PDA

View Full Version : Map wishes

DeBaer.534
06-28-2004, 07:20 AM
I've seen many people wanting new maps. Most likely they want more mediterran maps, or britain, or more pacific maps. ive even heard people stating that they want ameican terrains in the game (for '46 stuff). I think we have other. The only map of (inner) germany we have is Berlin. Just think about it, we dont have any western germany parts (were a large part of the later airwars took place). We have the B17 and Mustangs for some time now, and the only germany major city they can attack is Berlin. No Ruhr, no Hamburg, no Hannover.
Those are more important and realistic i personally feel, than american maps...
but i guess im a bit late with such thoughts, as olegs development plans already moved to the pacific. anyway i felt like i had to say this.
thank you for reading.

DeBaer.534
06-28-2004, 07:20 AM
I've seen many people wanting new maps. Most likely they want more mediterran maps, or britain, or more pacific maps. ive even heard people stating that they want ameican terrains in the game (for '46 stuff). I think we have other. The only map of (inner) germany we have is Berlin. Just think about it, we dont have any western germany parts (were a large part of the later airwars took place). We have the B17 and Mustangs for some time now, and the only germany major city they can attack is Berlin. No Ruhr, no Hamburg, no Hannover.
Those are more important and realistic i personally feel, than american maps...
but i guess im a bit late with such thoughts, as olegs development plans already moved to the pacific. anyway i felt like i had to say this.
thank you for reading.

darkhorizon11
06-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Yeah I agree I figured I should respond since I was the one who brought up the idea of American maps. Just an idea, I'm not trying to be sadistic I would still fly my YP-80 and P63 in that scenario. We can't have everything. I mean there were also some pretty huge USAAC and VVS raids of Budapest Hungary that involved well over 500 planes and obviously thats not here.

LeadSpitter_
06-28-2004, 11:53 AM
aluetians
malta and more italian planes
france and some french flyable aircraft
britian cost of dover and a mk1a spit
Defense of Australia Maps since theres so many aussies who play this game with some australian aircraft.

Also some historical looking airfields rather then the same looking textures and bunkers for all runways

Oh yeah and put all the FB/AEP maps and aircraft in the PF engine. So the hundreds of us will buy PF then.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/leadspitter/LSIG1.gif

Monson74
06-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Lol, Leadspitter, so lol this PF stuff. France & the Channel will be in BoB, but Malta or an assault on Anzio would be cool. How about China or Burma then?

S!

Monson

"So when Diogenes perceived that he was greatly excited and quite keyed up in mind with expectancy, he toyed with him and pulled him about in the hope that somehow he might be moved from his pride and thirst for glory and be able to sober up a little. For he noticed that at one time he was delighted, and at another grieved at the same thing, and that his soul was as unsettled as the weather at the solstices when both rain and sunshine come from the very same source."

(Dio Chrysostom "Discourse" 4.77-78)