PDA

View Full Version : open beta thoughts.

brammadan
09-17-2012, 08:11 AM
My thoughts on the open beta so far.

Compared to the closed beta only a few things have changed. This saying that it looked pretty balanced and you could make some fine decks with the cards u could play free by winning and leveling up.

A big disadvantage for me is the removal of the 1000seals bonus once every 5 (or even 10 games). The cutback for 100 per level instead of 150 isn't much of a diffrence but the gain of 5 level bonus gave u more to look forward to. It should atleast be enlisted for a bonus once every 10 levels or so.

What i'd like to see added on is somewhat of a history where i can see exactly how many games I played and how many I won. Prefereable with what deck also.
The added boosts makes no sence since if u win u get a random in between 500-800 and with 50% more gold for 5 games u should win atleast 4 out of 5 to gain somewhat of a bonus for it. If ur lucky. Also if u use this bonus and some1 decides to leave at start giving u a draw still counts as 1 game out of 5 for the bonus. exactly the same for the XP for 75 seals. If u dont put in the extra seals once per 10 levels or so. what use is more xp??? u wont unlock anything good so why waste the seals on xp when u can rather save up till u got a 1000 or more.

Card wise hasn't changed alot. however the card Wandering Bard seems broken for me. Whenever i play this card I cant choose a creature from my library to put in my hand.
It says unique and i am under the impressing that epic cards count as unique. I tried the card in both a necro and Inferno deck. with the dark assassin and the banshee card in it. Both times it did nothing.

I notice that Inferno is the prefered deck to play with. so perhaps find out of other decks can be pursuaded to be played more. some sort of little bonusses or stuff like that.

If u want players to keep on playing alot. Also put in rewards to achieve. Allmost all games put little rewards in for players to bragg about or to achieve so that they are pursuaded to play that extra game a day. With removing or steeping down level bonusses u will get less of a insentive to play.

well im off trying out more.

please comment if u agree or disagree with my thoughts so far.

kind regards
bram

Takarth
09-17-2012, 08:38 AM
I have to agree wih you.

The lacking of the 1000 seals really removes some motivation from the game. Especially with the lacking of the trading system it is really frustrating to get 1 or 2 boosters per level and they then do not contain any usefull cards so i have to continue with the same deck on and on. The 1000 seals always brought in so many cards so a new deck could be tested and existing upgraded. It also really motivated.

regarding the bard card. You can only search for unique monsters. There exist only four at the moment. Atropos, doom bringer, blood caller and Eleonore. This cards can only be once in your deck. So with the bard you can increase the chance to get them into your hand.

brammadan
09-17-2012, 09:06 AM
ah.. tnx i thought all rare creatures could be inserted only once in your deck and were conciderred unique. Thnx. bard was somewhat diffrent then in the closed beta.

Tarragon
09-17-2012, 09:20 AM
I have to agree with everything you wrote, espacially the 1000 seals bonus on each level was great to hold motivation and, if they wont return it, they should bring other posibilities to get bonus seals.

The thing with the bard was explained by the guy over me, but so far i remember it worked the same way in closed beta.

Le.Rancord
09-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Well with a trading system or auction house or whatever it would be ok, but without any sort of market, ure stuck on using very few decks. With market it will take u still quit some time to get the deck you want, but at least u feel like reaching the goal somewhwt.

arcadio21
09-17-2012, 01:54 PM
I

regarding the bard card. You can only search for unique monsters. There exist only four at the moment. Atropos, doom bringer, blood caller and Eleonore.

wow, really? i play this game from 2 days without spending a penny, and i have all of them but Eleonore.

brammadan
09-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Just an add on to my remarks.

There should be some sort of penalty towards leaving. Perhaps a time penalty or minus gold or whatever. I guess its the "pro" way to just accept ur losses. But its kinda ruins the fun for me if most of my wins are caused by leavers.

Le.Rancord
09-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Uloose ladder rating when leaving. Only in tournament there is a good reason why u should leave, and there it is as u remark not punished hard enough.

Chompman
09-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Just an add on to my remarks.

There should be some sort of penalty towards leaving. Perhaps a time penalty or minus gold or whatever. I guess its the "pro" way to just accept ur losses. But its kinda ruins the fun for me if most of my wins are caused by leavers.

Unless they add a way to reconnect to a game if your connection drops while the AI takes over or give you time to come back that would be bad if a persons connection is unstable.

r3tsa
09-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah, 2 minutes would be cool.

Chompman
09-17-2012, 07:44 PM
The thing is there are times that it's obvious you will loose so it saves time for both to end it a turn or two early.

I am fine with that provided the player actually played the game but the instant leaves to redraw a better hand is something that is being looked at it sounds.

I personally prefer in that situation to kill myself with a event card where I had 1 life left and used one to kill myself by taking damage and drawing a card. :D

Epic.Leadin
09-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Even if I didn't play the closed beta I agree with most of what you say. Inferno isn't unstoppable but noone can argue against the fact that most player use that deck, what means that something should be changed to balance things. Similarly Stronghold is almost never seen.

I don't get the reason why Draw means that you earn nothing but rating and absolutely nothing in tournaments (ok you get rating for ELO but not for tournament)... that makes first turns almost useless if opponent decides to leave. For me Draw should be an agreement between both sides, meaning the opponent ask to draw (exposing some reason) and you accept, if not he should decide between losing and being penalized somehow (beside the lose of rating) while you get some gold and experience (you shouldn't be punished if the opponent leaves) or going on.

r3tsa
09-18-2012, 01:34 AM
Stronghold is never seen because you can't choose it from the beginning, you must buy it and it is kinda pointless unless, you got nice load of stronghold cards already.