PDA

View Full Version : Time to pack it in . . .

Fenryc
09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Well, I have officially given up my cheerful optimist mantle and moved on with a "why bother obviously Ubi doesn't care about the PC Community"

After countless failed attempts to connect to the server and reading all the posts, I followed the advice from the FMs . . . I sent my "connection to server lost" issue to technical support. Let me tell you, that was quite the the stroll down the yellow brick road.

After a two week nothing heard back, the first response I got from the Technical Support Munchins was to inform me that my ticket had been closed and they assumned all was good in the land of Oz. I used the link to inform them that nothing was resolved as I had not heard back from them with a potential solution . . . Flash forward one more week and yet again my ticket was closed. I was seriously beginning to think that the Scarecrow got all the brains as it appeared that there was a distinct inability to read technical support requests. So, once again, I linked back indicating that nothing was recieved by way of resolution and to my surprise a magical e-mail arrived the next day, informing me to do exactly what I explained in my e-mail I had already done (e.g., disable firewalls, open ports, etc. etc.). I guess I was a bit naive believing there was an all great and powerful Oz with the answers to the universe. However, when I pulled back the curtain there was nobody . . . unless you count the evil flying Ubi monkeys swirling around with our hard earned money in their claws. Lions, tigers and bears, oh my.

Oh well, what can you do when a company doesn't care. Admit defeat and move on. It is a shame because the campain game (not multiplayer) is very good.

In the end it looks like the Wicked Witch (aka Ubi) wins the day. For those of you staying behind, good luck in Oz. As for me, I'm clicking my heels three times . . . theres no place like home (or at least a software company that understands customer service). I'll keep an eye on the forum and who knows perhaps a house will fall on the Wicked Witch and we can all sing "Ding, **** the Connection to the Server is good" and enjoy some good multiplayer fun.

Fen

EvilPixieGrrr
09-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Sorry to hear this. If you PM me your ticket number, I will see what I can do for you.

Fenryc
09-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks EP,

However, I am tired and will move on to another game. It is a shame because I really enjoyed the campaign and when the multiplayer worked it was excellent. I really liked the fact that when you got a good team and applied common sense tactics, you could really rule the field. I have been in actual combat on several occasions and this mimicks it well. I will keep an ear to the ground and an eye on the forums and who knows, things might get fixed. In the meantime I will see what else is out there.

Cheers and thanks for all your support

Fen

NetSlayerUK
09-07-2012, 11:26 PM
...While I have no faith in the company as a whole I have some understanding of what the game programmers, designers and developers are going through.

As long as there are people like me who have such faith in them as opposed to Ubisoft then I believe it is not a matter of hope but a matter of time.

I honestly think this is a "good" game (when it works, the concept is all there! it has truly filled a niche in the gaming industry!)... True, The multiplayer aspect is NOT acceptable but it CAN be fixed.

I encourage the community to point out Ubisoft's mistakes In a constructive way. so that they listen, so that they understand what they are doing wrong and we give them a chance to change things.

This game is not a success but I want this game to succeed due to our input and it will happen.