PDA

View Full Version : Multi A/C Take offs and changed Bombed or Mud Airfields?

Destraex
07-31-2004, 10:49 PM
In the Pacific Torrential Rain would affect most jungle airfields. Or Bombs http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Will Aircraft damage that has not been repaired be visable if you are on a carrier campaign.

Also for airfield will it be posible to choose how many aircraft and what distance apart they are width wise for take offs. Always wanted this for my Coop missions.

Destraex
07-31-2004, 10:49 PM
In the Pacific Torrential Rain would affect most jungle airfields. Or Bombs http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Will Aircraft damage that has not been repaired be visable if you are on a carrier campaign.

Also for airfield will it be posible to choose how many aircraft and what distance apart they are width wise for take offs. Always wanted this for my Coop missions.

Tater-SW-
07-31-2004, 10:58 PM
The ability to damage airfields would be a wonderful addition (BTW, all the USAAF stuff I have from ww2 seems to prefer "drome" as in aerodrome for airfield, at least on their maps). The game already has planes taking damage from hitting ground objects. Couldn't a crater simply be a flat crater tile that is an object?

tater

Texas LongHorn
08-01-2004, 01:56 AM
Dang Tater, that's a great idea. I had never thought of it that way but I'll bet you're right, a flat tile that looks like a crater, making it an object in the code. Of course, that then begs the question that would this be the coolest thing in the FMB or what? <ggg.> All the best, LongHorn

http://img49.photobucket.com/albums/v149/msdavis/My_Sig_Image2.jpg

Destraex
08-01-2004, 02:25 AM
they already have flat crater sprites.

THey are used when bombers finish their runs in the current sturmovik

Tater-SW-
08-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Yeah, some objects (or sprites if that's what they are) are non-collidable, like some aircraft parts that fall off. If there is a "collidable" value for an object in IL-2, set its value to "on" in PF for the crater sprite. Instant runway damage.

I have damageable runways in the FMB thread, but this is more specific. A simple object that looks like a crater you apply to the runway in the FMB. Some could look like dirt craters, another might look like a twisted marston mat.

tater

warweapon2
08-01-2004, 06:21 PM
Yeah, then there is also a problem with doing this, as a crater as an OBJECT, serious bombing on airfields can cause MAJOR resource problems (what happens when you stick too much stuff in a level, the game becomes a slideshow). The easy way to do this, would be to use the current crater system we have, but allow it to damage aircraft as the pass over it (like back in the old days when aircraft parts would rip off landing gear and stuff)

WereSnowleopard
08-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Good Idea, It is best to notify to Oleg's room in topic "BOB" about idea as may too hard to do on old engine of IL2. Often see in BOB newsreels as bunch of RAF fighters hurry take off to intecept bombers as can not afford wait in line to take off.

Tater-SW-
08-01-2004, 06:46 PM
I realize it might be an FPS issue, but if it were a mission toggle, then you could chose to turn it on or off for a given mission. Might be a problem for most or all player now, but a year from now, it might not be an issue for anyone who keeps current on their machine. The more control mission builder's have, the longer the lifespan we'll have.

tater

wickedpenguin
08-02-2004, 08:28 PM
I'd LOVE to be able to damage airfields. I've lost count of how many times I've managed to nurse an He-111 through intense AA and fighter attacks, dropped a stick of 30 bombs up the runway centerline and across the taxiways, and then watch in vain as a La-7 takes off OVER my smoking craters and shoots my lumbering butt down.

Are craters seem as actual objects, or just as 2D "decals"?

"Fear is the mindkiller"
- Dune
----------------------------------
Wicked Penguin Corporation
Web - Flash - Multimedia - DVD Authoring

[This message was edited by wickedpenguin on Mon August 02 2004 at 07:40 PM.]

warweapon2
08-02-2004, 09:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wickedpenguin:
I'd LOVE to be able to damage airfields. I've lost count of how many times I've managed to nurse an He-111 through intense AA and fighter attacks, dropped a stick of 30 bombs up the runway centerline and across the taxiways, and then watch in vain as a La-7 takes off OVER my smoking craters and shoots my lumbering butt down.

Are craters seem as actual objects, or just as 2D "decals"?

"Fear is the mindkiller"
- Dune
----------------------------------
_Wicked Penguin Corporation_
Web - Flash - Multimedia - DVD Authoring

[This message was edited by wickedpenguin on Mon August 02 2004 at 07:40 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Craters are actually 2d bitmap decals.