PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft: Assassin's Creed 3 sequels depend on reaction to new hero Connor

AlexEzio89
09-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Ubisoft has said that further Assassin's Creed games featuring new hero Connor could be in the pipeline should gamers warm to the character.
Assassin's Creed 3 will follow a trilogy of titles featuring Renaissance hunk Ezio Auditore, which ended in the slightly lacklustre Assassin's Creed: Revelations (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-14-assassins-creed-revelations-review-review).
"We made three games with Ezio because people loved Ezio," Assassin's Creed 3 associate producer Julien Laferrière told Eurogamer. But could he see the same pattern repeating itself for the series' new American Revolution setting?
"We're going to see how players react to the guy [Connor] for sure. You'll get to experience portions of his life, you'll see why he becomes an assassin and what his motivations are.
"The more you know about Connor the more you'll love him, but in the end we'll see what the reception is like."
Two Ezio-era sequels allowed Ubisoft to keep up a pattern of annual releases for the series while core staff spent time planning the franchise's next numbered iteration.
http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/5/1/5/8/0/6/AC3_SC_SP_74_SD_BostonPreviewEvent_CommonPark.jpg. jpg/EG11/resize/300x-1
"For Assassin's Creed 3 we got three years, and I think it shows." - Julien Laferrière, Assassin's Creed 3 associate producer

"For Assassin's Creed 3 we got three years, and I think it shows," Laferrière said. But the producer refused to be drawn on what this would mean should Connor's tale be extended into a second or third annual game.
"Assassin's Creed 3 is the product of three years of development, but [because of that] we also now have a new engine, AnvilNext. It's tough to answer that without compromising anything. I can't really answer that question because there's so many implications."
Series boss Alex Hutchinson previously insisted that quality, not quantity, should always be the main focus of developing the annual series.
"I find it strange we've decided yearly is too often," Hutchinson said during a panel (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-15-assassins-creed-annual-release-argument-all-about-quality-ubisoft-says) at GDC Europe last month attended by Eurogamer. "If Radiohead put out an album every month, I'd buy it. It's about the quality."
When reminded of the quote, Laferrière agreed with his boss.
"Our goal is to make the best game possible. I agree with Alex - if there's a good game every year, I'll play it every year.
"It's like a good television series that goes on for a while. I like Seinfeld, it went on for seven seasons and most of them were pretty good. If they had a bad season, would I have lost interest? Maybe, maybe not. But when the quality is there, the frequency is not an issue.
"I understand the worries of the fans," Laferrière concluded, "but we share the same world. We wouldn't want to let down the franchise and release crappy games."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-24-assassins-creed-3-sequels-depend-on-player-reaction-to-new-hero-connor

FrankieSatt
09-24-2012, 05:42 PM
The reason why Revelations was so bad , in my opinion, is because it was nothing more than a DLC for ACII and we had to pay full price for it. The same with Brotherhood. Neither game gave us a massive improvement or anything that justified the game being a full game price instead of just being a $20 DLC.

A new game needs to be a MASSIVE improvement, new areas, new NPC's. It needs to be what ACIII is. ACIII is a TRUE sequel to ACII. Brotherhood and Revelations were just overpriced DLC and that is why they were "Lackluster" to say the least.

MetalCreed
09-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Umm I'm sure Connor will be a great hero, but to see what Ubisoft did with Ezio, I dunno..

It was good with ACB, but unnecessary with ACR.

I want a new hero, and take all your darn time.

ACfan443
09-24-2012, 05:53 PM
NO. As much as I loved playing as Ezio, three games over three years was far too much. Ultimately, it became tedious and boring. I REALLY don't want a new game to be released next year.

freddie_1897
09-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Umm I'm sure Connor will be a great hero, but to see what Ubisoft did with Ezio, I dunno..

It was good with ACB, but unnecessary with ACR.

I want a new hero, and take all your darn time.
as long as the characters we get are in depth. i'd rather have a character with a sequel but a finished story, than a one game character who i didn't really feel connected to in anyway

Will_Lucky
09-24-2012, 06:07 PM
The reason why Revelations was so bad , in my opinion, is because it was nothing more than a DLC for ACII and we had to pay full price for it. The same with Brotherhood. Neither game gave us a massive improvement or anything that justified the game being a full game price instead of just being a $20 DLC.

A new game needs to be a MASSIVE improvement, new areas, new NPC's. It needs to be what ACIII is. ACIII is a TRUE sequel to ACII. Brotherhood and Revelations were just overpriced DLC and that is why they were "Lackluster" to say the least.

I loved both Brotherhood and Revelations. I won't say no to further adventures with Connor if the character is as a good as Ezio. The Ezio Trilogy from AC2-Revelations is certainly something I've personally never seen in gaming before watching a character evolve from 17 to 52 years of age. It was fantastic and I wouldn't say no if such an idea was carried over for Connor especially as the game ends with him at such a young age.

tarrero
09-24-2012, 06:10 PM
ACR was THAT rushed even to the point of announcing in november 2010 a Nintendo DS game called "lost legacy" to be released in 2011. Such game would consist in Ezio searching for "something" that the legendary Altair left hidden in Masyaf...... Only to be announced 6 months later a new main instalment called Assassin´s Creed Revelations, with a very "similar" plot...

I prefer A+ games like ACII and ACIII that B+ like Revelations.....

RatonhnhakeFan
09-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Wouldn't mind a sequel to AC3 at all, but 3 games like with Ezio would be too much

HisSpiritLives
09-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Not three games but i would love Connor in one more,and i am almost sure because they will release game next year which cant be AC4 because of logical reasons we will see probably AC3 sequel next year.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Not three games but i would love Connor in one more,and i am almost sure because they will release game next year which cant be AC4 because of logical reasons we will see probably AC3 sequel next year.
Not sure if there's gonna be AC3.5 next year, Ubisoft may have that slot reserved for Watch Dogs already.

Would love one more game with Ratonhnhaké:ton though <3 And full-console game with Aveline :D

HisSpiritLives
09-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Not sure if there's gonna be AC3.5 next year, Ubisoft may have that slot reserved for Watch Dogs already.

Would love one more game with Ratonhnhaké:ton though <3 And full-console game with Aveline :D

I am certain that there will be game next year because they defended yearly releases.

AlexEzio89
09-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I am certain that there will be game next year because they defended yearly releases.

i am pretty sure we have 1 more game with.conor next year and ubi alredy start the development.in.this moment with another team.and another team work to ac 4 .next year we have game like brotherhood to.the second team have more time to develop.ac 4

RatonhnhakeFan
09-24-2012, 06:37 PM
They may have been saying it in the context of AC2-ACB-ACR-AC3, not necessarily covering up for AC3.5 next year. I really don't know at this point what will happen xD

ACfan443
09-24-2012, 07:02 PM
i am pretty sure we have 1 more game with.conor next year and ubi alredy start the development.in.this moment with another team.and another team work to ac 4 .next year we have game like brotherhood to.the second team have more time to develop.ac 4

Agreed. Core team goes off to start work on AC4, whilst the secondary team starts work on AC3.5 or whatever it'll be called. Maybe work on AC4 has been going on for quite some time now, we'll never know...

AlexEzio89
09-24-2012, 07:26 PM
yes i am pretty sure the core team alredy working to ac 4 and next year we have game like brotherhood and core team have more time.to ac 4

pacmanate
09-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Personally AC:R killed Ezio to me, story was boring, game to short. However I did LOVE the graphics and more brutal swordplay.

Anyway, I recall some AC guys saying they hope that "every year we hope this game is better than the last, every developer does". I cannot see the AC team beating AC3 in a one year cycle, it would not have the sheer scale of everything that AC3 has.

CalgaryJay
09-25-2012, 01:37 AM

Ya, that and I recall an interview with Hutchinson when he was very candid about the reasons for yearly sequels, and said they need to do it to make their money back on creating the full numbered game. He had said very rarely does a company break even on only one game like that, just based on the massive amount of work/$$$ put into the new engine.

So with that in mind, I would have to agree there will be a sequel next year, in a similar'ish setting. Maybe Montreal / Quebec City in that era?

SteelCity999
09-25-2012, 02:20 AM
I think they are seriously going to test DLC with AC3. Seeing as how they already announced a dedicated DLC team, they can probably make just as much money off of DLC as they can with another release and keep people interested for a year or so. AC4 will be next gen and if devs have the kits, they have already started toying with them.

AltairCBM
09-25-2012, 02:34 AM
I'd be down for another game with Connor. The French Revolution starts six years after the game ends...

xXMrGR1NCHXx
09-25-2012, 02:55 AM
I already love Connor...

Umbra_Blade
09-25-2012, 02:59 AM
I wouldn't really want him to be revisited after this game, regardless of how much I love playing as him. Connor is Desmond's ancestor after all, so it would be weird to have another Connor experience with a different person in the Animus. I would prefer they do DLC for him instead of new games. This game should be the last of this storyline in the AC franchise, the next part should come on the next generation of consoles. That, to me, makes sense, the new consoles will provide more room for a powerful engine (creating a more fresh and new experience), and will serve as a good milestone to the next part of the Assassin's Creed Franchise.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 03:03 AM
This thread is Undisputed proof that Ubisoft spoiled us rotten..

kriegerdesgottes
09-25-2012, 03:05 AM
Yeah I figured this was the case. To be honest, I already like Connor a lot as a character. As much as I hate the annual release of the games, I would love to see a game where Connor takes part in the French Revolution. That would be awesome. I think it would be a shame if we only see the first 30 years of his life and we saw all of Ezio's.

Will_Lucky
09-25-2012, 03:13 AM
I'd imagine work on AC4 has already started, because odds are it won't be on this generation its going to be on the next and therefore they need to either boost the engine or make an entirely new one and of course get used to developing on those systems.

tjbyrum1
09-25-2012, 03:13 AM
AC3 is to AC2 what AC2 was to AC1.

AC1 was the bare-bones of the series. It established and defined what Assassin's Creed was and how it worked. It was a type of game that no one else really tried to accomplish. A few years later, and we get AC2. New character, new setting, new mechanics, and great, noticeable improvements.

And then we get, what I like to call, the spin-offs, Brotherhood and Revelations. I don't know if Ubi was milking these games or what, but I wish they were never released honestly. Very little improvement, and just a rehash of the former game with nothing useful to offer.

And then AC3 comes out. This is the making of a true sequel. HUGE improvement. Hopefully they don't make two or so spin-offs of AC3, and instead they just start developing a single game for the next 2 or 3 years, then release it with huge improvements.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 03:22 AM
AC3 is to AC2 what AC2 was to AC1.

AC1 was the bare-bones of the series. It established and defined what Assassin's Creed was and how it worked. It was a type of game that no one else really tried to accomplish. A few years later, and we get AC2. New character, new setting, new mechanics, and great, noticeable improvements.

And then we get, what I like to call, the spin-offs, Brotherhood and Revelations. I don't know if Ubi was milking these games or what, but I wish they were never released honestly. Very little improvement, and just a rehash of the former game with nothing useful to offer.

And then AC3 comes out. This is the making of a true sequel. HUGE improvement. Hopefully they don't make two or so spin-offs of AC3, and instead they just start developing a single game for the next 2 or 3 years, then release it with huge improvements.
Dont want the more games ? Dont buy em...I`d personally rather have 2 games for the next 2 years and then another HUGE game after..

I dont get you people... Weird

Jexx21
09-25-2012, 03:33 AM
I don't understand why so many people here are hating on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations. I got 30+ hours out of both games, not counting multiplayer. That's normally what I ask for when I spend $60 on a game.

They were fun; they provided worthwhile story, More importantly, they let the writers practice their skills in dialogue, they provided the developers experience. They did put work in the game; sure, maybe it was rushed work, but rushed work is the most stressful kind of work for most people.

I for one appreciate the work that all of the UbiSoft teams put into these games. And I love ACB and ACR. ACB improved upon the graphics, the story, the dialogue, the combat mechanics, added multiplayer (which I love), and provided true Desmond gameplay. ACR improved upon the graphics even more, it told a final story, and brought in one of my favorite characters (Yusuf), and experimented.

Remember this guys, this story, has many parts. These parts can't all be told in a simple trilogy.

Also, I predict/hope that the next game released has 3 storylines using 2 characters.

Assassin's Creed: Enlightenment
Telling the story of Connor Kenway and Aveline de Grandpre as they promote the French Revolution. You can experience the solo stories of the two characters, and then team up in a brand new co-op story.

Gotta have the AC3 spin off be to AC3 as ACB was to AC2, introducing an entirely new way to play.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 03:39 AM
I don't understand why so many people here are hating on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations. I got 30+ hours out of both games, not counting multiplayer. That's normally what I ask for when I spend $60 on a game.

They were fun; they provided worthwhile story, More importantly, they let the writers practice their skills in dialogue, they provided the developers experience. They did put work in the game; sure, maybe it was rushed work, but rushed work is the most stressful kind of work for most people.

I for one appreciate the work that all of the UbiSoft teams put into these games. And I love ACB and ACR. ACB improved upon the graphics, the story, the dialogue, the combat mechanics, added multiplayer (which I love), and provided true Desmond gameplay. ACR improved upon the graphics even more, it told a final story, and brought in one of my favorite characters (Yusuf), and experimented.

Remember this guys, this story, has many parts. These parts can't all be told in a simple trilogy.

Also, I predict/hope that the next game released has 3 storylines using 2 characters.

Telling the story of Connor Kenway and Aveline de Grandpre as they promote the French Revolution. You can experience the solo stories of the two characters, and then team up in a brand new co-op story.

Gotta have the AC3 spin off be to AC3 as ACB was to AC2, introducing an entirely new way to play.
This.. Just this..

Simply explains how i feel

kriegerdesgottes
09-25-2012, 03:49 AM
Dont want the more games ? Dont buy em...I`d personally rather have 2 games for the next 2 years and then another HUGE game after..

I dont get you people... Weird

Yeah I will admit that if Ubisoft decides to do this franchise like this where they take a year to make a game or two all the while taking three years to make one massive one, then I am ok with that. This can still cause franchise fatigue but if we get two more well made Connor games and then AC4 with a new character and a massive new game then I am ok with that. I can't believe I'm saying this but it's true.

Kaschra
09-25-2012, 04:02 AM

This. I agree with everything you said.

I would really love to see Connor during the French Revolution. Your idea there is really awesome!

monster_rambo
09-25-2012, 04:02 AM
I think is best to let the series have some down time. A great series should'nt be rushed. Remember, quality over quantity. If we decide to release games annually, then there will be little time for improvement on the story, graphics, gameplay, core experience, and the artistic style. People will start hating the series in the same way how some fans were really disappointed with Brotherhood or Revelations because it offers nothing new to the experience. If we encourage developers to lean towards this path, then Ubisoft will become nothing more than Call of duty. Basically (SOS) or same old shi* rebranded under a different name and selling out towards the market for the sole purpose of profit and not innovation. So I urge you fans out there, PLEASE don't pressure or give the developers and slightest idea to continue along the path. If we look at some of the great series in gaming, not many games are released but every time a game is released, it is PURE quality. i.e MGS

Jexx21
09-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Brotherhood and Revelations DID offer new stories, and new variations on the old systems, it just wasn't a complete overhaul.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 04:09 AM
I think is best to let the series have some down time. A great series should'nt be rushed. Remember, quality over quantity. If we decide to release games annually, then there will be little time for improvement on the story, graphics, gameplay, core experience, and the artistic style. People will start hating the series in the same way how some fans were really disappointed with Brotherhood or Revelations because it offers nothing new to the experience. If we encourage developers to lean towards this path, then Ubisoft will become nothing more than Call of duty. Basically (SOS) or same old shi* rebranded under a different name and selling out towards the market for the sole purpose of profit and not innovation. So I urge you fans out there, PLEASE don't pressure or give the developers and slightest idea to continue along the path. If we look at some of the great series in gaming, not many games are released but every time a game is released, it is PURE quality. i.e MGS

Just dont buy the games.. What is your problem ?? I want More games, I loved Brotherhood and Revelations.. They offered so much for just 1 year of work. I`ll buy more games If they`re made and Im a Hardcore fan If I notice ANY just the smallest BIT of drop in quality then I`ll speak my mind, but till now ? The series never ceased to amaze me.

Jexx21
09-25-2012, 04:14 AM
But yea, I want at least one AC3 sequel/spin-off.

Kaschra
09-25-2012, 04:15 AM

True, Brotherhood and Revelations offered nothing new, expect for a bunch of new characters, settings, stories...

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 04:16 AM
But yea, I want at least one AC3 sequel/spin-off.
Me too..
I have absolutely no problem with that..

Uncharted Never changed, HELL GTA IV was a step Backwards and it had 6 years between it and San Andreas, but people still bought it..

Again, Ubisoft, you spoiled us rotten.. or maybe this generation grew up like that..

True, Brotherhood and Revelations offered nothing new, expect for a bunch of new characters, settings, stories...
Just because you did not like what "NEW" they offered, does not mean you should completely delete it..

ACB and ACR offered new stuff, OVER story, setting and characters, you just did not like the Additions... Sad

Jexx21
09-25-2012, 04:25 AM
M, he was trying to make a point against the OP. :P

Kaschra
09-25-2012, 04:25 AM
Me too..
I have absolutely no problem with that..

Uncharted Never changed, HELL GTA IV was a step Backwards and it had 6 years between it and San Andreas, but people still bought it..

Again, Ubisoft, you spoiled us rotten.. or maybe this generation grew up like that..

Just because you did not like what "NEW" they offered, does not mean you should completely delete it..

ACB and ACR offered new stuff, OVER story, setting and characters, you just did not like the Additions... Sad

You misunderstand - I love Revelations and Brotherhood. Heck, Revelations is my second fave of the series, right after AC2.
My first comment was meant to be ironical xD

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 04:26 AM
M, he was trying to make a point against the OP. :P
He was ?

You misunderstand - I love Revelations and Brotherhood. Heck, Revelations is my second fave of the series, right after AC2.
My first comment was meant to be ironical xD

I knew that >_>
Sorry, mate xD

kriegerdesgottes
09-25-2012, 04:27 AM
I think the best case scenario would be to wait a year and then make a ACIII spinoff for 2014 with Connor in the French Revolution. This will give them more time to make the spinoff game so that it can be a bigger better game and then release AC4 the following year but start work on it immediately after ACIII giving it three years of development time just like ACIII had.

monster_rambo
09-25-2012, 04:27 AM
Just dont buy the games.. What is your problem ?? I want More games, I loved Brotherhood and Revelations.. They offered so much for just 1 year of work. I`ll buy more games If they`re made and Im a Hardcore fan If I notice ANY just the smallest BIT of drop in quality then I`ll speak my mind, but till now ? The series never ceased to amaze me.

Nothing. If you feel like you want this series to be like Call of Duty then buy all the games you want. Heck, they might as well release one each month, surely you will buy them. Admit it, Revelations and Brotherhood was a complete disappointment. Okay, Brotherhood offered multiplayer and a few tweaks to the gameplay BUT Revelations?! What the hell is den defense? Seriously, if they give the series some time to rest and time develop new ideas, then it wouldn't be so bad. Why do you think AC3 is sucessful?! It is because it took over 2 years to develop and NOT a game that is made on the fly just so they can make a few big bucks. If you stop milking the series, it would be good for the long term health for AC. I'm a fan too but I'm not blind.

Jexx21
09-25-2012, 04:30 AM
I think the best case scenario would be to wait a year and then make a ACIII spinoff for 2014 with Connor in the French Revolution and then release AC4 the following year but start work on it immediately after ACIII giving it three years of development time just like ACIII had.
This would be best.

But instead of just having Connor in the French Revolution, also add in Aveline. And make a co-op story mode, with new game mechanics built in too.

Potato54321
09-25-2012, 04:32 AM
Nothing. If you feel like you want this series to be like Call of Duty then buy all the games you want. Heck, they might as well release one each month, surely you will buy them. Admit it, Revelations and Brotherhood was a complete disappointment. Okay, Brotherhood offered multiplayer and a few tweaks to the gameplay BUT Revelations?! What the hell is den defense? Seriously, if they give the series some time to rest and time develop new ideas, then it wouldn't be so bad. Why do you think AC3 is sucessful?! It is because it took over 2 years to develop and NOT a game that is made on the fly just so they can make a few big bucks. If you stop milking the series, it would be good for the long term health for AC. I'm a fan too but I'm not blind.

That's your opinion, I loved both of those games.

As long as I have a historical city to parkour in, I'll be happy. You don't speak for everyone.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 04:35 AM
Blind ? Are you calling me blind ? No, Im not blind, but I know what You are.. Just some Complainer who did not like Den defense and the Desmond Mission, so decides to come here Whining about not having anything new, when we actually did..

Dont you call me blind.. I know exactly what Im talking about and Admit it ? Admit what ? I LOVED Revelations, every second of it, I pity you; however, that did not enjoy it as I did..

Blind.. What rubbish

Jexx21
09-25-2012, 04:36 AM
Assassin's Creed games aren't just game mechanics. They're stories.

Ubisoft says that with Assassin's Creed, history is their playground; They can't build a new sandbox every time they want to play.

Also, I don't even consider Den Defense to be part of the new additions to the gameplay, since I only played it once, in the tutorial for it. The game never gave me another chance to play it.

The hookblade, the zip-lines, the Master Assassin mechanic, the bombs, they were all great additions, and they made the gameplay different enough for me to enjoy Assassin's Creed: Revelations more than Brotherhood (which I enjoy more than AC2).

Potato54321
09-25-2012, 04:37 AM
Blind ? Are you calling me blind ? No, Im not blind, but I know what You are.. Just some Complainer who did not like Den defense and the Desmond Mission, so decides to come here Whining about not having anything new, when we actually did..

Dont you call me blind.. I know exactly what Im talking about and Admit it ? Admit what ? I LOVED Revelations, every second of it, I pity you; however, that did not enjoy it as I did..

Blind.. What rubbish

Calm down, he has as much right to an opinion as you have to think its rubbish.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Calm down, he has as much right to an opinion as you have to think its rubbish.
Yes, Opinion..Hear that ?

he should not speak of it as fact and then call me blind, because I don't agree with him and am not "Admitting" that he`s right..

Yes, I respect Opinions..He has NO right to call me blind for not agreeing with him..

tarrero
09-25-2012, 05:00 AM
It is not my intention to impose my opinions/feelings as facts......

ACR was a VERY game rushed game........ Even to the point of announcing in november 2010 a Nintendo DS game called "lost legacy" to be released in 2011. Such game would consist in Ezio searching for "something" that the legendary Altair left hidden in Masyaf...... Only to be announced 6 months later a new main instalment called Assassin´s Creed Revelations, with a very "similar" plot...

I prefer A+ games like ACII and ACIII every two years that B+ like Revelations annually.. But again that´s what a I feel and I quote

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"

monster_rambo
09-25-2012, 05:18 AM
I can call anyone blind whenever and where ever I want. There is no point in quarreling. You have your opinions and I have mine. I am glad that Alex Hutchinson and the team is not so keen to jump the bandwagon and start mass producing games every year. Emphasis on quality over quantity will make a better and more thrilling experience for an AC game any day. In fact, I would love to see AC games being produced in the future. Just not frequently. Kind of like what the Metal Gear Solid series is doing. Let's just set aside the opinions and bashing. AC3 looks great and it will be a good game. We can talk about that. No hard feelings mate.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 05:23 AM
I can call anyone blind whenever and where ever I want. There is no point in quarreling. You have your opinions and I have mine. I am glad that Alex Hutchinson and the team is not so keen to jump the bandwagon and start mass producing games every year. Emphasis on quality over quantity will make a better and more thrilling experience for an AC game any day. In fact, I would love to see AC games being produced in the future. Just not as frequently like the Metal Gear Solid series. Let's just set aside the opinions and bashing. AC3 looks great and it will be a good game. We can talk about that. No hard feelings mate.
You say you can call anyone Blind any time you want and then end it with "No hard feelings, mate" ? You have no right to call me blind for not agreeing with the crap you just posted, I`ll bash you when ever I want.. Yeah ? Its not Fact that Revelations Sucked and its not fact that Brotherhood Sucked, You did not like them, Talk about it that way..

ITS NOT FACT (Caps locks are cool) Stop preaching it and stop Whining, You wanna talk of it as Opinion fine by me, But DONT... Hear me ? DONT call ANYONE blind for not agreeing with you. This is a Community That has Varied and different Minds, if you cannot accept "Disagreement" and lower yourself to calling other opinions "Blind" you simply dont belong here..

I DEMAND an Apology right now, since you, as you claim, want to drop it..Im an Angry SOB too, yeah

monster_rambo
09-25-2012, 05:33 AM
You say you can call anyone Blind any time you want and then end it with "No hard feelings, mate" ? You have no right to call me blind for not agreeing with the crap you just posted, I`ll bash you when ever I want.. Yeah ? Its not Fact that Revelations Sucked and its not fact that Brotherhood Sucked, You did not like them, Talk about it that way..

ITS NOT FACT (Caps locks are cool) Stop preaching it and stop Whining, You wanna talk of it as Opinion fine by me, But DONT... Hear me ? DONT call ANYONE blind for not agreeing with you. This is a Community That has Varied and different Minds, if you cannot accept "Disagreement" and lower yourself to calling other opinions "Blind" you simply dont belong here..

I DEMAND an Apology right now, since you, as you claim, want to drop it..Im an Angry SOB too, yeah

It seems you are the only one that is making this such an big issue. I never said anything as FACT by the way. It is simply my opinion that they shouldn't release the game every year because this would destroy the series. I also said to drop the issue because this is going nowhere but then you start rambling on about demanding apologies and respecting opinions. Are you serious?! This is the internet and get over yourself. Next time, troll harder because it is not very effective on your behalf.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 05:40 AM
It seems you are the only one that is making this such an big issue. I never said anything as FACT by the way. It is simply my opinion that they shouldn't release the game every year because this would destroy the series. I also said to drop the issue because this is going nowhere but then you start rambling on about demanding apologies and respecting opinions. Are you serious?! This is the internet and get over yourself. Next time, troll harder because it is not very effective on your behalf.
http://memecrunch.com/meme/7S4A/idiot/image.png

Internet, dude..

I know this lowers me to your pathetic level, but yolo...

monster_rambo
09-25-2012, 05:45 AM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/7S4A/idiot/image.png

Internet, dude..

I know this lowers me to your pathetic level, but yolo...

It takes one to know one. So that just makes as equal. XD

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 05:50 AM
It takes one to know one. So that just makes as equal. XD
Yeah, Takes one Idiot to expose the Idiot in another(Me)..

anik_lc
09-25-2012, 05:52 AM
So this means Desmond will be alive at the end of AC III. :p

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 05:53 AM
So this means Desmond will be alive at the end of AC III. :p
Not really, no..

Desmond is not the only Descendant of Connor..

monster_rambo
09-25-2012, 05:58 AM
Yeah, Takes one Idiot to expose the Idiot in another(Me)..

Seriously, let's just set aside the differences and behave like grown ups. I'll apologize for earlier but I'm still holding my opinion. Cool?

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 06:02 AM
Seriously, let's just set aside the differences and behave like grown ups. I'll apologize for earlier but I'm still holding my opinion. Cool?
No Problem..

Like I said, I have nothing against Opinions..So I apologize too..Like I said, I acted like an Idiot, so I'm sorry..

kosmoscreed
09-25-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't believe much in this, if they want to make a sequel to AC3, they are working in it already or starting pre-production, I think this is just a warning for fans, AC is not over after AC3 and they are giving for granted that people will like Connor.

anik_lc
09-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Not really, no..

Desmond is not the only Descendant of Connor..

Surely not, but as we play as Connor through Desmond, it would be kinda awkward to play with Connor through someone else.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Surely not, but as we play as Connor through Desmond, it would be kinda awkward to play with Connor through someone else.
Why ?

anik_lc
09-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Why ?

Not sure but it sounds awkward to me!!

pacmanate
09-25-2012, 01:18 PM

Way more than TASM!

DeSabellis
09-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Why ?

Because what would be the reason of someone else relieving Conner's memories? It would be such a tough narrative to construct, that somewhere out there, someone aside from Desmond needs to see the remaining portion of Conner's life.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Because what would be the reason of someone else relieving Conner's memories? It would be such a tough narrative to construct, that somewhere out there, someone aside from Desmond needs to see the remaining portion of Conner's life.
Again, Why is it Awkward ? You still haven't said why.. Just that... Its awkward

kudos17
09-25-2012, 02:11 PM
I think the series can continue annually if the quality stays admirable, but I don't know about keeping the characters. After all, Ezio's story seemed to be finished at AC2, and at most, AC:B. AC:R just seemed like they were torturing the poor guy, at that point. If Connor's story is meant to end at AC3, then it needs to end at AC3. I don't want spin-offs for the sake of spin-offs.

A story has to come naturally. If they try to wedge a story for Connor where one just doesn't exist, the quality will suffer.

True_Assassin92
09-25-2012, 02:39 PM
I would like them to take a break. It would be cool to only have that one unique game about Connor like we had with Altair. I've seen people saying that'd be unfair to only see 30 years of his life compared to the whole of ezio's, but who said he doesn't die? I might be saying something stupid though as the devs mentioned they'd make another one with him(Connor) depending on how the crowd reacts...It's time for a hero to die and to not be a demi-god. :)

Sushiglutton
09-25-2012, 02:48 PM
What I liked about Ezio was that he despite being very dedicated and all the horrors he experienced, still managed to enjoy life. Crack a joke or flirt a little etc :). He was a bit like James Bond in that sense. Connor seems a lot more serious. Like the silent, total badass type. I prefer the more lighthearted Ezio-style. But I like the contrast. And so far we obv no very little about Connor. So have to see how it plays out.

ACfan443
09-25-2012, 03:26 PM
In my opinion, yearly releases are diluting the franchise. Even if there is a sequel to the main game you can't just "not buy it" - the story wouldn't flow coherently, e.g Brotherhood - huge plot twists. I want there to be a break next year and then for them to release an AC in 2014. Imagine the excitement you'd feel after a year of AC withdrawal symptoms.

Umbra_Blade
09-25-2012, 04:29 PM
I think the series can continue annually if the quality stays admirable, but I don't know about keeping the characters. After all, Ezio's story seemed to be finished at AC2, and at most, AC:B. AC:R just seemed like they were torturing the poor guy, at that point. If Connor's story is meant to end at AC3, then it needs to end at AC3. I don't want spin-offs for the sake of spin-offs.

A story has to come naturally. If they try to wedge a story for Connor where one just doesn't exist, the quality will suffer.

I agree with you. If the story is good, and doesn't feel contrived, I have no problem with them making a spin-off to AC3. If they are making it for the sake of making it, then I will be a bit worried. AC:B, I liked as it felt like it belonged to AC2, it was a natural continuation of Ezio's story, and finished things off for him nicely. I also liked AC:R, but for different reasons. I liked the gameplay, and liked it for Desmond's story, and also for the setting. The storyline though for Ezio felt disjointed from his other games, it still had a good story, but felt like it was more of a 'swan song' for Ezio and Altair. That is just my opinion anyway.

But like I said, if AC3.5 feels like a natural continuation of Connor's Story, then I will have no qualms about buying it on day one :p

AlexEzio89
09-25-2012, 04:56 PM
i love to have next year another game with conor she deserve 1 more game.i am sure next tear we have 1 spin off game and ac 4 is realease for next gen

ajl992008
09-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I think the best case scenario would be to wait a year and then make a ACIII spinoff for 2014 with Connor in the French Revolution. This will give them more time to make the spinoff game so that it can be a bigger better game and then release AC4 the following year but start work on it immediately after ACIII giving it three years of development time just like ACIII had.

you contradicted yourself, saying take a year off for more time to develop and just saying ac3 was made in 3 years......uhh THEY HAVE OTHER TEAMS, for all you know the team who made acb began on this spin-off for a projected release of 2014 or even the revelations team (still giving 2 years dev time), normal games are developed in 2 years as it is, you expect them to use 4 years up if its the acb team? no thanks they can use that extra year to begin on a new game resulting in more amazing games for us.

on the side note seriously who is saying acr's story was boring?..........i am just speechless that people genuinely think acb's story is better than acr, acr had ana amazing story with great characters and great development, i would argue it even beats ac2's story, its issue was that it wasn't as long as ac2. acr had a great story and the only people i see complaining about it are haters on this forum, the rest of the internet think its an amazing game, the only thing people can complain about is the Desmond sequences but even they were interesting in its own right.

ac3 will be amazing and ubisoft should keep up yearly releases as long as the quality is high, conner in the French revolution sounds amazing .

ajl992008
09-25-2012, 05:15 PM

ok here are the improvements since you must be blind and missed them:

hookblade- improved parkour system
bombs- huge variety of aspects effected, fight, stealth, tactics etc
huge graphics overhaul- the graphics in acr were simply amazing
performance overhaul- such as water effects, 3d fog, textures, npc clothing, facial animations
eagle sense- not only did this prove to change the way you interact with situations but it also changed some missions introducing new mission types.
setting: Constantinople is not Italy, its completely different so how can they rehash when they had to redo many of the buildings if not all of em, plus it was the best setting, also where in the series has there been an UNDERGROUND city.
side mission structure- although there were not as many missions, having them based on the assassin recruits was amazing and had a great story.
characters: compared to ac2and ac1 acr had amazing characters, who didn't like yusuf, sofia, sulamon and even the assassination targets were better characters.
the soundtrack: this is debatable but at the least it had an amazing soundtrack which a lot of effort went into it...cant rehash it...
altair missions: bringing back the original hero brings back nostalgia and his story was well done in the game although sure more game time would have been great.
story: if you say acr story was **** then i give up, you can debate its not the best in the series as its down to opinion but in its own right it is an amazing story closing the series 2 main character very well making it emotional
small changes: new hiding spots, change in notoriety system, new shops, new armours, new weapons, new cloth dyes.
meaning for the series: we finally get some answers or indication, some closure which in its own right is special.
cinematic: the best set pieces in the series and the most memorable moments in the series, except for the opening sequence of ac2 with ezio and his bro which is forever the best moment of the series.
multi-player: incorporating sp features into mp and most importantly adding a storyline to it which was amazing, plus the new modes and customisation was amazing.

there is definitely more but im tired of typing, i just wrote an entire essay to u on this matter, now please be quiet if you have nothing truly constructive to give this thread because your opinion has been proved severely wrong

kriegerdesgottes
09-25-2012, 07:35 PM
you contradicted yourself, saying take a year off for more time to develop and just saying ac3 was made in 3 years......uhh THEY HAVE OTHER TEAMS, for all you know the team who made acb began on this spin-off for a projected release of 2014 or even the revelations team (still giving 2 years dev time), normal games are developed in 2 years as it is, you expect them to use 4 years up if its the acb team? no thanks they can use that extra year to begin on a new game resulting in more amazing games for us.

on the side note seriously who is saying acr's story was boring?..........i am just speechless that people genuinely think acb's story is better than acr, acr had ana amazing story with great characters and great development, i would argue it even beats ac2's story, its issue was that it wasn't as long as ac2. acr had a great story and the only people i see complaining about it are haters on this forum, the rest of the internet think its an amazing game, the only thing people can complain about is the Desmond sequences but even they were interesting in its own right.

ac3 will be amazing and ubisoft should keep up yearly releases as long as the quality is high, conner in the French revolution sounds amazing .

I don't see a contradiction. Imagine how much better it would have been if Brotherhood and Revelations would have been mixed into one game instead of two mediocre ones. Even the developers have complained before about simply not having enough time and that's not even acknowledging the franchise fatigue that will and is setting in for some of us who have been with AC since the very beginning. I just think it would be beneficial for both fans and developers if they took one year off of releasing a game and then released a spinoff game two years later all the while also working on a huge sequel like ACIII and then the following year, released a new major sequel installation. So basically what this would do is make it so that the quality can be maintained better in the franchise and it gives the developers more time to work on it but only be missing one year per every three which gives fans a chance to miss the franchise a little bit.

thekarlone
09-25-2012, 08:07 PM
NO. I want ACIII to end Desmond's and Connor's story. Then, future games must start a brand new story.

IceHot100
09-25-2012, 08:09 PM
If you wanna make quality games, you can't do that annually, except you're developing AC5 since 2009/10. Revelations was released nearly after a year of Brotherhood release. Did it have quality? No! Why? Because not much effort was put into the game. Why? Because you wanted to make annually releases..The cycle will go on forever and I strongly disagree with Alex Hutchinsson about doing annual releases.

ACfan443
09-25-2012, 08:19 PM
If you wanna make quality games, you can't do that annually, except you're developing AC5 since 2009/10. Revelations was released nearly after a year of Brotherhood release. Did it have quality? No! Why? Because not much effort was put into the game. Why? Because you wanted to make annually releases..The cycle will go on forever and I strongly disagree with Alex Hutchinsson about doing annual releases.

I respect your opinion, but I wouldn't necessarily say it had ZERO quality, it was a good looking game, it's just that people grew tired of yearly releases and the same character. However, I also disagree with Alex supporting yearly releases, he's been talking about that subject a lot, which suggests to me that it's highly likely we'll see an AC release next year.

True_Assassin92
09-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I respect your opinion, but I wouldn't necessarily say it had ZERO quality, it was a good looking game, it's just that people grew tired of yearly releases and the same character. However, I also disagree with Alex supporting yearly releases, he's been talking about that subject a lot, which suggests to me that it's highly likely we'll see an AC release next year.

This, Ezio's third game was just one too many. I had seen enough of him, not to mention he looked pretty ugly in ACR in my opinion. In dialogues his eyes constantly coloured yellow as if his liver was crashing. There were a lot of bugs that point in the direction of a seriously rushed game. Nonetheless I'm a true fan and enjoyed it, but I want them to stop making annual releases.

lothario-da-be
09-26-2012, 02:01 PM
I want another game with Connor in 2014 And then a long break for ac.

AlexEzio89
09-26-2012, 02:27 PM
i want game next year and am sure we have 1 spin off next year i dont like to.have long break if the next year rhe spin off is like brotherhood is good.i want conor next year ib franch revolution

TinyTemplar
09-26-2012, 03:37 PM
I think the quality of AC:R was on the level. The more so developers at the same time managed to make a full third part. So they, obviosely, put the series on a mass production and I don't think we should worry about the fact that they supposedly do not rest. :)

MasterSimaYi
09-26-2012, 03:41 PM
If it were up to me, I wouldn't want another game with Connor. But given that plenty of people do want it, I fear that we may indeed get one...

I really enjoyed Brotherhood and Revelations. But I never approved of them as full games. When I first heard about Brotherhood, I was under the impression it would be a PSP game, but then I found out that it was a full console game. I thought, "Why? Why another game with Ezio?" When I found out that a large portion of the characters were fictional and that a lot of the story was not based on real history, I was quite disappointed. The story was brilliantly written regardless and it matched up to previous games, but I felt that the historical component was really missing. I just felt that they were trying to hard to find a story to work with just for the sake of having another game with Ezio. I felt the same thing with Revelations, were an even bigger portion of the characters were fictional.

The games also didn't just feel unique. I too felt like the games were just expansions of AC2, even though I'm well aware that they are not, and didn't much enjoy having to pay the same price for them as I had for AC1 and AC2. I just want to see every game with its own unique setting, protagonist and gameplay mechanics, and I really don't need a game every year. While I appreciate and enjoy every new bit of story that the brilliant writers come up with, I don't find it necessary to experience them through yearly game releases. I say leave Connor be, and conclude his story as it was intended. People will grow to love each protagonist, but that doesn't mean that each of them needs to have more than one game.

lothario-da-be
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM
If it were up to me, I wouldn't want another game with Connor. But given that plenty of people do want it, I fear that we may indeed get one...

I really enjoyed Brotherhood and Revelations. But I never approved of them as games. When I first heard about Brotherhood, I was under the impression it would be a PSP game, but then I found out that it was a full console game. I thought, "Why? Why another game with Ezio?" When I found out that a large portion of the characters were fictional and that a lot of the story was not based on real history, I was quite disappointed. The story was brilliantly written regardless and it matched up to previous games, but I felt that the historical component was really missing. I just felt that they were trying to hard to find a story to work with just for the sake of having another game with Ezio. I felt the same thing with Revelations, were an even bigger portion of the characters were fictional.

The games also didn't just feel unique. I too felt like the games were just expansions of AC2, even though I'm well aware that they are not, and didn't much enjoy having to pay the same price for them as I had for AC1 and AC2. I just want to see every game with its own unique setting, protagonist and gameplay mechanics, and I really don't need a game every year. While I appreciate and enjoy every new bit of story that the brilliant writers come up with, I don't find it necessary to experience them through yearly game releases. I say leave Connor be, and conclude his story as it was intended. People will grow to love each protagonist, but that doesn't mean that each of them needs to have more than one game.
doesen't take away that i still want to play more as altair.that was the biggest dissapointment in acr.

tjbyrum1
09-26-2012, 03:47 PM

I really enjoyed Brotherhood and Revelations. But I never approved of them as games. When I first heard about Brotherhood, I was under the impression it would be a PSP game, but then I found out that it was a full console game. I thought, "Why? Why another game with Ezio?" When I found out that a large portion of the characters were fictional and that a lot of the story was not based on real history, I was quite disappointed. The story was brilliantly written regardless and it matched up to previous games, but I felt that the historical component was really missing. I just felt that they were trying to hard to find a story to work with just for the sake of having another game with Ezio. I felt the same thing with Revelations, were an even bigger portion of the characters were fictional.

This.

That is all.

TinyTemplar
09-26-2012, 03:52 PM
I don't understand... if you don't want a new game every year - you just don't have to buy it. There are lots of people who want to see their favorite series coming out as often as possible.

tarrero
09-26-2012, 04:04 PM
ok here are the improvements since you must be blind and missed them:

there is definitely more but im tired of typing, i just wrote an entire essay to u on this matter, now please be quiet if you have nothing truly constructive to give this thread because your opinion has been proved severely wrong

ACR´s story it was good, but it was a VERY game rushed and short game, compare it with AC1, AC2 and AC3 in terms of how many cities those have and the general lenght of it. And that happens because they had at least two years of development and a SENIOR team!!!!!!,.......Check this!!!! In november 2010 Ubisoft announced a Nintendo DS game called "lost legacy" to be released in 2011. Such game would consist in Ezio searching for "something" that the legendary Altair left hidden in Masyaf...... Only to be announced 6 months later a new main instalment called Assassin´s Creed Revelations, with a very "similar" plot to be released..... I know that it is an international company, but you can feel quantity was being put on top of quality out of PURE GREED......Results??????:

1- Only nine sequences with some of it containing 3 or 4 memories and this goes to ACB too....
2- The most EXPENSIVE and yet dullest dlc yet..Again compare it with the battle of Forli, The bonfire of Vanities and Da Vinci´s disappearance.......
3- Almost a NON existant replay value, ACB had the machine´s mission and Romulus lairs...... And what did ACR have?????

That is why I prefer A+ games like ACII and ACIII every two years that B+ like Brotherhood and Revelations annually.!!! So I feel and I quote that:

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"

@Tinytemplar! As much as I love Metal Gear Solid and now this new Batman series.......I prefer to wait and have TOP quality products instead of "just" good products annually.....

MasterSimaYi
09-26-2012, 04:10 PM
I don't understand... if you don't want a new game every year - you just don't have to buy it. There are lots of people who want to see their favorite series coming out as often as possible.

Assassin's Creed is my favorite franchise, and my favorite fictional universe. If there is any new information released about its story - be that via games, comics, novels or internet projects - I want to know about it and enjoy it. If a new game is released annually, not buying it would make me unaware of all its story and other features, and I would not enjoy it as I would have if I bought it. You can see that I can watch it on YouTube, but that is both clumsy and doesn't make you enjoy the product. I can download a comic on the internet and read it, but it would still not be the same as having a physical copy and I would still want that physical copy.

I do not see how this is any solution that satisfies both sides. It's only favorable to the people that do want anual game releases, while people that do not would be left out of a lot of the universe's story. As I said before, I deeply enjoyed Brotherhood and Revelations, I just didn't feel like they were necessary as full games charged for the same price as AC1 and AC2. I want to see every game unique like AC1, AC2 and AC3 are to each other, and producing games like each of them requires two to three years. I fully approve of any new story being released between the releases of these games, but if I only got them through secondary media I would be just as satisfied. Also notice that I didn't say "I really don't want a game every year," but that I said "I really don't need a game every year." There is a difference in my wording. If a new game is released every year, I will obviously buy it. I simply don't think that they need to do it, and that it might be better for them not to.

TinyTemplar
09-26-2012, 04:12 PM
ACR´s story it was good, but it was a VERY game rushed and short game, compare it with AC1, AC2 and AC3 in terms of how many cities those have and the general lenght of it. And that happens because they had at least two years of development and a SENIOR team!!!!!!

apparently they've invested most of their efforts in the new multiplayer and all this new graphics

TinyTemplar
09-26-2012, 04:16 PM
or maybe they had a lack of money for the third part)

Serrachio
09-26-2012, 08:22 PM
apparently they've invested most of their efforts in the new multiplayer and all this new graphics

I wouldn't say that the multiplayer was completely fresh and new since Brotherhood, although given that I have played through each multiplayer to date, that might be a little biased on my part. To me, it seems like most of the pre-production and implementation for AC3 has been based around the singleplayer, and the multiplayer team has had to work from the base of ACR's multiplayer, which was based on ACB's MP as well.

Personally, I would like a gap of an extra year before I see a main console title release again, in order to maintain the quality of how the story flows from one to the other, and I believe it would greatly benefit the multiplayer department by giving them more time to create and innovate their portion of the Assassin's Creed series, and maybe consider a rebirth of mechanics and gameplay just like how AC3 has been produced.

Pragzor
09-26-2012, 08:22 PM
We love Connor already.

Serrachio
09-26-2012, 08:26 PM
We love Connor already.

I don't doubt that, but I'd consider waiting until after AC3's release before Ubisoft take at look at their audience and make decisions about future titles.