PDA

View Full Version : "What To Do in One Month" Thread

tjbyrum1
09-25-2012, 11:02 PM
We got a little over a month to go before Assassin's Creed 3 hits store (unless you're on PC). I'm just wondering what everyone else is doing for the remaining time, cause I know some people are pretty hyped up and can't wait.

I've beat AC2, part of ACR, and I am now beating ACB, I beat AC1 not to long ago. I've officially decided that ACB is my favorite AC to date (but AC3 will change that no doubt). But I'll be done with the AC series by the end of September for sure. I might beat RDR two or three more times (I've beat it I believe at least 15 times). I've also been playing some StarWars Battlefront II. Gears of War 3 multiplayer is fun, and I still have a month until my Xbox LIVE runs out. Other than that... :(

rileypoole1234
09-25-2012, 11:07 PM
You wouldn't have searched for it but even though it's quite old, this is the thread for that discussion.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/546330-Countdown-To-the-Finale-Convince-Time?highlight=convince+time

Escappa
09-25-2012, 11:08 PM
I'll have a very boring month on purpose so when the games comes out it will feel even more fun!

PS: StarWars Battlefront II ? . . . you Mr, is AWESOME!!!!!

tjbyrum1
09-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Sorry RileyPoole, that was my bad. But then again, isn't it against the rules to revive old topics?

@Escappa: Yeah, Battlefront II is one of the best video games I've ever played, and I've been playing it since at least 2006.

MetalCreed
09-25-2012, 11:28 PM
It'll be a LOOOONGG month for me.

Escappa
09-25-2012, 11:32 PM
The hard part is that when you think of what you did one month ago, it feels like a very very long time ago, so yeah, we'll have a loooooong month ahead.

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 11:32 PM
It'll be a LOOOONGG month for me.
This^

tjbyrum1
09-26-2012, 12:03 AM
Meh, it's only long cause we think about it.

If you wasn't looking forward to AC3 it wouldn't be so bad.

That's why, at times, I wonder if I should just completely forget about AC3 altogether.

AnthonyA85
09-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Heh, i've got another 2 months to wait, well, 3 actually, since we're still in september, i might be able to order the digital deluxe edition, but i still won't be allowed to play it until 25th of december.

Assassin_M
09-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Sorry RileyPoole, that was my bad. But then again, isn't it against the rules to revive old topics?

@Escappa: Yeah, Battlefront II is one of the best video games I've ever played, and I've been playing it since at least 2006.

EVERY other thread, but that one..

That one can be revived whenever, because it`s basically for this occasion. I have Permission from Shadey:p

GreatBeyonder
09-26-2012, 12:28 AM
I already beat AC, am playing through ACII + DLC, then will play ACB and ACR.If I still have time, then "Hello, Dishonoured!"

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 12:42 AM
I can't replay AC again it's just too repetitive, the first time I played it I was enthralled, the second I started to notice the repetition and the third and fourth times were just chores.

kudos17
09-26-2012, 12:52 AM
I've played every game in the series so far at least 4 times with the exception of AC:R (that can't be healthy) :p

Anyway, there's about 36 days left till AC3 (yes I'm counting by days, don't judge, it helps me get through work) and I'm working on playing through the whole series again so I can finish exactly when AC3 comes out.

So far, it goes like this... play AC1 - one assassination target per day, including Al Mualim. So that's 10 days. AC2, two sequences at once, the rest of the 11 ones later... etc etc. Hopefully, give or take, I should be finished the day before I pick up AC3. I did this for every other AC release... I guess I just like having that feeling of continuity, instead of not touching the series for a year, then diving back in.

dxsxhxcx
09-26-2012, 01:05 AM
I'll be playing "The Binding of Isaac", a little of Mass Effect 3 (2nd playthrough), watch some TV shows that are returning and new ones, finish reading the book "A Song of Ice and Fire:A Dance with Dragons" and work...

AltairCBM
09-26-2012, 01:28 AM
I've only had my Xbox for a few years now(AC was the first series I had more than one game of on my Xbox), and have missed out on a bunch of classics. I already have a bunch of Halo, but what are some game series you guys would recommend for me to get into to pass the time from now to AC3?

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 01:44 AM
I've only had my Xbox for a few years now(AC was the first series I had more than one game of on my Xbox), and have missed out on a bunch of classics. I already have a bunch of Halo, but what are some game series you guys would recommend for me to get into to pass the time from now to AC3?Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Grand Theft Auto, and Red Dead. With Red Dead though there is only 1 game on Xbox 360 but it's a historical Open World game like AC but it set in the old west, it is an amazing game if you haven't already played it.

AltairCBM
09-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Grand Theft Auto, and Red Dead. With Red Dead though there is only 1 game on Xbox 360 but it's a historical Open World game like AC but it set in the old west, it is an amazing game if you haven't already played it.

I have played Red Dead, it's so amazing. Only got to play for a little while though. I've played some Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto is to gory for my liking. Amazing open world but a little mindless to me. Still have yet to check out Skyrim. Should I go get it? How expensive is the Game of the Year edition?

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 01:57 AM
I have played Red Dead, it's so amazing. Only got to play for a little while though. I've played some Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto is to gory for my liking. Amazing open world but a little mindless to me. Still have yet to check out Skyrim. Should I go get it? How expensive is the Game of the Year edition?RDR is gorier then GTA4 but RDR is better so that doesn't matter, and in regards to Skyrim I'm not even sure there's a GOTY edition out yet.

AltairCBM
09-26-2012, 01:59 AM
RDR is gorier then GTA4 but RDR is better so that doesn't matter, and in regards to Skyrim I'm not even sure there's a GOTY edition out yet.

Shoot. I figured since it beat out Arkham City it had to have something. I think Red Dead's goriness(sp?) is a little more justified because of the setting. I will pick up GTAV regardless of it's goriness though. If it really really really tries it might be half as good as AC3.

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 02:03 AM
Shoot. I figured since it beat out Arkham City it had to have something. I think Red Dead's goriness(sp?) is a little more justified because of the setting. I will pick up GTAV regardless of it's goriness though. If it really really really tries it might be half as good as AC3.I think the only reason there's no GOTY edition is just because they will be releasing more DLC.

AltairCBM
09-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Mm. Yeah I heard the DLC so far has been very good. I'll probably go buy it some time soon.

MRNMRSPACER
09-26-2012, 02:39 AM
Heh, i've got another 2 months to wait, well, 3 actually, since we're still in september, i might be able to order the digital deluxe edition, but i still won't be allowed to play it until 25th of december.
man that sucks!!
JUST DONT LOOK UP SPOILERS!!!avoid the temptations!!

tjbyrum1
09-26-2012, 02:39 AM
RDR is a great game, and I suggest everyone play it honestly. Great western, great open-world, great characters, great gameplay, great setting, great everything. I've beat it I believe 15 or so times. It is the greatest game I've ever played without a doubt.

I've played Skyrim, and though I enjoyed it for the time being, it doesn't have as strong as a lasting effect as other games have. Other people love this game, would die to play TES, and are crazy fanatics of it. But I find the questlines a chore, the characters very static, very basic and unsatisfying combat and gameplay. I don't see anything in this game except for the fact you can be "whoever you want".

Never played Mass Effect 3... played like 5 minutes of Mass Effect 1, but disliked all the sci-fi stuff. And yes, I do find the sci-fi stuff in AC kind of weird.

lightning667
09-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Kootra is doing a complete AC playthrough and he's pretty good at the game.
At the rate he's going he will probably finish ACR maybe a week before AC3 comes out.

So that's something to do if you want. You could also watch the Origins of AC3 videos. The first one was great.

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 03:38 AM
RDR is a great game, and I suggest everyone play it honestly. Great western, great open-world, great characters, great gameplay, great setting, great everything. I've beat it I believe 15 or so times. It is the greatest game I've ever played without a doubt.

I've played Skyrim, and though I enjoyed it for the time being, it doesn't have as strong as a lasting effect as other games have. Other people love this game, would die to play TES, and are crazy fanatics of it. But I find the questlines a chore, the characters very static, very basic and unsatisfying combat and gameplay. I don't see anything in this game except for the fact you can be "whoever you want".

Never played Mass Effect 3... played like 5 minutes of Mass Effect 1, but disliked all the sci-fi stuff. And yes, I do find the sci-fi stuff in AC kind of weird.I agree RDR should be compulsory.

MT4K
09-26-2012, 09:59 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/546330-Countdown-To-the-Finale-Convince-Time-Forums

Gentlemen (and possibly Ladies) ;).