PDA

View Full Version : I am an animal lover ...

killzab
09-12-2012, 08:35 PM
And them adding hunting in the game makes me really upset and I will not enjoy this mechanic. I hope they don't force you to hunt in the game.

Killing a dear is not my cup of tea

lothario-da-be
09-12-2012, 08:37 PM
So you are vegetarian?

TheHumanTowel
09-12-2012, 08:40 PM
But killing human beings is?

Vex_Assassin
09-12-2012, 08:41 PM
But killing human beings is?

This.

freddie_1897
well, i assume there may be some missions which force you to hunt. when connor is younger most likely. however you may find solace in that he is native american. and they were always hand in hand with nature kind of guys.

LightRey
deer*

MangoCookies
09-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Killing humans is A-OK. Animals however have a bunch of animal abuse and stuff circling around.
But seriously, human killing is okay in games because that's in hundreds of other games. We don't see much animal killing in games compared to humans or any other humanoid species.

LoyalACFan
09-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm a people lover, and none of the previous games have bothered me :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I don't get people who object to killing animals in games. You can mow through hundreds of thousands of human-shaped pixel clusters in your gaming career, but shooting one rabbit-shaped pixel cluster is pushing it too far? Come on.

killzab
09-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Killing humans is different to me ... they have a conscience and they know why you kill them, plus you're supposed to kill the bad guys ...

Azula2005
09-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Screw animal lovers, we hunt to survive...It wasn't a game back in winter.

eagleforlife1
09-12-2012, 08:50 PM
I am an animal lover and a vegetarian and would never harm one in real life but this is a game. Red Dead Redemption is my favourite game of all time and I loved the hunting aspect of it. Native Americans had to hunt to survive just like wolves do and lions do, etc.

itsamea-mario
09-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Hunting was a big part of native american culture, you are being VERY disrespectful, i am highly offended at your attitude, that you would make such crude and ignorant remarks disturbs me, you should think more thoroughly about your attitude.
Just because you disagree with something means it's wrong, how dare you sir, how very dare you!.

stingray10
09-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Come on, pull yourself together. It is a game, just pixels. Ubisoft is not going to make it so you torture bambi and then make it watch its mother die as you stab it repeatedly until blood spurts out like a water cannon.

MangoCookies
09-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Woah there, calm down Mario.

CalgaryJay
09-12-2012, 08:57 PM
we hunt to survive...It wasn't a game back in winter.

This. Don't think of it as an activity, like it is now. Think of it in terms of the time period, it was literally a matter of survival. You either kill that deer or you can watch yourself and your family starve to death. We're very lucky to live in the time and place we do.

TheHumanTowel
09-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Killing humans is different to me ... they have a conscience and they know why you kill them, plus you're supposed to kill the bad guys ...
So you're okay with killing pixelated representations of your fellow human beings but a pixelated deer is too far? This is one of the few situations where "It's just a game" is fitting.

SteelCity999
09-12-2012, 09:03 PM

As opposed to another animal killing said animal in question? I don't think a bear killing a fox will announce he is hungry before he kills. If its okay for the bear, its okay with me. Just don't waste the kill.

So giving a reason to kill another human makes it okay? Plenty of humans have killed plenty others without reason or with faulty reasoning. Still not okay.

Bad logic.....

itsamea-mario
09-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Woah there, calm down Mario.

I'm just trying to come at this from another angle, i don't mean it.

Though it is correct, it was a necessary part of life back then.

rileypoole1234
09-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Hahah slaughtering multitudes of your own species is fine, Just don't harm the animals!

That's in reality how everybody got food back then, and I bet there'll be at least one mission to introduce us to hunting in which we must kill an animal.

If there was a bear chasing you would you not kill it? If a wolf was biting your limbs off would you let it live? I'm sure we'll be presented with these scenarios.

Free_Hidings
09-12-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm very strongly against animal cruelty / suffering AND human cruelty / suffering (except when deserved, IE a torturer should be tortured at least as much as they have given)

But I have 0 objections with video game killing. When I first played ACB, my brother started slashing a horse with a sword, and I felt horrible lol. It was my first experience with current gen / HD gaming, so it was a bit shocking, but I got over it. Anyway to make a realistic game, this needs to be in, and making all animals invincible would be stupid.

Remember it's only pixels, and from what I've seen, the animals you hunt die mercifully fast anyway :)

killzab
09-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Self defense is alright.. but killing deers ... if I take it from a role play perspective i guess it's ok but I won't like that's all, it's MY OPINION

freddie_1897
09-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Self defense is alright.. but killing deers ... if I take it from a role play perspective i guess it's ok but I won't like that's all, it's MY OPINION
and you are entitled to an opinion. but when you play it, try not to think of it as a game or an activity, try to think of it as kill to survive. the native americans were always at one with nature and so there are no greater animal lovers than them. you can be sure that they would make sure not to inflict pain on them

kriegerdesgottes
09-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Screw animal lovers, we hunt to survive...It wasn't a game back in winter.

This. They didn't have time to observe hippy feelings for fuzzy creatures while they were starving in the wilderness with their families. Animals exist to A: be eaten and B: to balance out nature.

Ork3n
09-12-2012, 09:36 PM
I am an animal lover and a vegetarian and would never harm one in real life but this is a game. Red Dead Redemption is my favourite game of all time and I loved the hunting aspect of it. Native Americans had to hunt to survive just like wolves do and lions do, etc.

Did you know vegetables are living beings before they are taken from earth?....

SteelCity999
09-12-2012, 09:37 PM
This. They didn't have time to observe hippy feelings for fuzzy creatures while they were starving in the wilderness with their families. Animals exist to A: be eaten and B: to balance out nature.

It's the "Circle of Life" of Simba.....

freddie_1897
09-12-2012, 09:39 PM
look, i disagree with the OP. but i think that if you want to be a vegetarian then that is fine. i know you're joking. but lets make sure not take this too far as to offend people who have made different choices

YuurHeen
09-12-2012, 09:39 PM
humans are animals. animals kill animals. if you want to hug a animal try hugging a lion and leave us alone.

tarrero
09-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Well it is XVIII century....You HAD to eat and pelt animals in order to survive on such harsh winters like those.

ACfan443
09-12-2012, 09:44 PM
And I received stick for thinking it was unfortunate that you couldn't kill children in games. With regards to animals, people here are saying "oh they're just pixels, they're not real" etc etc. When I said that about children, people went all 'moral speech' on my a**

Anyway, I respect that you're an animal lover, I'm not going to question your beliefs, but*the animals aren't real. Also, after a few introductory missions, hunting should be optional, so you won't have to kill them :)

eagleforlife1
09-12-2012, 09:44 PM

Incorrect. Animals exist to procreate as do humans; we just happen to have evolved faster than they have and take advantage of that fact. They have just as much of a right to live on this planet as we do.

eagleforlife1
09-12-2012, 09:46 PM

Yes, but they don't have eyes, a heart, a brain or feel pain, love, etc.

stingray10
09-12-2012, 09:47 PM
And I received stick for thinking it was unfortunate that you couldn't kill children in games. With regards to animals, people here are saying "oh they're just pixels, they're not real" etc etc. When I said that about children, people went all 'moral speech' on my a**

Anyway, I respect that you're an animal lover, I'm not going to question your beliefs, but*the animals aren't real. Also, after a few introductory missions, hunting should be optional, so you won't have to kill them :)

Yes but killing children has no value. Animals have meat that can be used, unless you're a cannibal, why kill them?

freddie_1897
09-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Speaking for me and I'm sure a few more.....the OP's opinion is perfectly fine and everyone has made different choices based on their moral compass.

However, you can't go around stating that you don't want to kill animals and then say......

It makes you sound that you value animals over yourself and every other living thing on the planet. Be consistent with your opinions and values.
yeah, thats stupid. but your comment sounded like you were disapproving of vegetarians which i don't think is something that should be posted.

pacmanate
09-12-2012, 09:54 PM
So whats the difference between slaughtering humans in the game to animals?

Do you think killing humans is okay but not animals?

ACfan443
09-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Yes but killing children has no value. Animals have meat that can be used, unless you're a cannibal, why kill them?

Yes, and killing innocent civilians has no value either, but people do it anyway cause it's 'fun to wreak havoc'. I just think not being able to kill children is unrealistic, and it's so stupid the way can stand there and not take a hit, but I won't go into a massive debate about that here, it's already been discussed.

freddie_1897
09-12-2012, 09:57 PM
So whats the difference between slaughtering humans in the game to animals?

Do you think killing humans is okay but not animals?
yes. i am a pigeon

itsamea-mario
09-12-2012, 10:02 PM

They actually do feel pain.

Also just because they're not like us, their life isn't worth as much as animals?

kriegerdesgottes
09-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Incorrect. Animals exist to procreate as do humans; we just happen to have evolved faster than they have and take advantage of that fact. They have just as much of a right to live on this planet as we do.

This is totally wrong and absolute B.S. but I know we will never agree on this one so I will leave it alone from here to avoid an argument. :)

pacmanate
09-12-2012, 10:13 PM
I am ending the thread with this.

OP doesn't mind killing humans.
OP does mind killing animals even though it is essential for survival.

SteelCity999
09-12-2012, 10:14 PM
yeah, thats stupid. but your comment sounded like you were disapproving of vegetarians which i don't think is something that should be posted.

"The plants are living things at one time" wasn't me but no worries. I deleted my post when I realized what comment you were referring (quoting) to but what I said is still sort of valid. I happen to know plenty of vegetarians and animal lovers and they are good people so I would never take stabs at that - just the inconsistencies.

killzab
09-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Funny how people here don't respect other people's opinions...

itsamea-mario
09-12-2012, 10:21 PM
This is totally wrong and absolute B.S. but I know we will never agree on this one so I will leave it alone from here to avoid an argument. :)

You're both right!
Animals (which includes humans) exist to increase or prolong the existence of themselves and species. Or to prolong their own existence long enough to continue their species. In order to do this they need to eat, and in the case of carnivores and omnivores like ourselves, eating animals, in order to eat animals we either hunt or scavenge, as a species that evolved to hunt, we hunt, kill and eat animals, allowing us to live so that we can reproduce and hopefully increase the population of our species.
Perhaps we don't need to go and kill animals nowadays, but back in the frontier being a vegetarian just wouldn't have been effective, they had to kill animals to survive.

Nature is a very harsh place, animals kill each other all the time, survival is a battle for just about every species of animal and even plant. This view of "killing animals is wrong" only really came around because we no longer need to hunt, even if we eat meat, we ourselves have very little part in the killing or processing of that food, so people don't have that sense of necessarity to counteract their conscience.
Most natives had respect for animals, they also understood that they needed to eat them to survive.

Umbra_Blade
09-12-2012, 10:24 PM
I respect your opinion but as others have said, the native americans had a deep respect and understanding of the way nature works. They hunted, but didn't do it for recreation as is mostly done nowadays. They did it to survive, they gave thanks to the animal for their carcass, they used practically 100% of the carcass, the meat for food, the fur for clothing, and the bone for tools, ornaments, and weapons.

Also if you were to go to the extreme of not hunting ANY animal you are actually effecting the balance of nature; as choosing not to hunt an animal (such as deer) that you usually would hunt, will produce numbers that the ecosystem simply can't handle, messing around with the food chain, and by allowing one species to overpopulate, you can cause dozens of others to die out due to either them being hunted to death by that animal, or from lack of food as [the deer] have taken a larger share of the vegetation.

That is the balance of life, not practicing hunting in areas that have seen hunting for eons, can be just as deadly to the ecosystem as excessive hunting. Hunting is a way of life, we have done it since before we were able to read and write, it was one of the first skills we ever developed.

TheHumanTowel
09-12-2012, 10:28 PM
How did you expect people to respond to this thread? If everyone just agreed with you or respected your opinion there would be no discussion. Also your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

killzab
09-12-2012, 10:29 PM
But i'm not saying hunting is wrong, i just said I , me, myself DO NOT ENJOY it ... and I'm kinda upset about the fact that they implemented it in this saga ... I've never played and never will play Monster Hunter for example

ShaneO7K
09-12-2012, 10:30 PM
How did you expect people to respond to this thread? If everyone just agreed with you or respected your opinion there would be no discussion. Also your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Pixalated animals have feelings too you know..

killzab
09-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Ok you are reported ... I can accept opposite arguments but saying my opinion is "bad" ? nope

LightRey
09-12-2012, 10:31 PM
People respect the OP's opinion, they are simply questioning the reasoning behind it.

Ok you are reported ... I can accept opposite arguments but saying my opinion is "bad" ? nope
just fyi, telling people you're reporting them is against the rules.

dxsxhxcx
09-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Killing humans is A-OK. Animals however have a bunch of animal abuse and stuff circling around.
But seriously, human killing is okay in games because that's in hundreds of other games. We don't see much animal killing in games compared to humans or any other humanoid species.

so if the developers start making tons of games where we kill animals left and right, all this killing will be A-OK when we have enough games to make this practice common in video games?!

TheHumanTowel
09-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Why don't you stop crying and present a reasonable argument about why you feel this way.

ACfan443
09-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Stop with the victimisation, he had an opinion and we should've respected it and discussed with respect. And 'TheHumanTowel' there's no need to be unnecessarily rude, especially as a senior member.

Gespenst1246
09-12-2012, 11:18 PM
not wanting to hurt animals is cool and all but your probably just gonna have to deal with it if you want to play the game .

MetalCreed
09-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Hey man, I don't like killing animals, whether wild or domestic, but if you eat meat you gotta say there are some animals meant to be eaten of course unless you're a vegetarian, but honestly this is just a game, and civilization has killed cows, chicken etc. I'm sure they won't make you hunt bears, cougars, wolves, you'll just be given the situation to kill predators that attack you while free-roaming or doing a guild mission, at least this is what I think. Maybe a few side-missions will make you hunt animals like deers. This is all speculation, because I don't know for sure. Remember that hunting also is connected to earning money so you'll have to do it to earn money.

Although I love all these fabulous animals such as Wolves, Bears, Cougars and Foxes, it's just a game, and it's also something to bring authenticity to the game. People did have to hunt back in those days and kill off wild creatures.

naran6142
09-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Well I think youll just have to get through a mission or 2 where connor learns to hunt, just a introducing the mechanic type mission. thats the great thing about open world games is that theres lots to do :)

Personally tho I think hunting is a cool addon to the series, tho I would never hunt in real life

kudos17
09-13-2012, 12:38 AM
I understand many complaints, but I'm sorry, I will never understand this one.

First off, it's a game. Unless we're doing something extremely bad in the game world, that should cover the basics.

Secondly, justifying killing humans but not animals is an incredibly backwards line of thought, in my opinion.

And finally, you need to realize that this is what people DID. And still even DO. They hunt to trade, to survive, in defense. Hunting for sport is one thing, but I've never seen Connor do that. Natives developed a bond to their land, and they hunted animals as required, not for fun. I really don't see what the problem is. If you love animals so much that the mere thought of them being hurt makes you uncomfortable... y'know... what can I really say? Everything dies. I feel that if you are respectful to the animal and put it to good use, than you can justify its death.

Locopells
09-13-2012, 12:48 AM
For my tuppence worth, I'm vegetarian, and anti-abuse. I also avoid hurting guard dogs in games if I can, since it isn't always necessary (I always like a non-lethal approach in games if I can, it takes more skill, especially if you can avoid touching guards altogether). However, in a game where they aren't real, where you are playing a Native American who has to survive off them during the hard winters of the time, I don't have a problem. It itches a little, but they didn't have the choices that we do today, plus they showed a greater respect for their prey when they caught them.

As for fighting animals hunting Connor - well that's kill or be killed, pure and simple (unless escape is an option). You're not gonna let that stop you finishing the game, are you?

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 12:48 AM
look, i disagree with the OP. but i think that if you want to be a vegetarian then that is fine. i know you're joking. but lets make sure not take this too far as to offend people who have made different choices

It's not the choise about being vegetarian that i'm questioning, it's the reason behind it. I have a friend vegetarian and i'm ok with him, i just don't understand the reason behind being vegetarian other then they don't really like the taste of "flesh".... but even then, there are many kinds of tastes even within the animals so it would be a wrong reason imho.

They actually do feel pain.

Also just because they're not like us, their life isn't worth as much as animals?

Exactly, thanks for answering mario. Eagleforlife1, don't take me wrong, i respect your way of living ;)

rileypoole1234
09-13-2012, 01:08 AM
At the end of the day it's just bloody pixels. The animals aren't real. They're AI.

A= artificial.

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 01:53 AM
At the end of the day it's just bloody pixels. The animals aren't real. They're AI.

A= artificial.

I think that the pixel and AI is just the wrong way to explain it.

You should better explain with the game and real-life stuff. I mean, people with mental problems can't know if what they do in a game is accepted by society or not so when they play games like GTA they start to think they can just go outsite and beat up the first civilian that comes up to him.

However, common people can diference a game from real-life and know that not everything done in games should be done in real-life. You shouldn't think of virtual animals as you think of real-life ones. You can do it for humans, why can't you do it for the rest of the animals?

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Uhh You`re killing Computer Imagery, dude..
They wont haunt in you in your Dreams or anything... Dont be so hard on yourself, because they will probably force you to Hunt, skin and sell as Tutorial..

Just deal with it..

Calvarok
09-13-2012, 03:53 AM
There will probably be a few instances of killing animals that are forced, probably like the ones with the wolves and the deer, but after the concept is introduced, you won't need to do any more. (except for when the bear attacks you, but even as an animal lover if a bear attacked you you would kill it if you could.)

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 03:56 AM
but even as an animal lover if a bear attacked you you would kill it if you could.)
Funny thought just struck me there xD

But I`ll keep it to myself so that no one jumps me and calls me a jerk..

E-Zekiel
09-13-2012, 05:45 AM
I don't like killing animals, but I don't like killing people either. I am weird. I generally only kill when necessary, defending myself, etc, in games. (including Red Dead - I went out of my way to disarm and shoot people in the leg, vs killing them. But sometimes, yes. And sometimes I would shoot at an animal non-lethally [or not even hit them] to get them to go away without dying).

but I play weird. I'm the same way in Assassin's Creed. In AC2, ACB and ACR I always went for knockouts on humans, except for those that clearly deserved it, and those that had no regard for life (and, for example, shot me in the chest with an arrow). Yes, I'm aware they're NPCs. Shut up.

eagleforlife1
09-13-2012, 06:39 AM

I could say exactly the same about your opinion.

eagleforlife1
09-13-2012, 06:41 AM
You're both right!
Animals (which includes humans) exist to increase or prolong the existence of themselves and species. Or to prolong their own existence long enough to continue their species. In order to do this they need to eat, and in the case of carnivores and omnivores like ourselves, eating animals, in order to eat animals we either hunt or scavenge, as a species that evolved to hunt, we hunt, kill and eat animals, allowing us to live so that we can reproduce and hopefully increase the population of our species.
Perhaps we don't need to go and kill animals nowadays, but back in the frontier being a vegetarian just wouldn't have been effective, they had to kill animals to survive.

Nature is a very harsh place, animals kill each other all the time, survival is a battle for just about every species of animal and even plant. This view of "killing animals is wrong" only really came around because we no longer need to hunt, even if we eat meat, we ourselves have very little part in the killing or processing of that food, so people don't have that sense of necessarity to counteract their conscience.
Most natives had respect for animals, they also understood that they needed to eat them to survive.

Completely agree with this.

Aphex_Tim
09-13-2012, 07:48 AM
where did you find this?

No idea, someone posted it on Facebook.

HorTyS
09-13-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't like killing animals, but I don't like killing people either. I am weird. I generally only kill when necessary, defending myself, etc, in games. (including Red Dead - I went out of my way to disarm and shoot people in the leg, vs killing them. But sometimes, yes. And sometimes I would shoot at an animal non-lethally [or not even hit them] to get them to go away without dying).

but I play weird. I'm the same way in Assassin's Creed. In AC2, ACB and ACR I always went for knockouts on humans, except for those that clearly deserved it, and those that had no regard for life (and, for example, shot me in the chest with an arrow). Yes, I'm aware they're NPCs. Shut up.

In many cases that could be even worse for the animal than just killing it. A wounded animal in the wild? Yeah, thats pretty much animal torture, which is way worse than just ending it's life quickly...

I grew up in Montana, and lived in Alaska for 4 years between ages 5-9. Alaska (at least at the time, dunno now) didn't even have age restrictions on hunting, I shot a deer when I was 8 years old. I hunted for many years IRL, so hunting in a videogame won't mean a thing to me... I'm looking forward to it!!

pacmanate
09-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Well tbh if you don't like hunting animals in a GAME then a lot of things in the GAME are not going to be available.

Alternatively, this is a GAME so if you don't want to hunt PIXELS then you can switch the GAME off so you don't hurt the poor PIXELED animals.

coxiewoo123
09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
I think the main issue here is not that people don't wan to kill animals per se, but that they don't want to kill something innocent and unaggressive. If something or someone is trying to maul your face off, obviously any inhibitions about causing pain (or even death) to it will be lost, but when an animal is just standing there, unaware that you are about to end it's life, regardless of whether this is in a video game or not, some people will feel guilty, as they are unused to causing death to innocent creatures. I think what this demonstrates is just how amazing and realistic video games have become (or at least, AC3) - I mean I doubt anyone would have any real objections to killing ducks in that well-known duck shooting game, because they look so unrealistic, but here we have a large debate going on about killing animals in AC3, because, at the end of the day, most humans, unless they have become desensitized to it, have a natural aversion to killing. However, at the end of the day, it is just a game on a tv screen and no real animals (I would hope) have been harmed.

TL;DR - The game seems so realistic, and the experience of killing in it is so realistic, that it is no wonder that people may be feeling worry and pre-emptive guilt about killing innocent creatures.

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Well tbh if you don't like hunting animals in a GAME then a lot of things in the GAME are not going to be available.

Alternatively, this is a GAME so if you don't want to hunt PIXELS then you can switch the GAME off so you don't hurt the poor PIXELED animals.

stop taking that stupid aproach. Ezio and Altair are pixels and we love them. ****, this forum is full of crazy ppl that love pixeled humans? -.-

Your aproach is stupid and just wrong, stop being like that.

NOLA_Assassin
09-13-2012, 11:24 AM
I respect your opinion but I disagree. This is just like saying "I like killing cops and thugs in GTA but I hate shooting civilians" and while you may feel this, the game is not (nor should it) change. Hunting is a critical part of Native American culture and way of life.

pacmanate
09-13-2012, 12:06 PM
stop taking that stupid aproach. Ezio and Altair are pixels and we love them. ****, this forum is full of crazy ppl that love pixeled humans? -.-

Your aproach is stupid and just wrong, stop being like that.

You are missing the point completely. If OP is fine with killing pixel humans, why does he feel bad killing pixel animals?

In AC games you can pick on any guard you want, they aren't all bad people, they are just part of an army doing their job yet you can kill them even if they dont pick on you. Killing animals in the game actually has a cause for many things but I won't spoil anything.

killzab
09-13-2012, 12:25 PM
I think the main issue here is not that people don't wan to kill animals per se, but that they don't want to kill something innocent and unaggressive. If something or someone is trying to maul your face off, obviously any inhibitions about causing pain (or even death) to it will be lost, but when an animal is just standing there, unaware that you are about to end it's life, regardless of whether this is in a video game or not, some people will feel guilty, as they are unused to causing death to innocent creatures. I think what this demonstrates is just how amazing and realistic video games have become (or at least, AC3) - I mean I doubt anyone would have any real objections to killing ducks in that well-known duck shooting game, because they look so unrealistic, but here we have a large debate going on about killing animals in AC3, because, at the end of the day, most humans, unless they have become desensitized to it, have a natural aversion to killing. However, at the end of the day, it is just a game on a tv screen and no real animals (I would hope) have been harmed.

TL;DR - The game seems so realistic, and the experience of killing in it is so realistic, that it is no wonder that people may be feeling worry and pre-emptive guilt about killing innocent creatures.

Thanks for providing a sensible answer ... also some food for thought, when i play games that allow choice, like KOTOR for example, I always go the good guy's way because I can't bring myself to be cruel, even in a video game...

I don't mind killing humans because they're supposed to be villains/ know why they get killed and they are offensive. I kill guards because they attack me ! And my satisfaction comes from that, I enjoy punishing bad guys. I don't like killing civilians...

POP1Fan
09-13-2012, 12:27 PM
That's disgusting !

pacmanate
09-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks for providing a sensible answer ... also some food for thought, when i play games that allow choice, like KOTOR for example, I always go the good guy's way because I can't bring myself to be cruel, even in a video game...

I don't mind killing humans because they're supposed to be villains/ know why they get killed and they are offensive. I kill guards because they attack me ! And my satisfaction comes from that, I enjoy punishing bad guys. I don't like killing civilians...

Humans aren't supposed to be the villains. The templars are. So I suggest you go through the whole game killing just the templars if that is the case. The blue and redcoats are not villians but merely a part of each side of the war. They are not villians so don't need to die. If they attack you then you have every right to attack back but attacking them first in your case is a no.

GeneralTrumbo
09-13-2012, 01:51 PM

A= artificial.
So we should kill children then, too, right? They're only pixels, after all.

HisSpiritLives
09-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Yeah it really seems strange that killing animals is upseting but killing people is OK,but true POINT would be if you dont like some of mechanic and they make you feel bad and upset then do not play game.

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 02:05 PM

Loool so you are a kind of jigsaw? xDDD Man, you should not view games that way. The fun part of games and movies is that everything can be posible there. I would never kill a person (even if it's a bad person) in real life but i love to kill in games....

HisSpiritLives
09-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Loool so you are a kind of jigsaw? xDDD Man, you should not view games that way. The fun part of games and movies is that everything can be posible there. I would never kill a person (even if it's a bad person) in real life but i love to kill in games....

Well that is reason we call them games.

POP1Fan
09-13-2012, 02:55 PM
So we should kill children then, too, right? They're only pixels, after all.

Yes. Joking aside, not being able to kill chilldren is stupid. You can kill hordes of guards, a couple of civillians before desynch, animals, but when it comes to bugger eaters "oo hell no!"

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Yes. Joking aside, not being able to kill chilldren is stupid. You can kill hordes of guards, a couple of civillians before desynch, animals, but when it comes to bugger eaters "oo hell no!"

Agree... however,, most of the society is not ready for that step. If there are some websites saying that Assassin's Creed was designed by Satanas and that Altair is gay imagine how would they react to being able to kill children?

Serrachio
09-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Agree... however,, most of the society is not ready for that step. If there are some websites saying that Assassin's Creed was designed by Satanas and that Altair is gay imagine how would they react to being able to kill children?

Who cares how they'd react? You already know they're coming out with outrageous claims for attention.

ChaosxNetwork
09-13-2012, 03:14 PM
This thread reminds me a lot of that thread that a Catholic mother made as she thought the games were aggressive to her religion.
It is a game they are pixels on a screen. Humans are Carnivores and Herbivores. Do you hate lions when they kill antelope? Nope because it is the Circle of Life :D

but i would think they will have a "introduction to this game mechanic" mission then after that not be forced upon you.

I bet you have not played Red Dead Redemption? :D

Locopells
09-13-2012, 03:41 PM
http://www.guide-to-disney.com/epcot/future-world/the-land/photos/circle-of-life-big.jpg

NewBlade200
09-13-2012, 04:04 PM
This is a huge step forwards in animal rights. Animals are now considered important enough to kill

hadarm18
09-13-2012, 04:09 PM
This thread just amazes me....

So OP is fine with playing as an assassin and take lives of ppl but soon the animal is gonna get killed he is shocked
What a wasteful thread

Its only a game nothing in there is real ffs

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 05:29 PM
This thread just amazes me....

So OP is fine with playing as an assassin and take lives of ppl but soon the animal is gonna get killed he is shocked
What a wasteful thread

Its only a game nothing in there is real ffs
And they call me a Jerk...

RzaRecta357
09-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Ahh. Marios first post in this board made me crack up. I need to visit the boards more often.