PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 PC controls, and gamepad questions

hXaris
09-24-2012, 04:22 PM
I have seen a while ago a post saying that AC 3 will be playable with a keyboard and a mouse, but If you wanted to enjoy AC 3 on PC you have to buy a controller.

How much true is this, and how much playable will it be with a keyboard & mouse, Is this officially confirmed?

( I have played all AC games on PC, with a keyboard and mouse, and I think the controls were ok, they weren't perfect)

MT4K
09-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Keyboard and Mouse should work just as good or bad as they did in previous games. The game is just built more with the Gamepad in mind.

ProletariatPleb
09-24-2012, 10:11 PM
To sum it up, the controls will be as good as the previous games.

anik_lc
09-26-2012, 09:20 AM
I will play it just like the old ways, keyboard+mouse. I haven't face any problem except few camera issues. I am OK with this. :D

almostmorning
09-27-2012, 08:12 PM
If you play a lot on the console, the gamepad would be a good choice. If you play xbox you don't even have to buy a gamepad.
If you are a former/occassional console gamer: Buy one of those cheap HAMA ps3 like gamepads and try it for yourself (The parcour things like the AC2 catacombs are much easier, because the camera plays along)
If you are a hardcore PC gamer who has never really touched a gamepad: don't waste the money (except you think you are a natural or have a sibling's gamepad around for trying). Plus: after years of AC on PC you'll have the wrong reflexed at the wrong hand.

adarwinter
09-30-2012, 12:51 AM
i play a lot with a controller but i still have to admit that even in AC games the mouse is far superior to the controller, simply for the fact that u CANT rotate the camera while pressing any of the face buttons, while by using a mouse you CAN. so in AC3 with a controller if you rotate your camera during combat than your thumb is not available to counter, while with a mouse and keyboard you can easily re-adjust the camera while still fighting, countering and attacking at the same time. big advantage.
besides racing games i havent found a single game genre that is more effective with a controller.

and no, im NOT taking into consideration Mass effect 3, COD or Demon souls that dont support one control scheme or the other at all. that's a "genre" of it's own :\

with that said - im gonna play AC3 with a controller :P because my computer is hooked to the 42 inch TV and i wanna play from my bed, thumb disadvantages and all...

leo258258
12-13-2012, 09:03 AM
So let me get this straight, I CAN play ac III on my laptop WITHOUT an Xbox controller, right ?

leo258258
12-13-2012, 04:36 PM
I just got ac III, but didn't start as I couldn't figure out the controls...... Can anybody please give me a list of the controls ???? I'd appreciate it.... I play on pc with a mouse+keyboard

Olivearu
12-20-2012, 07:16 AM
I actually play with a PS2 controller using a USB adapter. As far as mouse/keyboard controls go, you can remap them in the single player to whatever u want them to be, so the sky's the limit...it's the multiplayer that gets a bit sticky. I had to send a msg to the devs via Ubisoft's support page to ask if they planned on making the multiplayer buttons remappable as well, because it's impossible to play competetively when the right analog stick moves my camera left and right when I push up and down, and up and down when I move left and right.. Said it would be addressed in the next update, and so I patiently wait....

alphienrb
12-21-2012, 03:11 PM
I actually play with a PS2 controller using a USB adapter. As far as mouse/keyboard controls go, you can remap them in the single player to whatever u want them to be, so the sky's the limit...it's the multiplayer that gets a bit sticky. I had to send a msg to the devs via Ubisoft's support page to ask if they planned on making the multiplayer buttons remappable as well, because it's impossible to play competetively when the right analog stick moves my camera left and right when I push up and down, and up and down when I move left and right.. Said it would be addressed in the next update, and so I patiently wait....

HOW DO I REMAP THE BUTTONS IN SINGLE PLAYER MODE FOR THE DIRECTIONS.using the same pad and converter as you,thanks