PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Daily Tournament

Ipwnfour
09-19-2012, 12:13 PM
When I am in a game, just before the deadline, will this game have any effect on my tournament ranking?

The leaderboard is hidden after the deadline (1h break), so it's hard to tell if the game counts or not.

Whether the game counts or not, will help me decide whether I should play a Tournament Game or a Duel Game, right before the deadline.

Hope this makes sense :p

Ch3rryAC
09-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Make sense, but only devs can answer that ;)

Gareth_n
09-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Few days ago I was in 5th, started a game to try get back to 2nd where I had been. I had about 8 minutes for the game, but my opponent played **** slowly, and we def. weren't done by the exact closing time. End result, I won the game, and came 3rd. So, unless 2 people above me both lost games in the final few minutes, I think games started before the deadline count, even if they aren't done by the deadline

Ipwnfour
09-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Few days ago I was in 5th, started a game to try get back to 2nd where I had been. I had about 8 minutes for the game, but my opponent played **** slowly, and we def. weren't done by the exact closing time. End result, I won the game, and came 3rd. So, unless 2 people above me both lost games in the final few minutes, I think games started before the deadline count, even if they aren't done by the deadline

That's also what I would think should be the case. That "hour break after the deadline" will be there to let people finish their games I think.

r3tsa
09-19-2012, 12:32 PM
From my experience from closed beta, if you exceed tournament time limit, the game you are playing will be counted as global ladder, I doublt they changed it.

MD78
09-19-2012, 12:34 PM
the game you are playing will be counted as global ladder

Really? My experience is, that those matches count, no matter if you meanwhile cross the tournament deadline.
But I can't confirm for sure.

r3tsa
09-19-2012, 12:47 PM
At the moment you can't confirm it without watching leader board after deadline, but there was a time period in closed beta when, tournament games didn't affect global ELO, so it was easy to check what happened after crossing the deadline. The second case is that iit wouldn't make sense, if even after exceeded time duel still count for tournament rating, then leader boards should still be visible + it wasn't mentioned about it in patch notes(not that everything's mentioned).

Still only devs can confirm my theory. :X