PDA

View Full Version : Either increase winning rewards or decrease losing rewards.

Chompman
09-24-2012, 04:29 AM
Right now a player can get almost or in some cases more rewards for simply clicking end turn over and over to grind resources in the game if you are busy and cannot focus on the game as much such as watching tv.

Below is the example and while the times can vary a bit, losing like this can be between 45 seconds to about a minute and a half while actual games can last between 5 minutes to 10-15 in most cases, it does not increase for those longer games to make enough of a difference,

http://imageshack.us/a/img843/9866/defeatr.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img100/2565/winb.jpg

As you can see if you take the defeat rewards of the quick lost and multiple it by 7 because of how long the winning game took as it only takes a few seconds to get another game going after losing you will see doing 7 quick defeats results in 2,030 xp and 525 gold while one winning game results in 810 xp and 674 gold so you get a ton more xp and a bit less gold.

One of those needs to be adjusted to make it worthwhile for a player to actually want to play the game compared to simply grinding a ton of games as I have seen a few people doing this now over and over and I cannot fault them when the cost of cards requires a lot of grinding.

Or a limit of 10 fights per hour, provided the game lasts more then 5-10 seconds like many draw games do, could be added to prevent that as it would be very easy to set up a bot to take advantage of this when a person sleeps.

akkaradate
09-24-2012, 06:50 AM
I think limit fight per hour. It's good idea. but not include draw games.

BoromiRofGeo
09-24-2012, 09:51 AM
i agree with chompman. this is serious issue. i noticed it awhile ago, but never bothered to do it myself, because im just enjoying the process of playing with my opponent.
but seeing all these bugs in this game, im pretty sure that devs give no squat.
its hard for this game to dissapoint me with something more.
ps. didnt meant to disrespect anyone. i just cant stay and watch all these bug/cheaters/exploiters prosper and devs do nothing.

Matrix.disc
09-24-2012, 01:32 PM
I totally disagree with the opinion that "devs do nothing".
First of all, it was a weekend and well, people don't work over weekends, do they?
Secondly, there is some time needed from a bug/abuse/new feature being reported/suggested rolls out. Process includes analysis of the problem, implementing it, deploying. You still need to take into account that there are backlogs of features to implement and stuff to deal with, so newly suggested items will be added later on. There are as well release schedules, which influence the timings of stuff rolling out.
Lastly, I believe it isn't so much of a "doing nothing" issue, but it is a LACK OF COMMUNICATION issue, and a very serious one. Everybody on the community would get much, much more relaxed if we had more precise answers for our reports/suggestions/demands. Each time some ETA should be given, and please let it be more precise than "it's coming soon". That is NOT a real information. Let it be "it will come in the next 4 weeks" - then we'd feel that we are taken seriously. Really, people do have patience, but you need to provide them something more substantial than "soon" to hang on to. Trust me, it will work.

MD78
09-24-2012, 02:43 PM
This grinding is defintely a serious issue. IMHO leveling the rewards isn't the ultimate answer, because you can use a bot to do the work and then there is no time trade-off.
There should be no reward at all, regarding a certain level of passivity (without hurting tactical decks of course).

Meanwhile identify and ban the exploiters. It isn't accidental behaviour, just because "it's possible within the game", it's deliberate cheating.
Devs should consider a module, which identifys action patterns and can be evolved over time, so that it helps to identify different misbehaviours, because this example won't be the last and as bots get more common they should be prepared, for the sake of community satisfaction.

I know, name and shame isn't liked by everybody, but I'm not the cheater, so lzj900716 grinds and annoys me a bit and probably a lot of other players.
I think a community should very well be allowed to name malefactors who spoil the fun for the majority, but there should be no lynch law. In the end, it's always up to the devs to take actions or leave it. Probably there should be a channel to report these things, other than the forum.

Matrix.disc
09-24-2012, 02:46 PM
+1 md78

r3tsa
09-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Well bot could still play random possible card from hand, I don't think it is possible to negate them completely. When you actually bring it out now it is really freaking big problem. :/

MD78
09-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Well bot could still play random possible card from hand, I don't think it is possible to negate them completely.
You're probably right, but it makes it much more difficult, because a bot has to "know" much more about the game to perform valid actions, than just skip to the next turn.
Behaviour patterns, don't just include cards played, but online time, gaming hours, loose streaks etc. If well done, you get a bunch of accounts, that look suspicous and are worth a closer look.

Matrix.disc
09-24-2012, 03:14 PM
That's true that such a bot would need to be more complicated so it already puts a huge obstacle for people who farm gold in such a way.
I also think that this is economically important issue for developers, since this is a game where you can purchase goods too, so a workaround for gaining resources is directly harming the goals of the company (not to mention that it creates unfair competition).

tsukasa01
09-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Funny how the one complaining is also doing it...

Matrix.disc
09-25-2012, 08:48 AM
@tsukasa01 Would you be so kind to point out at the person, who is "also doing it"? Otherwise please remain silent with such comments that don't really enrich the discussion but in present form are just trolling.

Chompman
09-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Funny how the one complaining is also doing it...

And?

If I am busy watching tv this is a great way to farm resources at times right now especially with the heavy grinding the game requires.

I am posting this because it needs to be adjusted to prevent this used very often as more and more players are doing this in order to encourage more resources for a person actually playing per hour that is needed to prevent this kind of a grind and to prevent botting.

It's just that doing this kind of grinding resources should not reward a player with over two times the amount of experience and almost the same amount of gold then when playing for normal.

tsukasa01
09-25-2012, 09:33 AM
@tsukasa01 Would you be so kind to point out at the person, who is "also doing it"?
@Matrix.disc The person above me already answered your question. And in the first place, name shaming is against forum policy. It would do you good to remember that.

Please refer to below quote.

And?

If I am busy watching tv this is a great way to farm resources at times right now especially with the heavy grinding the game requires.

Matrix.disc
09-25-2012, 09:44 AM
@tskukasa01 I do remember the forum rules, but thank you for generously reminding me of them. If you are referencing to possibility of me nameshaming you, then know, that I was concerned about the informative quality of your post which, arguably, didn't present any added value to the conversation. If you are referencing to yourself restraining yourself from nameshaming someone else, then well, you shouldn't have written your post in the first place.

tsukasa01
09-25-2012, 09:57 AM
@Matrix.disc Let me elaborate for you:

You were asking me to "point out" the person, yes? I imply that I can not, because it is against forum policy. There was never any situation where I "restrained" myself from name shaming. So please, next time, don't request people to do something that you yourself know is against forum policy.

Matrix.disc
09-25-2012, 10:14 AM
It seems you didn't understand my post then. I didn't require you to point out the person and thus break forum rules by name shaming. I was showing the pointlessness of your post BECAUSE you can't name shame people. What does it add to the discussion when you throw some accusations, but gracefully only mention "there are people" subject.

I am sorry for the whole offtopic though.

Edit: Actually our whole discussion doesn't add anything to the topic of this thread. I won't offtop here any more.

leonid1995927
11-03-2012, 09:14 AM
To be honest, they're a bit annoying, yes.

But you're a hypocrite if you say "they ruin the game for you" because each of these 50 second games give you 600 gold.

I dislike hypocrisy. If you're gonna be a goodie-2-shoes; be honest about it. Explain yourself in a way other than "Greed is wrong *oh look, a penny!*"

You can't have your cake and eat it too. :o

groumph88
11-03-2012, 06:10 PM
And?

You want to make defeat totally unrewarding to discourage newcomers?

I don't do this myself, didn't even think of it, now plenty ppl will just skip to grind. nice move

Were you just sad because you had no good bot and want to prevent other to do so?

keadlash
11-03-2012, 10:24 PM
i agree with chompman. this is serious issue. i noticed it awhile ago, but never bothered to do it myself, because im just enjoying the process of playing with my opponent.
but seeing all these bugs in this game, im pretty sure that devs give no squat.
its hard for this game to dissapoint me with something more.
ps. didnt meant to disrespect anyone. i just cant stay and watch all these bug/cheaters/exploiters prosper and devs do nothing.

+10000000000000000000000000

And?

You want to make defeat totally unrewarding to discourage newcomers?

I don't do this myself, didn't even think of it, now plenty ppl will just skip to grind. nice move

Were you just sad because you had no good bot and want to prevent other to do so?

Are you kidding me?
Use bots is against the rules, and affects the economy of the game and the real money devs get.