PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Medo3G
09-17-2012, 03:35 PM
I made this thread to avoid spamming the forum with multiple posts, so it contains questions that are not really relevant to each other.

1.Did Desmond actually relive the events of bloodlines (the PSP AC), he refers to Maria in AC2 as "the girl from Acre" and Altair saw her in Jerusalem in AC1 but met her in Acre in bloodlines. And if so how did he get the animus to make him do that?

2.If the franchise is going as they planned in the beginning, how can previously unplanned games ACB & ACR (especially ACB) have such major events?

3.Since everybody seems to believe it can somebody link me to where it says that TLA is from S16's perspective?

4.Was Abstergo aware of the solar flare before Desmond/Ezio was warned by Minerva? And if so did they purposefully make Desmond know about it so he would stop it and it was their plan all along?

5.Was it ever said that the solar flare was coming in 21/12/12?

6.When does the events of the multiplayer ,project legacy & liberation happen in relation to the games' timeline? As Desmond stated that Abstergo never promoted the animus project.

7.Can someone explain to me the ACB timeline? I recall the writer mentioning something about it in the TLA podcast but never actually understood what he meant.

Not actually a question. The AC games have the habit of hinting towards the end in the the beginning (AC1's broken intro sequence, AC2's hints at the back of the codex. ACB's also broken intro sequence and in ACR the fact that Ezio knew about the vault from the very beginning) while I loved it in AC1 & AC2 it was too obvious in ACB & ACR. So do you like these or wish of no hints at the end of the game. IMO I really loved the way Arkham City did it :)

POP1Fan
09-17-2012, 03:47 PM
I made this thread to avoid spamming the forum with multiple posts, so it contains questions that are not really relevant to each other.

1.Did Desmond actually relive the events of bloodlines (the PSP AC), he refers to Maria in AC2 as "the girl from Acre" and Altair saw her in Jerusalem in AC1 but met her in Acre in bloodlines. And if so how did he get the animus to make him do that?
Yes, it is very likely that he did.

2.If the franchise is going as they planned in the beginning, how can previously unplanned games ACB & ACR (especially ACB) have such major events?
The whole story with the prevention of the solar flare can still go on as planned, but little things like Lucy dying are not that relevant.

3.Since everybody seems to believe it can somebody link me to where it says that TLA is from S16's perspective?
It doesn't say anywhere, but since Desmond didn't and TLA is accesed from the Animus menu Clay is the best contender.

4.Was Abstergo aware of the solar flare before Desmond/Ezio was warned by Minerva? And if so did they purposefully make Desmond know about it so he would stop it and it was their plan all along?
Probably not. But we won't know until AC3.

5.Was it ever said that the solar flare was coming in 21/12/12?
In Brotherhood, it is referenced during the last Desmond parts.

6.When does the events of the multiplayer ,project legacy & liberation happen in relation to the games' timeline? As Desmond stated that Abstergo never promoted the animus project.
They most likely happen at the same time as AC2.

7.Can someone explain to me the ACB timeline? I recall the writer mentioning something about it in the TLA podcast but never actually understood what he meant.
I don't understand what you are asking.

Not actually a question. The AC games have the habit of hinting towards the end in the the beginning (AC1's broken intro sequence, AC2's hints at the back of the codex. ACB's also broken intro sequence and in ACR the fact that Ezio knew about the vault from the very beginning) while I loved it in AC1 & AC2 it was too obvious in ACB & ACR. So do you like these or wish of no hints at the end of the game. IMO I really loved the way Arkham City did it :)
No hints, that would be the best way, but we already know they are at the Temple.

Locopells
09-17-2012, 03:52 PM
1. Desmond see maria in Acre during the bit in the middle of AC2 where he has a Altair moment, out of the Animus.
2. I belive ACB and ACR contained elements that were mooted during AC2 planning, and then cut.
3. It's Clay's memories - of course it's from his perspective.
4. Unclear but doubtful.
5. No - that's Abstergo satellite launch, but I doubt the coincidence is unintentional.
6. ACB and ACR multiplayer happen simultaneously to the event in the main singleplare storyline. ACPL is unclear, but seems to be a forerunner to the multiplayer in ACB. ACL is unknown, but at a guess i would say simultaneous to AC3's storyline since Abstergo are about to go public with the Animus during AC3's multiplayer.
7. What's the problem?

I'm afraid I don't get the last bit?

RzaRecta357
09-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Haven't been here often and I'm a little rusty but I'll try..

So, Maria was in AC1 also. Remember? He refuses to kill her when he sees she isn't his final target. I don't believe bloodlines is canon.

Well, they've been working on AC3 for a few years now.... So I think Corey had the MAIN story planned out but they decided to flesh it out while working on the third.

I don't remember but most people think that since you basically only hear his memories. Still, his memories were lost down there sort of like Inceptions limbo. So who knows.

I still don't think they know about it. Remember, Vidic never reached Ezios memories. He escaped first and some people believe that 16 has Ezio as a common ancestor and that it was the reason he killed himself... So they couldn't reach that memory... Again I could be wrong on the 16 thing.... Been purposefully staying away from here.

I don't think they mentioned the date exactly..... But it's in Mayan calenders and what not..Not to mention the games have only been a few days or weeks apart from each other so the game needs to end and thats the date it's going to be around. Also, the Templars probably chose their launch date as that day for it's historical significance.

I think that stuff happened concurrently with the games as they went along. It's not public... They're just training their templars to fight like assassins.

By AC3, apparently the Vita game is the public version of the animus... I think I read that somewhere anyway..

ACB timeline? What's to know? It's right after AC2. Like literally a day or two after.

The hints don't bother me because.... Well, no one expected a native/british assassin. We had the idea of America but that's about it.

In fact, it's hard to know what's going to happen. After all this is the trilogy closer. Desmond has to hopefully rock that hood and stab some people this time.

The modern day storyline has to open right up to us and finish in this game.

Medo3G
09-17-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't understand what you are asking.
They said that Ezio hid the POE in the vault in 1506 but he fought Ceasre in 1507 yet they tried to access the fight first. I was pretty confused (and I still am). When the writer explained it he confused me more :P

RzaRecta357
09-17-2012, 03:59 PM
They said that Ezio hid the POE in the vault in 1506 but he fought Ceasre in 1507 yet they tried to access the fight first. I was pretty confused (and I still am). When the dude explained it he confused me more :P

Pretty sure they try to access the fight off the bat but all the emotional things Ezio went through there's an issue and Desmond needs to sync better. In real life Cesare got caught (When Ezio stops him in town with his assassins and the apple.)

During this time Ezio went to stash the apple. Before doing it he looked into it and seen that Cesare would escape and again be at war. So he decides to go finish his revenge that he started so long ago.

Pretty sure that's it anyway.

Locopells
09-17-2012, 04:05 PM
They tried to find where Ezio put the apple in 1506, but couldn't get past the memory of first using the apple to look at the future of himself fighting Cesare in 1507.

This is why the fight comes first in the memories - because it's actually Ezio looking forward.

RzaRecta357
09-17-2012, 04:07 PM
They tried to find where Ezio put the apple in 1506, but couldn't get past the memory of first using the apple to look at the future of himself fighting Cesare in 1507.

This is why the fight comes first in the memories - because it's actually Ezio looking forward.

Ahh that's awesome and I never thought of it. You're basically seeing what Ezio sees when he looks into the apple with Leonardo one last time then. Sweet.

Medo3G
09-17-2012, 04:11 PM
So, Maria was in AC1 also. Remember? He refuses to kill her when he sees she isn't his final target. I don't believe bloodlines is canon..

1. Desmond see maria in Acre during the bit in the middle of AC2 where he has a Altair moment, out of the Animus.
When he saw her in AC2 he said that she was from Acre in AC1 he met her in Jerusalem. Yeah the main purpose of the question to know if it's canon and if Desmond was able to enter the animus to relive memories unattended

Errrrr..... Huh ?! So they went to the past where he sees his future where he sees his past too ?

I'm afraid I don't get the last bit?

The games hinted at the ending (mainly the one related to the ancestor) So do you wish they don't hiint at the end at all, not even in a clever way (like Arkham City) ?

POP1Fan
09-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Errrrr..... Huh ?! So they went to the past where he sees his future where he sees his past too ?

In 1506 Ezio is looking into the Apple and sees the fight with Cesare from 1507. What you are actually reliving during that mission is Ezio seeing the future.

Locopells
09-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Which is why they have problems with syncing Desmond to Ezio, and have to go back to the end of ACII.

MasterSimaYi
09-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Something is only not canon when it contradicts a higher tier of canon. Bloodlines is canon - I don't see why anyone would think it isn't - and Desmond likely relived the memories between the end of AC1 and the beginning of AC2. Everything is canon, except for the modern day storyline of the French comics and some of the contradictions between the novels and games.