PDA

View Full Version : "Special" Markings and Coat Patterns?

FaerieLantern
09-10-2012, 03:47 AM
Hi guys, I hope it's all right if I ask another question. :) I've noticed some of my friends' horses have markings & coat patterns that don't seem to be available through the normal breed mastery. The ones I have seen so far are the "birdcatcher" coat pattern and the "star shape" head marking (which I think is different from the regular "star," as this one's an actual five-pointed star shape...)

Does anyone know more about these "rare" markings? What kinds exist and should I be looking for among my friends' herds? And in addition to the markings, are there any colors that aren't available through breed mastery level-ups?

I noticed that one of Michelle's horses, on her ranch, seems to have a coat pattern resembling the leopard pattern, but it's reversed! (I guess realistically this would be a roan - and it is SO beautiful!) It's her horse named Forsythia. Do any players have horses like this, that would be available for breeding?

I hope someone can answer me - I really like this game and would love to talk about it with other players, but this forum seems pretty dead. *pokes tentatively with stick*

FaerieLantern
09-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Oh, I think I just discovered a "special" color among my friends' horses! Rose grey, is that one?

How did these traits start circulating, does anyone know? Were they splicers which could be purchased/awarded at one point, or did the game developers have them in their herds and it spread from there?

sheenaschlytter
11-27-2012, 07:45 AM
yyou can buy them under shop and breed splices. some can also be won through an increase in breed mastery. a few can only be bought with saddle dollars. There is also a few horses that come bred and come out special and I believe it is totally random and you cant copy or continue it through breeding like split mane and tail