PDA

View Full Version : Lacerator Vs Praetorian

BoromiRofGeo
09-19-2012, 06:12 PM
i dont know that if this issue was already discussed, but to me, it seems like a bug.
damage reduction of praetorian does not work versus Lacerator. i can confirm for sure that area blast damage of lacerator is not reduced.
it does not matter that lacerators dmg is magic. praetorian reduces all melee. even magic.
3 dmg of lac. should get reduced to 2.

Kuackillah
09-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Lacerator make magic damge not might, praetorian have might defence reduce

Ch3rryAC
09-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Area Blast attacks are count as magic damage.
Sweep Attacks are count as normal damage and therefore are reduced by Praetorian.

Note that if Praetorian is a direct target, he should receive reduced damage, because Area Blast damage goes only to adjacent creatures.

BoromiRofGeo
09-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Area Blast attacks are count as magic damage.
Sweep Attacks are count as normal damage and therefore are reduced by Praetorian.

Note that if Praetorian is a direct target, he should receive reduced damage, because Area Blast damage goes only to adjacent creatures.

thanks, it makes much more sense now. :)

zenithale
09-19-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't think that's a bug, that's how works Blast : the damages are fixed, thus can't be reduced (Praetorian, Weakness etc) nor increased (Inner fire etc). But as Ch3rryAC (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1305286-Ch3rryAC) said, the basic attack does not count as Blast and thus damage on the direct target can be increased/reduced.
Anyway Might and Magic damages are irrevelent here, Praetorian reduce both,as you know.