PDA

View Full Version : Quitting at match begin, is ELO cheating and annoying

MD78
09-19-2012, 03:23 AM
There're several players who constantly bail out of new started matches.

I suspect them to artificially keeping a low ELO rating for easy and quick to beat prey.
All in all, that feels not fair and is annoying to players who'd go for the challenge.

Black sheeps are e.g.
- xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ELO 1 and 202 duels won (come on!)
- xxxxxxxxxxx (who quit me three times today)

I suggest, to respond to early quittings with a subtraction of 100 XP down to 0 of the actual level bar.
So constant quitters miss the level up bonus, which makes it less attractive.

EDIT: I x-ed the names out, not to nameshame anybody
If you're looking for examples, check the ranks: low ELO and lots of won games talks for itself;

BoromiRofGeo
09-19-2012, 05:18 AM
actually, this is quite the problem.
and i agree with md78. there should be penalty for leaving at the start of combat.
this is really easy exploitable thing.

Le.Rancord
09-19-2012, 06:41 AM
He looses ELO, but not tournament ELO. Btw i think nameshaming is against forum policy, and it should be adressed but in form of changing the system.

r3tsa
09-19-2012, 10:04 AM
I believe **** like those one and few others should be banned...

HugoStrange76
09-19-2012, 10:08 AM
thats happen cause of one bug. the deck for some players after starting a game arent visible so they quit the game. just happende for me three times...

Aza404
09-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi,

this is already mentioned in previous threads. Please use the Search option before posting.
I've warned the devs about this "Cheat" and hope this issue will be looked at soon.

Best,
Aza

Hydroopl
09-19-2012, 10:47 AM
thats happen cause of one bug. the deck for some players after starting a game arent visible so they quit the game. just happende for me three times...
Yeah, but after releasing open beta I met someone 2 times in a row, that wasn't doing anything through all game - just bot for gold probably

Chompman
09-19-2012, 11:40 AM
It could be like Hydroopl said and people quitting after a few turns to get a bunch of gold while busy elsewhere so they simply surrender then.

They should add that as a loss when in a tournament and that will fix it there but for normal duel they can simply make it so you have to actually finish a game to get gold and experience that way to prevent early surrender but adding a additional negative would be going too far especially for people with poor connections or people using vpn's in order to play the game right now.

MD78
09-19-2012, 01:00 PM
@Aza404:
this is already mentioned in previous threads.
I know, initially I wanted to push the thread, but didn't find it. Sorry, should've searched longer, but time is gold ;)

@Le.Rancord
Btw i think nameshaming is against forum policy
If that's so, I'm sorry, too, wasn't aware of that, because names were previously mentioned in terms of abusing and cheating, without complaints.

Matrix.disc
09-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Have you seen tournament results over last few day lately? Who won them? That person who won them (and whose nick is inspired by a famous ex-military British adventurer who had his Man vs. Wild survival series on Discovery channel) should be banned immediately or given an immediate account wipe! What the hell, he's basically stealing from creators of this game and from other players too. God**** massive abuse like that should be punished!

Dear Aza, please do take a harsh action against that person, because he is spoiling the fun not only for one person he quit on, but for a gigantic amount of people (with higher involvement and higher skill level) who that that game a little bit more seriously. Think as well about the lower skill level players - how they are being continuously stomped by that abuser. If you can't ban him, please contact the people who can do so.

A slight offtopic : that's a really interesting article on wikipedia to read : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls

Chompman
09-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Mat you have to remember there is no rule against this at the moment so no action will be taken most likely.

Matrix.disc
09-22-2012, 07:13 PM
What doesn't mean that this ... "person" should go unpunished - there are many examples of people abusing a game's bug extensively and then the dev team takes a decision that it was done with malicious intent and even though it wasn't openly forbidden, there was a clear understanding that this isn't a good behaviour by any stretch of imagination. Thus such "people" were getting banned (i think there was a situation like that with one of the intergalactic MMOs where you could heavily abuse the system by trading some goods in a certain way. All players who abused that system were banned)

That's why I really want this to be ended and I know that devs are working hard on next patch, so the solution is coming. But that "person" can NOT go unpunished for the abuse he's done.

speedhealer128
09-22-2012, 07:19 PM
is ok the dodge for draw cuz this game dont have mulligan you cant play vs inferno with bad hand and when they dodge you win free elo i like when people dodge me you win 10 or 15 elo in 30 sec lol

Matrix.disc
09-22-2012, 07:25 PM
It's not about getting more ELO, rather on the contrary! That guy is at 1 ELO so he gets matched only against very low level players. He's got MUCH better cards, so he wins 15-25 games in a row and his tournament ELO skyrockets - so he wins the tournament easily getting even more money for his abusive behaviour.
I'm extremely annoyed by such... "people" and I really think that for the sake of everyone else having fun, that guy has to feel that in this game abusive behaviour won't be tolerated.

Matrix.disc
09-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Quick update! It happened just now.

Dear speedhealer, you have JUST NOW quit on me after playing your first round all right. So apparently you didn't have a "bad hand". Then in the second turn after I played my card, you've quit. Immediately. Good job, speedhealer. That's the true spirit of sportsmanship and non-abusive behaviour!

Oh and tell me how much you like your ELO!

speedhealer128
09-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Man the tournament is very balance you can get 5 place and you gona get 1 tier lol and you only need win 12-15 game or if you can only win 10-8 you gona get 2 tier

Matrix.disc
09-22-2012, 07:46 PM
You aren't even using arguments right now. That's not an OK behaviour and we all know it.

speedhealer128
09-22-2012, 07:52 PM
i dont see you commentary of me man so mad first time i win vs you 2 time 2 turn you dark assasin broken card with heroe mother lol

Chompman
09-22-2012, 08:08 PM
What doesn't mean that this ... "person" should go unpunished - there are many examples of people abusing a game's bug extensively and then the dev team takes a decision that it was done with malicious intent and even though it wasn't openly forbidden, there was a clear understanding that this isn't a good behaviour by any stretch of imagination. Thus such "people" were getting banned (i think there was a situation like that with one of the intergalactic MMOs where you could heavily abuse the system by trading some goods in a certain way. All players who abused that system were banned)

That's why I really want this to be ended and I know that devs are working hard on next patch, so the solution is coming. But that "person" can NOT go unpunished for the abuse he's done.

Remember.. not everyone reads forums so if the devs said to stop it only here it would not work.

The thing is this is something anyone can do and honestly it is not game breaking, such as a way to get unlimited cards, but instead lets you fight against lower ranked people and that is not a very large issue.

They can't single out just this person when numerous people do it and if they banned everyone for leaving early at times it will not end well.

speedhealer128
09-22-2012, 08:17 PM
dont know why people is so mad for leaving if your oponent leave for bad hand or becasue he know have better deck and dodge dont care you win free elo in less that 30 sec enter queu again and win hapend again you win elo lol but still this game need have mulligan is extreme neccesary minimize the luck

Matrix.disc
09-22-2012, 08:18 PM
I didn't mean that every person that has ever left a game like that should be banned. As you say that is a minimal scale issue.
The case with that single "person" is different, because he (and I haven't really noticed anyone else with super low ELO making it to the top 10 in tournaments) is abusing it consistently on a huge scale. That's why that one "person" should be singled out and banned.

speedhealer128
09-22-2012, 08:26 PM
you mean the 1 place in tourny this 2 past day? i nver play vs him dont know how he get that elo tourny but i see he play alot like 50 game that means alot of time you can get same reward in 1:30 or 2hrs wining 12-15 game and he is not mi friend just dont care if we get same reward

r3tsa
09-23-2012, 02:34 AM
I bet BeargryllsWTT is someone's smurf account.

Chompman
09-23-2012, 02:43 AM
I didn't mean that every person that has ever left a game like that should be banned. As you say that is a minimal scale issue.
The case with that single "person" is different, because he (and I haven't really noticed anyone else with super low ELO making it to the top 10 in tournaments) is abusing it consistently on a huge scale. That's why that one "person" should be singled out and banned.

The problem is for all that person knows it's intended.

Either the devs need to message him about it or fix it in other means that can be a lot faster then probably what the required set up takes to fix lowering your ranking like this such as temporary removing the reward he gets.

Singling out players for something they may not know is a bug that the devs are looking at to get fixed is not the way to go.

Matrix.disc
09-23-2012, 02:10 PM
The thing is that this "person"'s behaviour is indicating that he/she knows EXACTLY what he/she is doing and that's why there are no real reasons to believe that it's just an innocent mistake. It's a planned and executed big scale abuse. I am very strongly hoping for a ban for that "person".

r3tsa
09-23-2012, 04:30 PM
The problem is for all that person knows it's intended.

Either the devs need to message him about it or fix it in other means that can be a lot faster then probably what the required set up takes to fix lowering your ranking like this such as temporary removing the reward he gets.

Singling out players for something they may not know is a bug that the devs are looking at to get fixed is not the way to go.

Lacking common sense or being an idiot should hurt...

@down it's r3tsa ^^

Matrix.disc
09-23-2012, 04:35 PM
+1 r3sta

manytrees2
09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
They should totally seperate tournament from elo-duels.

Use a seperate daily elo list for the tournament and dont let tournament games influence the normal elo list.

And to make the tournament attractive specially for the better players they could give some visual awards like medals for the first 3 places.

Just some ideas :).

Matrix.disc
09-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Hey, people, guess what! That a**hole BearGryllsWTT is first again with 265 points!

Aza, please, ban that guy! The longer he goes unpunished, the more community will feel like abuse is tolerated and we aren't really listened to.

BoromiRofGeo
09-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey, people, guess what! That a**hole BearGryllsWTT is first again with 265 points!

Aza, please, ban that guy! The longer he goes unpunished, the more community will feel like abuse is tolerated and we aren't really listened to.
^
^
^
^
^
^
this
and this is actually pretty good and logic thing to do.

They should totally seperate tournament from elo-duels.

Use a seperate daily elo list for the tournament and dont let tournament games influence the normal elo list.

MD78
09-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Matrix.disc, I'm with you.
I don't like the argument, it's not forbidden, so it's allowed.
Good style in life never works that way, it's always a question of character and, yes, he knows that it is abusing, but he just doesn't care .. neither do I, when he gets banned.

Ch3rryAC
09-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Take a Guild Wars 2 for an example. People were banned for buying item from Vendors and selling salvage materials from them.

That wasn't against any rules, but everyone knew this was free-money and obviously a bug, so normal players didn't abuse it.

I think that when INTENT of cheating/abuse is clear then ban is understandable.

Matrix.disc
09-24-2012, 01:10 PM
That's another good example (GW2) for getting banned when abusing a bug with malicious intent. I think that's the way to keep the game environment clean and enjoyable for all the players.