PDA

View Full Version : EuroGamer Expo : SCB will be there !! (29th Sept)

LuckyBide
09-24-2012, 01:11 PM
This Saturday 29th September at 13:30 (time in London ?), David Footman from Ubisoft Toronto will talk about Splinter Cell: Blacklist at the Eurogamer Expo 2012.
Watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvODkhebWGY

If you cannot see it live, you will be able to watch it in a few hours here or in EuroGamer's YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Eurogamer

Maybe we'll see the new video from the last concept art posted by Zack :)

Knot3D
09-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the headsup !

Still, I'm not going to hold my breath & having large expectations.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-24-2012, 07:12 PM
I'll be there :) looking forward to it :)

Bobby_Johnson
09-24-2012, 07:22 PM
woot woot! very excited to see some new stuff.

Om4zd
09-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Thankyou for the info XD

StrayDog_RR
09-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Thank you! :D

UbiZack
09-24-2012, 08:53 PM
...or... maybe you'll see it before then... ;)

Maher21
09-24-2012, 09:02 PM

Like, maybe today/tomorrow? Right Zack?

Om4zd
09-24-2012, 09:04 PM
I^^ Aw man I bet he's trying to get us to give our hopes up. He's so sly.

DeltaSLAV
09-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Ohhh it would be best surprise...!)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-24-2012, 09:11 PM

Ooooooo

V.M.R_JaRuTo
09-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Curious ;>

LuckyBide
09-24-2012, 09:26 PM

I'm so impatient !! :D

sameer_monier
09-24-2012, 09:40 PM

I said tease me, not make me anxious haha, I can't wait to see the trailer, so much anticipation :)

SCAgent95
09-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Oh man. im so excited! Cant wait! and curse you Zack for making the wait more painful :D

EvilPixieGrrr
09-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Oh, Zack! There you go with the teasing again! :D

Awesome, I'll be sure to watch out for this.

MerriIl
09-24-2012, 10:50 PM

http://www.memecreator.com/static/images/templates/2996.jpg

CamberGreber
09-25-2012, 03:25 AM
http://www.memecreator.com/static/images/templates/2996.jpg

:) Love it.

KevinPDZ0916
09-25-2012, 03:29 AM
I am excited. I can't wait to see the night time level with all the classic shadows we are used to. I'm expecting to see a combination of ghost and panther gameplay. More stealth, less action. I hope Sam has a pistol with a silencer on it and I hope he can M&E lights, too. I want the function from CT that allowed players to turn off a light for 30 seconds for more stealth options. I hope the A.I. has significantly improved to be more alert to Sam's footsteps and such.

As much as I am excited to see the new single player stuff, I wish to see even a glimpse of SvM in someway, whether it'd be information from a presentation / interview or a screenshot. I know co-op and SvM will not be shown until later most likely, but Redding did say that he thought it was important for them to show what they were doing on the multiplayer side of things.

Oh well, I can always hope.

anik_lc
09-25-2012, 05:59 AM
Ugh! Still 4 days.

pietrop2006
09-25-2012, 10:31 AM

Zack are you crazy?:p

StrayDog_RR
09-25-2012, 10:58 AM

It's obviously better... don't you think so? :D:D

sameer_monier
09-25-2012, 03:45 PM
According to SplinterCell Twitter Page:

Who's ready for a big day? Ya might want to stick around your desk for a few extra minutes at lunch today... just saying.

So maybe it is today, my excitement is through the roof.

SCCUser1978
09-25-2012, 03:54 PM
According to SplinterCell Twitter Page:

So maybe it is today, my excitement is through the roof.

maybe today? That's wishful thinking! I hope your correct. ;)

KevinPDZ0916
09-25-2012, 04:01 PM
If it is today that is sooner than I thought before the event. That is great though. I would love that. The way Zack is putting it, it sounds like the stuff they are showing off is going to be huge. Clearly it should be after 3 months of nothing but the E3 demo level being shown off. Maybe there will be big reveals everyday or a couple at least.

SCCUser1978
09-25-2012, 04:16 PM
If it is today that is sooner than I thought before the event. That is great though. I would love that. The way Zack is putting it, it sounds like the stuff they are showing off is going to be huge. Clearly it should be after 3 months of nothing but the E3 demo level being shown off. Maybe there will be big reveals everyday or a couple at least.

wow "3 months" of nothing? They better release something very good!!!!

sameer_monier
09-25-2012, 04:48 PM

IMO there were never a 3 months of silence, yes we only saw one demo ((2 if you count the Ghostrhough)), but that's because it is still early on, but we got tons of information from interviews and previews, not to mention the most recent one was The Perfectionist Difficulty.

KevinPDZ0916
09-25-2012, 05:15 PM
IMO there were never a 3 months of silence, yes we only saw one demo ((2 if you count the Ghostrhough)), but that's because it is still early on, but we got tons of information from interviews and previews, not to mention the most recent one was The Perfectionist Difficulty.

I understand that. I did not mean that Ubisoft revealed absolutely "nothing". I meant that sarcastically as in showing us replays of the daytime mission from E3 in the extended demo (which, in my opinion should have been shown to us, the fans, at E3, not in August) and the ghosthrough. Those were nice, and I understand that they had to work more on the other levels. I guess what frustrated me more was the consistent comments of we needed to "wait a little bit longer" and that we would see more "in the coming months", espcially pertaining to the stealth elements for a stealth game.

The information in the interviews and previews was nice. The perfectionist difficulty was an added bonus to everything for me. But I guess there were only some interviews with extended crucial information. And some of the interviews elaborated on the same things. But because they addressed certain aspects such as the economy system and the suit upgrades, I do expect to see those in this next big update on the game's progress.

I do agree with some people here on the forums that the ghosthrough should have been shown at E3. It was the same build as the E3 demo, right? So they could have shown the ghosthrough at their own conference or from Zack right after E3 was done. Once again, not wait until the end of August.

I'm not saying that they showed nothing. They just showed the same daytime mission for over 3 months. I'm not saying I haven't been happy with what they have shown. I just hated the excessive use of the above statements that I mentioned for some aspects of the game.

sameer_monier
09-25-2012, 05:48 PM
I understand that. I did not mean that Ubisoft revealed absolutely "nothing". I meant that sarcastically as in showing us replays of the daytime mission from E3 in the extended demo (which, in my opinion should have been shown to us, the fans, at E3, not in August) and the ghosthrough. Those were nice, and I understand that they had to work more on the other levels. I guess what frustrated me more was the consistent comments of we needed to "wait a little bit longer" and that we would see more "in the coming months", espcially pertaining to the stealth elements for a stealth game.

The information in the interviews and previews was nice. The perfectionist difficulty was an added bonus to everything for me. But I guess there were only some interviews with extended crucial information. And some of the interviews elaborated on the same things. But because they addressed certain aspects such as the economy system and the suit upgrades, I do expect to see those in this next big update on the game's progress.

I do agree with some people here on the forums that the ghosthrough should have been shown at E3. It was the same build as the E3 demo, right? So they could have shown the ghosthrough at their own conference or from Zack right after E3 was done. Once again, not wait until the end of August.

I'm not saying that they showed nothing. They just showed the same daytime mission for over 3 months. I'm not saying I haven't been happy with what they have shown. I just hated the excessive use of the above statements that I mentioned for some aspects of the game.

I just said what I said cause some people seem to really think the 3 months didn't have anything at all ((SCCUser1978 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/851509-SCCUser1978) )), so I didn't want to cause any confusion :)

Anyway, we don't really know how things in the development are, Stealth is the hardest thing to show, for example it needs finished or near finished AI, that wasn't ready by E3, so that is probably why they didn't show it, and why the Ghosthrough is lacking here and there.

They will show the things they are talking about like Economy and Suit Upgrades, but they can't show it all in one go, otherwise they will run thin later on near release.

Remember that E3 demo wasn't much of a demo, it was hand-off proving that the game is really unstable and early, in a demo one wrong move and the demo may crash if the game is still early in development, so there are alot of variables.

I think the trailer showed some of the good stuff. :)

SCCUser1978
09-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Ok then, thanks for explaining that to me.:)

MerriIl
09-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Today is the day folks :rolleyes:

SCAgent95
09-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Its in a few hours! you can watch live here (http://www.youtube.com/user/Eurogamer/featured?v=OvODkhebWGY&feature=plcp)!

MerriIl
09-29-2012, 09:14 AM
dammit all, I'll be asleep! Oh well, at least when I awake I'll hopefully see the video posted here on the forum. Maybe I'll set an alarm if my gf doesn't object ;)

Nonetheless, thanks for posting!

sameer_monier
09-29-2012, 09:17 AM
dammit all, I'll be asleep! Oh well, at least when I awake I'll hopefully see the video posted here on the forum ;)
LOL and I won't be home, well when we are back we will see if it was worth it or not

MerriIl
09-29-2012, 09:19 AM
LOL and I won't be home, well when we are back we will see if it was worth it or not

Indeed my friend :)

LuckyBide
09-29-2012, 10:17 AM
I will make a new thread for the conference, I think it will be better :p

sameer_monier
09-29-2012, 10:27 AM
I will make a new thread for the conference, I think it will be better :p
why ?!, we already got one here :D, it is better to have 1 thread with all the info IMO.

Just update the OP with the Video once it is available, so we can continue to discuss it here, especially since the conference may not have anything new.

LuckyBide
09-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Too late. :/
Tell me if you know how to delete a thread.

Unless, please go here to talk about it:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716462-Watch-the-EuroGamer-conference-here-LIVE-%28at-12-30-AM%29

sameer_monier
09-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Too late. :/
Tell me if you know how to delete a thread.

Unless, please go here to talk about it:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716462-Watch-the-EuroGamer-conference-here-LIVE-(at-12-30-AM)

well never mind then, we will see the video, if it is worth it, then yeah a new thread would be better.

SCCUser1978
09-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Will there be a new Forum regarding this "video"??

SCCUser1978
09-30-2012, 02:13 AM
Will this video show new stuff or the same thing as before?

SCCUser1978
09-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Where is the video??

sameer_monier
09-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Where is the video??
It's on the first page, you didn't have to create a whole new thread about it, not to mention it got Zero New Info. so it isn't worth seeing.