PDA

View Full Version : How the series should end [spoilers]

Jack-Reacher
09-25-2012, 11:19 PM
The templars are about to launch the satellite and all seems to be going well, the human race will finally stop slaughtering and suicide bombing each other over such trivial matters and although there will be no freedom, at least there wil be no suffering, which is more important as the majority of life on this world is suffering. It may such for people who have it good but in the long run all happiness is really just the negation of suffering.
However just before the launch Desmond and friends managed to destroy the templar organisation and stop the launch, thus forcing human civilisation to more misery until we inevitably destroy each other.
But.. just when all hope is lost, The solar flare shatters the Giant Mirror and wipes out humanity, thus restoring the nature to normality, and all is well with the world.

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 11:21 PM
It should end with the leader of the templars shouting:
"They're assassinating them, and then they're are going to assassinate me, OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD"

No, in all seriousness, I think it will be something along the lines of what you said.

Jack-Reacher
09-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Nah no way will they end the series with the templars winning, now that this series has gotten so popular it will end with the Assassins comign out on top and all those themes from AC1 will be forgotten.
The way it should end though is with the templars somehow "winning"

dxsxhxcx
09-26-2012, 12:03 AM
it should end with this conversation after the credits:

Templar: They're all dead, then?

mole: Yes Sir. The entire farm was wiped out.

Templar: What about Bill and Rebecca?

mole: Those two are still alive.

Templar: But we have him taken care of.

mole: The cypher? Yes sir, and the satellite should become activated soon... right on schedule.

Templar: Good. Then let's look forward. Your mission was successful?

mole: Yes Sir, I recovered all the TWCB data and the apple from the Grand Temple...

Templar: And I trust you didn't expose yourself in the process.

mole: No Sir, my cover is intact. Nobody knows who I really am.

Templar: Oh - I remember hearing Daniel was sent-

mole: Yes, Daniel knew my true identity, but he's been disposed of.

Templar: Ah. Pity, but I suppose we had to lose some useful people along with the rest. It's too bad about Daniel... such a waste of talent.

mole: Yes, the inferior one was the winner after all...

Templar: Vidic really did a number on him, didn't he?

mole: That's right. Until the very end, Daniel thought he was the inferior one.

Templar: Well, it was never a good idea to meddle with brainwashing anyway, don't you think?

mole: Yes, Sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual to not have doubts about his mission.

Templar: ...On that topic... did any of those who know my identity survive?

mole: No Sir. No one knows who you really are, Shaun.

Shaun: Then we're one hundred percent. No loose ends.

mole: What should I do about the woman?

Shaun: The woman? Oh yes, Eve. We may want to use her again. She's still useful to us.

mole: Yes Sir. I'll keep her under surveillance.

Shaun: Excellent work as always, my friend. You've served your Order well.

mole: Yes. Thank you. Goodbye, Father of Understanding.

:p

Serrachio
09-26-2012, 12:07 AM
I would think it's a little too late to actually have it incorporated into AC3, considering that it has gone gold. (all major production on the game has finished)

Silhouelle
09-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Desmond should go all Snake Plissken on humanity. (Watch Escape from L.A ^^)

AltairCBM
09-26-2012, 01:31 AM
The series will end with closure. No cliffhangers this time. Thank God. I couldn't sleep the night I beat Brotherhood because all I could think about was "How could Lucy betray me like that?". As long as there isn't some stupid cop-out ending like "Desmond, you must sacrifice yourself so that the Grand Temple magically makes the bad sun thing go bye-bye". And if Dezzy pulls up that **** hood my faith will be completely restored.

Jack-Reacher
09-26-2012, 05:31 AM
Yeah I know they wont put this in the game that would be a huuuge stretch, just saying how I think the story should end, I would like to see a dark ending for once.

IWGCJoeCool
09-26-2012, 12:59 PM
does anyone really want it to end? let AC3 be a victory but not "the victory". dont we want another trilogy and another overarching main plot point?

i know i do!

JC

Jack-Reacher
09-27-2012, 09:53 AM
To me the story loses its value the longer it gets dragged on, so no. I would rather they make a new series with fresh gameplay elements that is unrelated to AC, that would be worth spending money on after AC3.

AlexEzio89
09-27-2012, 10:15 AM
first time the name of theard is wrong

is NOT the end of the series ...IS END OF THE TRILOGY
the last game with desmond NOT THE LAST GAME IN THE SERIES

corect name How the trilogy should end

IWGCJoeCool
09-27-2012, 01:59 PM
being probably the newest biggest fan of the game/series i'll put forth a couple of things...

1. no way it's done with AC3. there will either be offshoots like Brotherhood and Revelations, or just plain DLC to take you another 10-15 years further.

2. it would defy reality to continue much further into the 19th century with a robed/cloaked/hooded personality. you could thimk up a couple of possibilities, if the assassination action was done by night.

3. one idea would be that there is a storyline in London in the late 1800's. our assassin could be Jack The Ripper. the murdered prostiutes actually being Templar agents, or the Templars doing the murdering to put the populace on alert to him while he is actually stalking and killing the bad Templars of the day. much of this could take place in the gloomy gaslit nights, while our hero does Sherlock Holmes type investigations during the day. another option would be to have most of this same stuff, but our hero adapted to a Jeckyll/Hyde background.

4. another idea would be to have our hero as a Dark Ages Monk. someone else put forth in this forum that Desmond himself is as much an ancestral DNA memory as Alta'ir, Ezio, and Connor were/are. this would open up all kinds of possibilities in other areas of the old world.

5. and who knows....if Desmond were to be a memory, the story could jump hundreds of years into the future as a "present day". everyday clothing could change dramatically, and a robed/cloaked/hooded figure not stand out unrealistically at all.

anyway, food for thought. this is a great game series and i'm glad i found it. it has the blend of sci-fi, history and fictional lore that truly appeals.

JC (Ezio Calmo)

Jack-Reacher
09-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Title is correct, this is the Assassins Creed General section and I was discussing the end of the series, not the trilogy. This ending doesn't have to involve Desmond at all. In fact did you even read the post? The ending says the entire world gets wiped out by the solar flare, your saying I should say that is the end of the trilogy but the series goes on? Why even contribute that at all?

TinyTemplar
09-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Desmond will sacrifice himself for the good of humanity. I'm almost sure. Poor Desmond...

pacmanate
09-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Desmond should hang himself to save humanity.

Jack-Reacher
09-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Desmond should sacrifice himself in a moment of enlightenment to make sure the solar flare happens

TinyTemplar
09-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Desmond should hang himself to save humanity.

or stab himself

freddie_1897
09-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Desmond should sacrifice himself in a moment of enlightenment to make sure the solar flare happens
it should make desmond sacrifice his father to save humanity. a cruel trick by the manipulators who call themselves the ones who came before, out true enemies

TinyTemplar
09-27-2012, 08:38 PM
I think it also should be foolish unnecessary death. Like it always happens. You know, for saving a kitten, or fixing a broken door...

a cruel trick by the manipulators who call themselves the ones who came before, out true enemies
No, it's too predictable ;)

SteelCity999
09-27-2012, 08:45 PM
"And we know that Montezuma, the emperor of the Aztec empire, asked his people to pay him with cacao beans, in part, that was because he liked chocolate very much." ~ Paul Gepts

Jack-Reacher
09-27-2012, 09:00 PM
it should make desmond sacrifice his father to save humanity. a cruel trick by the manipulators who call themselves the ones who came before, out true enemies

Interesting, but what do they care whether the human race survives? imo in this series the human race is simply a genetic experimentation done by TWCB who happened to survive the solar flare and are now living in suffering (well the majority anyway), TWCB if anything will want Desmond to ensure the solar flare happens to return to normality.

freddie_1897
09-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Interesting, but what do they care whether the human race survives? imo in this series the human race is simply a genetic experimentation done by TWCB who happened to survive the solar flare and are now living in suffering (well the majority anyway), TWCB if anything will want Desmond to ensure the solar flare happens to return to normality.
revenge for the war that the humans were winning

TinyTemplar
09-29-2012, 07:49 PM
That makes sense. Humans have stolen the apple and that's where everything started. And Desmond is just tool for revenge.

Omg, Desmond is really going to DIE :(

Altair661
09-30-2012, 03:10 AM
I would love for the ending to play back to Altair some how...maybe Ezio too..it would be INSANE if both of them still had some sort of part in the ending. A nice little playback to those guys before we say goodbye for good to them.

Im not sure how it should end, part of me feels like it'll come down to something other than Desmond killing Vidic and stopping the Templars sattellite, that's too easy for Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed. Just for once, leave an answer, doesn't have to be definitive, but an answer to everything!

Hawk Eye 2512
09-30-2012, 04:53 AM
This is the last game so i think,ALL three ancestors of desmond will tell desmond how to stop it. But Desmond dies in the process tcwb just used Desmond as a tool.

fruitmejunje
09-30-2012, 07:36 AM
William is dead, Shawn has betrayed the Assassins and Rebecca is being held hostage, along with Eve. The templars are beating Desmond to the ground, trying to get the apple from him to launch the satellite once and for all.

templar: This is it Desmond, it's all over. Any last words?
Desmond: (on the floor surrounded, taking the apple out of his pocket) *low volume* What is a man but the sum of his memories?
templar: What's that? I can't hear you.
Desmond: (standing up) *high volume* We are the stories we live! The tales we tell ourselves!

(Epic music appears) Using the apple, Desmond creates Altair, Ezio and Connor's phantoms to help him fight the templars. While the three phantoms fight the templars, Desmond assassintes the master templar once and for all. When the battle is finished, he enters the vault. Altair, Ezio, Connor and Desmond hold the apple together, while the phantoms of other assassins appear, each with the PoE they used once. A great power was released just when the solar flare appeared, creating a shield on Earth, saving the world. But the power was far oo much for Desmond to control, slowly draining his life away. He dies in the center of the vault, as the phantoms fade away reciting in english, arabic, italian, mowhawk, russian, chinese, and others, "Rest in Peace".

lothario-da-be
09-30-2012, 10:55 AM
William is dead, Shawn has betrayed the Assassins and Rebecca is being held hostage, along with Eve. The templars are beating Desmond to the ground, trying to get the apple from him to launch the satellite once and for all.

Desmond: (on the floor surrounded, taking the apple out of his pocket) *low volume* What is a man but the sum of his memories?
Desmond: (standing up) *high volume* We are the stories we live! The tales we tell ourselves!

(Epic music appears) Using the apple, Desmond creates Altair, Ezio and Connor's phantoms to help him fight the templars. While the three phantoms fight the templars, Desmond assassintes the master templar once and for all. When the battle is finished, he enters the vault. Altair, Ezio, Connor and Desmond hold the apple together, while the phantoms of other assassins appear, each with the PoE they used once. A great power was released just when the solar flare appeared, creating a shield on Earth, saving the world. But the power was far oo much for Desmond to control, slowly draining his life away. He dies in the center of the vault, as the phantoms fade away reciting in english, arabic, italian, mowhawk, russian, chinese, and others, "Rest in Peace".
Simply the best fan-ending ive read so far!

PaCmAn0894
10-02-2012, 09:13 AM
GUYS WRITE THIS IN YOUTUBE on link it is the end of the game : http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_444941&feature=iv&src_vid=Ktbhw0v186Q&v=D5yFIqk6Wug

dewgel
10-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Just to clarify a few things ; don't expect everything to be answered this time around.

Corey said in a recent interview that this will bring pay-off and closure to alot of questions raised in earlier games, however there's still going to be some questions left open for future titles. Although he was very particular about the whole "pay-off" thing. I'd say Desmond's story is definitely going to close. Whether he dies or not beats me. I'd say his father is going to get it though.

thePhilCasper
11-11-2012, 08:37 PM

You really should send this to Ubisoft and tell them to have cold shower and realize that theyīre sleeping and simple fan can make better ending than they did. Really. Do THIS !!! William and Shawn would better be all right though. And Desmond should tell Juno in vault that he will Heed Minerva: Juno will want to kill Desmond and he will do what you have written.

agentpoop
11-12-2012, 08:43 AM
The series will end with closure. No cliffhangers this time. Thank God. I couldn't sleep the night I beat Brotherhood because all I could think about was "How could Lucy betray me like that?". As long as there isn't some stupid cop-out ending like "Desmond, you must sacrifice yourself so that the Grand Temple magically makes the bad sun thing go bye-bye". And if Dezzy pulls up that **** hood my faith will be completely restored.

LOOOOL that cop out ending is what happened

agentpoop
11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Just to clarify a few things ; don't expect everything to be answered this time around.

Corey said in a recent interview that this will bring pay-off and closure to alot of questions raised in earlier games, however there's still going to be some questions left open for future titles. Although he was very particular about the whole "pay-off" thing. I'd say Desmond's story is definitely going to close. Whether he dies or not beats me. I'd say his father is going to get it though.

Corey is a liar

agentpoop
11-12-2012, 08:47 AM
You really should send this to Ubisoft and tell them to have cold shower and realize that theyīre sleeping and simple fan can make better ending than they did. Really. Do THIS !!! William and Shawn would better be all right though. And Desmond should tell Juno in vault that he will Heed Minerva: Juno will want to kill Desmond and he will do what you have written.

ya that ending actually is pretty darn good , real sense of closure and epicness

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 08:54 AM

That is worse. :/

Death_Angel733
11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Honestly I want the world to end than deal with everything wrong in the society...

Legendz54
11-12-2012, 12:57 PM

Desmond: (standing up) *high volume* We are the stories we live! The tales we tell ourselves

Only if they did this... only if they just did this..

NumberSix1967
11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I thought three super villains from The Phantom Zone should have been released, who then went on to threaten humanity. Only Superman would be able to stop them.

thePhilCasper
11-24-2012, 07:09 PM

Hmmm... Too bad that the ending was same as you described.

thePhilCasper
11-26-2012, 10:25 AM

Or they should give three choices to Desmond and heīll use third. First : Let the world to END and be Jesus - Second : Heīll release Juno and die - Or third : Desmond is going to activate second when Minerva tells him suddenly that if he still has the Apple, there is another solution. To use Apple and destroy both Minerva and Juno (In ACII ending, Rodrigo Borgia said, that Pieces of Eden were fabricated to destroy gods -TWCB) but the Apple as well. "But be aware. You still donīt save the World if you do that. You still have to touch the Orb to stop the end.", tells Minerva. And so, Desmond uses the Apple and as he sees TWCB vanishing, a bunch of images of Junoīs betrayal, Clayīs symbols of gods and clues of The End Of World flashes in the air. And when Juno and Minerva are gone, Desmond gets and gives a proper goodbye to his team, especially William. Shaun and Rebecca are hugging him and some poignant but emotional quote by Shaun would be just cool. He was always so aloof to Desmond but it would be nice to see an emotional change from him in the end. And William would have desperately holding Desmond or something and have a strong, emotional Father-Son dialogue. The Main Meu OST starts playing while Desmond touches the Orb. The cool video-effects appears with a bunch of images and memories (His own and his ancestorsī) flashing in the air. The miniature of Earth and Sun stopping its solar flares like vision of space in the ACII vault as well. Desmond goes is on knees on the ground when a vision of Jupiter appears... There is no Juno to take Desmondīs soul to Orb and Demond understands that his destiny wasnīt to stop the Templars but save the World. But he changed his destiny. He broke the cyclus and got some clarity from Jupiter after that (He did, what Jupiter asked in ACR)... Then he could do as he wished (To stop the Templars- Not shown)... *END CREDITS*

TinyTemplar
11-26-2012, 08:22 PM

yeah... this is very good :(

I think i'll just go and play AC 2 and forget all this disappointment T_T

twenty_glyphs
11-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Shaun and Rebecca are hugging him and some poignant but emotional quote by Shaun would be just cool. He was always so aloof to Desmond but it would be nice to see an emotional change from him in the end.

You're so right. Shaun totally needed to say goodbye to Desmond in an awkward attempt at a compliment after the constant berating he used to give him. It would have brought actual closure to their odd relationship. Instead, we get nothing. Just a "Guess you turned out not to be such a bad chap after all, Desmond" from Shaun would have made the ending feel like it at least mattered to these characters. Still can't believe it's just a corny "We'll find another way!" from William and then the team just walks off without a goodbye or anything.

thePhilCasper
11-27-2012, 02:30 PM
You're so right. Shaun totally needed to say goodbye to Desmond in an awkward attempt at a compliment after the constant berating he used to give him. It would have brought actual closure to their odd relationship. Instead, we get nothing. Just a "Guess you turned out not to be such a bad chap after all, Desmond" from Shaun would have made the ending feel like it at least mattered to these characters. Still can't believe it's just a corny "We'll find another way!" from William and then the team just walks off without a goodbye or anything.

Thanks... Desmondīs ending is so lame. --------- PETITION FOR ACIII ENDING CHANGE : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petition-For-An-Alternative-Assassins-Creed-Ending/452186598150448?fref=ts

TinyTemplar
11-28-2012, 09:04 AM
I would say that Desmond's ending is very sad. Not some epic death to wich I hoped ... death can't be epic in general. He lost his weight and we can see by his appearance that he was dying. He had changed so much for all this time... When I played the first game, when he first got into the animus... who knew that he would never return to his normal life again. For all three games he walked slowly to his end... And it's sad that we couldn't do anything to help him. He was just forced and trapped by the circumstances. Ezio got more peaceful death, which leaves no questions, no regrets. Unfortunately Desmond was not so lucky, he really deserved a little bit of freedom.

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks... Desmondīs ending is so lame. --------- PETITION FOR ACIII ENDING CHANGE : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petition-For-An-Alternative-Assassins-Creed-Ending/452186598150448?fref=ts
Ahhh the amount of disagreement and consent I have for this...

thePhilCasper
11-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Ahhh the amount of disagreement and consent I have for this...

You donīt have to if you donīt want to...

montagemik
11-28-2012, 03:44 PM
I would say that Desmond's ending is very sad. Not some epic death to wich I hoped ... death can't be epic in general. He lost his weight and we can see by his appearance that he was dying. He had changed so much for all this time... When I played the first game, when he first got into the animus... who knew that he would never return to his normal life again. For all three games he walked slowly to his end... And it's sad that we couldn't do anything to help him. He was just forced and trapped by the circumstances. Ezio got more peaceful death, which leaves no questions, no regrets. Unfortunately Desmond was not so lucky, he really deserved a little bit of freedom.

I saw his body collapse - Haven't we seen that before ? - May not be life left in his body - But do you really think that's the end of him with a lifetimes worth of multiple Assassin experiences still left untapped or fully utilised ??
Don't you get the feeling touching the pedestal is How Juno was tansfered into the temple technology in the first place. Transference was it's purpose.
He may well have some of that Freedom you mentioned - just not in the way you think.

If i've learned 1 thing from AC & it's endings it really is that "Nothing is true , Everything is permitted" - What we think we see as the outcome isn't always the full story.
I'm not disheartened .

TinyTemplar
11-29-2012, 01:44 PM
What we think we see as the outcome isn't always the full story.

But it's just a game, I want to see a full story)

thePhilCasper
11-30-2012, 07:23 PM
But it's just a game, I want to see a full story)

+1 to TinyTemplar... An Ending must really end things... For once I was hoping that ACIII ending will leave no clues for next plot and that it will be the end to whole current plot... I donīt mind if there would be links to ACIII in ACIV... But it cannot happen reversed. You canīt leave a link for next trilogy in the ending of the current one. They were doing it this whole time on the way to ACIII but I believed it was leading to something reaaaally huge so I personally didnīt mind... But this is something else. This is the end of trilogy not a title - Titles were used to raise our excitement and it worked until ACIII... But in the end of trilogy there must be a big line and after that a brand new plot must appear... Which is something that Ubisoft failed to do...

zerocooll21
12-01-2012, 06:09 PM
It should end with the leader of the templars shouting:
"They're assassinating them, and then they're are going to assassinate me, OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD"

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, Dude, I just spit my drink reading that. Haven't seen that movie in soo long :p