PDA

View Full Version : so, about replay option and how do i record a game?

BoromiRofGeo
09-17-2012, 10:14 PM
hi guys. so, first of all, im old school starcraft 1,2 warcraft 2,3 player, and for all these years i'm kind of used to watching my own/or other players games.
as i understand Duel of Champions saves replays files, and its just they dont work just yet* ( when this will work? )
and now my question, i would really loved to record my games so i could watch them later with friends or smth. ( as i usually did in strategy games )
today i've played one spectacular game, 35 rounds, 100 cards depleted. it was just - awesome, and i really wish i recorded it somehow.
so, what program should i use to record video files/footage, fraps? while game is in full screen? but fraps doesnt have good conversion method of video files. so, please, awaiting for your advice :p and video (.avi) files are like, unconverted video files of size ~5-6 gb

Yavendar
09-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Usually, I use camtasia recorder if I want to record my desktop screen.
You can make a little video and sound editing too

But yeah, I hope Might and Magic team can provide this record features
And we can just watch other dueler's battle

SpaceElephant
09-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Hello guys! That's very good that you want to watch your games! I agree this is very exciting! You have seen the replay files in the game directory, which means that it's obviously a feature that we will implement in the future. But it's not working yet, so don't waste your time trying to make it work.

We will eventually launch a Grand Finale Video event/contest so it can be a very good thing to know how to record your games. Here at the studio we use Fraps, it only works with Direct X games, and it makes very large files. A nice free software that I also suggest you is Debut, which saves pretty light files and you can chose to record the sound or not. Camtasia also do a great job. You have now a few sofwares to check out!

Let us know if you record any of your duels!

Cheers

SpaceE

Ch3rryAC
09-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Same here.
I use Fraps for capturing Video from the game.
Then Camtasia Studio to edit and compress files.

Here is an example game from polish community tournament (2x speed, without commentary)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVhzzaO-9gM