. I visited Venice after (and partly because of) playing ACII so it was cool to be able to draw comparisons between the game and real life.

POP1Fan
09-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Done! But I wonder why you mentioned Venice so much xD

FrankieSatt
09-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Done. I also wonder about the Venice questions. I've never been to Venice and the setting didn't really phase me one way or another.

vicky2803
09-27-2012, 03:47 PM
"But I wonder why you mentioned Venice so much xD"

Yeah, you know, because I want to know if people are interested in "real settings" ... if it made a difference that it wasn't just another imaginery setting...

"I visited Venice after (and partly because of) playing ACII so it was cool to be able to draw comparisons between the game and real life."

Nice to know! A few questions I had to delete, because the survey was too long, would have asked things like that : )

LoyalACFan
09-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Done.

vicky2803
09-28-2012, 03:40 PM
I've got an additional question:

Would you rank AC 2 in your Top5 of all games? And Why?

POP1Fan
09-28-2012, 04:09 PM

It actually is my second favourite game. Reasons? Great story, brilliant gameplay, huge beautiful world, badass character, epic music and a mind-**** ending.

LoyalACFan
09-28-2012, 07:43 PM

Yes, definitely. A beautiful setting, memorable characters, and perhaps the best soundtrack that's ever been composed for any game in history.

Kaschra
09-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Done! I was glad to help ^^

jantherocker
09-28-2012, 08:59 PM
done =)

eagleforlife1
09-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Done, good survey

vicky2803
09-30-2012, 10:21 AM
It actually is my second favourite game. Reasons? Great story, brilliant gameplay, huge beautiful world, badass character, epic music and a mind-**** ending.

I mean... I know I'm in the AC forum ^^ But all people I talked to tend to think this way =)

JarodRussel2012
09-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Here's a thing about Assassin's Creed 2 that you didn't tap with your survey. I played AC2 first, and then visited Venice and Florence, and it was so awesome and bizarre to know all the landmarks from the game. I had the feeling of "I've been here!", that was pretty cool actually.

I always enjoy when games take place in real settings, and these settings are then accurately portrayed. Crysis 2 is another example. It has New York, invaded and destroyed by Aliens. But all the landmarks are there, and you walk around and you go "Hey, I know this place!" and it's a cool feeling.

The more accurate the game is, the better, I say.

AC2 is the first game I played on PS3. I hadn't even played AC1 before, it was a total blind buy. I didn't know anything about the Desmond story, I thought it took place completely in the past. I thought the whole Real-world/Animus story was very interesting, as it's an actual explanation for ingame hud displays and controls, and for the boundaries of game maps. The real world scenes have no HUD displays, all the Animus stuff has. And if the game map ends, there's a wall telling you "The memory doesn't take place there." Which makes perfect sense. I absolutely loved that aspect.

And then the whole atmosphere. Walking through 15th century Italian cities. Climbing up the highest point and looking around that incredibly detailed world. That caught me from the start. Seeing famous landmarks and be able to explore them. Meet famous people and interact with them.

And the abilities of the character. I've never played a game before where a chracter could do so much. And ever since, I miss the climbing and free running aspect in other open world games, for example Red Dead Redemption. Heck, I also miss it in games like Crysis where you can only run and jump and climb up ladders, but that's it.

So it's not only the real setting, it's also a more realistic character, because he can do stuff you would at least consider to do in real life. In other games, it's always like "Don't even think about it, you can't do it in this game."

CalKlein
09-30-2012, 04:11 PM
completed

vicky2803
10-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Here's a thing about Assassin's Creed 2 that you didn't tap with your survey. I played AC2 first, and then visited Venice and Florence, and it was so awesome and bizarre to know all the landmarks from the game. I had the feeling of "I've been here!", that was pretty cool actually.

I always enjoy when games take place in real settings, and these settings are then accurately portrayed. Crysis 2 is another example. It has New York, invaded and destroyed by Aliens. But all the landmarks are there, and you walk around and you go "Hey, I know this place!" and it's a cool feeling.

I think I mentioned it above, I wanted to include things like this in my survey and I had statements / questions for this, but they didn't made it in the final version...

But i'm still happy for this information :) It will be very useful for the presentation I've got to do about the work.

Everyone else who completed so far: Thank you soooo much! You make me a happy, little something :D