PDA

View Full Version : How to play with UPlay Friends Only

Switchblade45
09-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Can anyone tell me how to play with my friends only (private game)?

I can change to Custom and Host a game, but then how do my friends find it and how to do I keep others out?

Thanks

Switchblade45
09-22-2012, 08:22 PM
ok, that is a bummer. I thought there was a way to have a Private game.

I just tried and perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see how to invite while in the lobby. I'll take another look when I get home.

We just got this game up and running so call us noobs and need to learn the setup tricks.

Switchblade45
09-23-2012, 04:12 PM
well, we have both computers running this game, and my son and I have made the Friend request/accept. However, I cannot invite him because it shows each of us is OFFLINE, when we are not.

I read in another post that uplay won't allow two users to play together using the same ISP IP address! This is so lame that if true, I will return both copies I purchased.

uplay support : please confirm this, or tell me why I cannot have two pc's running this game on my lan ,and both play in the same online game.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-24-2012, 06:19 PM
There is neither split-screen feature nor LAN support in the PC version.

Switchblade45
09-25-2012, 05:52 AM
There is neither split-screen feature nor LAN support in the PC version.

This is a lame reply. Read my post first. I didn't ask about LAN playing. I asked if two pc's on the same LAN can separately log into uplay with separate accounts and play two separate copies of the game, from the same house, I.E. same ISP, meaning the same WAN Internet address. I purchased two copies and have a home network. I have two pc's and two uplay accounts. Will we be able to join the same game or not?

newton55
09-25-2012, 06:22 AM
Switch, there is a way. My son and I had the exact same problem. There is a thread which explains the steps, I'll see if I can refind it and link it to you. It was very counter-intuitive but worked.

Switchblade45
09-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Switch, there is a way. My son and I had the exact same problem. There is a thread which explains the steps, I'll see if I can refind it and link it to you. It was very counter-intuitive but worked.

Thanks Newton! I really appreciate the help. Please do let me know when you find the instructions.

newton55
09-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Switch - I can't find it but will keep looking. Pisses me off I can't find it.

In the meantime though IIRC all we had to do was make each other friends in UPlay then launch the game and make sure we were on the friends list in game (it will say each other is offline even though you know otherwise). Then close the game and close UPlay. Launch UPlay again but do not launch the game. Go to the friends list on the main screen and delete your son as a friend and he should do the same on his computer by deleting you. I can't recall if you have to close UPlay again then relaunch it then the game before it works but now he should not be a friend in UPlay but in game he should still show up on the friend list but online.

Good luck and I'll keep looking.

Switchblade45
09-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Switch - I can't find it but will keep looking. Pisses me off I can't find it.

In the meantime though IIRC all we had to do was make each other friends in UPlay then launch the game and make sure we were on the friends list in game (it will say each other is offline even though you know otherwise). Then close the game and close UPlay. Launch UPlay again but do not launch the game. Go to the friends list on the main screen and delete your son as a friend and he should do the same on his computer by deleting you. I can't recall if you have to close UPlay again then relaunch it then the game before it works but now he should not be a friend in UPlay but in game he should still show up on the friend list but online.

Good luck and I'll keep looking.

Ok, deleted him in uplay...then after both games are running, did the Find a Friend and we can now invite eachother, and on the other pc, see the invite. However, we can't seem to end up in the same game. Even if I HOST a game and invite him, and on his end he acepts the invite, he doesn't go into the same game.

We are past the Online part and can now Invite and Accept. But we still can't seem to play in the same game.

I openned a uplay support ticket, and got this,

You can try removing each other from the friend list in the Uplay PC client. When you go into the game, add him as a friend through the game and that should allow you to play online with each other. For some reason, adding a friend through the game seems to allow you to see your friends as being online instead of showing them being offline when you know they on. Hope that answered your question.

Have a good day,

Henry
Ubisoft Support

Again, I guess I need step by step instructions for both pc's, as I must be doing something wrong. I just don't understand that after I Accept the invite on the other pc, why they don't end up in the same game.

Uplay has made playing together WAY TOO hard. This was simple 15 years ago, until they started trying to lock down LAN play and strewed it all up. What a joke!

pc_load_letter
10-10-2012, 05:14 AM

Any luck on finding that thread? I would be very interested as well.

Thanks,
PCLL

newton55
10-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Sorry guys been sick for a few days. No luck, I've checked the uPlay threads as well. I wonder if it's on a clan thread I may have come across.

@Switch - IIRC we would initially join the same game but not necessarily the same side, then it would match us after the first game. When you first invite him do you wait until he shows up in your lobby before going to a game? Both of you need to be there before launching. Don't go into a game then invite him apparently that system is borked as well.

Patch 1.5 had better be freakin' awesome or this game will go from comotose to dead pretty quick. And, the DLC's had better be free as only a few will pay for it and the player pool will be split.

BTW - EA & Bioware have just released another free DLC with new weapons and 6 modified maps for ME3 so that's where I'll be. They know how to put together a game and keep it going.

pc_load_letter
10-17-2012, 05:00 AM
What about something that hides your IP? I'm not a hacker type but I know something like TOR will mask your Ip when browsing, but I am thinking of something that masks all IP traffic?

That way, UPLAY would see two distinct IP's when players on the LAN connect?

Thoughts?

PCLL