PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed 3 trees.

dadskababs
09-25-2012, 07:13 PM
This is just an opinionated suggestion. But I think that the trees in the game need a slight improvement. I'm talking about tiny changes, Like a a couple of leafy branches a bit lower down instead of there being a bare trunk and all of a sudden a pair of bare branches jut out. It just seems a bit fake and unatural. Of course everything else is amazing to me. I doubt anything will be changed but still it would be nice if they were implemented. Thanks to whoever read this.

Ielgon
09-25-2012, 07:27 PM
I think this is already the case, what we've seen up until now is mostly footage from before the final build. They've probably added (and I've also heard it) tons of little details to the game in the final build that we will get, this'll probably include little touches like those you mentioned (since it is rather obvious).

It's also been suggested that since Aveline from AC3: Liberation climbs certain trees by using the small branches on the side, Connor will do the same (since a lot of the animations/ideas are shared). This'd mean things like that also have to be in AC3.

ACfan443
09-25-2012, 07:33 PM
I can understand what you're talking about, in the previews, the trees went straight up with a couple of branches oddly sticking out, it didn't look like he was that far up the tree either. But that was just a TINY fraction of what we've seen, I'm sure there's some really cool looking trees you really can enjoy free running through.

dadskababs
09-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Cool. I am just really intrigued by the new tree climbing system and I was looking for a little extra information. Thank you for the replies.

xXRyzonXx
09-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Tiny changes, when the game is finished?
The game is being printed onto discs as i am typing this.

rileypoole1234
09-27-2012, 12:23 AM
The trees look real to me:p

Azurefeatherfly
09-27-2012, 01:12 AM
http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/09/24/assassins-creed-iii-hunting-deer-gameplay

These trees could definitely use a lot more work, especially since the team continuously emphasizes the importance of natural shapes. They need to be fun to climb after 25 to 30 hours of gameplay, hopefully there are a lot more variety.

Roleplayman
09-27-2012, 01:14 AM
the game isnt even released yet, who knows what changes coud happen

LoyalACFan
09-27-2012, 04:03 AM

... nothing. The game is done. The only thing left to do is print them and ship them off to distributors.

SteelCity999
09-27-2012, 04:12 AM

I think someone at IGN said that it looked like an earlier build of the game because there was some rough edges to it still. I doubt there will be wholesale changes though. I can say that the recent release of videos makes the trees look less natural but in their defense, that's only a relatively small portion of the entire footage that we've seen. Certain areas are bound to look better than others.