PDA

View Full Version : nerf necro insta kill!

ovrpw
09-22-2012, 02:57 PM
death seal spell card is completly bogus, you simply draw it and no matter oponent creature 's resource level which makes it highly unbalanced, if necro has a creature card on play, there's absolutly nothing you can do to counter it.

To put it bluntly, to lose a resource 6 or 7 creature card to a lvl 2 card simply becouse it is cursed with death spell is frigging weird and unfair.

i've tried inferno deck and 2 differentheroes on stronghold, and i can tell the matches vs necro decks fell kinda wasted, totally unbalanced atm.

the card has no limit at all and it just keeps coming back

not even a direct damage spell card can kill another creatur as easy as necro cards, and they just keep summoning back from graveyard and there's few one can do to counter it.

soulreaver card is also definetly unbalanced.

pod11
09-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Mhm, try playing necro starter deck against inferno creatures that have 6/4/4 for 4 resource combined with easiest acceds to many damage spells and discards.

You might change your mind about balance ;P

ssslock
09-22-2012, 05:29 PM
death seal is ok, it's not easy to hit your enemy when you get better cards and goes higher in magic level, it only make your creatures harder to block. jugg/ravager plus firebolt is also hard to block.
But soul reaver is really unbalanced. it's almost always useful and doesn't care about magic immune and magic resist.

Matrix.disc
09-22-2012, 05:44 PM
I am not sure if Soulreaver is too powerful, but what could change about it is the wording : "Deal X damage to target creature, where X is it's max life points" - that would prevent it from being used on magic immune units and it'd make it less useful against magic resistant units. Though I'd like to underline that I am not sure if such a change is necessary - how often do you really see Soulreaver being used? Moreover there must be some kind of hard removal in the game too - that's what the Darkness Magic is all about.

Tarragon
09-22-2012, 09:04 PM
rly? too strong? compare this cards to their pendants in other tgcs like mtg, in my oppionion de removals here aren't too strong, more likely too weak, particularly when u compare them to the immense power of some low level creatures of inferno faction

Chompman
09-23-2012, 02:41 AM
rly? too strong? compare this cards to their pendants in other tgcs like mtg, in my oppionion de removals here aren't too strong, more likely too weak, particularly when u compare them to the immense power of some low level creatures of inferno faction

The thing is there are counters to instant kills in mtg but there are none here.

Magic protection should work against it.

BoromiRofGeo
09-23-2012, 03:31 AM
i myelf too had this problem as original poster with death seals. you can outmaneuver death seals with some skill and good units with human. it is hard, but its doable, the point is to not stay in the same line as undead and keep pushing your own. it is you who should dictate the rules of battle vs undead. not undead to you. latter will always cause you to loose, especially taking note of undead poison stacking.
soulreaver on the other hand, as chompman said. is overpowered.

Tarragon
09-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Which counters in mtg are u talking about? When u mean counterspells and such stuff, only blue can use them and when i compare soulreaver to a swords to plowshares or even to a terror it seems to me not really overpowered....

Le.Rancord
09-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Soul Reaver needs 4 magic, so means your units on the field will be usually weaker than those of enemies. And its just 1for1 you do not gain any card advantage out of it.

DarkBeast13
09-23-2012, 04:46 PM
So it will cost as much as lightning bolt, where lightning does not require your creature to waste a hit and kills almoust any creature by it self or if not, you use that hit to finish it off ? Please...

ssslock
09-23-2012, 05:37 PM
soul reaver is always useful, that's why i say it's unbalanced.
lamasu and plague zombie is good at blocking lvl3 creatures, and soul reaver take care for the lvl4 or higher.
magic card is take effect once you cast it, so you always get something from 1 for 1.
it's ok to use soul reaver to take out a lvl3 if it's causing trouble, just think you are using your pao deathseeker to take out a turn 2 dark assassin.

lighting bolt is nothing compare to soul reaver. death seal is a lvl 3 magic, and i don't use it any more after i got my 3rd soul reaver in close beta.

Le.Rancord
09-23-2012, 05:45 PM
yeah but magic cards dont win me game. And u can use manastorm. If u allready took 18 damage, and soulreaver takes out ure last blocker for his win, then well u messed up allrdy a while ago :)

Hydroopl
09-23-2012, 05:54 PM
yeah but magic cards dont win me game. And u can use manastorm. If u allready took 18 damage, and soulreaver takes out ure last blocker for his win, then well u messed up allrdy a while ago :)
Looks like you are winning? Armageddon/tsunami, no they don't win games hah. I need to deploy powerful creature, nope soulreaver/ death seal. The problem is that it destroys card, whatever it has hp. Somehow with so much HP on necro and moreover with event (so cards like 9-10 hp are nothing special) it is nearly impossible to kill with thunder bolt and finish off. But hey it will be back again even if dead

Le.Rancord
09-23-2012, 05:55 PM
I dunno i played now 3 times against the soulreaver/master of puppets deck, and while it annoys me, his creatures were way to weak to bother me.

All strong spells, as ar tsunami and armageddon, just be prepared for it. If he can kill a creature in t4 I probably allready did quit alot of damage to him. And then he only kills one, while I continue to do more damage. And then wow I can finish with pao or Altar of destruction.

Hydroopl
09-23-2012, 06:01 PM
I dunno i played now 3 times against the soulreaver/master of puppets deck, and while it annoys me, his creatures were way to weak to bother me.

All strong spells, as ar tsunami and armageddon, just be prepared for it. If he can kill a creature in t4 I probably allready did quit alot of damage to him. And then he only kills one, while I continue to do more damage. And then wow I can finish with pao or Altar of destruction.
You know, I've just had game with my worst mortal enemy - curse of netherworld. My conclusion after end was this - you need to win from very start (and enemy must not be cautious about his creatures) to survive this card. Even if it is 6 magic, 3 dmg on enemy units and 3 heal on yours is way too much. Seriously, only what he had to was finish off my creatures, but good for me I have killed all of them before he was even able to do it