PDA

View Full Version : Raanar Mauler

dekalicia
09-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi,
I have try deck orc, i don't get good card orc with booster so i try simply the deck.

Raanar mauler make me cry, i think this card are realy bad.

cost 1 : 0/0/2 enrage.
other cost 1 goblin scout 2/0/1

Raanar orc make 0 damage until we have die on our side.

so you start raanar orc 0/0/2 , ennemis turn he get big smile and put any creature with cost2 or two 1. ( ex : necro gouhl 2/0/2 )

or you take 2 resource, so you take harpy or anything else.

I think this card are useless at this time.

An orc must be Brutal, must make river of blood ! with 0 attack he just make me mad

Aza404
09-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi Dekalicia,

These low creatures are ment to be "sacrificed" in order to increase the enraged bonus on other bigger creatures.

Hope this helps ;)
Aza

r3tsa
09-20-2012, 11:20 AM
To feel enrage potential you must play kelthor(with proper enrage stacking he helps control the board) or acamas(his ability best fits as finisher or it can give you one turn more to live).

Takarth
09-20-2012, 11:44 AM
I currently play a stronghold deck around 600-700 rating. I thiink kelthor is currently the best hero to play stronghold with (except some funky control deck with shaar but those are lame imo).
It works quite well and wins against most decks, except high magic necro (Puppetmaster/curse/Tsunami). But it requires a litte bit training until you know how to play it. You have to know when to attack ,when to sacrifce and who to handle diffrent threats.

If you want the decklist, send me a PM, i'll give you some hints on how to play it.

EknaNoctura
09-21-2012, 08:17 AM
sacrifice to boost other, yes but at start, that don't work.

let's see other melee units cost 1

necro 2/1/2 no power
inferno 2/1/2 no power
1/0/2 2 power
haven 1/1/2 1 power

so why orc have 0/0/2 1 power ?

If so we have 1/0/2 1 power, that don't change he's role but can make a little pression. And he's power are so useless because he's the sacrifice, or he must be two dead to be like 2/1/2 melee necro or inferno

To me this card still not good.
to make a sacrifice if prefert pay 2 and put a rogue mercenarie, better choice to start with goblin rogue or get a card.

mrseev
09-21-2012, 11:43 AM
This card is useless. It was ok before enrage changes.

Matrix.disc
09-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Ranaar mauler has to get a buff! As mentioned above, it's severely underpowered in comparison to other 1 cost drops. One of these things could apply:
- Change his enrage value to 2
- Change his damage value to 1

r3tsa
09-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Stronghold is still good with him the way it is now, but only viable buff is +1 damage imo.

zenithale
09-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Ranaar Mauler is good in a specific Deck, based on Rage/Sacrifice and with Kelthor. In other kind of Decks this orc may be weak, thus you should just remove him and play something else, for exemple the Goblin 2/0/1 shooter, which is one of the most powerful Tier 1 of the game.
But I agree with a +1 Attack or Retaliation.

Matrix.disc
09-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Could we get an info if Ranaar Mauler is going to be looked at again by the dev team? It seems to be a generally accepted point of view that he is heavily underpowered in the current state and needs some aggressive buff.

Le.Rancord
09-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Heavely underpowered? He could need an imporavement, but heavily underpowered is not the right term.

Matrix.disc
09-24-2012, 05:01 PM
I might have used an exaggeration to bring attention to the issue :)
The "heavily underpowered" phrase still does make sense if you look at it from a wider perspective - dropping the lvl1 goblin applies pressure on the first time and no one is complaining that he is overpowered. Dropping Ranaar Mauler on the first turn is laughable, since there is no threat that he'll do any kind of damage (I know there are a couple of ways: Hut, +1 from hero, sacrifice other creature, Inner fire, but it's still very, very weak and not really cost efficient). That's why he really needs that offensive buff.

zenithale
09-24-2012, 05:33 PM
There are a lot of cards who are bad if you play them on the first turn. Ranaar Mauler one of thoses. But later, when end is coming, he is more efficent than Ghouls and Maniacs (for exemple).

r3tsa
09-24-2012, 05:53 PM
And it's pain when you have to block with them. xd

Matrix.disc
09-24-2012, 06:16 PM
It does get more useful later on, but well... with such a deck your "later on" should be already killing your opponent. You must have early game pressure.