PDA

View Full Version : Native American and French Templars?

NOLA_Assassin
09-08-2012, 08:39 AM
With all the bickering going on about which side of the conflict Templars will be on, I believe two factions have been overlooked: The Native Americans and the French. We know France entered the war in 1778 and were crucial to the American victory and that most (but no all) Native American tribes, including Connor's, fought for the British.

Thoughts?

HisSpiritLives
09-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah French will have big part but i think that Native Americans will be neutral,and i dont know if there is any other tribe other than mohawk in game

LoyalACFan
09-08-2012, 09:13 AM
There will probably be a French Templar or two, but I doubt there will be Native American Templars. They were isolated on their own continent, thousands of miles from the founders of the Templar Order, for centuries. Connor's only an Assassin because he's not fully confined to his tribe. Don't think the Assassin v. Templar thing will be going on much with the natives. Now, there might be a native target or two, but not officially "Templar" targets.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 09:16 AM
There will probably be a French Templar or two, but I doubt there will be Native American Templars. They were isolated on their own continent, thousands of miles from the founders of the Templar Order, for centuries. Connor's only an Assassin because he's not fully confined to his tribe. Don't think the Assassin v. Templar thing will be going on much with the natives. Now, there might be a native target or two, but not officially "Templar" targets.
Why would we get to kill a Native target if he`s not a Templar ?

HisSpiritLives
09-08-2012, 09:18 AM

What do you think, could Natives be Templars?

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 09:25 AM
What do you think, could Natives be Templars?
Of course they can !

I mean, why not ? Every other group in every game had a Templar.. Egyptians, Italians, Muslims, Christians, Arabs, Americans, British..

Why not ??

HisSpiritLives
09-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Of course they can !

I mean, why not ? Every other group in every game had a Templar.. Egyptians, Italians, Muslims, Christians, Arabs, Americans, British..

Why not ??

Ok i just asked

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Ok i just asked
And I just answered :p

xXHyperMidgetXx
09-08-2012, 09:36 AM
I think there may be a few native American templars as there is a Animus Avatar, Black Bird, who I assume is native American and the Animi Avatars are usually templars.

Serrachio
09-08-2012, 09:38 AM
If there are Native American Templars, I would expect them to be few and far between, and perhaps not as widely recognized.

I can estimate that there's 3 Native American Templar agents, who would later become Animi Avatars in AC3's MP, but given that they're not particularly main story antagonists (some exceptions being Vali cel Tradat and Shahkulu), it might not guarantee them physically appearing. After all, some of the Animi Avatars have short background pieces, but don't show up for the respective games' Assassin to kill.

NOLA_Assassin
09-08-2012, 09:42 AM
I posted this before but I'll post again: Johannes Tekarihoga, chief of the Mohawks, died in 1780. Plot twist?

De Filosoof
09-08-2012, 07:36 PM

Well there's a native-American multiplayer character, so there's at least 1 native templar.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I posted this before but I'll post again: Johannes Tekarihoga, chief of the Mohawks, died in 1780. Plot twist?
Interesting... nice find

POP1Fan
09-08-2012, 08:32 PM
THIS is something I never thought about.

LoyalACFan
09-08-2012, 09:10 PM

Hmm... I wonder. It would fit, but it would be a very ballsy move for Ubisoft since they were working directly with the Mohawk people to make the game accurate to their culture. I don't know how this Tekarihoga fellow is evaluated by modern Mohawks, but if he's considered a hero of the tribe, I could definitely see how making him a bad guy would step on some toes.

LoyalACFan
09-08-2012, 09:11 PM

It's not like we haven't done it before. Abbas wasn't a Templar. Savonarola wasn't a Templar.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 09:15 PM
It's not like we haven't done it before. Abbas wasn't a Templar. Savonarola wasn't a Templar.
You have a point there...

Then that just makes the Native either mad or just insecure..

LoyalACFan
09-08-2012, 09:22 PM
You have a point there...

Then that just makes the Native either mad or just insecure..

Not necessarily. He could be someone with truly good intentions, but whose beliefs aren't in line with those of Connor. The Native Americans of the 18th century weren't 100% in agreement on what should be done about the colonists. Some (like Connor) wanted to work with them and forge a place for both cultures, and others (understandably) wanted to wipe them all out. Connor could be going after somebody who wants to fight off all the Europeans.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Not necessarily. He could be someone with truly good intentions, but whose beliefs aren't in line with those of Connor. The Native Americans of the 18th century weren't 100% in agreement on what should be done about the colonists. Some (like Connor) wanted to work with them and forge a place for both cultures, and others (understandably) wanted to wipe them all out. Connor could be going after somebody who wants to fight off all the Europeans.
That does not seem like a good reason to kill him, really..

It just seems like he`s oppressing his own people that his opinion is the best one and any who follows otherwise.. dies (Ha Ha that rhymes)

LoyalACFan
09-08-2012, 09:41 PM
That does not seem like a good reason to kill him, really..

It just seems like he`s oppressing his own people that his opinion is the best one and any who follows otherwise.. dies (Ha Ha that rhymes)

Well, having spent more time around them and having seen their numbers and technology, Connor knows the Europeans would inevitably win against the natives. He wants to keep relations good between the natives and colonists, because if they went to war, the Mohawks would be exterminated. I'm sort of filling in the blanks here, since we don't fully know what motivates Connor, but I think he's killing the Templars who are controlling the Revolution so the war can come to an end, and he can work with whichever side is victorious to ensure that the natives will have a place in the new world. History tells us that that didn't happen, so Connor's story may end up being kind of a downer. But in any case, if he saw another native (or group of natives) trying to kill off all the colonists, he would stop them to keep relations good.

stargate55555
09-08-2012, 09:43 PM
I cannot wait to see all the Templars.

HisSpiritLives
09-08-2012, 11:30 PM

They never said that all people from Connors tribe were killed

LoyalACFan
09-09-2012, 04:10 AM
They never said that all people from Connors tribe were killed

I think he's talking about a twist where Connor kills him, not finding out he survived the village fire.

NOLA_Assassin
09-09-2012, 04:35 AM
I'm sort of filling in the blanks here, since we don't fully know what motivates Connor,

Yeah we do, It's that band, Justice.

On topic: there's very little information on Johannes Tekarihoga. I found that information on Wikipedia, so they might weave the story through the gaps like they did in AC II.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohawk_people look under "American Revolutionary War"

HisSpiritLives
09-09-2012, 03:01 PM
I think he's talking about a twist where Connor kills him, not finding out he survived the village fire.

That sounds interesting ;)

LightRey
09-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Since we're bringing up other factions, what about the Spanish and the Dutch?

HisSpiritLives
09-09-2012, 03:07 PM

Well i dont know what influence they had,and what was their role?

NOLA_Assassin
09-09-2012, 03:07 PM

They weren't as involved as the French, they kept their forces in Europe. Only France sent troops to America.

LightRey
09-09-2012, 03:21 PM
They weren't as involved as the French, they kept their forces in Europe. Only France sent troops to America.
That's not true. The Spanish had their own colonial conflicts at the time and they sent troops to deal with them. As for the Dutch, they were militaristically not very active in the colonies, but they played a key role in supporting the Colonists by supplying them with weapons and the like.

NOLA_Assassin
09-09-2012, 04:17 PM
That's not true. The Spanish had their own colonial conflicts at the time and they sent troops to deal with them. As for the Dutch, they were militaristically not very active in the colonies, but they played a key role in supporting the Colonists by supplying them with weapons and the like.

During the American Revolution, not the Spanish nor the Dutch had troops in the Thirteen Colonies like the French did. Yes, they sent material aid but they fought the British in Europe.

HisSpiritLives
09-09-2012, 05:57 PM
During the American Revolution, not the Spanish nor the Dutch had troops in the Thirteen Colonies like the French did. Yes, they sent material aid but they fought the British in Europe.

So we cant count on them.

LightRey
09-09-2012, 08:14 PM
The game spans much more than just the revolution.

Calvarok
09-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Well there are lots of natives fighting for the British, so I would not be surprised to see a native templar lackey.

NOLA_Assassin
09-10-2012, 04:14 AM
The game spans much more than just the revolution.

True but remember the Colonies were forbidden to trade with anyone but Great Britain, but I do believe the Dutch did smuggling operations with traders such as Samuel Adams.

LightRey
09-10-2012, 07:06 AM
True but remember the Colonies were forbidden to trade with anyone but Great Britain, but I do believe the Dutch did smuggling operations with traders such as Samuel Adams.
For example. There were of course also plenty of privateers of various nationalities profiting from the war. Also, quite a few French colonies were ceded to the Spanish during the war, and the Spanish sent troops there (eventually).

NOLA_Assassin
09-10-2012, 09:41 AM
For example. There were of course also plenty of privateers of various nationalities profiting from the war. Also, quite a few French colonies were ceded to the Spanish during the war, and the Spanish sent troops there (eventually).

We'll see, though I doubt they'll be featured as much as the French, if at all...