PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Ladder Tournament

PurpleAshes
09-25-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm doing this suggestion because i feel that Top Tournament is just for some players. I can't compete with people that play all day. I think you could create a mini Ladder Tournament with random players every 2 or 3 hours, or creating one every time a group of players are interested. The winners could win gold or seals. This way is more rewarding for casual players like me and it makes players more interested on the game. What do you think?

MonadArt
09-25-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm doing this suggestion because i feel that Top Tournament is just for some players. I can't compete with people that play all day. I think you could create a mini Ladder Tournament with random players every 2 or 3 hours, or creating one every time a group of players are interested. The winners could win gold or seals. This way is more rewarding for casual players like me and it makes players more interested on the game. What do you think?

I agree with this suggestion, minor improvements to the current system will help create continuous interest from the casual players.

NickDemon33
09-25-2012, 03:52 PM
First of all,they should fix the current tournament ladder so that you won't lose your global elo along with your tournament elo so that the ladders will be completely separate.After doing that they can create some custom tournaments(ladder or knockout based,depending on players' choice)with some smaller rewards as well as a monthly tournament that will have the top players from the weekly qualifiers,that can occur on Saturdays or Sundays,who will duel at the last weekend of the month at a knockout bo1(rounds)/bo3(finals) or bo3(rounds)/bo5(finals) for some big prizes.

The Italic letters are your suggestion but more plausible to happen,which I think is good suggestion,and the rest is my suggestion.

PurpleAshes
09-25-2012, 05:00 PM
The way they are doing now is a bit boring, because i don't like to duel just for duel. After lvl9 it's a bit hard to get boosters.

speedhealer128
09-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Well the tournament is ok you can play 1 hr and win 10 and get second tier reward or play 2 hr and win 14-16 and get first tier reward is easy

PurpleAshes
09-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Well the tournament is ok you can play 1 hr and win 10 and get second tier reward or play 2 hr and win 14-16 and get first tier reward is easy

I take more time to win a duel actually.

r3tsa
09-26-2012, 03:02 PM
More tournaments for different skill ratings or fixed number of games in torunament per day.

tenimurau
09-26-2012, 06:05 PM
I agree, you could add these too ( lot of suggestions inbound :=)

Custom held tournaments, with a the little trees and all ( you know what I mean :P) , Player could host a custom tourmanent and set a reward for winner, single card or so on, he'd get a small gold bonus for hosting a event.

Example : I have too many Chaos Imp cards( yeah right :P), so I decide to host a little fun for all.
I make a tournament and set it to 16 player format, this means game doesn't start unless there are 16 players signed in.
I set a game time limit to 30 minutes for each side, 60 minutes total ( minimum time) and wait time between rounds to 5 minutes, from either 60 minutes passed since first game started or 5 minutes after last game has ended. During wait time participants can watch finished duels.

After first round 8 players go to round two, 4 to round 3 and 2 to round 4. The tournament was played fast so it took just three hours, and winner got their shiny chaos imp card.

For hosting this event, with epic card as reward I get 4k gold award, and I earn + 1 merit ( benefits for this to be added in future, possible merits would allow hosting larger tournaments, the default cap being 8 player one).

Alternatively : Randomly generated timed at various times of day tournaments that start when minimum level -player ammount requirements are filled. In adition to usual exp /gold reward you'd have a chance to win lets say the small 2 card pack in end.

Large tournaments.

- Tier tournament. Tournament open to proper tier in the rankings list first 128 , .. then to 256 etc.. you get the idea, every 3 months. Each player is allowed to sign up to their own range. Winners get spots for the Half year tournament mentioned bellow, unique banner /card cover depending on tier etc.. read on.

- Supreme Lord tournament : Every half year tournament, with ffa entry list first come first serce, lets say to 512 people tops. People that win on the Tier tournaments can reserve spots to this without having to do qualifier matches week before.

Rewards could be unique versions of certain cards with different art/coloring , shinier names, usual bling bling, ability to desing own banner, have different art on deck cover, portrait shown in duel etc... stuff like that that make you look just dat more epic in the duels.

- Few times a month deck theme duels.

Skill games with theme deck, inferno, haven, stronghold and necropolis only.

Example : This week's duel is themed Inferno, no spells. People with Inferno decks and fortunes can play but they can't use spells.
Options are numerous, skill duel : all allowed but no lv 6 creatures or no uniques or no rare's no commons or no fortunes, or just two cards each type... you name it, you can just decide this by your head!

It would be basicly gain two merits a win lose one merit a loss kind of format, you get given time, lets say four hours to play as much as you want, you get rewards based on your total merits.

Or you could do it win roll style, keep playing till you lose, largest win streak stacks, lets say you win 6 times in row then lose and don't get that high gain your score is six, the event winner however has won 7 duels in row, darn that was close.

Or .. Premade deck duels !

Ubi desides a set deck everyone that aplies will be using ( not their own cards notice ! =), everyone in the event uses this same deck despite level or experience.
That way you can truly see who know's their stuff.

Alternate version : premade deck + 4-8 own cards. You get Ui from where you can see the tournament deck before tournament starts, when you sign up you can deside 4-8 own cards you like to use along with the cards shown.

ALSO

As this all will look MESSY AS HELL with your current UI, I suggest you use that " campaing" tab for all this, add a " capital" or " camp" option.

When you click it you get a map, if its camp you get tents, a bone fire ect.. small stuff like that,

OR if its a city you could get ... lets say one of the earlier Hmm towns' with tarverns and such each building gets all flashy highlighted frames when you mouse over.

Tavern would lead to custom tournaments, the main keep would lead to official tournaments, arena would lead to skill challenges OR even BETTER An area where people can hang about in chat room and challenge each other for practice. You get no reward for win, but here the score on win loss IS VISIBLE, and you would get a reward based on ranking ( small one) time to time.

*huff huff* I write more later my fingers hurt :(

Fyrestorme
09-27-2012, 01:58 PM
I think the OP is talking about more something like a bracketed tournament, where only players that have a certain overall card level can participate in each bracket.